Tony Hawk Games Gettin' Repetitve

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ketchuptome
I think them T.H. games r gettin old.All u do is do missions and moves.
Penny 4 ur thoughts big grin
The series r good though

Red Superfly
They need to get rid of that Bam Margera 13 year old juvenile crap and turn Pro Skater back into a respectable skating game series again.

The last game had you spraying graffiti, and riding a turbo charged scooter thing. WTF? That isn't Tony Hawks! In Underground theres a mission where you have to drive a car - WTH?

Smasandian
Well, i think they're looking for new ideas because if they kept to same formula each new version will be really boring and old.

Red Superfly
But turning it into a kids game isn't the way to go about it.

And it's far from a complete skating experience. Instead of inventing gimmicks like these stupid Bam Margera/Jackass missions, and having his fat dad in a nappy as a secret character, they should spend time tweaking the skating, adding new moves and variants that have yet to be implemented.

They had the Manual in 2, the Revert in 3, The Spine Transfer/Cancel in 4 and with the Undergournd series it seems to have slowed down.

jaden101
Originally posted by Red Superfly

And it's far from a complete skating experience. Instead of inventing gimmicks like these stupid Bam Margera/Jackass missions, and having his fat dad in a nappy as a secret character, they should spend time tweaking the skating, adding new moves and variants that have yet to be implemented.

They had the Manual in 2, the Revert in 3, The Spine Transfer/Cancel in 4 and with the Undergournd series it seems to have slowed down.

that'll be the computer games industry treating skateboarding as a kids pastime...the same thing that computer games industry hates being thought of as by mainstream society...ironic to the max

personally i love the tony hawks games but haven't played either of the underground games

still think that TH3 was the best...especially the video for rodney mullen...that guy has an unnatural sense of balance

Red Superfly
Tony Hawks 3 was awesome. I remember playing that over and over. Still the best for gameplay and it had Wolverine and Darth Maul as secret characters. Awesomeness.

Tony Hawks 2 had the best soundtrack too.

Ketchuptome
I like Jango Fett in Pro Skater 2

Smasandian

Adding some moves late in Tony Hawk's series will mean nothing to peopel who buy it. It needs a complete change in gameplay, not some tweaking. I know Underground is childish but its skateboarding.

The gameplay is stale as shit now. How many times do you have to collect skate and get this many points. They needed to have some sort of story mode or somethign different and considering Tony Hawk isnt a realistic game, it would look kinda of funny if it was some emotional story.
Its skateboarding, you can only do so much.

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, i think they're looking for new ideas because if they kept to same formula each new version will be really boring and old.

Works for sports games

DracotheDragon
Hey, RedSuperfly, you need to lay off, ok? These games are very good, and Bam gives them definate flavor. Bam is doing things you wish you could do, and that's why you call him 13, and juvenilistic. Maybe you should stop being so Juvenilistic yourself with making fun of others (you know, like we did in 1st grade all the way through 6th grade) and grow up!

pr1983
bam margera is an idiot with more money than sense...

he acts like a child, constantly pissing off his parents and everyone around him... and he makes money off it... great...

Red Superfly
Originally posted by DracotheDragon
Hey, RedSuperfly, you need to lay off, ok? These games are very good, and Bam gives them definate flavor. Bam is doing things you wish you could do, and that's why you call him 13, and juvenilistic. Maybe you should stop being so Juvenilistic yourself with making fun of others (you know, like we did in 1st grade all the way through 6th grade) and grow up!

Err....since when did I insult anyone?

Don't get on a high horse when there's nothing there.

WTH?

Bam is doing things I WISH I could do?

I could easily go smash some stuff up and assault my parents, while being a complete tool and make some average skating videos, and sell them on to wannabe punk kids with more dandruff than brains.

But I'm not a whore.

Smasandian
Well, you got to give him credit for making himself rich by doing all that.

tabby999
yeah, i think hes alot like jessica simpson in the fact you have to be kinda smart to be such an idiot, he managed to cash in and make a f*ck load of money for just f*cking around and smashing things. hey, i'd love to be able to be rich for going "i want to put tony hawk into a chicken suit, then play human bowling off a ramp into a lake!"

ChickinMeat
im not one for complaining about videogames, and i wasnt one to be a big fan of tony hawk to begin with, but the addition of bam just blew my hope for me ever liking the series right out the window.

the fact that i dont find his acts or stunts amusing in the slightest is a big thing to do with it, and that "viva la bam" show whatever its called is one of the worst things ive seen on TV.

I agree with superfly, bring it back to what it was, and can the bam.

