Regular Juggernaut versus Shazam!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
WHat say you all???

armandovalles
what do u mean by "regular" juggernaut? do u mean the current, classic, 8th day, or trion?

LordFear
Regular as in classic/slash current.
I don't consider Ultimates as a current continuum!!!!
The classic and current are the same.

armandovalles
no there not, classic is a high cl 100 and current is considered a "Jobbernaut" cuz hes barely cl 100 at all.

armandovalles
so which one?

LordFear
classic buddy. Just classic.
Just big old Cain Marko with his burgundy suit

leonidas
that'd be a hell of a battle. i think juggs gets the edge in strength and invulnerability (though marvel is also nearly invulnerable) but marvel gets speed and flight. i don't see how marvel could knock juggs out though, unless he can implement his little understood magic lightning. toss up here i say, with maybe the edge going to juggs 6/10?

Zahit
I'm going to go with Captain Marvel on this one, due to speed, flight, brains
as well as being almost as tough as classic Juggernaut. He's have a hell
of a time hurting him, but could find a way to take him out of the fight.
Perhaps lift the ground beneath Juggs and fly way up and drop him in
an ocean or put him in orbit....
Great colorful fight this would be!

http://www.cms.edu.do/Teachers%20Folders/willian%20farren/Shaz_container/Mar03/images/shazam.jpg

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Juggernaut/JuggernautSmash.gif

DarkCrawler
It think Captain Marvel is slighty stronger. His strenght is calculated somewhere on 195,000 tons. His invunerablity is also same then the god, Atlas has.

Zahit
dc and marvel have different scales.
in marvel terms captain marvel would be class 100.

LordFear
i SAY THE edge is given to Juggy

juggernaut74
Juggernaut is too one dimensional to pull off a victory over Shazaam. CM will not hurt him but he could mobilize him somehow for a victory. Juggernaut has about the same chance as Hulk beating Superman which is slim to none. Thor couldnt even beat CM, he had to get a cheap shot in while he was Billy Batson to win in the crossover.

Superherovandal
isn't Juggernaut affected by magic? he would fall to those lightning strikes

juggernaut74
Well that is debateable. CMs lightning isnt really a weapon I dont think.

Cosmo Kramer
What? He has magical powers didnt you ever see that retarded cartoon. laughing

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Superherovandal
isn't Juggernaut affected by magic? he would fall to those lightning strikes He's resistant but vulnerable.

Sentry
Who's lightning is more powerful? Classic Juggs wasn't even fazed by Thor's lightning, is Shazams magical lightning more powerful? Doesn't he like share his powers also with his sidekick Shazam buddies?

juggernaut74
This fight is not going to come down to lightning. Either way it will not hurt Juggy just slow him down. But CM has the defining power of several Greek Gods and even Juggy cannot overcome that.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Sentry
Doesn't he like share his powers also with his sidekick Shazam buddies? He used to, but I dont think he does anymore.

long pig
Hell at first i was going to say "Jug can be hurt by magic" then i rememberd Thor godblast had no effect on the guy.

If Shazam tried to h2h fight jugs he'd lose, but if he just flew around real fast he could win by ring out....but never actually hurt jugs.

kgkg
Juggernaut takes this, no matter what what Shazam does it won't hurt Juggernaut.

I saw this fight with thor.

He threw his hammer nothing happened etc.

Thor got his ass kicked.

And what shazam can do Thor can do similar things.

Sooner or later Jugs will get few hits and that's all he will need.

While Shazan can be punching(etc) him all day doing no damage to jugs what so ever.

and don't tell me jugs won't get any hits.

kgkg
here

kgkg
shazam and thor have similar powers which will have no effect on Jugs

bflare
i don't know about that. jugs is pretty overrated by all of you guys. saying that shazam cannot beat up juggernaut is like saying that superman also can't beat juggy.
shazam and superman have like almost exactly the same powers and yet in "Kingdom Come" superman admitted he couldn't beat shazam.
and i'm sure you all read that as alex ross is an awesome artist and that comic was amazing.

shazam being beat my jugs is sad.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by bflare
i don't know about that. jugs is pretty overrated by all of you guys. saying that shazam cannot beat up juggernaut is like saying that superman also can't beat juggy.
shazam and superman have like almost exactly the same powers and yet in "Kingdom Come" superman admitted he couldn't beat shazam.
and i'm sure you all read that as alex ross is an awesome artist and that comic was amazing.

shazam being beat my jugs is sad. You don't seem to be one who awknowedges circumstance. Just because A can beat C and C can beat B, that doesn't mean A can beat B. Shazam has his lightning that has a greater effect on Superman than it would on Juggernaut, if it had any effect on him.

