Tulak Hord vs. Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Mantis
dots

Fishy
Tulak Hord, he is a better duelist and can probably hold of all of Sidious his attacks then kill him in a moment of weakness

Darth_Janus
And as an ancient Sith lord revered in a time of great duellists for his duelling abilities, he's pretty much a winner of most arrangements.

Darth Mantis
How about Tulak Hord vs. Sidious & yoda.

Kun-ni Habeo
hord wuld take down sidius
but never sids and yoda they are too strong

Darth_Janus
If he's the best duellist of all time, I would hope he could take down any two Jedi or Sith combination.

Fishy
He'd beat those two as well... Its like Janus said, if your the best and you can't even take out a Jedi and a Sith at the same time no matter how powerful then you are really doing something wrong

Kun-ni Habeo
NJO luke and ROTs anakin???

Fishy
He'd better... Look were talking about possibly the most powerful Sith of all time, and the best duelist... Who was trained in a time when there were plenty of Jedi/Sith to fight.

He studied a lot wrote a lot, he was a briliant fighter, not even those two could beat that

Darth_Janus
Simple logic.

Raw potential does -not- equal certain victory every time.

Kun-ni Habeo
but njo luke could beat hord

Fishy
How the hell do you figure that??

Kun-ni Habeo
im sick of this EU characters!
do you even know how tulak hord looks?what saber did he have?
oh c'mon don't give me this shit.
i figured this cause luke is the best and what do we know about hord,pall and other members of the crazy bunch...
this is shit

Darth_Janus
NJO Luke is quite powerful, but saying he could beat a legendary Sith fighter of old is a bit of a stretch. He was hard pressed with Kun and what's his face Kyp.

It's like me taking melee lessons for five years and then saying I could defeat a Spartan elite. Nonsense.

Kun-ni Habeo
you are makig mokery(i don't know how to spell this)of NJO luke
this guy is the best jedi/sith EVER.

Fishy
He isn't a Sith... And you are sick of EU characters? NJO Luke is one, well sort off...

And he is not the best ever, if he is show some real reasons why he is... I mean just you saying he is will hardly convince me that he is.

Kun-ni Habeo
who is the best ?i don't know you tell me please if u are so smart

Fishy
I don't know, i would just like one good reason from you why NJO luke would beat Hord..

Just one good reason

Kun-ni Habeo
i don't know who did hord beat?do you know?
njo luke trained a hole bunch of jedi and cause of him jedis survived,he resisted the dark side in front of two great sith lords,beat one of them,and is the jedi who i think has the greatest power of will,what did hord do ?don't get me wrong but i don't even consider comparing 2 characters such as those.

Fishy
Well i admit i know very little of him, this is what i do know...

He became known as the greatest Sith duelist of all time.

Many people have described him and other great Sith Lords of ancient times to be far more powerful then recent one's could even dream of.

During his time there were actually a lot of Jedi and Sith to fight and surprisingly enough he apparantly never lost. How much Sith could Luke have fought? Definitly not as much as him, he has a lot more experience

He has a tomb at Coruscant which may not sound as much but as soon as you see the list of people that have tombs there you pretty much figure out its damn hard to get one, especially one as big as his.

Kun-ni Habeo
didn't he had a tomb on korriban?

Fishy
I can't believe i actually typed Coruscant, sorry my bad... Korriban is the one to go with. God how stupid

Darth_Janus
Hm. First things first.

Fishy is right. Very right. Logically, Fishy makes an argument (I wasn't going to take liberties in guessing gender, since it's listed as unspecified... lol)

Second, hating EU characters is foolish in this, a subthread of the EU section. If you want to exclude EU characters, I would suggest making threads over in the four other sections dedicated to the movies. We're outnumbered 2 to 4 and we don't crash the movie sections, going "Revan is the rox00r cuz he is like the chosen 1 in kotor lol vader sux cuz hes old and wears a mask"

Respect works both ways? Hm?

Fishy
Me a he

I know the sentence sucks

jackstain
Sidious

Darth_Janus
Jack, you don't even know who Tulak Hord is, do ya?

jackstain
ive played the game...with the tomb...."best swordsman ever" yada yada.....Sidious would raPe him.

jackstain
dont be ignorant

jackstain
i wuldnt be in this forum if i didnt know anything.

and i know quite a bit

Darth_Janus
So how does a legendary Sith lightsaber duellist lose to a decrepid, genetically enhanced old Naboo politician?

