Ou Be Low hoo's Astounding Works Of Staggering Genius...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ou Be Low hoo
Due to popular demand and a desire for salubrious succinctness, I have compilled my current catalogue of masterpieces all together under this lovely, thatched roof...The straw is real, you know...

From time to time, when fancy fills my sail and moves me ever North-East-South-Westward, I shall return to this place of many things to contribute another example of my ever blooming brilliance. The brightness of it is likely to astound and the magnitude of it's significance will always be staggering large and weighty, like an ocean liner.

Please feel free to flatter me...

Also, you are welcome to plagiarise my work if your mind, heart and soul are not as onomatopoeically extravagant and as aesthetically indulgent as my own.

Furthermore, if anyone amongst you requires medical help for your poetic maladies; I would be happy to dress their wounds. Simply, copy and post your poem in this thread and I shall doctor it to resemble something more brilliant. I require no fee for this service. It is my gift to you.

By the by, I generally like to close a poem with the sequitur 'Fin' as the French are in tune with my notions of truth, beauty and the mind.

Fin.

Ou Be Low hoo
Utch-Nay On The Kibble-Lay

'Odontoglossum Harryanum' was once a thing I eye-balled.
Now it's time has past and Seasons morph,
From clouded sky to sunny rays,
The light in my eyes forever shall never fade.

To rhyme with no reason maketh no foot,
So to boot the crap and eat thyself.
My words said backwards reveal the truth,
Spoon-forced-fed and all uncooth.

The trip to the top is not the tryst.
So forget all leave and love thyself.
My cheese beats two goats from any Ramblesworth,
But to whine all the time and nothing else?

The libertine said "Do it now!"
But to retort the thought lost it's use,
And now grumbles amble beneath the tree
Root and stem, my brothers, sisters...remember them!

And to fit the finale is all but round,
Back-to-front and upside-down.
It has happened and shall finish soon,
So don't forget to leave some room.

The End ain't nigh, the truth was told,
So on it went...and still it goes.
Getting bored, time to stop...
Plank, gank, stank the loaded elf.

Ou Be Low hoo
Down By Six, All Over With Tricks

Down by six,
All over with tricks.
Found the last score,
Can't deny it no more.
By the twelth eleven,
We'll be playing for score and seven.
All the World will appreciate,
No more time to be irate.
The nine by four?
Around no more.
Time to work, the hours go by,
Sometimes slow, sometimes fly.
In the end,
That circle that bends.
It's not going to stop,
Flip-flop, flip-flop.

Ou Be Low hoo
Twist On The Ribbons

Twist on the ribbons,
Twirl them round and round,
Yellow, blue and upside down;
Float them, steal them, say their name,
Cherish them, love them, it's all the same;
Superflous decoration on perfect pearls,
Why the ribbon? Why not just pearls?
Too much, more and more, Stop! That's it!
No more for me, I'm feelin sick!
In the end, it's all that's needed...
A shape, a face and a voice to breathe with.

Ou Be Low hoo
All Slipped Up, Ready To Rouse

All slipped up, ready to rouse,
Take your medicine, no time to drouse,
In your head, that's where it's at,
Not thinking whether to use that gat,
Drop it, crush it, make it no more,
Leave it as an ornament to prop up your door,
Floor, your, four-score-and-ten,
Lying cold in your coffin trying to remember them,
Wake in life, sleep in death,
Just don't forget about the peppermints for your breath.

Ou Be Low hoo
This next one has been posted in the 'General Fiction Area', but it is more befitting of the 'Epic Poem' sobriquet in tune with Dante's Divine Comedy, Keats' Endymion and Homer's Odyssey...

Away on whispering Walrus...

Became of time and it was then that I of mighty force reached and prowered. In the truth of it, much as is was now, the life of my road before me stretched forth and across as all but the widest rainbow. Colours of light and shades so pale, it looked not unlike all that was once before the fall of this, then, thigh.

Across the padded river did I ever troll my logged legs, so heavy beneath the umber of all that was before. On shoulders, taught and toothed by others, was I alone in my reverie whilst all around I strode. Becoming what was hence never seen again, did I strike first like the shadow of a branch at the call of the moon. Time to sleep, to dream, to remember Shakespeare and the cause of the calamity. Did I follow such a road that was hidden by others? "Perhaps, yes, maybe", a wiser man than I would say, but answering it proved to be less evident.

Then, while time strolled, I found at once my legs were on the run! "Halt!", said I, in mocking encouragement, but alas their time was NOW and I merely straddled the rock and watched the moonlight shiver in the cold, dark sky as I waited for them to return with their friend, The Sun.

In morning time, of light and sun, became myself once more and then. With rested ways and lightness of foot, I rose like a flower in Spring's first bloom and greeted the day of yesterday's child. It was at once anew and all familiar, but like the passage of time through an hour-glass' sand, it began it's journey of progression...

My time, being forever bound to that which is not mine, expanded and stretched like the horizon before me. The final tail of the dog's elbow was there before me, whilst at the same time teasing forever behind me. Why to tease and taunt? Have I, in my travelled ways, never paid homage to thee? Of course, this would be inopportune to whine, but forever does it feel like a trick less cooked.

At the thought of my famishment, I regarded my wares and rewarded myself with the nectar of fleshy pears. An ample appetiser, but body - being strong - demanded greater sustenance for the trek ahead. With my eyes of sight and my ears of sound, I looked, heared and watched for food to be found. There, in the twinkle of my ear and the whisp of my eye, spotted I a flavoursome meal, to be boiled, roasted or broiled. It but was a rabbit before, but now, a hearty meal.

Please note: It is far from complete and has been slightly edited from it's original form...

Ou Be Low hoo
Next, we have a collection of notes that I amassed during my spell in isolation...

Notes from a dark, dark hole: Part 1 - The Remedy

On first finding myself surrounded by 4 walls, 1 ceiling and a floor, my intial thoughts were "Where in the wheetabix am I?"...After 4 seconds of precise deduction and logistical reasoning, I came. To the conclusion that where I was was somewhere I hadn't not not been before....This usettled me less than a little, but not as much as nuthin but a G-thang, baby...I knew I had my wits, but what if they were wittled away by the wind? Silly thinking, I know...You don't get wind in a woom. After realising my predicament I spent some time contemplating the answer to "Yes?"...

Notes from a dark, dark hole: Part 2 - The Abyss and The Frog Boy

Moons jumped and suns swept, but still my time of reflection continued. The answer to the 'yes' question became more and more convoluted as it was infected by the moss and the grime of the grim grumbling cage that was my home. 'Does the caged bird sing as sweet as the free feathered friend?' I asked myself...The response was not what it wasn't and certainly didn't not it was. My mind seemed to grow dull at the dinge in solitary, but frequently I would obliterate my worries by roaming in my minds eye-eye. Captain, what course for the island? "I know not the place of our being, yet the North Star shall guide us", said he. A wise, old salt never needed seasoning, that was for sure! The enveloping actual darkness was one day lit by a candle of a croak...A dear friend I came to know and love as 'Frog Boy'! There was I waiting for my drifting, when through the crack in Celia's door hip-hopperty-hopped the ol' winger! "What the biz?', said FB..."The trees are a fine shade this time of year, aren't they not?", continued he. At first glance, I was taken a step back-attack by his barracking brogue, but with crystal vision I understood and talked, he did, about the world out-side, as I grew cold in here...