bflare
i can't believe you all think this is even a contest. sure, thor got his ass whooped once by juggy. this is ridiculous! juggernaut is not even considered a high class villian(even though he's a good guy now) compared to the likes of magneto or apocolypse. he's just another one of those villians that pose an annoyances.

comparing him to the likes of shazam, superman is wacked.
the writers are also idiots for making thor lose in those panels so stupidly.

hey, the writers and artist are also human and they do the writing and drawing. some things just don't make much sense and is there for story purposes. some comics created are b**llshiit too. thor should be able to beat jugs with the power he carries.

the damn writers were out of there minds (and drunk) when they plotted the story that night.

savagerampage
Huh juggernaut is a high class villian. he has kicked almost every super hero, u can name. captain marvel isnt going to beat juggernaut. Juggernaut will defeat him, marvel will eventually tire and when he does he is finished

Swanky-Tuna
Who would of thought the son of a god and the avatar of a god would be as even as they are.

savagerampage
shazzam is the noise juggernauts going to make when he pounds him into dust. thor is more powerful then shazzam, and juggy gives thor the beating of his life.

MERCILOUS
Shazam has the durability of Atlas, he won't tire, the Speed of Mercury, Jugs will never catch him, the Wisdom of Solomun, he'll find a way to beat him. Jugs really has no chance. Jugs can't even produce enought strentgh to seriously injure Shazam even if he does catch him by some miracle.

Swanky-Tuna
Shazam would either have to aim for the stars or look for a deck under construction.

long pig
What if SHAZAM pin pointed his magic lightning directly into Jugs eyes?
Could that possibly effect him?
SHAZAM's speed would keep him out of danger but I doubt he could ever hurt Jugs.

MERCILOUS
He does have the strength of Hercules, and Zeus' lightning.

gautam
shazam....because he is faster stronger and has magical powers

kgkg

armandovalles
Shazam would fly around Juggy and try different things until something put Juggy down and nothing would and sooner or later Juggy would get a hold of him and slam him into the ground and pound on him.

armandovalles
Juggy kicks Thor's ass every time who is probably the same as shazam when it comes to powers, durability, speed, strength, etc., so Juggy would f*ck Shazam up.

savagerampage
shazam isnt as strong as juggernaut. Thor beats shazam, and juggernaut tosses around thor, how can u say he is stronger

Draco69
Shazam. Teleport him to the Rock.

savagerampage
LOL whats shazam gonna do pull a thor and teleport him to another dimension like thor did, or else he was gonna get a beat down lol

Draco69
The problem is that Juggs can't really attack Shazam. He's much faster and reacts at near-lightspeed. Shazam couldn't really hurt Juggs by conventional means sooooo using the Wisdom of Solomon he would get rid of the problem by teleporting him to the Rock where'd he float around forever.

savagerampage
True much similar to the thor fights. Although i do think Juggernaut is far stronger than shazam, and if he landed enough blows he would take shazam out.

Draco69
Thor doesn't really have superspeed. In the fights, he just kept on throwing his hammer over and over again like a ponce. Shazam would be MUCH harder to hit. He would just teleport him and Juggernaut to the Rock of Eternity and boost his power until he can defeat Juggs. Or just throw him into a dimensional vortex to nowhere.

savagerampage
who is faster? thor superman, or shazzam

juggernaut74
Superman then Shazaam. Thor has no superspeed just a teleporting Hammer.

Draco69
Superman.

Shazam.

Thor.

Some people say that normal Thor has can fly faster than the speed of light. But I have not seen any evidence for that. If this was true then Juggernaut should not have been able to hit him.

juggernaut74
Is it me or is DC really pushing Captain Marvel this year. He is in currently in the Superman titles I just started reading again and he seemed to be a key character in the DC Countdown comic.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Superman then Shazaam. Thor has no superspeed just a teleporting Hammer.

Thor has "godlike" superspeed without the hammer. He is capable of interstellar flight when holding the hammer, not just teleportation.

Swanky-Tuna

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Did War Hulk knock Juggernaut out or just rough him up? You know the answer to that.

kgkg
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Did War Hulk knock Juggernaut out or just rough him up?
It gave the impression that he was K.O to me. LMAO

But not many people can hurt Jugs.

Including Shazam

MERCILOUS
Why not?

Sentry
Can Shazam withstand repeated blows from the Mjolnir? A few solid shots would be able to put him down. Would they be able to put down Classic Juggs? No. Shazam can fly around Juggs, try the hit and run thing, and sure he'll probably land repeated blows on Juggs, but what is that gonna do? Sooner or later, Shazam's confidence will get the better of him, and thinking Juggs is really slow goes in for close combat. That's when Shazam gets his A$$ knocked the f()ck out.