DracotheDragon
Red, you need to open your eyes. I didn't get on a fu.cking horse, and oh, wait, I think Bam is rich, so why don't you go do that stuff, and stop complaining. People would appreciate it, especially Bam. I think He'd like that a lot.

ChickinMeat
oh, wait, I think Bam is rich, so why don't you go do that stuff, and stop complaining.

its a shame that some one can become rich from being a total prick, and some people who do tons of work never get recognised.

DracotheDragon
True ChickenMeat, true, I'm with you there....... *sigh*

Ketchuptome
Bam didnt ruin the series to me...But in the game all u do is skate and do missions and stuff.. And a new plot,more characters and advanced graphics still wouldnt do much good to make the series sell as it use to.

jaden101
get back to the well designed skate parks and leave out the gimmicky stuff.., i personally want to see the same style that had me and my mate competing in the 2 minute games to see who could get the highest score...

Red Superfly
Red, you need to open your eyes. I didn't get on a fu.cking horse, and oh, wait, I think Bam is rich, so why don't you go do that stuff, and stop complaining. People would appreciate it, especially Bam. I think He'd like that a lot.

Open my eyes? To what? WTF are you on?

I don't play kids games, made for idiots. Tony Hawks always had a quirky side to them, but they were mainly hardcore skating games. Now, they use gimmickery and fads like Bam Margera (who you WILL grow out of before you are 16 - or you will legally retarded) instead of advancing the skating engine.

And I didn't say you got on a horse. I said you got on a high horse, as in the common saying. Somehow I get the feeling you should stop acting like Bam and go to school every now and then. You can learn how to be less of a moron.

Go be an idiot redneck like Bam and get rich yourself, and get the f**k away from me, I don't wanna hear about it.

I just said the content of Tony Hawk games is for adolescent idiots who think trashing everything is "cool".

I encourage you to be like Bam. Please, go launch yourself off a building in a shopping trolley. I'd pay to see that.

I'm getting harrassed by some crazy Bam wannabe! Eww!

Ketchuptome
Its gettin hectic in this b!tch big grin

Ketchuptome
Anyone here??

DiViNe diFiNIty
what i have heard is the company is gona release tony hawks pro skate 5 nd u start as a average skate and u have to learn ur moves around the streets nd stuff,u get to stake ur own fotage nd stuff

Linkalicious
I like how they went out of their way to make the new Underground a lot different than the rest but what they really need to do is sit down and revamp the graphics/gameplay and have another go at the tony hawk series from a different prespective.

DracotheDragon
Ok red, you've officially lost the right to talk. Stop trying to be smart, you don't do a good job at it. Oh, and I'm 17 you ja.cka.ss, I think you need to go back to school, I'm doing just fine at my High School thank you. And when did I ever say I wanted to be like bam??? I don't want to be like anybody other than myself dipsh.it. Oh, and I'm sorry if you don't like purely fu.cking around with people to just have fun, that might explain why you are such a stiff. Learn to enjoy life, not to shoot the kid within you, because once you loose your inner-child, you no longer have a reason to live. Try to enjoy something, sometime that isn't for adults, ok? Then come back to me after you find something your inner-child likes.

Ketchuptome
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I like how they went out of their way to make the new Underground a lot different than the rest but what they really need to do is sit down and revamp the graphics/gameplay and have another go at the tony hawk series from a different prespective.

Yeah, but the series is dying. Ever TH gane sold less than the previous game(i think embarrasment ) sooner or lata nobody is going to buy it. Except for hardcore skaters

jaden101
and if they keep moving away from the skating aspect of it in a vein attempt to rekindle interest then even the skaters will give up on it

ChickinMeat
maybe TH is doomed

Ketchuptome
yes it is.. But EA would still be rich

skywalker2
my favorite was thug2

jaden101
i got underground 2 for 5 bucks today...not impressed...some of the missions are just pointless

why cant they just concentrate on making a good skating game with well designed parks rather than stupid shit

Sethcx
I completely stopped playing after TH3, even by then the formula was getting old. It is one of the game that lie in the back of your cupboard though, and every so often you dig it out and have a blast with a few mates.
Several of my friends spent god knows how long completing every gap etc. To be honest, I could be bothered.
It should go back to being a hardcore skating game, cut out the gimmicks, for the simple fact that the fad is over. unless they satisfy the hardcore gamers now, they will kill the series outright.

