Brandon Routh As Superman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Here he is, the first image of Brandon as Superman.

http://tinypic.com/4ki8og

TheFilmProphet
Look what the Prophet found before any web site! evil face smokin'

http://tinypic.com/4kimv7

SUPER Hi-Res version HERE

gls
i dont really like the costume...

Mainstream
me neither.

gls
i donno how to explain why i dont like it i jus ...don't.
i mean he looks cute in it but not a studly man cute...more of a ...kid trying to be a superhero cute.

i mean i know they wanted to go kind of classic, but i've never really liked super mans outfit. maybe when i was 10 i did. maybe not.
they should of done one of his other costumes...

Abbita
There is a full page spread on it today in The Sun newspaper next to Reeve's old costume, i think this costume is awful, the costume looks like its made out of some kind of tweed or something in the close up in the paper. The material has holes in it and the \S/ on his chest looks like its been glued on and is about to fall off erm

Mr Parker
I also dont care for the costume and I hate the choice of Brandon Routh as Supes.He does not have the look of supes at all.I think I will skip this movie.

MysterioxX619Xx
I dunno...too vintage for my liking...the S looks to small too. But Brandon Routh id pretty buff, didn't realise he was built like that, unless its some padding under the spandex.

SnakeEyes
Man, I thought they were gonna try to make the costume more modern like the ones in the X-Men movies...

Draco69
I know. God Help Us. Warner Bros has don it again. First the Catwoman outfit now this.

I think Brandon Routh certainly looks the part. However I don't know how well he can act.

LLG
I also don't really like the costume. It doesn't look right, but I will still see the movie.

TheFilmProphet
http://tinypic.com/4llhdhhttp://tinypic.com/4kimv7

Brandon is perfectly fine with me, but that costume they are making him wear is the problem. This falls back on Bryan Singer since he must approve the costume design and the final product before it hits Brandon's hands.

LLG> same here,

K3VIL
The costume is orrible.
Superman Returns?
Yes, but he need a new outfit, not totally different, but with some changes, maybe a black and red costume, or blue with some black and red sections, but that costume is lame.
This is a good costume.
http://hallofheroes.free.fr/Images/UltimateDC/superman.jpg
Also Brandon Routh doesn't seems to be Superman, he's not musculary builted in the right way.
http://www.comicboards.com/interviews/jurgens-supermanvsthor.jpg
Look at the guy on the left, that's how Supes should look like.

Abbita
I dont think this costume does him justice as it doesnt really show any muscle tone, his legs look kind of flabby and his chest has no muscle defenition to it whatsoever.

TheFilmProphet
My thoughts exactly,

##FreeFaLL##
his costume is fantastic...if it is going to be ama comedy smile

wuTa
my pajami's i wore when i was 3 yrs old looked more like supermans oufit than that thing Routh is wearing, and i had spider-man pajamis

rubber dickie
the red in the new costume is a helluva lot darker than reeves'. it almost looks maroon. the underwear in the new costume is sitting to low in routh's waist. the "s" in his belt is redundant. the "s" on his chest looks cheaply done and it's not big enough for my taste. the "leather" cape is bugging me too. the blue part of rouths costume looks too latexy. it looks as if the costume will start shining when it gets wet.

but who can really tell if it works or not, unless we see the film.

Draco69
Is it me or does the underwear look more like a speedo?

Mr Parker
Okay after looking at new photos with him next to reeve and also as Clark Kent I got to admit I was wrong,he defenetely looks the part.Just dont know anything about him as an actor and I dont change my mind at all though about the costume.What the hell were they thinking.I for sure will skip this movie.I have the same thoughts about a superman movie being made like I did with The Hulk. I did not want a Hulk movie to be made because Bill Bixby is the one and only trye Banner.There is not other.same with Chris Reeve.He is the one and only Superman.There is no other and from what they have done with this costume,I dont see this movie being at all a magial movie like the original superman was.