Notes from a dark, dark hole: Part 3 - Suffoofering-ing

The cold chilled my bones to brittle stalactites drooping in the gloom. The sun shone not for me, but for you and people like you. This was the way of my world. A world without light, only darkness and decay. A world with me, myself and no eye for company, for Frog Boy had long departed in search of adventures new. It was with a sad heart he left me all alone in the grunge, but I understood his stool. He is a child of the light. A bringer of light to dark places, not just for me, but for others who had been banished from where they once called 'Home' and where once home had called them 'Mine'. In this blanket solitude, I confused myself with me and had an argument over a saddle. "A saddle and no horse?", I thought...Yes, no horse...how strange.

Notes from a dark, dark hole: Part 4 - The Spillage

Life became a dreary, drudgery of droning dullness. Not a sound was uttered - neither garbled, not spoke - by anyone, two, three, four, five, once I caugt a fish alive. The day began as it ended - in silence. Old Mother Goose gandered on and on about the goldeness and wot-not-wot of silence, but to me...in that place...well...It wasn't fun, I can tell ya. Occasionally, I would peak through the iron bars of my bondage and catch a glimpse of a ball yet caught. It was like watching a rainbow fall from it's lofty peak into the ether from whence it came. This life was no life, but bark on bark and tooth of tale. It seemed inhuman to cast my being into such a vacuous pit, but such is the need of little people, with big positions..."Assert thy authority! Make an example! Don't delay, what you can do today!" - this is the mantra of that sort. Such a shame that power in the hands of an whisp becomes a sting in the tale of a wasp. Corruption and incompetance walking hand in hand, while stars crawl foot to foot on a dirty floor! The spillage occured during recess. I dropped an egg out of my cup. It broke. The egg that is. The cup was/is fine, thanks for asking come again.

Notes from a dark, dark hole: Part 5 - The Quaffle

"Stootin' Tuesdays when all is went-up and blimped"...This was the kind of thought that would pervade the crevices of my mind. It was like a drunken drill infatuated with the sound of it's own monotony as it bore away into the duldrums divine. Such utter consistency made my monkey sore and my fingers even more starched. I needed escape, but here I was slapped and bound between an idiot and a renegade! What life is this, that binds the beauty of being with the bell of bucolically? Prevarication was never an option in the face of their blight. They wanted nothing from me, but my silence and my movement. They had both for a while, but in the end I am free and they are still slaves to their laws and patrons to their 'peace'. Some hopes rise and fall with the tides, but theirs is a nothingness that can not be broken by sun, sea or saviour. Life like that is undeserving of the word. Trill me, fish me, fillet me - you will never fully berate me.

Notes from a dark, dark hole: Part 6 - Margarita Time!

With such slow suddenness that it would have confused the hare and the tortise, my life in the box of my revery became brighter and altogether more illuminated. The reason for such a sequence of diffusion can be attributed to the arbitrary nature of my nurture: I was one of the few born inside a martini glass that was close to over-flowing with margarita and all things Tequila. Gold, naturally...From this liquid birth, to my liquid rebirth during 'Margarita Time', I became less ensconced with my previous surroundings and delved deeper into the truculent circle that I found myself a victim of...Such bouts of self-discovery rewarded me with merriment and a severe case of the wibble-wobbles. Such is life, thought I..."Trick-truck!

Notes from a dark, dark hole: Part 7 - The Bacchanalian Frenzy

Twisted tops and twinned towns of tomorrow didn't head the horn of hope calling through the blustery winds of the valley's vibrating rhythm. It was with Dionysian delight I delected to divulge my duty to those despotic dullards who confirmed their cruelty by the contradiction of the claims! Oh and how! Such drivel delighted the drones who drove on and downwards to their deity's dungeon. "Follow the filth!" thought one and all with the mighty conviction of corruption and the ceasing of civility...The tide ebbed and flowed in the cauldron of their vacuous minds as I, your heretic hero, hobbled half-harmed and hopeless. The barrage of their brainless brutality bruised and bludgeoned the believers whilst demonstrating even more distaste for the deserters...Amid the atrocities of the doomed, I, alone stood...The summoning of their tumultuous torment neither blackened my beauty nor dissolved my desire. Who am I to question the moronic nature of 'man', when all I hold in my possession is the perception of their ridicule? Oh well, I'll take a melon and proscuitto salad, thanks.

Notes from a dark, dark hole: Part 8 - The Golden Ratio

"Trig, Trig, Trig...BOOOOOM!", Said The Pyramid. The Pyramid, through a course of self-deprecation, had acquiesced with my attractive attributes to the point of a mutual affinity. "All is as was and forever will be" was one of his favorite sayings. Many times he would couple it with a slight in-take of breath through his teeth which sounded like a rabbit blowing bubbles through a blade of freshly plucked grass...Ahhhh, those were the sounds sent from Mana! From within, to without...Much of my mind's eye was trained to focus on the far as it flirted with the fear of all thigns too near. At a distance it could discern, whilst a close proximity left it feeling rather deflated by the piercing nature of my current palpability...I knew that in time, my real reverie would return...But still...I waited for that time. Waiting was all that I could do while I wallowed in that well of impoundment. Slip me a fish and I'll make us a BBQ to broil it on.

The final part goes something like this...

Notes from a dark, dark hole: Part 9 - The Fin

Fin-fin-fin, fin fin-fin fin. Fin? Fin-fin. Fin!

Fin.

Ou Be Low hoo
If you wish to view the 'Notes' collection in their original form, please follow the linky-dink-dink...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=330097&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

lil bitchiness
notworthyOBLh notworthy

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
notworthyOBLh notworthy

You're all too kind...too kind, by far! I'm currently brain-scrambled by the delights of Filipino Rum mixed with freshly squeezed lemons, ice and a littttttttttttttttle tipppppppppppppppppppple of the Devil's soda, Coke. Check me, check you and show me the money.

Ou Be Low hoo
I, myself, me, mine, my and mon are rather attune to the aestheticism of symmetry, so I would like to conclude the 'Notes' collection, with a lovely and round '10'...

