Thanos vs. Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thanos
(Mad Tittan)

vs.

Onslaught

kgkg

Lord S
Depends on which version of Onslaught you're talking about.

Thanos easily defeats the first version (Xavier/Magneto).

Things get a little more interesting for the Mad Titan when you add X-Man's powers into the mix, but Thanos still overpowers him.

Final version (w/Franklin)...no contest. Onslaught all the way.

armandovalles
Thanos would reck any version of onslaught. PERIOD.

Lord S
And you base that on what?

armandovalles
Thanos went toe-to-toe with thew Magus when the Magus had the Infinity gauntlet. Need i say more?

Lord S
Yes you do need to say more...and get your facts straight.

You're referring to the events of the Infinity War...and the Magus never had the 'Infinity Gauntlet'. He had five of the six gems in his possession, the reality gem was a fake, so Magus was not omnipotent.

There's no way you can compare the Magus (w/o the complete IG) to a fully powered Onslaught. With mastery over Franklin's powers, he is at the very least, a mini-Celestial. Probably close to being Galactus' equal...though some people firmly believe that he exceeds the big G.

armandovalles
Plus, if the savage Hulk could take out Onslaught like he did what makes you think Thanos can't do it?

leonidas
for my two cents onslaught was a terrible character - too ill-defined. as he was written, i'd have to go with thanos. but if you throw in all the 'speculation', you could make a case for onslaught against practically anyone. based on what was shown though, its hard to argue against thanos taking him (in what i believe would be a close fight) - even without augmentation of thanos's own power.

Lord S
Hulk did not 'take out' Onslaught. He smashed his armour...Onslaught was still there. Plus, Onslaught did not fully reach his potential yet...had he reached it, Hulk wouldn't have been able to touch him.

leonidas
but that's just thing - he never DID reach it. based on what was SHOWN of him, i'll stick with thanos. his resume is too impressive to believe otherwise. least for me.

Lord S
Well I'm going by what logic would dictate...even Thanos, as powerful as he is, can't stand up to practically all of the major heroes in the MU, at the same time, and survive. Onslaught held out for pretty long...longer than Thanos would have.

demigawd
Onslaught's most impressive feat was creating a second sun. That's stellar fusion - pretty damn powerful.

Onslaught never had a chance to really get going, but I think he had enough to put down Thanos.

demigawd
Originally posted by Lord S
Well I'm going by what logic would dictate...even Thanos, as powerful as he is, can't stand up to practically all of the major heroes in the MU, at the same time, and survive. Onslaught held out for pretty long...longer than Thanos would have.

True, and he only lost because of some bizarre plot device that caused the heroes to "kill themselves" by jumping into him and having the X-men destroy their bodies. Never quite figured that one out myself...

armandovalles
well that was te most powerful version anyone had ever seen in the marvel universe, so thats what i'm assuming is the most powerful version of onslaught.

DigiMark007
Onslaught. Just because he wasn't alive long enough to use his powers doesn't mean he didn't have them.

Onslaught had Franklin's powers by the end. Period. Franklin probably doesn't even need to be a full power to beat Thanos. Give Onslaught five minutes against Thanos and he would prove that to you.

-DM

leonidas
went back and took a look at those onslaught issues and find myself (against my will!) drawn to the OTHER side of the argument. based on some good arguments raised here, and what i saw when i double checked the books, i'll have to change my vote - i do believe onslaught would take a regular powered thanos down.

Lord S
Welcome back to the light side of the Force!

Linkalicious
Thanos.

Why?

Because I've read enough comics to know better than to bet against Thanos.

Maestro
Yea true, Thanos was manhandling a warrior madness Thor who had beat down Silver Surfer, Beta Ray bill and Adam Warlock, and even when Thor got hold of the power gem, he was still pummeling his ass.

kgkg
haha and people still think Darksied will give him a fight.

Darkseid won't even touch THanos .

look how easily DD took down Darkseid.

kgkg

kgkg
now how the hell whould he match Thanos.

leonheartmm
onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.