Arsenal
Here are my complaints about it:
1. He looks to young to play the part. People are supposed to look up to him like a higher being or something. People won't put their faith in a twenty-something kid.
2. The shield isn't big enough. Plus it isn't supposed to look like a lump of plastic.
3. I don't like the maroon color.
4. His legs look too stumpy.
5. His underwear is too small.
6. The shield on the belt buckle is a little much.

LousyBoy
Umm... why are people complaining about the costume??? "OMG! It sucks! Supermans costume is Blue yellow and red.. this is.... i dunno.. im stupid and i think this costume looks stupid, not like the comic AT ALL!" SHUT UP! what were you expecting.. freakin crazy space outfits with a lil sliver that looks like an "S". When i think Superman, everything that i see is right there in that costume. You people here really annoy me.

Arsenal
None of these complaints will take away from the movie if it's good enough methinks.

GalacticStorm
OMFG that costume SUCKS

word's cannot describe how awful that costume is arsenal got it right on every count. They have casted wrong and that costume is an offence they need to sort it our before that movie hits the big screen

cuz from what i have seen already and i soo hope i am wrong then this movie is gonna be sh8t

DirectorFitz
Well, that's your opinion...
Personally, I think the movie is going to be great

TheFilmProphet
Changing the color of the cape was definitely a wrong move in my opinion. They should have kept the same red color that was on the cape of Reeve's costume. Part of the reason why people spot him so easily flying across the sky is because of the red cape and boots.

Instead of people saying "Look! its a bird, its a plane, no its Superman!"

They will all be saying "Look! I think I see Superman, but I'm not sure."

wuTa
no...i think they will be saying...."hey!!!.....what the f8Ck did they do to superman?!?!.....he's dressed like a complete assh*le"

pr1983
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Changing the color of the cape was definitely a wrong move in my opinion. They should have kept the same red color that was on the cape of Reeve's costume. Part of the reason why people spot him so easily flying across the sky is because of the red cape and boots.

Instead of people saying "Look! its a bird, its a plane, no its Superman!"

They will all be saying "Look! I think I see Superman, but I'm not sure."

laughing

TheFilmProphet
http://tinypic.com/4qip1v

K3VIL
Change the man in the costume, Routh is not Superman, with that facial look he it seems he's thinking:
This pose is quite lame, but hey they pay me it's all ok

Mr Parker
I agree with Arsenal that he looks to young to play the role.Thats my major complaint that I just wont be able to get past.The costume I can get past but not the extremely young look that Rough has.Again,just like Bill Bixby is the one and only true banner and there is no other,Chris Reeve is the one and only true Superman and there is no other so if I ever see it,it will be when it is at the library when I can rent it for free.

DirectorFitz
does anyone know where i can get some free software to manip pics like the one above??

TheFilmProphet
Right here, http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=39

Arcane
it looks like his body is made out of play-doh

ayjay

omg...TFP..ur a legend for dat pic..thats EXACTLY what i wanted!...a bigger collar and bigger sign, and darker bluee...see how much better he looks!

Arcane
Originally posted by ayjay
see how much better he looks!

get a new actor and he would look even better

Mainstream
heh heh.

LousyBoy
Why the hell do you guys even post in a Comic book movie section if your not even comic book movie fans when you say EVERY movie sucks? Get out of here and talk about comics... not movies... wtf are you people stupid?

DirectorFitz
Right here, http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=39

i meant FREE software

DirectorFitz
nevermind, sorry

ayjay
Originally posted by LousyBoy
Why the hell do you guys even post in a Comic book movie section if your not even comic book movie fans when you say EVERY movie sucks? Get out of here and talk about comics... not movies... wtf are you people stupid?

*ahem.....i am quite the comic book movie fan...i don't say EVERY movie sux...i give opinions when i see something that has been done well, and done not so well....but if you're gonna lash out at ppl who post their opinions on a DISCUSSION thread, then i think ur out of line...i dont see anythig wrong with ppl having a critic on upcomming movies....if all anyone talked about was how great something was...and there was no contradictory arguments or opinions, this place would be boring....

TheFilmProphet
Exactly ayjay, very well said.

Originally posted by DirectorFitz
nevermind, sorry

Its cool, no prob.