Notes from a dark, dark hole: Part 10 - The Chromatic Ether

From above, under below and all around and in-between, the magic of the wind curled like a ball of soft velvet among the languid, pillows of the wandering trees. There nature was the dawn and their power was the night. In this mix of truths and lies was I, the ray, the light, the torch. Darkness smothered, eclipsed and strangled, but even the slender moon has a way of making itself heard, so for one so bold as I, illumination was not a situation that caused a quandary. In the midst of this muddy murk, grew flame and fire as the ground bubbled and the wind sang. In some moments of time, the world opened-up like a sieve and shards of broken colour permeated the blanket sky. To behold this sight was indeed an invocation of life. For to tell the tale with embellishment would corrupt and curdle the apocalypse of it's beauty. In days to past, this, then, there and now was all the recompense I ever needed.

Syren
I would usually assume that when a person uses as extensive a vocabulary as you have used in the notes above, it is fair to say that they probably know the exact definition of only three quarters, if that. But, for some inexplicable reason, I felt no such assumption upon reading your work. I tried numerous times to picture what you were describing and the image slipped away like a vivid dream on waking... frustrating to the max but oh so enjoyable! Also, I think you may ba a touch insane, but you make the state of your state of mind seem so worthy of covet. I am literally desperate for more and I don't generally admit that so openly roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by Syren
I would usually assume that when a person uses as extensive a vocabulary as you have used in the notes above, it is fair to say that they probably know the exact definition of only three quarters, if that. But, for some inexplicable reason, I felt no such assumption upon reading your work. I tried numerous times to picture what you were describing and the image slipped away like a vivid dream on waking... frustrating to the max but oh so enjoyable! Also, I think you may ba a touch insane, but you make the state of your state of mind seem so worthy of covet. I am literally desperate for more and I don't generally admit that so openly roll eyes (sarcastic)

I guess you must have taken a slight sojourn from your current location to flutter at my own abode. For this, I thank you.

As for the words I use...I'm not trying to alienate those who have a more limited vocabulary. I'm simply choosing words that sounds more beautiful and pertinent to my ear/eye....'languid' or 'tired', the choice is clear to me...

Also, I find the literal meaning of the piece as a whole to be of secondary importance to the evocativeness of the descriptions. If that makes any sense...

As for the state of my mind...I like to take weekend breaks in the land of the insane, but I feel it is more of a case of having read many 'insane' books...

Anyway, I'm sounding far too pretentious, so I shall cease my verboseness.

Syren
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
I guess you must have taken a slight sojourn from your current location to flutter at my own abode. For this, I thank you.

As for the words I use...I'm not trying to alienate those who have a more limited vocabulary. I'm simply choosing words that sounds more beautiful and pertinent to my ear/eye....'languid' or 'tired', the choice is clear to me...

Also, I find the literal meaning of the piece as a whole to be of secondary importance to the evocativeness of the descriptions. If that makes any sense...

As for the state of my mind...I like to take weekend breaks in the land of the insane, but I feel it is more of a case of having read many 'insane' books...

Anyway, I'm sounding far too pretentious, so I shall cease my verboseness.

I appreciate it may seem I have strayed from my usual route in order to comment here, but that's not the case... this entire section is in existence due to my personal request and others' obvious interest... of course, if you meant you are grateful for my allowing myself to disconnect from reality momentarily, I can assure you it wasn't the hardest thing I have ever done eyes

Anyway, I cannot be bothered with the effort of sounding like a dictionary, so if I come across as ignorant then it's me being lazy roll eyes (sarcastic)

I understand why you're opting for the more harmonious lexical choices; I'm sure most people would do the same if they were capable. That's one of the main reasons I write poetry, I love the sounds. The messages you convey are interpreted in so many various ways by every individual that I guess to have a distinct meaning would be kinda pointless... at least that's my main reason for concentrating more on the structure than the content.

Incidentally, which 'insane' books have you read?

Trickster
notworthyOBLh notworthy

Ditto.

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic) Fans, can't tolerate them, can't be famous without them. Or could, but it would be very lonely blink

Coldfire
Well the words OBLH uses do sound pretty cool, even though I don't quite know what they all mean... messed But that's what a dictionary is for big grin

Ou Be Low hoo
I appreciate it may seem I have strayed from my usual route in order to comment here, but that's not the case... this entire section is in existence due to my personal request and others' obvious interest... of course, if you meant you are grateful for my allowing myself to disconnect from reality momentarily, I can assure you it wasn't the hardest thing I have ever done eyes

Au contraire, my dear...Au contraire...I was merely remarking that you were 'stroking my ego', rather than your own...

Using BIG words is not synonymous with intelligence. Although there are always exceptions to the rule...

Snap!

Ulysses - Joyce
The Crying of Lot 49 - Pynchon
Ghostwritten - Mitchell
Cloud Atlas - Mitchell
Gulliver's Travels - Swift
Catcher in the Rye - Salinger
The Jitterbug Perfume - Robbins
Heart of Darkness - Conrad
1984 - Orwell
The Divine Comedy - Dante
Catch-22 - Heller
On The Road - Karouac
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Adams
Foucault's Pendulum - Eco
To the Lighthouse - Woolf
Love in the Time of Cholera - Marquez
The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Kundera
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Pirsig
The Great White Shark Hunt - Thompson
The Waste Land - Eliot

These spring readily to mind, however there are others...

Ou Be Low hoo
roll eyes (sarcastic) Fans, can't tolerate them, can't be famous without them. Or could, but it would be very lonely blink

Indeed, I am beatified, yet condemned at the same time...

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by Coldfire
Well the words OBLH uses do sound pretty cool, even though I don't quite know what they all mean... messed But that's what a dictionary is for big grin

Thank you, but you don't enhance your vocabulary by reading a dictionary...You do it by reading good books.

Coldfire
Yeah I agree with you totally, cuz books have totally increased my vocabulary.... but I still don't know what some of those words you said mean. That's what I meant about the dictionary comment.... need it to look up those words! stick out tongue big grin

Ou Be Low hoo
To Dance And Dine

To dance and dine,
Drink some wine...
It's a fine line
Between love and hate,
Stop feeling so irate,
It'll make your life deflate...
Stop short of what it ought to be -
Lovely, beautiful and so elementary!
Water, wind, your face, the sun
No cloud will ever shadow it,
Once it's un-done...
Released like a bird,
Once caught, now free...
That is how it should forever be let be;
Appreciation of life,
Rejection of distress...
Misery is not your calling,
And it suits no-one best...

Fin.

Coldfire
Ooo that was good OBLH. I like the imagery in it big grin

lil bitchiness
Thank you, but you don't enhance your vocabulary by reading a dictionary...You do it by reading good books.

OMG you're just too fecking awesome! Right on OBLh...

Ou Be Low hoo
OMG you're just too fecking awesome! Right on OBLh...

I'm beginning to suspect that your eulogizing is more than a little sarcastic and less than a lottle sincere. It is a tangled web you weave, Miss lil b...

Ou Be Low hoo
On Surfing

The smell. That's what you recognise first. A strange oxymoronic mix of both the fresh and the stale; Nature's own seasoning already evident in the air you inhale. The staleness perhaps eminating from the land - in shock from the contact of something so alive and living. Not that the land is dead...merely the more staid relative of the vibrant and ever moving water that holds it.

