Job interviews

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
ive got one on friday at a supermarketbig grin

anyone know what sort of questions they wud ask so i cud prepare in advance?

has anyone eva had any bad experiences with job interviews?

jaden101
if its Tesco then im your man...ive been with them for 8 years including a couple as a manager...

Cosmic_Beings
Is this your first job? After working in crappy places like markets and fast food resteraunts, I'm never looking back and only aiming high.

If you want to get this crappy job, it's totally easy. Just wear cool clothes, smell good, talk confidently. They ask you what previous experience you have, and what qualifications (lol) so just make up some crap, and smile and look happy and make the interviewer feel good.

smoker4
Dont take any hard drugs before it is my advise unless you dont want the job then be all means take some smokin' innit!

jaden101
Originally posted by smoker4
Dont take any hard drugs before it is my advise unless you dont want the job then be all means take some smokin' innit!

you mean like this great chap

http://www.geocities.com/trainspotting_brasil/04p.jpg

WindDancer
Don't wear a colorful tie. Keep your eyes on the guy/gal interviewing you and ask how much does the job paid (seriously, is an honest and legit question) Ask many questions relevant to the job. And don't forget to shake the person's hand after the interview. And above all....Best of Luck!

Cosmic_Beings
And they also ask you what you're planning on doing with your money, so say 'college' or something.

Deano
cheers..ive been to a couple of interviews before..but they was stupid group interviews

Deano
its only a part time job...im at college most days..i need money!!

Cosmic_Beings
If you don't nail this interview in the face, then you need to overlook your life...

SlipknoT
McDonalds

Afro Cheese
Question they seem to love that I always hate is "what are your weaknesses." I usually say something corny like "sometimes I take my job too seriously" or something along those lines.

And this is obvious but don't be late.. they really hate that. If anything I'd go a little early if I were you.

Cosmic_Beings
They also hate it when you accidenally cut into boxes of magazines with a razor to open it and slice up all the magazines in the process.

BackFire
Just be friendly and considerate, be aware of your physical actions (don't figit around and shit), and just be yourself, you're a cool guy Deano, you'll do fine.

BlackC@t
I have a job interview soon, too.

I don't what to wear, all my clothes are too slutty erm

Deano
Originally posted by BackFire
Just be friendly and considerate, be aware of your physical actions (don't figit around and shit), and just be yourself, you're a cool guy Deano, you'll do fine.

cheers bf big grin

§pearhead
Be aware of cheesy questions like, "Why do you want to work here?" and "What is your greatest weakness?" If they ask the latter one, think of something that isn't really a weakness...or spin it so it's not so bad >.<

GCG
they will prolly ask

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years time"

to which you should reply :

In JAIL ! laughing out loud

nah seriously check this
site out. all you want is the job wink

ChickinMeat
thats a very useful website, i will be on the job hunt soon, so that was very helpful.

thank you!

Alpha Centauri
Don't sit down until they say "Take a seat".

Most important rule.

-AC

botankus
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I have a job interview soon, too.

I don't what to wear, all my clothes are too slutty erm

LOL!

BlackC@t, what kind of job is it for? If it's for a business work environment, black dress pants are OK. Just make sure your thong isn't hanging out of your pants.

botankus
Deano, just put this picture at the top of your resume and you should get the job with no problem.

PVS
just dont spark up any conversation about your conspiracy theories and i think you'll do fine

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS
just dont spark up any conversation about your conspiracy theories and i think you'll do fine

laughing ...i cant believe you're still having a dig at him about that laughing out loud

PVS
whistle angel

mechmoggy
Tell them you're a student, and that you need the money for books.

Whatever you do, don't admit what you'll really spend the money on: i.e. beer, drugs and lapdancers.

Deano
Originally posted by PVS

they aint my conspiracy theroes though am they?

Deano
Originally posted by jaden101
laughing ...i cant believe you're still having a dig at him about that laughing out loud

he cant help being big headed big grin

mechmoggy
"am they?"

You're really showing your black country roots with that one! big grin

Deano
i know ar big grin

mechmoggy
big grin

I'm heading over your way in a bit.

Our kid has just bought a place over by the Burnt Tree island, and I'm going over to help him move stuff in.

Deano
wheres the burnt tree island?

i ay familiar with that name

mechmoggy
Tipton

PVS
Originally posted by Deano
they aint my conspiracy theroes though am they?

i can just see it now stick out tongue

deano: well sir, im resposible, detail oriented...yadda yadda yadda...

manager: well dean, i must say i'm quite impressed! so when can you start?

deano: as soon as possible, sir!

manager: ok then, we'll just need you to sign this release form so that we can view your credit history and we will have a drug screening as well.

deano: ok, no problem...just as long as you wont be planting a microchip in my brain.

manager: umm....what?

deano: don't you know of the world-government conspiracy to microchip the population and enslave the human race?

manager: WELL...OK THEN...thanks for your time dean....we'll be in touch....dont call us, we'll call you...take care now! bye bye!

laughing out loud

Deano
ud bloody love that to happen u wud!!

Fishy
If your job interview was anything like mine when i wanted to work in a place like that the only question they will ask is "when can you begin?"

botankus
^^ Sounds like they did a great job making sure they had the best person for the job.

Deano
im just gonna say

'gimme the job or theres gonna be trouble'

that shud do the trick

PVS
just bring your guitar and pose for them stick out tongue

Fishy
Originally posted by botankus
^^ Sounds like they did a great job making sure they had the best person for the job.

Well there was a five minute talk before that, where he probably just looked at how much he liked me, besides the job doesn't take any skill just that you show up on time and put the products where they are supposed to go...

smoker4
So how did it go deano? (another rhyme, innit)

mechmoggy
Yeah, what's the score?

Darth Odious
Walk in there wearing a Santa suit with an ax in both hands. Just stare at him. Then slam the axe into the desk.
Then say " Pay me. Pay me now."
He'll pay you. Trust me.
Nobody wants to die. santa

Deano
i got the jobbig grin
i was pretty nervous but it went ok

smoker4
Originally posted by Deano
i got the jobbig grin
i was pretty nervous but it went ok

happy innit

ladygrim
I went to one yesterday ...OMg it was hell i was sat by a heater that was on fall wack and it made all my mouth dry and found rite difficult to speak...laughing out loud....

mechmoggy
You the man, Deano. thumb up

botankus
Originally posted by ladygrim
I went to one yesterday ...OMg it was hell i was sat by a heater that was on fall wack and it made all my mouth dry and found rite difficult to speak...laughing out loud....

Did you get it? Hopefully the job you applied for didn't require talking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.