Darth Mantis
The answer is he can't win against this ancient sith lord.

jackstain
You ill think so much different when ROTS comes out.

Fishy
No we won't, Sidious still didn't fight against opponents luke Tulak did. He didn't fight as many he didn't fight opponents that experienced, Sidious can't against a ancient sith like that.

jackstain
well now im just goin to act childish

SidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousS
idiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSi
diousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSid
iousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidi
ousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidio
usSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiou
sSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidious
usSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidiousSidious

Revan Darkstar
and that ladies and gentlemen, is maturity at its height

jackstain
and that ladies and gentlemen, is the gayest thin iver ever heard.

jackstain
if i wanted to be mature about it, i wuld have added a few of these! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Revan Darkstar
true, just when i think you have hit rock bottom, you pull out a shovel and start to dig wink

anyway, don't take this personally, I'm somewhat sarscatstic and couldn't resist

Kun-ni Habeo
oh common in one corner we have Palps and in the other tulak hord who noone actually knows and noone knew how he looked etc....
i mean it is really stupid to say something like this,it wuld like i make a comic or something and say it is 100be4 tulak and there was a Jedi master Kun-ni Habeo who didn't have match in power and lightsaber.iwhat you guys are saying is pure bu11shit

Fishy
Then you could just as well throw away the entire EU section

Kun-ni Habeo
don't get me wrong i love EU and i except threads with revan,malak sion....
but we don't know ho is TULAK HORD for pic sake(wrong spelling i know)

Fishy
We've heard plenty of people talk about him, thats enough for me...

If Kreia says, Kreia of all people that he makes Revan and Exar look like children i'm inclined to believe her... Well sort of, i believe Tulak is a lot more powerful then those two, but make them look like children? I don't know... Still if he can beat those two easily, he can sure as hell beat Sidious

Kun-ni Habeo
sorry i didn't finish playing kotor2 but i think revan is most powerfull sith of all time,kreia is an old fool

Darth_Glentract
well you are wrong

Kun-ni Habeo
and why is that???

Darth_Glentract
because it was said by one of the people who knew him best, his master, that he would lose to sith like Tukal Hord, Marka Ragnos, and Naga Shadow.

Darth_Janus
Marka Ragnos, a halfbreed whose kind was normally not given any consideration among Sith, held power for a century or more, in a time when all Sith did was sit around and practice their powers on one another. Naga Sadow was his successor, among perhaps dozens or hundreds of other Sith candidates. Tulak Hord is labeled as being a legendary and undefeated lightsaber duellist in a time when lightsaber duelling was at its zenith.

I'm not seeing the problem here...

But I do think that if parts of EU bother you so much, you probably shouldn't be in an EU subforum that's predominately EU, including all those characters you can't see but are reputed badasses, and stick to something more... primary canon, I guess.

Kun-ni Habeo
and what about ajunta pall?
janus i already sad that i love EU
so who are the best 10 sith of all time?(in power,not their actions)
i m really interested in this please reply
probably 1.naga sadow

Revan Darkstar
well you asked so here is my OPINION, alrite it is not fact. If you want reasons, please tell me, but I will not put them in with this post. This is a combination of lightsaber and force skills

1) Marka Ragnos
2) Naga Sadow
3) Tulak Hord
4) Ajunta Pall
5) Ludo Kressh
6) Exar Kun
7) Revan
8) Ulic-Qel Droma
9) Darth Sidious
10) Darth Vader (post-lava bath)

Kun-ni Habeo
i wuld make a list like this
1. naga sadow
2.marka ragnos
3.tulak hord
4.ajunta pall
5.exar kun
6.revan
7.ludo kressh
8.Ulic-Qel Droma
9.sidious
10.vader

thnx for the post

Darth_Nefarus
I'm going to say Sidious, because as far as I'm concerned, he has a collaberation of all Sith and Jedi teachings for over the past 1000 years. Sidious reigns supreme and always will IMHO
damn gamers...
lol

Kun-ni Habeo
thnx anyway nefarus

Darth_Janus
Sidious has a 1000 years worth of Sith lore? Is that even possible in one lifetime? Sounds like fanon to me.

My list goes as follows...