MERCILOUS
Not withstand the hammer? His resistance to magic is just fine as is his resistance to physical damage. Shazam's confidence? You mean the wisdom of Solomun?

LordFear
This guy has the strength of Hercules. Last time I checked Herc is not a full fledged god he is a demigod. So in strength department Juggy takes this. The wisdom of Solomon so freakin' what???? Unless Shazam can teleport himself in the past and beat up Cytorrak that's pretty useless.
Can IM or Doom beat Juggy even though they are infinitely smarter than him?Hell No.
Speed of Mercury???? Again does this really matter? Unless you can open a rip into another dimension or somehow distabilize him molecularly which isn't possible all that is pointless.
And people please stop using crossover issues as concurrent facts in this debate while in others you reject them as saying that crossovers aren't based on objective writing.
The fact is just Juggy's a powerhouse and he cannot be stopped certainly by the likes of Shazam.
C'mon people do the math. Thor can't stop him with a full shot of Mjolnir, what makes you think Shazam's lightning which is only used as part of his transformation not an offensive weapon.

Draco69
Originally posted by Sentry
Can Shazam withstand repeated blows from the Mjolnir? A few solid shots would be able to put him down. Would they be able to put down Classic Juggs? No. Shazam can fly around Juggs, try the hit and run thing, and sure he'll probably land repeated blows on Juggs, but what is that gonna do? Sooner or later, Shazam's confidence will get the better of him, and thinking Juggs is really slow goes in for close combat. That's when Shazam gets his A$$ knocked the f()ck out.

Shazam has the Wisdom of Solomon. That prevents him from being overconfident. One punch won't knock him out. He's a superman level character. If you believe that Juggs can put him down in one shot, you're kidding yourseld. Not to mention Shazam has temporal distortion that would make his punches seem like they are in slow-mo.

Shazam, as I have said many times, would see that physical and magical means of defeating him are useless. Sooooo being the smart guy he is, he would teleport Juggs and himself to the Rock of Eternity. And then he would use the vast power of the Rock of Eternity to disrupt his forcefield. Either that or just let him float around for eternity.

Sentry
Shazam would say this if he encountered Classic Juggernaut :

"Holy crap! It's Juggernaut? What do I do? I'll teleport him to a rock! If he gets his hands on me, I'm a goner. I have all the other powers of different gods, but that doesn't mean jack to the power of Cyttorak! I have no chance against the awesome power of The Juggernaut!"

Draco69
No. More like:

"Holey Molee! My attacks are useless against him! He hits pretty hard too! Guess I'll just have to teleport him to the Rock of Eternity like I have done a DOZEN other times against people I couldn't defeat."

Swanky-Tuna
That's kind of like Superman walking around with the phantom zone gun dealie

kgkg
Originally posted by Draco69
No. More like:

"Holey Molee! My attacks are useless against him! He hits pretty hard too! Guess I'll just have to teleport him to the Rock of Eternity like I have done a DOZEN other times against people I couldn't defeat."

exactly.

LordFear
Teleporting your opponent to another dimension is not beating him.
That's just delaying the inevitable. People just argue that his wisdom will find the way. If he is in a close arena or surrounding with Juggs, what is he gonna whip up to defeat him???Wisdom doesn' mean genius intellect.
Shazam is gonna get his ass handed to him period. No one here can really argue the opposite.

savagerampage
if you go back to the hulk juggernaut thread and look at page 172 or 174 then i posted pics of the war hulk, juggernaut fight. war hulk didnt knock juggernaut out, he did give him a beat down.

i dont think shazam is gonna be knocked out with one punch. the fight can go either way, only if shazam uses his teleportation move. other then that after a long fight juggernaut knocks him out.

LordFear
Again teleportation.
Is that it????
That's all this suck ass dude got.
That's not winnning a fight based on you being the strongest.
So Cloak versus Hulk. Cloak wins cuz he sucks Hulk in his dark dimension so therefore he "beat him" cuz he is stronger???
Plz don't make me laugh. Oh sorry you guys have already.

Draco69
Either Captain Marvel will teleport Juggernaut to the Rock of Eternity and let him float around forever.

Or He'll channel the limitless power of the Rock to shatter Juggs shield.

Draco69
Originally posted by LordFear
Teleporting your opponent to another dimension is not beating him.
That's just delaying the inevitable. People just argue that his wisdom will find the way. If he is in a close arena or surrounding with Juggs, what is he gonna whip up to defeat him???Wisdom doesn' mean genius intellect.
Shazam is gonna get his ass handed to him period. No one here can really argue the opposite.

