Question - The End Of ROTJ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Duffy
Hi,
Ive just watched the sequel trilogy for the first time in years due to a boring sick day off work.
At the end of ROTJ, three jedi ghosts appear, yoda, obi-wan and i want to know who the other is.
Might be a dumb question as my first instict that it was a cleaned up darth vader.
Anybody shed any light?

Ushgarak
It is Anakin Skywalker, i.e. Darth Vader (or not Darth, depending on your point of view)

Darth_Duffy
thanks for confirming that,
but why arent yoda and obi-wan beating the sh*t outta him? lol

yerssot
cause they are friends, he redeemed himself, killed sidious, brought the force into ballance like the prophecy said

Darth_Duffy
took his time didnt he!
i guess the jedi are very forgiving people

Ushgarak
He would not actually be there in Ghost form if he was not in a position to be forgiven.

§pearhead
It's something like being "one with the force". Since Vader was a part of the prophecy that he would defeat the greatest evil the galaxy had ever seen, once he killed the Emperor he apparently redeemed himself. As Ush said, only a select few can return as "ghosts".

Lyn
I love that part...but I wish they showed Anakin's reaction to Leia ((when she comes to bring Luke back)) since his knowledge of who she really is has changed quite dramatically.

Stupid I know...

Sacrifise666
there happy because anakin has brought balance back to the force.

amity75
I'd never thought of that before. Good observation.

Jerico
Or his actual knowledge of having a daughter smile

OB1-adobe
Maybe Luke is the only one who can see the ghost. "I see dead people"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.