Originally posted by ayjay
omg...TFP..ur a legend for dat pic..thats EXACTLY what i wanted!...a bigger collar and bigger sign, and darker bluee...see how much better he looks!

Thank you very much, happy

I didn't think I would get this much thanks and also I feel the exact same way about the changes in the Superman Returns costume.

DirectorFitz
Well, there's no sense in complaining about the costume now...it's not like Bryan Singer is gonna read Killer Movies forums, or any forums for that matter and decide to change it. I say we should let it go...

LousyBoy
Yeah, we should. Freakin superficial people always worried about "Le Looke" of your precious superheros. "I think Routh LOOKS too young." "I dont like the way the costume LOOKS." All jumpin to conclusions based on pictures. Well, since i like having fun im gonna see this movie when it comes out.... so take that!

pr1983
Yeah, we should. Freakin superficial people always worried about "Le Looke" of your precious superheros. "I think Routh LOOKS too young." "I dont like the way the costume LOOKS." All jumpin to conclusions based on pictures. Well, since i like having fun im gonna see this movie when it comes out.... so take that!

simple, as fans we are entitled to complain if we don't like what we see... why? we buy the dvd, the merchandise, we spend money in overpriced cinema's to see our heros come to life...

if its not done right we can say so... simple as that...

TheFilmProphet
I could not have said it better myself, thumb up

DirectorFitz
it's still not gonna make Singer change the costume, or the actor. Even if you guys were to boycott it, and not see it, there would still be alot of curious people who haven't had a remote idea who or what Superman is. They would still see it. I'm a Superman comic/film fan myself, I'm satisfied with what he's doing right now. That's my opinion. And even if it's a bad movie, seeing the costume before hand isn't spoiling it for me. Take Batman & Robin for example: seeing those horrid bat-nipples disturbed me, but I saw the movie anyway. And seeing the bad writing/acting, etc. actually gave me proof it was bad. Lesson learned, you don't have solid proof the movie will suck until you see it. My take on SR, I am expecting it to be great.

TheFilmProphet
We know we can't change it obviously.......we are only stating our respective opinions, views, and discussing them. Isn't that what a message board is for?

DirectorFitz
yes, yes...

ayjay
then wat are you ppl complaining about?....if anyone needs to get over anything its you ppl.....we not hatin....we observing...and discussing the observations.....and i observe that i am not a big fan of the costume ^__^

lourock
this is what the costume should look like..i adjusted it

DirectorFitz
nice color transition...but the S is a bit warped

TheFilmProphet
The best idea thus far is still this one in my opinion.

DirectorFitz
too late now

alexanderluthor
i think that the costume could be only a red and blue thong and still look good if they picked the right guy...... man, i've seen many pictures of this guy dressed as clark kent and even if ya'll say he looks a lot like christopher reeve, he doesn't. but now that i see him dressed as superman i am totally convinced that he is not superman, his face is...... dean look much better than this guy. sad

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by alexanderluthor
i think that the costume could be only a red and blue thong...

huh laughing

gls
yes i think that dean did make a better superman. brandon's look just isn't very..man of steel. more like a cute kid in underwear

Zod4Life
Brandon Routh looks great as Superman but I think that he needs to bulk up just a teency weency more.I hope that they also have the black and silver costume for his journey to New Krypton.With the technology we have now,we can basically make anything.I love the new Brandon Routh costume and I hope that they keep it.

ayjay
i agree with TFP on the costume...that pics is by far the best one....but alas...we'll never see it...

i agree that he needs to bulk up....

CaptainAmerica
Routh is a HORRIBLE Superman!!!! He looks like a bad Fred Meyer model in a box Halloween costume. He's wrong on soooo many levels. It's not too late, cast Tom Welling. Reeve passed the torch to him in Smallville.

pr1983
Originally posted by CaptainAmerica
Routh is a HORRIBLE Superman!!!! He looks like a bad Fred Meyer model in a box Halloween costume. He's wrong on soooo many levels. It's not too late, cast Tom Welling. Reeve passed the torch to him in Smallville.

reeve did not... he just made a couple of guest appearences...