Next comes the sound. Furious and roaring in the strongest storm, yet quiet and relaxed on a calm, summer's day. The sound, or occasional lack of it, is what surfers perhaps notice most. As if the living voice of the ocean is speaking to them directly. Whether its a thunderous tenor or a slight soprano, the voice gives you a sense of what is to come for your eyes. BUT...there are also contradictions to be found in the many calls of the ocean. Sometimes the quitest whisper can be followed by the loudest call. These are the days of awe...

On firts presentation with the peacock-like beauty of the ocean's wealth, little can be said. The azure tones of a velvet sea, coupled with the clock-work pulses from some far away wart of weather is an amazing sight. To look upon a calm ocean, and the watch this blanket of certainty be disrupted by a rise in the horizon is the jewel in the ocean's crown for a surfer. The sweet synergy between a perfumed off-shore and a rising ground sweel being the most fortunate of circumstances for any surfer to cast eyes upon. In these rare, ever yearned for instances, exuberance over-flows and the desperation to become part of this liquid symphony is enough to reawaken the inner child. 'Reawakened innocence'. Perhaps this is what ignites the surfer's soul. From our liquid birth to our liquid rebirth...once reawoken it soon becomes a surge that no barrier can repel.

The joy of these occasions is highlighted by the knowledge that such combinations are infrequent. Yet despite this desire for Da Vinci's circle, our enjoyment is not restricted to a desire for perfection. TO most surfers, time in the water is time well spent, regardless of the conditions. A place of energy, life and friendship. Even during the frigid days of winter, it is a blessing to be part of the orchestral ocean - The life blood of the world.

Surfing can be a universally encompassing experience with friends and a solitary retreat from the 'real' world of man-made things. Both can even occur during the same session. From the room for one space in a hollow barrel, to the cries and cheers from friends as they observe the spectacle - this 'ALL' of surfing is what gives it it's resonance. I, for one, hope to be part of the chemistry forever and a day.

Ou Be Low hoo
Mofo corrections, yo:

'first' - not 'firts'
'war of weather' - not 'wart of weather'(!)

lil bitchiness
I'm beginning to suspect that your eulogizing is more than a little sarcastic and less than a lottle sincere. It is a tangled web you weave, Miss lil b...

Sorry, it wasn't actually meant to be sarcastic - I re-read my post and it seemed sarcastic - in a simple kind of way - the kind I would never use. Sarcasm only works when used intelligently, and that up there sounded like something 13 year old would say to sound sarcastic, so, nope, no sarcasm; I was generally giving you praise in a girly/goofy kind of way.

Ou Be Low hoo
Sorry, it wasn't actually meant to be sarcastic - I re-read my post and it seemed sarcastic - in a simple kind of way - the kind I would never use. Sarcasm only works when used intelligently, and that up there sounded like something 13 year old would say to sound sarcastic, so, nope, no sarcasm; I was generally giving you praise in a girly/goofy kind of way.

"ATTENTION!"
"1, 2, YES, SIR!"

All cleared up and shiny. Nice. Where's your stuff? DO IT!

Ou Be Low hoo
My new masterpiece! Are you excited? You should be...

Everlasting Darkness and No Likey-likes

Oh! I'm so depressed,
My life is such a mess!
All the clouds are dark,
I'm all alone in this park!
I feel I'm being watched,
24/7, all around the clock,
Maybe I'll pick up this rock,
Smash it on my head
Then you won't have to worry...
Cos I'll be bled, red, totally dead with a hole in my head.
I want my big ted. Ma-ma?

You like so much, yes?

Ou Be Low hoo
I LIKE! I LIKE! I LIKE!

Oh...And this is OFFICIALLY the most popular thread on the whole forum! Congratulations to me! Yay!

Click Here For The Results In Full...

Ou Be Low hoo
Turning Time

Turning Time and all that was,
Shall mix and merge beneath the seas,
Forgetting, remembering, stop-start-repeat...
As it ebbs and flows beneath my feet...
At the tall hour will it abate?
Recline, remove and regurgitate,
The cycle, the wheel, the falling star,
The kiss from a lover with a view afar,
In betwixt the midst and all aboard,
Treacle coated, ease to digest,
Increase the remedy, relieve the stress.
In the twiglight light between you and me,
Stands a shadow, not real, nor free...
If all that is shall forever be,
What stands there between you, you, me?

Ou Be Low hoo
Even though Ou Be Low hoo is the one saying it, Ou Be Low hoo's poetry is excellent and delicious.

Syren
My new masterpiece! Are you excited? You should be...

Everlasting Darkness and No Likey-likes

Oh! I'm so depressed,
My life is such a mess!
All the clouds are dark,
I'm all alone in this park!
I feel I'm being watched,
24/7, all around the clock,
Maybe I'll pick up this rock,
Smash it on my head
Then you won't have to worry...
Cos I'll be bled, red, totally dead with a hole in my head.
I want my big ted. Ma-ma?

You like so much, yes?

For f.uck's sake. I think this is reaction enough happy

Syren
Ulysses - Joyce
The Crying of Lot 49 - Pynchon
Ghostwritten - Mitchell
Cloud Atlas - Mitchell
Gulliver's Travels - Swift
Catcher in the Rye - Salinger
The Jitterbug Perfume - Robbins
Heart of Darkness - Conrad
1984 - Orwell
The Divine Comedy - Dante
Catch-22 - Heller
On The Road - Karouac
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Adams
Foucault's Pendulum - Eco
To the Lighthouse - Woolf
Love in the Time of Cholera - Marquez
The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Kundera
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Pirsig
The Great White Shark Hunt - Thompson
The Waste Land - Eliot

These spring readily to mind, however there are others...

That's quite a collection! I think the most insane I have read so far is probably Terry Pratchett embarrasment I do love the Discworld, I believe I always will... also a book entitled The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, that was rather 'kooky', to say the least. I loved Gulliver when I was younger, the entire concept had me enraptured... and I also started the Hitchhiker's Guide but simply could not settle into it. Shame on me.

PrinceofBlades
Well Ou Be Low hoo, I could say your poems are very good, as well as your arrogance. But there is a thread dedicated to that subject, of arrogance, in the Off Topic Forum. So I will leave that thread to do it's job. Just thought you'd like to know...

Ou Be Low hoo
For f.uck's sake. I think this is reaction enough happy

WHAT!?! Are you saying it's not excellent!?!?!

I read a few Terry Pratchett books when I was younger, but I have found that I have become a bit of a literary snob and I now don't find them 'worthy' enough...I'm such a d!ck! You should try THGTTG again...The fist part is excellent, but I did find that it went a little down-hill after that...Still funnier than most works of fiction though...

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
Well Ou Be Low hoo, I could say your poems are very good, as well as your arrogance.

In time you will realise the difference between 'pseudo/faux-arrogance' and the real thing...