1. Marka Ragnos
2. Tulak Hord
3. Naga Sadow
4. Ajunta Pall
5. Ludo Kressh (barely)
6. Exar Kun
7. Revan
8. Nihilus
9. Ulic Qel-Droma
10. Traya

Darth_Nefarus
I hate you so much
j/k

Fishy
1. Marka Ragnos
2. Tulak Hord
3. Ajunta Pall
4. Naga Sadow
5. Revan
6. Exar Kun
7. Ludo Kressh
8. Ulic Qel-Droma
9. Nihilus
10. Kreia

Kun-ni Habeo
why is everyone putting marka i 1 place?
i thought naga was much more powerfull,it is said like that in KOTOR

Darth_Janus
It was told by a bunch of new age Sith who didn't know next to anything about the ancients. Someone like Kreia would be a better source, since she was a historian and poured over the resources of many Sith places of learning.

But I caught that too, recently, in a replay. But if Naga Sadow was better than Marka Ragnos, his predecessor would not have reigned for a century beforehand.

Fishy
Why would he wait with killing his master if he was more powerful? Doesn't make a lot of sence if you ask me

Naga Sadow
yes, how sad that makes me to admit, but ragnos was more powerfull then Naga.

but my list would look like this

1. Ragnos
2.Sadow
3.Pall
4.Hord
5.Kun
6.Nihilus
7.Revan
8.Traya
9.Qel-Droma
10.Bain

Why do i hate modern sith lords? cuz they arent sith lords. and u know why? cuz there is no sith. there were only jedi, which were wiped out. there were Sidious, maul, dooku and vader. all of them were sith lords. but there were no ****ing sith for them to rule, no sith to compete. ancients are the TRUE sith lords. they ripped that title from dead hand of the previous sith lord. that way, the best ruled.

and u say sidious had all the knowledge of the sith? bullshit. he couldnt. sith were wiped out, no trace of them, not many knowledge. in ancient times, they were able to learn from eachotehr and from previous lords. but when sith died, i doubt jedi left their holocrons in their archives. no modern sith killed thousands of jedi. sidious beat the republic, yes. but it was corrupted and he never went on mass jedi slaughters like exar or revan or sadow did.

the reason i consider Naga to be better sith is because ragnos did not exand the empire at all. he was pure power, that is why i put him in front of Sadow. but Sadow was a better lord. he was devious, extremly powerfull, good tactician. he alsmost destroyed the republic if he were not to be destroyed together with his ship while using some kinda battle meditation(some sith version of it probably)

Darth_Janus
Yeah, Naga Sadow was a better leader in terms of capability than Marka. But as was the Sith way, had Sadow been stronger or in a position at any given point, he would have struck down Ragnos easily. Ragnos must have been very careful, very paranoid, or both. I'm debating on whether or not Nihilus was truly more powerful than Revan. I think it's more in Nihilus' nature of abilities than his actual skill and knowledge. Certainly he could destroy most Force users simply because of how he was created, but in all honesty, he was no great Sith lord.

Naga Sadow
ye i know. but in some post fishy made bout kotor and all that. i think it was u who agreed with his story. and it was to use the exile to kill nihilus cuz revan couldnt.
and yes, i know nihilus wasnt great sith lord. but only exile could defeat him i think, and not cuz of his skills like, but simply cuz he can drain the force, just like u said. anyways, i love nihilus. he is dark, powerfull and he just looks fantastic, lol. in that robe and with that mask, and with his voice, he creates an image of a perfect sith lord.

Fishy
Nihilus was imo a weak bastard that had an amazing talent...

Yeah Revan send the Exile over there to kill him becuase he couldn't, but that doesn't mean that Nihilus was more powerful. Nihilus didn't even control the force, he needed to draw the force from other people in order to get it, just like the Exile did. He doesn't really qualify as a Sith Lord in my oppinion.

Afterall Nihilus is probably the only Sith ever that could be beaten by a 7 year old kid with a blaster

Darth_Janus
"In many ways even you are more capable than a Jedi..."

Atton was originally gonna run up and shoot Nihilus to death.

Fishy
Well if he found Nihilus somewhere without other people nearby he could

JKBart
Who wins?

Trocity
Originally posted by Fishy
He'd beat those two as well... Its like Janus said, if your the best and you can't even take out a Jedi and a Sith at the same time no matter how powerful then you are really doing something wrong

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.