CaptainAmerica
Reeve said in an interview that he thought Tom made a good Superman.
And he does. He's more in shape then Routh, tougher/ better looking than Routh, taller, cooler, looks more like Superman. Routh sucks.

pr1983
im not impressed with routh... but he looks older than welling, welling is too boyish imo...

CaptainAmerica
Welling is 2 years older than Routh. Superman is supposed to have a strong jaw line like Welling. Routh just looks like a fruit. I'm not totally sold on Tom. If I had a list of no name actors, who knows who I'd pick. But, one things for sure, Routh would be on the bottom. It really sucks that they screwed up Superman after all these years. And why make it a sequel? Why not just start over? The whole thing is dissapointing.

pr1983
Welling is 2 years older than Routh. Superman is supposed to have a strong jaw line like Welling. Routh just looks like a fruit. I'm not totally sold on Tom. If I had a list of no name actors, who knows who I'd pick. But, one things for sure, Routh would be on the bottom. It really sucks that they screwed up Superman after all these years. And why make it a sequel? Why not just start over? The whole thing is dissapointing.

he doesnt look older... he plays a teen on tv, he looks like a teen... he needs to look older, a bit more... gruff... more masculine...

that said routh is nothing special himself...

and anyway, bryan singer is onboard... he already f*cked up x-men, who knows what he'll do to superman...

alexanderluthor
Originally posted by pr1983
he doesnt look older... he plays a teen on tv, he looks like a teen... he needs to look older, a bit more... gruff... more masculine...

and anyway, bryan singer is onboard... he already f*cked up x-men, who knows what he'll do to superman...

he's gonna do the same

Mainstream
god help us.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by pr1983

Thats exactly why Welling isn't playing Superman in Superman Returns.

As for Routh, its hard to believve that Bryan searched nearly half way around the world for his Superman and finally settled on him.

He is going to make X-Men look like a masterpiece compared to what he is going to do with Superman.

CaptainAmerica
It's refreshing to see that you guys think that the movie will suck too. Most people just accept things. I'd have rather seen Tim Burton's Superman. Why can't they pull the plug on this one?

Wickerman
The initial costume looks pretty bad indeed. However, we can't judge what the entire movie is gonna be like solely on the way the costume looks. I'm gonna watch this movie because i'm curious what Synger's gonna do with this one. As for Routh being too young, lemme remind you that Reeve's first Superman movie was done when he was 26 years old. So much for people not putting their faith in a 20-something year old lookin person.
Routh is gonna be 26 when the movie is done as well. There goes the age factor slowly down the drain so you can kiss that goodbye. What you COULD say is that even though the age is proper, his visage isn't mature enough for someone his age, OR that he doesn't look at 26 as old as Reeve did when HE was 26. But simply saying "He's too young" won't cut it.

~wickerman~

CaptainAmerica
I don't care if Routh was 36. He still looks like a fruit. He's the reason I'm not going to watch the movie.

TheFilmProphet
laughing

Originally posted by Wickerman
The initial costume looks pretty bad indeed. However, we can't judge what the entire movie is gonna be like solely on the way the costume looks.

We aren't judging the whole film based solely on his horrible costume there are many other contributing factors as well such as the story, director, other cast members, and more.

Zod4Life
Routh looks okay as Supey and Clark but you guys are saying he isn't a good actor based on his look.You need to see him as Superman and Clark Kent before you judge.Sure Tom would have been a better Clark Kent and Superman for the movie but that's life.He's going to be Superman in season 5 so there's no need to be mad because he isn't in the new Superman movie. smokin' cool big grin

pr1983
tom is nowhere near good enough to be superman... superboy maybe...

Zod4Life
He looks okay and there's absolutely nothing wrong with the costume.He looks almost like a clone of Chris Reeve.I'm sure Brandon will do an amazing job taking up the mantle as Superman and Clark Kent.I hope that they show the black and silver costume for his journey to New Krypton.If Zod is in the new movie I wonder will he have the same costume or a new one?