PrinceofBlades
In time you will realise the difference between 'pseudo/faux-arrogance' and the real thing...

the difference being in your case... you wishing you had pseudo/faux arrogance...

Ou Be Low hoo
the difference being in your case... you wishing you had pseudo/faux arrogance...

Like I said..."In time you will realise the difference..."

It doesn't happen over night, but keep your chin-up and plug away...

PrinceofBlades
Like I said..."In time you will realise the difference..."

It doesn't happen over night, but keep your chin-up and plug away...

Sad really that you and I can't talk face to face. I'd show you the meaning of "keeping you chin up". And for the record I know what the difference means.

DreamingWarrior
*snicker* at the danger of being moderated, guys, there IS a place for this. ask Syren or Lil Bitchiness. Dont want yall gettin fubar'ed by a moderator either.

Ou Be Low hoo
Sad really that you and I can't talk face to face. I'd show you the meaning of "keeping you chin up". And for the record I know what the difference means.

...Said the 16 year-old as he ran to hide behind his mummy's dress from the Big Bad Man.

PrinceofBlades
...Said the 16 year-old as he ran to hide behind his mummy's dress from the Big Bad Man.

Tell your mom I said Hi.

WindDancer
No more fighting both you. No more rants please. Don't derailed the thread.

Coldfire
yes please guys! This is a place for poetry not arguing cry

Ou Be Low hoo
Tell your mom I said Hi.

My mum said "Hi" back and asked if next time you could you wipe your own botty when you need to go poo-poo...

Anyway...Back to talking about me and how great my poems are...

PrinceofBlades
My mum said "Hi" back and asked if next time you could you wipe your own botty when you need to go poo-poo...

Anyway...Back to talking about me and how great my poems are...

Wow arrogant and ignorant. Why don't you learn to wipe your own booty and not have every-one else wipe it for you. But I'm otta here only because:

a). I'm a pragmatisc with ideals, and therefore don't want to get in trouble when my work isn't finished here yet.
b). I'm wasting my time
and c). I'm wasting my time.

lil bitchiness
Ok, last warning both of you.

You have been warned by WindDancer already - stop the nonsence or someone will get a ban.

Coldfire
Prince please stop already!! He may be really annoying, but don't let him get to you!! I don't want you getting banned! cry

Ou Be Low hoo
Prince please stop already!! He may be really annoying, but don't let him get to you!! I don't want you getting banned! cry

Thanks, Coldfire. I know...This place is for poetry, not pulverizing! Haw! Haw! Oh, and don't call me 'prince'...I've already ascended to my throne, so 'King' is more appropriate...

Syren
WHAT!?! Are you saying it's not excellent!?!?!

Uh, no roll eyes (sarcastic)

As in, excellent, but only you could spew forth such scintillating crap whistle

No, I'm kidding. I really liked it.... I just couldn't be bothered to criticise constructively so I tried to say a few words with impact. I failed miserably big grin

Note: I should, with my reading capabilities, be more of a literary snob than anyone. But for some reason I haven't developed a sense of superiority and I definitely read for the pleasure.

Syren
Thanks, Coldfire. I know...This place is for poetry, not pulverizing! Haw! Haw! Oh, and don't call me 'prince'...I've already ascended to my throne, so 'King' is more appropriate...

HaHA. I just read this, and goodness you're obnoxious. But also, quite funny. I hate myself for encouraging you, really I do.

Trickster
I LIKE! I LIKE! I LIKE!

Oh...And this is OFFICIALLY the most popular thread on the whole forum! Congratulations to me! Yay!

Click Here For The Results In Full...

Um, actually, OBLH. Take another look.

§P0oONY
and to be honest you only put 7 threads up for voting, so it really proves nothing erm

Syren
Gah! Amateurs, the lot of you schmoll

*chains self to thread entrance (somehow) and adopts severe expression*

§P0oONY
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Coldfire

Sorry to disappoint you my dear, but I wasn't calling you Prince... I was referring to PrinceofBlades....

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by Trickster
Um, actually, OBLH. Take another look.

Oh, right on! I must, I must improve my bust and stay on top of things...Life, it moves and rolls like sand on the beach...

Ou Be Low hoo

Ou Be Low hoo
Sorry to disappoint you my dear, but I wasn't calling you Prince... I was referring to PrinceofBlades....

I'm pleased to hear that. Like I said, 'King' is a more appropriate term when addressing me.

Ou Be Low hoo
As in, excellent, but only you could spew forth such scintillating crap

No, I'm kidding. I really liked it.... I just couldn't be bothered to criticise constructively so I tried to say a few words with impact. I failed miserably

I'll have you know that it was my own rather splendid, smart and ironic attempt at highlighting the pervading dreariness of the majority of the poems posted in this forum...Hoo-hoo, look at me on my snooty, ironic perch.

Please Note: Any attempts at explaining 'irony', or indeed self-conciously referring to one's own works as 'ironic' immediately negates the irony due to the erosion of the innate subtlness that the term/style/state of being demands. Unless, of course the actual explanation or self-reference is also ironic. This is similar to the effect of calculating the difference of two negative numbers, eg. -1-(-1) = 0. However, when attempting such an audacious feat, the person must be aware of not over-doing the 'ironic' explanation as this will also result in a negation of the irony. Personally, I find that 111 words - not including numbers - is suffice. Anything over that amount is a little sour.

§P0oONY
I'm terribly sorry, but the poll is definitive. You can't argue with the facts...My people have spoken and crowned me 'King'. Thank you, my people...Thank you...

Oh, but i can argue.... that is the fun in life

Ou Be Low hoo

Coldfire
It doesn't state the complete truth however, since not all the options were explored.

§P0oONY
No. Life is fun for a myriad of plethoric reasons, but arguing against facts is not one of them. The poll states the truth. It can not be contradicted.

They are hardly facts, just the opinion of of a few... erm

and of course life is fun for a number of reasons, but my point is one arguing; not against facts because that is just stupid but against people who think they are better then everyone else...

Ou Be Low hoo

Ou Be Low hoo
It doesn't state the complete truth however, since not all the options were explored.

The poll was the pollsonification(my word...) of clarity. It pondered 'What's Your Most Favorite Game/Thread In The World Ever?'. The options were made available and you, the people, voted. So, it was the hole truth, the fool truth and nothing butter the truth, so help me Ou Be.

Coldfire
Well whatever; I'm not going to have a big huge debate with you, lol.......

Ou Be Low hoo
Salted and Mist/Missed...

In the vessel, tall, then wide
Brittle at neck, velvet inside,
Between the bergs of mice, not men
Is the bounty for us and them.
The murky glory of not-so-clear,
Distilled and ready to disappear...
First a sip, a taste, not quenched,
Thirst a feel of recompense...
The slither of citrus, so vital and near,
Bonded with the spirit of Agave from there,
Into my body, my mouth, my dear!

Care to guess the muse?

Ou Be Low hoo
Well whatever; I'm not going to have a big huge debate with you, lol.......