If he is in a close arena....then he'll teleport them both out to the Rock of Eternity. laughing

And for God's Sake, Juggs isn't going to land many if any blows on Captain Marvel. The guy moves and reacts at superspeed. Juggs would be moving slow-motion.

LordFear
Fine but what he is he gonna do aside from teleportation?
Nothing. Period.
I don't call teleporation powers as power enough to defeat Juggy.

Draco69
Originally posted by LordFear
Fine but what he is he gonna do aside from teleportation?
Nothing. Period.
I don't call teleporation powers as power enough to defeat Juggy.

He'll channel the limitless power of the Rock to shatter Juggs shield.

LordFear
Speculation.
Don't know what the adverse affect can do to him tempering with another source of magical power at all.
Don't know if the source of Cytorrak can withstand it.
To many variables to state something like that without knowing for certain if it will work.
That's at best speculation and wouldn't buy that as a legitimate scenario

Draco69
Worked against the Spectre.

I'll go with the Rock of Eternity over Cyt. anyday.l

Sentry
What incarnation of Spectre? Did the Presence command him to stop Captain?

Draco69
No idea. I think it was that JLA storyline with Hell.

Anyhoo. The Rock of Eternity is literally the compendium of magic for the DC universe. Juggs shield isn't going to withstand it.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Draco69
No idea. I think it was that JLA storyline with Hell.

Anyhoo. The Rock of Eternity is literally the compendium of magic for the DC universe. Juggs shield isn't going to withstand it.

Don't you understand that the power of Cytorrak is limitless Draco?(sic)...there's no way anything in the Universe can destroy Jugg's shield(sic)..he's completely invulnerable to all forms of attack(sic)...and we all know that the Spectre is no match for Juggernaut(sic)...neither is Superman(sic)...Darkseid(sic)...or any of the New Gods(sic)...

LordFear
Again Draco you are going by speculation and that alone is insufficient to accuratley make such a prediction.
We clearly see that Cytorakk is an immense source of power because of the different versions of Juggy. 8th Day then Trion which are versions that are insanely more powerful then classic. I don't see Juggy getting his ass handed to him unless he uses teleportation which is his only hope and not really getting a win just avoiding a battle.

Draco69
Point Taken. However, you fail to recognize that Juggernaut cannot do anything to Captain Marvel also. He's too fast, he can fly and his stamina is healed by lightening.

It would either by a "win" by teleportation or a draw.

MERCILOUS
Battle field removal is a valid arguement, especially when current Juggs was banished via a black hole.

LordFear
Battle field removal????
what you mean transportation?
no way. I don't give someone a win base on that alone.
You gotta demonstrate and work for it.

MERCILOUS
You should know the rules by now, that's a valid arguement unless stated otherwise. Shazam can use teleportation to make the battle favorable for him. There's nothing wrong with using your powers in case you haven't heard. He could easily take him to black hole, which we've already seen will work, or even worse to the Rock of eternity.

LordFear
And you call that a win???
Please people. Teleporting your opponent in a black hole doesn't qualify you as a victor regardless of whatever stipulation or the lack of it was stated at the beginning of the thread.
You pound, blast the guy into submission, unconsciousness or kill him. Those are wins for me. By rights I could just argue and say that Cloak could also best Juggy and Hulk and he therefore is more powerful then them, right??
Ridiculous. Tell me a stalemate but not such a whimsical scenario.

MERCILOUS
Yeah, the same way shadowcat can phase you into the ground, how is that not a win? No one's ever argued about Nightcrawler teleporting his enemies into a wall or teleporting there heads off. Teleportation is a power. Are you gonna argue about Psyclops using his optic beam, it's a power too you know?

LordFear
dude taking someone and placing them somewhere else so you don't have to fight them is not a win. Call it whatever the hell you want but in my book you gotta work for a win. Cyclops??? What are you trying to be a wise guy or something? That's his main mutant power, no relevance at all. Again you fail to understand the point of my statement. It's like the U.S as much as we keep deporting illegal immigrants from over our borders, the problem still remains and comes back later on. It's only a temp answer for a problem not a solution.Therefore in this case, it's not a win for me.
But to each his own. I don't really need you to agree with me to stand by my statement!!!

MERCILOUS
It's not like the U.S. and it's illegal immigrants at all, for the reason that when we deport them they aren't utterly destroyed. Your analagy would be more correct if you said we shippped them into a meat grinder. It's damn permanent if you ask me.

Actually answer this question this time, If Nightcrawler teleports someone into a wall (not some prison or place they were stuck in), but a wall, which blends there moleculer structure with the wall, killing them is that a victory for Nightcrawler?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.