Bring on the Sabers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bubbapilot
I have and always will be a fan of Star Wars. While my obsession with it may not be as entrenched as some, I am a faithful junky. I will not be in line to see the movie on opening day, as I just don't enjoy the crowds and I have learned to enjoy the anticipation. The only fear I have is that the movie will not live up to the expectation.

We could stand here and debate all day long about whether Episodes I and II were good or not (I did enjoy both of them tremendously) but I was most disappointed in Episode II and it's lack of lightsaber duels. Sure there was action and the beginning of the Clone Wars is worthy of a discussion all its own, but when it came down to it, there was hardly any dueling going on at all.

I read spoilers before AOTC was released and I was excited about Anakin using two sabers. How cool is that gonna be. Wait, he only had two saber for like 5 seconds. Then Lucas totally cheesed out and did the whole close up of the face with flashing lights bit. I'm sorry to sound bitter, but a Star Wars movie without the sabering is just a really good sci-fi movie. The force and the Jedi are what make Star Wars what it is.

So, now that I have aired my opinion on the past, I just wanted to say that with what little spoilers I have allowed my self to view, I am extremely excited to see ROTS. The story line portrays many a saber fight and what could be some of the most kick a** action sequences in a long time.

Here's hoping that Master Lucas comes through and delivers what could be the best movie I have ever seen. Now, bring on the Sabers!!! rock

Sith Master X
I trust that Episode 3 will deliver. I know alot about the plot, though I haven't spoiled myself by looking at pics or reading the script, but from what I've seen this movie will most likely top them tall. smile

DCLXVI
Save ESB, SMX. stick out tongue
J/k
I hope it even tops that....

macgeek2005
I KNOW it even tops that. This movie is going to top any movie. Maybe.... say... The Fellowship of the Ring, or The Return of the King, will be the kinds of movies that are within the same league as Revenge of the Sith.

((The_Anomaly))
trust me on this, there most definitely will be enough sabering for ya

there are these fights and this isnt including any minor fights in the jedi temple raid scene.

1) obi wan and anakin vs dooku
2) palpatine vs windu
3) grievous vs obi wan
4) yoda vs palpatine
5) obi wan vs anakin

thats as many fights as pretty much all 5 other movies have combined eek!

im pumped too see em cool

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by Bubbapilot
I have and always will be a fan of Star Wars. While my obsession with it may not be as entrenched as some, I am a faithful junky. I will not be in line to see the movie on opening day, as I just don't enjoy the crowds and I have learned to enjoy the anticipation. The only fear I have is that the movie will not live up to the expectation.

We could stand here and debate all day long about whether Episodes I and II were good or not (I did enjoy both of them tremendously) but I was most disappointed in Episode II and it's lack of lightsaber duels. Sure there was action and the beginning of the Clone Wars is worthy of a discussion all its own, but when it came down to it, there was hardly any dueling going on at all.

I read spoilers before AOTC was released and I was excited about Anakin using two sabers. How cool is that gonna be. Wait, he only had two saber for like 5 seconds. Then Lucas totally cheesed out and did the whole close up of the face with flashing lights bit. I'm sorry to sound bitter, but a Star Wars movie without the sabering is just a really good sci-fi movie. The force and the Jedi are what make Star Wars what it is.

So, now that I have aired my opinion on the past, I just wanted to say that with what little spoilers I have allowed my self to view, I am extremely excited to see ROTS. The story line portrays many a saber fight and what could be some of the most kick a** action sequences in a long time.

Here's hoping that Master Lucas comes through and delivers what could be the best movie I have ever seen. Now, bring on the Sabers!!! rock

I agree. yes

Originally posted by macgeek2005
I KNOW it even tops that. This movie is going to top any movie. Maybe.... say... The Fellowship of the Ring, or The Return of the King, will be the kinds of movies that are within the same league as Revenge of the Sith.

now, now don't be to hasty.msn-wink

Protector
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
trust me on this, there most definitely will be enough sabering for ya

there are these fights and this isnt including any minor fights in the jedi temple raid scene.

1) obi wan and anakin vs dooku
2) palpatine vs windu
3) grievous vs obi wan
4) yoda vs palpatine
5) obi wan vs anakin

thats as many fights as pretty much all 5 other movies have combined eek!

im pumped too see em cool

Don't forget
1) Happy Dance vs Anakin
i think we can all look forward to that one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.