I'm delighted to see that you have finally acquiesced and agreed that it is impossible to debate facts.

Coldfire
Well I dunno about aquiescing, but I can't argue about the same subject for days on end... so I'm stopping now big grin Nice poem there stick out tongue Could your muse be alcohol maybe?? shifty lol

Ou Be Low hoo
Well I dunno about aquiescing, but I can't argue about the same subject for days on end... so I'm stopping now

Excellent. Your acquiescence is accepted and the bells have be rung accordingly.

Indeed it is, but the mystery is which beverage? The truth lies within...

Coldfire
I'm not really into alcohol so I have no idea which one, lol.

Ou Be Low hoo
Salted and Mist/Missed...

In the vessel, tall, then wide
Brittle at neck, velvet inside,
Between the bergs of mice, not men
Is the bounty for us and them.
The murky glory of not-so-clear,
Distilled and ready to disappear...
First a sip, a taste, not quenched,
Thirst a feel of recompense...
The slither of citrus, so vital and near,
Bonded with the spirit of Agave from there,
Into my body, my mouth, my dear!

Care to guess the muse?

Forever at your service, I have decided to give you, my people, a clue..."It's a cocktail, but which one?", said the White Moon to the Blue Ocean.

Fëanor
margarita?

Ou Be Low hoo
Snap! What gave it away?

Fëanor
if you had left the "agave" part out, i would have guessed wrong...

Ou Be Low hoo
Yeah, I made it too easy...

Fëanor
you do realize a vast majority of posters on this forum or even to your thread, will have no idea what "agave" is...or its by product

Ou Be Low hoo
The Evening Floats On Beer Time

Oh! You amber! You Gold! So Bright!
Be my partner through the night!
When the world is drawn to close...
Help me undress, take off my clothes!
When the Sun begins to stand,
Masquearade before me, hold my hand!
At that time, when duty calls,
Leave a note at my door,
When the work is finished, done,
Then the you-and-I fun shall have begun!
In our bonding; celebrate!
Leave your worries, cease your hate!
Discuss not more, but less and then...
Raise the glass and remember - AGAIN! AGAIN!

peterKSL
WOW! Your are SO GOoD... wink

or should I say "hey! it's awesome"... laughing out loud

Ou Be Low hoo
Thanks...I know.

Ou Be Low hoo
The Top Of The World

The Top Of The World; From my perch to you,
Seeing what I see, you just never knew...
Your ability being infintesimal...
Subtract me and you're left with decimals.
Insignificant amount, cast your thoughts, your brain's a drought.
Needing water - The blood of life...
Wanting, wishing, causing me strife?
Forget your feelings of insignificancy,
Flee from your worries, don't flee from me.
I'm here to help your little mind,
Beginning small, one day replacing mine?
If in doubt, ask again, repeat.
My knowledge is my gift to you, my treat...
Devour it, drink it, savour my soul,
If not...One day you'll be thinking, why weren't you so bold?
Old, cold, no love, no life...
Commiserating your misery with my thoughts of flight,
Intoxicated by the gist of my rambling lore,
Check once, twice, three times, four...
The doubt is cast, the shadow is met,
Every morning I rise, to show you? Not yet.

Ou Be Low hoo
Pff...More genius...

Resting on Moon Time

Resting on Moon Time, dipping my blade,
Cutting your thoughts with soft, soft clay.
Malleable life! Oh wondrous joy!
Who bestows on you the gift to employ?

Reject the abscess growing here and there,
Defeat the soldier, the lion, in it's lair,
Ride for the truth, swim from the decoy,
Never attempting to bless, convert, totally destroy.

Let wisdom guide you, but heart lead the way,
Fighting the demons, erasing decay.
When in doubt, not knowing how,
Spare justice your truth and show me now.

Among the fools and those who pollute,
Never pander to the pauperized, be resolute!
Stand solid for beauty, love and land,
Take not with, but give with your hand.

And in the midst of your lovely, lie...
Gaze upon youth and listen, heroic lullaby,
For there once was a man of truth who decried:
"Whatever I say, shall hold no unopened 'why'!"

"Resting on Moon Time, dipping my blade,
Cutting your thoughts with soft, soft clay.
Malleable life, oh wondrous joy!
Who bestows on you the gift to employ?"

Ou Be Low hoo
Sometimes I think I'm almost too good...Talent; a curse and a blessing...

Ou Be Low hoo
And So It Pours...

And so it pours, and so it flows,
Breaking the clouds, to the grounds below...
From mountains to accumulate,
Rushing, tripping, trying to incapsulate
Finding absolution in it's brethren,
Washing out, cleansing, rejoicing when
Beginning afresh, starting anew,
Feeding the thirsty, quenching the few
Desiring the life, birth, it gives to you,
Little heart! It rushes through.

Ou Be Low hoo
Jock Nix Tumble Licks

Jock Nix Tumble Licks,
Green Flynn Moro Stim,
Apple Only Hello Sun,
By The Clock Five Force Done.

Ou Be Low hoo
Don't Demand Too Much

Slip through her,
Dive into you,
In the crystal clarity of what she never knew.

Unable to forsake,
Resisting the decoy,
Hold out your eyes to the river of your lies.

Disgusted by triviality,
A slave to it too,
Foaming forth and rambling about the letter of 'U'.

Troubled by your misfit,
Exasperated by a lack of grace,
Could you give/break/show me a little needed space?

In the middle of the jungle,
Ramble short and true,
Walking around in circles, destined to remain. And you?

PrinceofBlades
Don't Demand Too Much

Slip through her,
Dive into you,
In the crystal clarity of what she never knew.

Unable to forsake,
Resisting the decoy,
Hold out your eyes to the river of your lies.

Disgusted by triviality,
A slave to it too,
Foaming forth and rambling about the letter of 'U'.

Troubled by your misfit,
Exasperated by a lack of grace,
Could you give/break/show me a little needed space?

In the middle of the jungle,
Ramble short and true,
Walking around in circles, destined to remain. And you?

How about giving us all a break? Reading that ^ was like ingesting cardboard dipped in glue and sprinkled with tissue paper. Please try to be a little more original next time...Thanks.

I think this is all the response I need cool

Ou Be Low hoo
I think this is all the response I need cool

Your sarcasm is not of this world. Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.

charmedFairy
The Top Of The World

The Top Of The World; From my perch to you,
Seeing what I see, you just never knew...
Your ability being infintesimal...
Subtract me and you're left with decimals.
Insignificant amount, cast your thoughts, your brain's a drought.
Needing water - The blood of life...
Wanting, wishing, causing me strife?
Forget your feelings of insignificancy,
Flee from your worries, don't flee from me.
I'm here to help your little mind,
Beginning small, one day replacing mine?
If in doubt, ask again, repeat.
My knowledge is my gift to you, my treat...
Devour it, drink it, savour my soul,
If not...One day you'll be thinking, why weren't you so bold?
Old, cold, no love, no life...
Commiserating your misery with my thoughts of flight,
Intoxicated by the gist of my rambling lore,
Check once, twice, three times, four...
The doubt is cast, the shadow is met,
Every morning I rise, to show you? Not yet.