Red Superfly
Ok red, you've officially lost the right to talk. Stop trying to be smart, you don't do a good job at it. Oh, and I'm 17 you ja.cka.ss, I think you need to go back to school, I'm doing just fine at my High School thank you. And when did I ever say I wanted to be like bam??? I don't want to be like anybody other than myself dipsh.it. Oh, and I'm sorry if you don't like purely fu.cking around with people to just have fun, that might explain why you are such a stiff. Learn to enjoy life, not to shoot the kid within you, because once you loose your inner-child, you no longer have a reason to live. Try to enjoy something, sometime that isn't for adults, ok? Then come back to me after you find something your inner-child likes.

Wow, you have really convinced me of your maturity. Oh and the cliched comebacks of "Stop trying to be smart, you don't do a good job at it" are getting very old.

I enjoy life, I still have an inner child, and I can be immature if I want to. But I have respect, you see, for others. I can find fun without having to smash stuff moronically, or spray graffiti, or act like complete trailer trash. That's the bit I don't get. Why smash stuff up? Why act like a complete tool? I don't find streaking to be very funny, I think it's boring, and to be honest, I don't know why people even bother. Seeing people in their underwear in a videogame isn't funny, isn't cool, because I'm not shocked by it. The likes of Bam try to constantly shock everyone with their antics or show a total disregard for restraint. That's why I don't like the new Tony Hawk games, it simply panders to the new wannabe-moronic generation.

You don't need to smash stuff up, act like a d!ck, dress up in "hilarious" costumes and break the law in order to die with a smile on your face.

It's ironic that the same people who say "you need to keep that inner child alive" are the ones who are merely following a trend, yet think they are being part of some punk movement. That's quite sad, actually.

T.M
Tony Hawks 3 was awesome. I remember playing that over and over. Still the best for gameplay and it had Wolverine and Darth Maul as secret characters. Awesomeness.

Tony Hawks 2 had the best soundtrack too.

T H 2 soundtrack was awesome i got it on my MP3 players stick out tongue

Curl_Up&Dye
there's really only so much you can do with a skateboarding game....

they need to worry more about the actual game itself, versus who is placing the highest bid on having their name/face/logo plastered all over the game

Ketchuptome
TH2 did have a good soundtrack yes

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I agree with the essence of what Red is saying, TH needs to get back to it's roots and become a solid skating game rather than relying on gimmickery. I think they deviated away from things because you had a whole slew of blading, wakeboarding, surfing and BMXing games that came out that were poured out of the TH mold. They've fallen by the wayside, so now it should return to what it did best. TH2 & 3 were far superior to what is churned out now.

splintercell
hey how about u guys head over to my tony hawks american wasteland thread its sounds good

Freaky Zeeky
blink

darth_royke
i always thought with tony hawks games, that the levels all conatined really nice skate spots, venice beach was good, the outdoor skatepark on thps4(cant remember the name) and memorable others. myself and friends never played to see who got the high scores, we played to do nice simple tricks over or on things that were nice on the game (and in reality if they existed) to skate. thug was ok, and there were some nice spots. thug2 however was terrible. there were few places that made me think, i'll spend half hour there trying to nollie impossible down, then when i've done that i'll try a quick shove it as well.

i hope the new TH will rectify this as its in a huge city apparantly. tony hawk games were good because of clever and good level design, the controls and gameplay were good, some missions were ok if skate orientated. i dont like the story modes however, i was'nt too bothered with thug, it was there, i finished it, sorted. thug2 ju8st made me cry when i wanted to open a new level. not enough emphasis to skating, too much on acting an idiot.

while i respect the cky and jackass crews for performing these stunts and making me laugh on occasion, they should not be in a skating game. if people want to play a jackass game, so be it. i want to play a skating game where i dont have to ride in trolleys etc.

stick to your roots neversoft, there were bigger than the tree itself

Freaky Zeeky
Nice speech!

ScarFace Clone
you should write a book!...lol

Freaky Zeeky
laughing out loud

darth_royke
well... thanks guys.... i like to think i now what i'm talking about when it comes to tony hawk games.

RaventheOnly
IN THE NAME OF GOD YOU ARE PALYING A GAME BASED ON SKATEBOARDING............. all the TRICKS are repetitive. no expression its a game made around a little board you ride, what do you expect when 7 games about the same exact thing?? laughing out loud

darth_royke
its not about just pressing a button though. its about finding gaps, and setting urself targets. if you're not a fan of skating in life then i'm not surprised you dont enjoy the games. when you find a new gapo theres nothing more joyful than busting moves over it, being creative with the space you've just found. its an art

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
I think them T.H. games r gettin old.All u do is do missions and moves.
Penny 4 ur thoughts big grin
The series r good though

congargualtions!

you've figured out that they've all become repitive after number 2 eek! laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.