Logic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peterKSL
Logic is a product confounded by both knowledge and creativeness... knowledge can be subsituted for empiricism, and creativeness for rationalism... Both need each other to be able to reach a point of development... And thus, logic is born!!

What are your views on logic?

Clovie
logic? it is conected with inteligence.

(not IQ, intelligence)

DeVi| D0do
^ yes, indeed

Shadwofathought
Intelligence is involved. But I agree with Peter, logic is created with creativity and knowledge/intelligence (this was gone over in more detail in another thread). There are too many highly intelligent people in the world who know all the facts but can't seem to put 2 and 2 together to get the logic unless they are taught every step of the logic.

DeVi| D0do
^ yes, indeed

big grin

and experience... you can get all the Diplomas and Degrees you want but without work experience you're pretty much useless...

leonheartmm
my views, logic is only logical if u stay in fields of mental confinements, theres always a much more logical way to look at something than before, thus the grander or much more complete logic always comes up n makes the previous logic illogical, until in the end logic can not logically define itself, so there is no iltimate logic. wierd.

Jackie Malfoy
I argee but sometimes logic could get one confuse and upsret.JM

calvinNhobbes
Are you guys talking about logic such as if you never saw a cat before and for the first time you saw a black cat you thought that all cats are logically black? Such as if a=x and x=y then a=y. Or are you guys referring to common sense type of logic. I am confused as to how logic is creative. Could you guys expound on this for me? I was always interested in the logic I learned through truth tables and computer programming. So I guess I can see the creativity in the programming aspect as an example. Unfortunately I could not stand the tediousness of programming to keep my attention focused.

calvinNhobbes
What is the other thread that goes into detail about this Shadowofathought?

peterKSL
Originally posted by calvinNhobbes
Are you guys talking about logic such as if you never saw a cat before and for the first time you saw a black cat you thought that all cats are logically black? Such as if a=x and x=y then a=y. Or are you guys referring to common sense type of logic. I am confused as to how logic is creative. Could you guys expound on this for me? I was always interested in the logic I learned through truth tables and computer programming. So I guess I can see the creativity in the programming aspect as an example. Unfortunately I could not stand the tediousness of programming to keep my attention focused.

As I said... both need each other in order to reach a point in development... to create something totally new yet logical, one must have both knowledge and creativeness...

Moonunit
OMG like logic is so like ya! I mean shoulderpads like where is the logic in them?

King Burger
You're obsessed with the Valley Girl lingo, or what Moonunit?

leonheartmm
ahhhh i think moonunit was just waitin for sumbody to notice.

((The_Anomaly))
logic is the key to everything, and the fault of the entirety of human knowledge.

induction really shows us nothing (thus science shows us nothing) and deductive arguments can rarely be used without induction. so really were in a spot with logic. simple syllogisms are useful, but we have to be careful because NOT everything can be equated to logic.

Storm
The central focus of logic is the systematized study of valid and sound reasoning.

Creshosk
Logic is a system separate unto itself that processes data.

But like a blender it can't produce milkshakes without what you put into it.

Logic is not a system that binds the universe together.

I like this answer:

Originally posted by Evil Dead
nothing is beyond logical explanation.

The sad thing is, logic is completely dependant on data. Data is dependant upon technolological advances to collect it.

There are many things that are "unexplained". They are unexplained not because they are illogical or we are unable to understand them. They are unexplained because we humans in our present state do not yet have the technololgy to gather the data to research and understand them. Lack of knowledge does not mean lack of logic. It simply means we lack the knowledge to build understanding of the subject.

everything that any person on earth believes could fall into this category. Everything from Aliens, Big Foot, multiple-dimensions, ghosts, etc.

example:

what if "ghosts" do emit some sort of energy that is readable......we just haven't discovered this energy because we lack the technology to detect it. right now that makes the subject, "unexplained". One hundred years from now we may have the technology to not only read this energy but to study ghosts. That makes it none-the-less logical today. We just haven't discovered the logic.

Atlantis001

Evil Dead
good

my addition......

The central focus of logic is the systematized study of valid and sound reasoning based on irrefutable data.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.