Zod4Life
I do think that the boots could be just a tad bigger.

alexanderluthor
Originally posted by Zod4Life
Routh looks okay as Supey and Clark but you guys are saying he isn't a good actor based on his look.You need to see him as Superman and Clark Kent before you judge.Sure Tom would have been a better Clark Kent and Superman for the movie but that's life.He's going to be Superman in season 5 so there's no need to be mad because he isn't in the new Superman movie. smokin' cool big grin

robert de niro is imo the best actor in the world..... but we don't need good or known actors..... we need superman to play the roll. smokin'

Zod4Life
Robert de Nero or whatever his stupid name is is not the best actor in the world.He kinda sucks if you ask me and he'd never be a good Superman.Tom being SuperBoy isn't diffrent from being Superman so you really have no point nor is your statement any good.

Zod4Life
Welling 4 Supes!!

CaptainAmerica
I second that.
I think it's a discredit to Reeve to have this fruit Routh try and immitate his character. They should have restarted the franchise w/ a new version of Superman.

TheFilmProphet
They should have restarted the franchise w/ a new version of Superman.

I agree, perhaps in the steps of Batman Begins although I would not have had Bryan Singer directing a film like the one suggested.

Wickerman
I agree, perhaps in the steps of Batman Begins although I would not have had Bryan Singer directing a film like the one suggested.

wouldn't doing that mean stepping on the already existing supes movies? Maybe something like Pre-Krypton destruction?

~wickerman~

alexanderluthor
Originally posted by Zod4Life
Robert de Nero or whatever his stupid name is is not the best actor in the world.He kinda sucks if you ask me and he'd never be a good Superman.Tom being SuperBoy isn't diffrent from being Superman so you really have no point nor is your statement any good.

did you even understand what i meant?????

i said we don't need the best actor in the world(in my opinion that's Robert De Niro) for the movie, what we need is someone eho looks a lot like christopher reeve(imo the only and real superman) What the f**k?

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Wickerman
wouldn't doing that mean stepping on the already existing supes movies? Maybe something like Pre-Krypton destruction?

~wickerman~

Actually it would be better than what they are doing now which is making a sequel to the previous classic films which if bombs will do worse to those films than what you are saying.

Jedi Shmedi
I guarantee 99.9 percent of you people saying Routh is a fruit and saying he shouldn't be Superman have never seen him actually acting before, he's an "unknown" , like Christian Bale, except for all I care Bale can play every role on the planet because he's an amazing actor. But, if they hadn't cast Welling or Routh, who the hell do you people want to play Supes? Routh looks great (although I will agree he could be a bit more built) why are all of you basing your opinions on Routh becasue of one shot of him in the costume? Oh sure, when you see him dressed like Kent you think he's the perfect guy for the role but the minute you see him as Superman you hate him. I don't get it. Hey, I'm going to see this partly because Singer confirmed they will be using the John Williams music from the original films, seeing Supes fly to that theme song will be easily worth the price of admission, for me at least. I say, wait for the movie, or hey, maybe even a trailer or something before you rip this movie apart, I'm waiting for the movie before I judge it, but hey, you do what you want, I don't like it when people judge a book by it's cover. Life goes on, get over it.

CaptainAmerica
Routh looks like that dork Jason Schwartzman from the movie Rushmore:

http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/jason_schwartzman_rushmore_002.html

Christian Bale is an unknown?? Uhhh American Psycho?

Jedi Shmedi
I didn't mean unknown as in no one knows who he is AT ALL, I meant he isn't some-what of a house-hold name and hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves after movies like American Psycho, The Machinist and Equilibrium, all amazing films that SHOULD have made Bale a world-wide phenomenon, but didn't, it's sad really. When I told my friends (all comic nerds like myself wink ) that Bale was going to be the next Batman, they asked "Who?" and I had to give them the whole "Are you freaking serious?!" speech. Anyways, I in no way meant Bale is an unknown in the sense that he doesn't have a huge fan-base (the man has the freaking largest cult-following I've ever seen) I just meant he isn't really known in the general public.