I enjoyed this one, its really greatly written.

PrinceofBlades
Your sarcasm is not of this world. Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.

You are no stranger to is either... unless you are confused. In which such a petite pathetic mind such as yourself would seem to get very often. It can explain the poorness and the atrocity of your poems...

Ou Be Low hoo
You are no stranger to is either... unless you are confused. In which such a petite pathetic mind such as yourself would seem to get very often. It can explain the poorness and the atrocity of your poems...

I'd love it if one day one of your teenage rebuttals actually made sense and had a linguistic content above that of a 12 year-old stuck in 'special' class... Then, I'd have something to play with...

charmedFairy, thank you for your comment. I feel like I could attribute it to all of my poems...They're great.

Coldfire
OBLH stop already, please.

Ou Be Low hoo
OBLH stop already, please.

How can I 'stop already' if I've already stopped? Please?

Coldfire
I'd love it if one day one of your teenage rebuttals actually made sense and had a linguistic content above that of a 12 year-old stuck in 'special' class... Then, I'd have something to play with...

You call that stopping???

Ou Be Low hoo
You call that stopping???

I call the final period at the end, 'stopped'. 'Stopping' cannot be used as a continous verb-tense. You either 'stop' or you have not. There is no 'stopping'.

Coldfire
I call the final period at the end, 'stopped'. 'Stopping' cannot be used as a continous verb-tense. You either 'stop' or you have not. There is no 'stopping'.

Ok ok ok fine! It has stopped. Now please keep it that way.

PrinceofBlades

charmedFairy, thank you for your comment. I feel like I could attribute it to all of my poems...They're great.

Please, only ignorant blind imps with absolutly no basis for the human THOUGHT let alone language would consider your poems anything higher than waste. Infact waste is a stretch, but becuase I can think of nothing better you got lucky. And trust me, special class would be considered an advance placement class considering where you are.

Ou Be Low hoo
Please, only ignorant blind imps with absolutly no basis for the human THOUGHT let alone language would consider your poems anything higher than waste. Infact waste is a stretch, but becuase I can think of nothing better you got lucky. And trust me, special class would be considered an advance placement class considering where you are.

Are you saying that you want to love me long time?

I'd love to dissect your slobbering posts, but unfortunately your grammar, spelling and sentence structure all show you to be unworthy of my courtship. Although, you do show a special talent at being able to rehash whatever I throw at you, then send it back in a more rudimentary manner...

DreamingWarrior
Please, only ignorant blind imps with absolutly no basis for the human THOUGHT let alone language would consider your poems anything higher than waste. Infact waste is a stretch, but becuase I can think of nothing better you got lucky. And trust me, special class would be considered an advance placement class considering where you are. hey P, this guy is a bescheissen bleurte kuh, but dont dive down to his level, ok? I dont want you moderated again.

PrinceofBlades
Are you saying that you want to love me long time?

I'd love to dissect your slobbering posts, but unfortunately your grammar, spelling and sentence structure all show you to be unworthy of my courtship. Although, you do show a special talent at being able to rehash whatever I throw at you, then send it back in a more rudimentary manner...

Wow, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't no half the words you said. Why don't you sing it to me. Perhaps your waste of a poem could save you from your appalling sense of grammar ingenuity.

PrinceofBlades
Originally posted by DreamingWarrior
hey P, this guy is a bescheissen bleurte kuh, but dont dive down to his level, ok? I dont want you moderated again.

He started it...

Coldfire
He started it...

Prince please don't keep it going cry I don't want you getting into trouble over him no

PrinceofBlades
*sigh* Fine. Ou Be Low Hoo, I'm ending this now. If you don't want to find yourself in a situation that isn't worth getting into, than I suggest you don't go peering near my thread. That is of course unless you have something nice to say, or some real constructive criticism. Not your form of poetic bashing. I of course will add to this suggestion with my compelte removal of this particular thread. I hope we wont be seeing each other soon...

Ou Be Low hoo
I posted this:

(Please pay special attention to the 'rehash' bit)

Then you post this:

!

Are you being facetiously ironic? I do hope so...

Oh, well...All's well that ends well, I guess:

*sigh* Fine. Ou Be Low Hoo, I'm ending this now. If you don't want to find yourself in a situation that isn't worth getting into, than I suggest you don't go peering near my thread. That is of course unless you have something nice to say, or some real constructive criticism. Not your form of poetic bashing. I of course will add to this suggestion with my compelte removal of this particular thread. I hope we wont be seeing each other soon...

Ahhh...Another satisfied customer!

Anyway, back to how excellent my poetry is...Coldfire, I do believe you have the floor. Also, DreamingWarrior, you are more than welcome to congratulate me...Please do begin!

Coldfire
I posted this:

(Please pay special attention to the 'rehash' bit)

Then you post this:

!

Are you being facetiously ironic? I do hope so...

Oh, well...All's well that ends well, I guess:

Ahhh...Another satisfied customer!

Anyway, back to how excellent my poetry is...Coldfire, I do believe you have the floor. Also, DreamingWarrior, you are more than welcome to congratulate me...Please do begin!

K its done now, no more said about it.

*sigh* post some more and I'll tell you what I think

Ou Be Low hoo
Frolicked Clothed, Your Lost Robe

Your slithers that cover tither
Are burning causeways down my nither
You begin to flow like a river
Will I drown to cease my shiver?

At the peak of my mounted summit
Do all fours flee and downward plummet
To the midst of your valley's strumpet
Blown, all gone, my flower trumpet!

Spent my time and my money,
Must run and leave you now, my honey
As we came, saw and made the bunny,
Bump my thing with your funny.

Good times I've had and more to follow...
So, you want me to begin again tomorrow?
In all good time, you can savour
The delicious nectar made from our labour.

Frolicked clothed, your lost robe
At the beat, my light strobes
Time to make leave the sunlight after,
Go before the dark gets darker.

Walk, now quick, fast, now slow
This way, that, which way to go?
As I turn and tumble after,
My mind flicks and remembers laughter...

Frolicked clothed, your lost robe.

Fëanor

Frolicked clothed, your lost robe. your innuendos abound here OU....that or i'm reading something else in this

something about this one gives me a very vivid visual about sex...

"Spent my time and my money,
Bump my thing with your funny."

...don't know why though

DreamingWarrior
He started it... hahahahahaaha!!!! oh Christ...... help us.......

DreamingWarrior
OLBH, the only way i shall congratulate you is if you and i meet at heaven's gate when the hammer falls.

Coldfire
hahahahahaaha!!!! oh Christ...... help us.......

DW please don't bring it up again! cry It's done, over with....

Ou Be Low hoo
OLBH, the only way i shall congratulate you is if you and i meet at heaven's gate when the hammer falls.

