Purgatory and Abram's Bosom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
First off, sorry if I misspelled anything. I am exceedingly tired and SHOULD be in bed right now.

Tell me about these places.

Darth Odious
Hi. Me again. I think purgatory is a place where you can do your own thing, without God looking over your shoulder. I don't think God would be cruel enough to send you into eternal fire just because you don't agree with him. I think only the truly evil go to hell. It's all about your intentions when faced with the absolute truth. Free will. Go to heaven under God's rules. Burn in hell without guilt for your crimes. Or possible spiritual cabin fever in no man's land to ponder your own future. In purgatory you can just sit and think about where you want to go from there. I'm sure God will either leave you alone or wait until you make up your mind. It's only eternity. No rush. angel roll eyes (sarcastic) mad

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by Darth Odious
Hi. Me again. I think purgatory is a place where you can do your own thing, without God looking over your shoulder. I don't think God would be cruel enough to send you into eternal fire just because you don't agree with him. I think only the truly evil go to hell. It's all about your intentions when faced with the absolute truth. Free will. Go to heaven under God's rules. Burn in hell without guilt for your crimes. Or possible spiritual cabin fever in no man's land to ponder your own future. In purgatory you can just sit and think about where you want to go from there. I'm sure God will either leave you alone or wait until you make up your mind. It's only eternity. No rush. angel roll eyes (sarcastic) mad

Not quite. Purgatory is where you go to atone for you sins if you "qualify" (did the right things on Earth) to get into Heaven, but just by the minimal standerds. Think of it like a kid playing outside. His parents told him that he couldn't get too dirty. If the kid tries not to get dirty and comes home with a few grass stains and dirt markings, his parents will let him back in only after he's taken a bath. Purgatory is like the bath. Sin is like the dirt. Now if you just soley went out side to get dirty and came back looking like the mud monster, then thats when you get in trouble.

As for Abrahams bossum it's more of a metaphor/symbolism. Think of it when your hugging a parent/friend/complete stranger(sorry had to add it in). Well when you huge them, you huge their chest. Which in this case if the bossum. When they say you are in the bossum of Abraham, than you are hugging one close to God, and therefore protected.

Darth Odious
Purgatory sounds like 90% of the earth's population. I hope I get a good seat.

FeceMan
I don't believe in purgatory...is there any part of the Bible that mentions this?

Darth Odious
I never read of it anywhere.

PrinceofBlades
I have i'm still trying to find my bible. Blasted thing where is it?

debbiejo
Purgatory is NOT in the Bible...Nope. As for Abraham's Bosom, It's like a metaphor..Or allegory stating that the first will be last and the last will be first, the meek and lowly on earth will inherit the kingdom of God.
That's the way I see it...It's not literal. Otherwise, he better have a huge bosom...

finti
why cant it be Marys bosom instead ?

debbiejo
laughing out loud

You never cease to amaze me.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by debbiejo
Purgatory is NOT in the Bible...Nope. As for Abraham's Bosom, It's like a metaphor..Or allegory stating that the first will be last and the last will be first, the meek and lowly on earth will inherit the kingdom of God.
That's the way I see it...It's not literal. Otherwise, he better have a huge bosom...

Well not in blant forms, but there are metaphors of a place for cleansing or purification. But I'll drop that allegation since I cant find the evidence to support it sad .

The only reason it's not Mary's bossum is because Abe came first.

Darth Odious
Originally posted by finti
why cant it be Marys bosom instead ? No shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.