Just a quick question?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

drex
If 2 jedi's are having a light saber fight such as anakin and dooku y doesn't dooku use the force to deactivate anakins lightsaber and then go for the kill with his own lightsaber?

Is this considered cheating in a jedi fight or did the jedi just not figure this out?

Jedi_KnightAlly
LOL, that's a very good point lol. That wld be bloody hilarious if that happened.

PVS
its been asked before.

and its been answered.

the answer is "who gives a shit? its just a movie!"

jedi2187
Probably too busy using the Force to defend/attack their opponent. but I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually used this idea on someone else...

SithSpy
this also leads into a question of how is it turned on, if its a switch then why does it turn off sometimes when they are dropped and then not when they are thrown i.e., vader in ROTJ

like the new sig by the way Jedi

drex
i know its not a serious question but if ur in a tense saber fight and u are looking for an edge and need to win with brains not ur skill it seems like the simpliest thing to do!

obi1 wins a lot of battles due to his quick thinking than his skill and that just seems the easiest way to win?!?!

lucasfilm
Originally posted by drex
If 2 jedi's are having a light saber fight such as anakin and dooku y doesn't dooku use the force to deactivate anakins lightsaber and then go for the kill with his own lightsaber?

Is this considered cheating in a jedi fight or did the jedi just not figure this out?

NICE!!! although yeah, its just a movie, its called "suspension of belief"

HAROLD
Originally posted by PVS
its been asked before.

and its been answered.

the answer is "who gives a shit? its just a movie!"

lol. so right, PVS.

SithSpy
the same thinking could also be applied to why were obiwan and quigon able to run so fast to get away from the droidekas in the begining of TPM but Obi couldnt do it at the end to get through the forcefields and help quigon with maul

macgeek2005
A lightsaber is turned on by turning a nob. If you let go, it goes back to it's original position. In ROTJ, Vader used the force to keep his lightsaber on, when he threw it at luke.

SithSpy
not true fella sorry, some are like that some have buttons some have activator pads, but in the end one thing remains constant, "Its a movie"

jedi2187
Originally posted by SithSpy
this also leads into a question of how is it turned on, if its a switch then why does it turn off sometimes when they are dropped and then not when they are thrown i.e., vader in ROTJ

like the new sig by the way Jedi

Thanks, a throwback to the OT days.

Some lightsabers, according to SW Insider, have their activations built on the inside, and can only be turned on via the Force. So when you're in a serious duel with someone, not only would you use the Force to defend yourself, but you would also have to hunt around their lightsaber to find the switch, but that may be the least of your worries at that point.

Alliance
and how boring would it be is someone could deactivate your lightsaber?

jedi2187
Originally posted by SithSpy
the same thinking could also be applied to why were obiwan and quigon able to run so fast to get away from the droidekas in the begining of TPM but Obi couldnt do it at the end to get through the forcefields and help quigon with maul

Spider-Man from Toyfare Theater "How come Obi-Wan can make like the Flash running away from those droids but drag ass trying to save Qui-Gon?"

One theory I have (in which case I'll use the Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 for reference)... Obi-Wan got sith-slapped by Maul, falling a considerable distance. he used the Force to cushion the blow, thus saving his spine and possible medical bills. He then used the remaining Force that he had to leap back up, but failed to make it in time, natch.
Also, it's plumb dangerous running on those gangplanks. Didn't your mom teach you anything? stick out tongue

Of course, I could be wrong, so please correct me if I am.

Jedi_KnightAlly
Yeah, i can see how the anakin v obi wan duel wld go.....

"Die obi-wan!!!"
Anakin runs at obiwan.... to get his lightsaber switched off on him....
he turns it on again ready to attack... to get it switched off again....
instead of a dueling contest, its turns out to be a contest of who can keep their saber on long enough to strike the other lol.

"Now, bloody stop it!!!" lol

Creechuur
Its suspension of DISbelief actually...I screw that up a lot too.

I say its because all Jedi are taught to hold the button down with the force once the saber is activated, almost like a subconscious thing. If its such an obvious trick, you'd think Yoda would teach a counter to the younglings pretty early on.

Darth Plagueis
You could also then ask why one Jedi wouldn't use the force to snap a neck, or stop a heart, pinch an artery, etc., etc.

umraan
that is what force crush and grip are for

Darth Plagueis
Right, so they could do that as well as turning off a lightsaber (more effective, too)...

Darth Blender

bill9d9
Why doesn't one use the force to make your opponent's pants fall down in the middle of a fight?

"force drop-trow"

Mist

GCG
Originally posted by bill9d9
Why doesn't one use the force to make your opponent's pants fall down in the middle of a fight?

"force drop-trow"

laughing out loud funny thing to see.
Imagine ol'ben doing that to Darth Vader on the death star.

Darth Vader: "My mecanical parts are showing ; IM NAKED ! "

i think the lightsaber cannot be deactivated in a Jedi / Sith's hand ; only the wielder has full control of it.

or simply cause it cannot be done

maddani
how can jedi block lightsabers lazers but not punches?
its a joke not a question big grin

drex
i think its because the dark side clounds the force so they can not tell if they are going to punch or not and therefor it can not be blocked!

But anyway its just a movie not to be taken seriously!

Darth Blender

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.