Sorry, dude. I ain't diggin' da vibe there...I'll be chillin' on the porch over-looking some nice waves down Nirvana way. My sandals are thonged, not Jesus-wronged...

Ou Be Low hoo

Coldfire
Yes, No.1...You are right to think that way. It's all about "making the beast with two backs"...

..... mmmhmmm.....

Ou Be Low hoo
..... mmmhmmm.....

It's more like "UUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh-huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS-YES-YES-YES-YES-YES-YES...and I'm spent" when I'm doing it to m'lady...

Coldfire
It's more like "UUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh-huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS-YES-YES-YES-YES-YES-YES...and I'm spent" when I'm doing it to m'lady...

blink OMG...... lmao..... nice one there OBLH stick out tongue

Ou Be Low hoo
I thought it was about time for a retrospective on my work, so here for your viewing pleasure once more is the immortal greatness that is...

Coldfire
blink Interesting....

Syren

Frolicked clothed, your lost robe.

Absolutely awesome... it's a real shame I can't actually say that to the man himself erm

Fëanor
Absolutely awesome... it's a real shame I can't actually say that to the man himself erm yes...his own arrogance finally got him in the end

not that he was ever that arrogant towards me

The G.O.A.T.
Absolutely awesome... it's a real shame I can't actually say that to the man himself erm

Sometimes the whispers that dwell in the corridors of the mountains find ways to float through the ether to the point of origin...

FeceMan
Your poetry is about as deep as the basin with which one pans for gold; your arrogance is astounding. Everything Prince of Blades has said is true: these...attempts at poetry are appalling. The amount of sense you do not make in your poems outweighs any of your 'pleasing words' or imagery. And, no, I am not a simpleton who cannot understand the words used, nor am I one who cannot appreciate the 'beauty' of these so-called 'works'.

I am one who speaks the truth. I tell you what an individual who reviews literature for a living would say.

The G.O.A.T.
Originally posted by FeceMan
Your poetry is about as deep as the basin with which one pans for gold; your arrogance is astounding. Everything Prince of Blades has said is true: these...attempts at poetry are appalling. The amount of sense you do not make in your poems outweighs any of your 'pleasing words' or imagery. And, no, I am not a simpleton who cannot understand the words used, nor am I one who cannot appreciate the 'beauty' of these so-called 'works'.

I am one who speaks the truth. I tell you what an individual who reviews literature for a living would say.

So...you're saying that you could catch gold with my poetry? Wow, thanks...I am precious. I'm pleased that you can appreciate the beauty of my master-works and I hope you can continue to be impressed by my astounding brilliance.

Here's one I made for you:

Little cat, Black
Sat on a mat,
She did a poo-poo
And this one's for you.

I hope the simplicity of it allows you to understand it a bit better.

DreamingWarrior
No what he said was you are a shallow, worthless piece of flotsam that washes up onto shore along with dead algae.

Syren
You lot are ridiculous. You're allowing your dislike for his arrogance to blind you to the talent he so obviously possesses. Try to be a little less sensitive, a little more mature and use some constructive criticism. Please roll eyes (sarcastic)

justjakk
You lot are ridiculous. You're allowing your dislike for his arrogance to blind you to the talent he so obviously possesses. Try to be a little less sensitive, a little more mature and use some constructive criticism. Please roll eyes (sarcastic)

i have to agree, however reluctantly. he seems to have some talent, eventhough he lacks the maturity to speak cordially in another artists thread. we needn't sink to his level. we are, afterall, adults. if i could write this good, i would speak even nicer than i allready am accustomed to. he, however, does not. but that does not mean we should think any less of his work. it is rather humorous the way he words things.

fancy a lymerick?

justjakk
I thought it was about time for a retrospective on my work, so here for your viewing pleasure once more is the immortal greatness that is...

i dont mean to offend, but this resembles work of one Dr Suess. it has a very bumpy flow that would make anyone turn an eyebrow with a most pleasing confusion. i like this alot. i for one would love to hear more. i am quite amazed at this. Bravo

justjakk
Originally posted by justjakk
i dont mean to offend, but this resembles work of one Dr Suess. it has a very bumpy flow that would make anyone turn an eyebrow with a most pleasing confusion. i like this alot. i for one would love to hear more. i am quite amazed at this. Bravo

translation: It makes me giggle. stick out tongue

DreamingWarrior
hahaha sorry, JJ busted me for that too...

SOME of Ou's work shows greatness, extreme to the likes of yes, Seuss, and others, but on the other side, some is just not my cup-o-tea. I wish (to an extent) that I could take back some words typed in anger, yet, I just can't get past the arrogance... It wasn't funny or cute, just foolish, and helped me to just as foolishly waste time bickering, so here. Ou, I AM sorry for some of the things I said. I should have been the bigger man and walked away. I do appreciate your unique outlook on life, and will in the future use this as a lesson for patience when dealing with people of your nature. Thank you for the lesson.

Yours, In Truth and Seriousness,
William Mauz.

Fëanor
i've always thought his works were unique in comparison to quite a few i've read...and yes it bordered close to insanity on a level that is without reason or should i say un-reason....his arrogance, well to some it did rub off likened to an abrasive wound salted and left to fester as the fly crawls about in search for buried treasure....

but to take his arrogance for arrogance is like giving attention to a child throwing a tantrum....if ignored, the power is lost which i found humourous in that it caused quite a few many to react.....to which i must tip my hat off to him for it, and to add ad infinitum.....lawdy miss geordie, i do miss his babbling gibberish

DreamingWarrior
hahaha .... funny smile

Syren
clapping Awesome guys, I knew we could rise above him.. uh, I mean it whistle

Fëanor
clapping Awesome guys, I knew we could rise above him.. uh, I mean it whistle laughing

DreamingWarrior
hahaha

Coldfire
clapping Awesome guys, I knew we could rise above him.. uh, I mean it whistle
laughing

Syren
Hey, making me out to be the bad guy big grin

justjakk
you;re not a bad guy sy??????? j/k

Syren
Maybe I am naughty Or not, just a badass female big grin

Fëanor
so is he leik banned for life or just this century?

Coldfire

Fëanor
yeah, funny that....not smart, but funny

Coldfire

Fëanor
interesting to say the least
the mind wanders as the eye feast
a fool and his money a contradiction
but never was there any friction
of him and i or so methinks
but to toast the man of wile and wit
and yet to the lot of us, he seemed like sh*t
oh well, O U...whither thou go...est
sincerely i say i favoured your jest
gone gone forever gone like the green green cow with enlarged udder
but know you this...in truth and in thought
of words we painted, we are, were and hand been brothers...

l8ter dayz m8....stick out tongue

Syren
laughing out loud That's a pretty good effort wink

Fëanor
laughing out loud That's a pretty good effort wink *shrugs* i do try m'lady big grin

Coldfire

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Syren
roll eyes (sarcastic) It's like seeing double crazy

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>