The Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker! *spoilers*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

macgeek2005
For most of us, knowing what happends to Anakin in episode III for so long, has kind of blinded us to really what's happening.

Take some other movie that you've seen, that has a hero in it, and imagine him being built into a black robot creature.

This one really does it for me. Imagine if Frodo fell into the cracks of doom, but was resqued. Imagine Frodo Baggins of the Shire, in a black suit, with mechanical arms, and legs. Anakin Skywalker, a slave boy from Tatooine, being built into a mechanical being, is more emotional than anything from the OT.

I really feel sorry for him. He was a kind, loving, caring young man, who cared extremely for his wife, but feared her death. That fear was his doom. It's so tragic.

Brilliant, and Tragic. Toward the end of the movie, as you see Padme dying on the operating table, and Anakin Skywalker, that kind loving boy from the outer rim, waking up more machine than man, to learn that in his desperate attempt to save his wife from the future he saw for her, he had destroyed himself. He is dead, and alive at the same time. Living in an evil world, where you can only think about feelings, but can't actually have any. The Scene where Anakin Skywalker wakes up in that suit, will be one of the saddest moments in movie history. He is bound to the one man who promised him the power to save padme. The one man who he hates beyond hates now. He is forever stuck in this hidious form, neither living nor dead. He has killed himself, as well as padme. He killed padme. The thought is unbearable for him. He hates everything now.

Anakin Skywalker, son of Shmi Skywalker, that funny little kid from tatooine, is now a machine of evil.

Who agrees with me that this will be the most emotional scene in cinematic history, or at least Star Wars history?

Fcuker
i know im totaly gunna lose it in the theaters and start baling

astrofan428
Well put.

ImperialPEZ
l agree wholeheartedly.....this episode will change so many things about the OT, and in particular will make the moment where Luke burns the "more machine than man" that much more poignant.

Batman316
if handled as we all hope it will be tragic........

I don't think I need to add onto that....

well posted macgeek

though I do sincerly wish I could log on one day and not find a topic started by you. There is bound to be a thread like this somewhere....

In all the time I have been here I am yet to start a thread cause I found this marvellous thing called the 'search' button.

Regardless it's too close to the end to flame the crap out of you so I will instead say well posted

*notes- yes I am drunk Happy Dance Happy Dance

macgeek2005
I think it will be the most emotional part of the Star Wars Saga. More emotional than "I am your father"

astrofan428
Thought you said Order 66 was.

bilb
MacGeek, thats kinda cool.. I hadnt thought about the fact that both will be on operating tables and only one survives.... very nice cool

smoker4
Nice thread but theres no need to turn everything into ROTS is better than ESB, people have different opinions smokin'

astrofan428
Actually you can kinda say that both them die, and the same time the twins are born Vader is born as well.

I know he is Vader already, but after this until Empire Anakin is basically dead. From the point he turns until he gets burned he still has Anakin in him I believe.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by macgeek2005
Anakin Skywalker, a slave boy from Tatooine, being built into a mechanical being, is more emotional than anything from the OT.

You made some good points (at last), but damn, you're taking the hype to a new level with a comment like this. Just be careful when hyping stuff like this up, for your own sake more than anyone elses.

The moment he realises Padme is dead is the moment he becomes 100% Vader and Anakin is dead, it will be pretty emotional. I dunno, the atmosphere has to be amazing for it to beat Han's carbonite freezing and "No, I am your father" as the most powerful Star Wars scenes.

Here's hoping the music also does the scene justice, just as the pivotal scenes from the OT were.

macgeek2005
Anakin, and Padme both die. The Spirit of Anakin is left in the horrible form of Darth Vader, with the torment of Padme's death.

macgeek2005
Originally posted by astrofan428
Thought you said Order 66 was.

Order Sixty-Six will be the most tragic moment. It won't be that emotional though.

smoker4
http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/00000021kelly.gif

astrofan428
?

bilb
Originally posted by Red Superfly
You made some good points (at last), but damn, you're taking the hype to a new level with a comment like this. Just be careful when hyping stuff like this up, for your own sake more than anyone elses.

The moment he realises Padme is dead is the moment he becomes 100% Vader and Anakin is dead, it will be pretty emotional. I dunno, the atmosphere has to be amazing for it to beat Han's carbonite freezing and "No, I am your father" as the most powerful Star Wars scenes.