TheFilmProphet
http://tinypic.com/52zb0z

CaptainAmerica
Whoa! That's a fruity pic ya got there. Have you seen this? It's Routh as Clark Kent:

(you may need to scroll down)

alexanderluthor
Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi
I guarantee 99.9 percent of you people saying Routh is a fruit and saying he shouldn't be Superman have never seen him actually acting before, he's an "unknown" , like Christian Bale, except for all I care Bale can play every role on the planet because he's an amazing actor. But, if they hadn't cast Welling or Routh, who the hell do you people want to play Supes? Routh looks great (although I will agree he could be a bit more built) why are all of you basing your opinions on Routh becasue of one shot of him in the costume? Oh sure, when you see him dressed like Kent you think he's the perfect guy for the role but the minute you see him as Superman you hate him. I don't get it. Hey, I'm going to see this partly because Singer confirmed they will be using the John Williams music from the original films, seeing Supes fly to that theme song will be easily worth the price of admission, for me at least. I say, wait for the movie, or hey, maybe even a trailer or something before you rip this movie apart, I'm waiting for the movie before I judge it, but hey, you do what you want, I don't like it when people judge a book by it's cover. Life goes on, get over it.

we don't just dislike the picture of routh dressed as superman, we don't like many things about this whole movie, like the cast, director, and we don't care if the actor who plays superman/kent is a good actor, we want someone that in the moment you see him makes you think, man! it's gonna be wonderful to see him saving people, not just the fancy tricks of sfx, just standing is enough, like when we all saw mr. Reeve. sad

Wickerman
Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi
I didn't mean unknown as in no one knows who he is AT ALL, I meant he isn't some-what of a house-hold name and hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves after movies like American Psycho, The Machinist and Equilibrium, all amazing films that SHOULD have made Bale a world-wide phenomenon, but didn't, it's sad really. When I told my friends (all comic nerds like myself wink ) that Bale was going to be the next Batman, they asked "Who?" and I had to give them the whole "Are you freaking serious?!" speech. Anyways, I in no way meant Bale is an unknown in the sense that he doesn't have a huge fan-base (the man has the freaking largest cult-following I've ever seen) I just meant he isn't really known in the general public.

Those 3 movies were ALL low budget. American Psycho was known, although people forgot bout it quickly, and Equilibrium would've become Huge if it hadn't been released at the same time as the Matrix. Not to mention the budget for Equilibrium was crap.

~wickerman~

TheFilmProphet
Whoa! That's a fruity pic ya got there. Have you seen this? It's Routh as Clark Kent:

(you may need to scroll down)

You seem to have a few sight problems. That is not Brandon Routh in that link and picture, its a photo of Jason Schwartzman in Rushmore. wink

CaptainAmerica
Oh wow, really. Routh looks so much like that dork I must have made a mistake.

Whisper
Why are people complaining about the suit? One of the reasons Spider-man worked so well was because they kept the suit as traditional and as identical to the comic as possible. This superman suit is nice and traditional and even better than the comic because the darker shades make it slightly more "subtle" than the extremely bright red and blue and people should wait at least until they see a trailer before they start venting.

pr1983
Originally posted by Whisper
Why are people complaining about the suit? One of the reasons Spider-man worked so well was because they kept the suit as traditional and as identical to the comic as possible. This superman suit is nice and traditional and even better than the comic because the darker shades make it slightly more "subtle" than the extremely bright red and blue and people should wait at least until they see a trailer before they start venting.

the suit in the comic looks far better...

alexanderluthor
i just watched superman II and the old suit was very simple..... but it was wonderful, the "S" was so big covering all the chest, it's just magical. nothing like the new one no

Mainstream
agreed the new one sucks

BB_hawk
From what I have seen, and hear from it, and what I think about it. The filming look good the costume could be better and the cast could be better but all that I can deal with but if the story and action is not good that is were we got problms. But what I fear most of all is if Lois Lane HAS A CHILD IN THE MOVE THAT WOULD BE BAD WRITING! But I am going to see it but if it is not good WBros. would fix the sequel that couldn't but be good.