Here's hoping the music also does the scene justice, just as the pivotal scenes from the OT were.

Very true.. if you saw it in theatres during first release there has never been a more emotional moment than the ' I am your father line'.. spine tingling that

But yes, order 66 is going to be quite tragic.

Personally I think i will lose it when th ebabies are born & Padme dies sad

jjwil76
i wish someone would have chopped off the limbs of "that funny little kid from tatooine" in TPM.

and who in the hell though that kid was funny anyways?

i can't help but think that macgeek actually cried while writing:
"Anakin Skywalker, son of Shmi Skywalker, that funny little kid from tatooine, is now a machine of evil."

haahahahahahhhaahahahahah---what a loser!
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

HAROLD
Well said, macgeek.

macgeek2005
I'm gonna lose it throught the whole movie. It's just going to be so cool, i'm not going to be able to keep still.

Think about anakin feels... Padme promises him that she didn't tell Obi-Wan where he was, and then Obi-Wan is there, standing in the entrance to Padme's ship. "Lair" he screams at her, and then begins to choke her. He never knew that Padme really did not tell Obi-Wan where he was.

So theres anakin... He's been betrayed by his wife (from what he knows), and his former master makes him slide into a lava pool. Those pictures of anakin in the lava pretty much show us that GL didn't screw this scene up. Anakin is burning with hate, hate stronger than any hate he's ever had before. Hate toward Obi-Wan for burning him in the lava pool, hate toward padme for betraying him, and hate toward Sidious who promised him the power to save Padme. This is a feeling of saddnes... so sad.. that we probably won't be able to grasp his full feeling.

jjwil76
Anakin Skywalker, son of Shmi Skywalker, that funny little kid from tatooine, is now a machine of evil.

Holy S#iT!!!! THAT'S SOME GOOD STUFF!!!
eek! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

macgeek2005
i'm glad you find it funny. It wasn't intended to be... though...

astrofan428
Yeah those burn pics fired me up so much, especially the scared look he has on his face jsut after it begins. But by the time it is over he feel snothing but hate.

astrofan428
You still stuck on that?

jjwil76
Originally posted by macgeek2005
i'm glad you find it funny. It wasn't intended to be... though...

dude, i think that is the most dramatic bit of dookey nugget i've read on these boards yet! thanks for the laugh brother...whooo!

yeah i said dookey nugget. laughing out loud

macgeek2005
okay

HAROLD
Originally posted by jjwil76
dude, i think that is the most dramatic bit of dookey nugget i've read on these boards yet! thanks for the laugh brother...whooo!

yeah i said dookey nugget. laughing out loud

what a pansy.

yeah i said pansy laughing out loud

ubidoobascooby
This forum is like an alchoholics annonymous group session. Hi.. my names macgeek2005, and... and I just can't handle the tragedy... poor anikan.. once son of SHUT THE @&*$ UP!!!!! It's posts like these that make this forum gay!
You haven't even seen the freaking movie and your all on about how.. "oh I'll get emotional in THIS part.. but I'll only get half emotional in this OTHER part...". Not only is this a discussion for a help hotline, but the fact you feel you need to share your passion for wetting your pants for padmes death!? There's no such thing as free therapy, go pay for it like every other emotionally unstable phsyko.. and don't go see episode 3 with a gun for fear of you shooting everyone once you come to the realisation that this movie won't be as cool and totally awsome and redeeming of the previous 2 as you thought it would be because of all your emotional hype.. What's next, a forum about singing coombiya?

Batman316
coombiya my lord coombiya

macgeek2005
coombiya my lord coombiya, coombiya my lord coombiya, oohhhh lord coombiya.

Hey ubidoobascooby, thanks for the idea. this is pretty funny. Join in everybody.

COOMBIYA MY LORD COOMBIYA!!!!!!

ubidoobascooby
Hope the emotional therapy works wink remember, guns are bad, mmmkaay, let the healing begin... I hope there's a life waiting for you after episode 3.......

Phoenix2001
clearly you folks have a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle to much time on your hands...

bilb
and your point is?? laughing

macgeek2005
COOOMMBIYA MY LORD, COOMBIYA!!!!!!!!!

darthmonkey9206
amen, brotha.

macgeek2005
coombiya my lord coombiya

leowyatt
takes baseball bat and cracks macdork opps macgeek in the head

skywalker2
i think anykin had it coming for him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.