The Last Son

This is definately a better costume than the one on the right. If anyone has Brian Singer's email, send him this pic. (left)

K3VIL
This is Superman Returns.At last they should choose a not so young actor, making Supes looking quite similar to the Kingdom Come version, but not so old.
Superman returns cause the quest against evil is not ended, and cause he's necessary.But Rough is crap.
His hairstyle, color, and body aren't "Superman".
They should remove him from the cast before ruining more a great occasion to rejuvenate the Superman franchise.
Brandon Routh as Superman.
Bleah
This is Superman
http://www.paninicomics.de/artbilder/SupermanSONDERBAND2Neubeginn_397.png http://www.goldenlands.com/wb/warnbros/dcimages-cels/full_size/jim%20lee%20Superman.jpg

Zod4Life
Has there been any news on New Krypton?

The Last Son
I think Routh looks good as the Man of Steel. This new pic sold it for me.

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by The Last Son
This is definately a better costume than the one on the right. If anyone has Brian Singer's email, send him this pic. (left)

Holy! the photoshoped larger S logo looks way better.

Red Superfly
Routh looks OK but I hate the costume. Hate it. It looks so crap.

1) The Neckline: His cape should regally flow over his shoulders. Also - isn't Clark supposed to hide this thing under his clothes? May I ask how? He's gonna have to wear shirts with the button done up for the rest of his life sad

2) The Cape: It should be made from a flowing material for a start. It should come over the shoulders and have a distinguished presense to it. It looks like a table cloth tucked into his top. Crap.

3) The blue: It just looks wrong. Bad colour psychology. It's too rich a blue, and Superman's distinguishing colour is red, but here the primary eye catching colour is this odd blue. Wrong.

4) The red: This is awful. He's supposed to stand out against his backgrounds. The red is supposed to be bright and vibrant. This maroon colour looks awful and makes him look "dark". This ain't Superman.

5) The fabric: Is that leather? Since when does Superman use material made from animal skin? It also looks too heavy. His cape should be cloth.

6) The boots: He doesn't need robust boots, he's invulnerable. Lame.

7) The "S". First of all, it's too small. I have no problem with them using the original logo, but make it bigger. Also, the fact it's a chestplate also makes the costume less functional - like with the neckline. It'll stick out through clothes. Stupid.

8) The belt. Why on Earth is he wearring Batmans utility belt? The shade of gold is fine, but the fact he has two "S" on his front takes the impact further away from the diminished chestplate. Dumb.

9) The Speedos. Those are womens briefs. Too low, too dark. Crap suit.

Zod4Life
I love the new supersuit.And I can't wait to see ''Superman Returns''!!!

Red Superfly
Why? What is there about the suit that you like? Almost every aspect of it is inferioir.

The only redeeming quality is that the cape is longer than Reeves version, apart from that, the suit is crud.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Harvey Dent
Holy! the photoshoped larger S logo looks way better.

A shame, when a simple person running photoshop can make a better design than Hollywood.

Originally posted by The Last Son
This is definately a better costume than the one on the right.

I couldn't agree more, unfortunately we won't be seeing that one on the silver screen anytime soon.

alexanderluthor
like i said before, a red-blue thong would look great if routh was not the guy playing supermancursing

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by alexanderluthor
like i said before, a red-blue thong would look great if routh was not the guy playing supermancursing

I don't think I want to see either actor (or any) wearing a thong. wink

Mainstream
I don't think I want to see either actor (or any) wearing a thong. wink

unless it's Lois that is

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Mainstream
unless it's Lois that is

That would be an actress, those I don't mind seeing. smile

Hegemon875
is it just me or are his legs strangely short looking?

Jedi Shmedi
First of all, for all of you saying Routh's legs are stubby looking, any fool can tell they shortened the picture. Second, the footage of SR that was shown at Comic-Con got a standing ovation, they even showed it twice because the audience really wanted to see it again. It was said that Bosworth and Routh look perfect together. I have very high hopes for this movie, not basing an oppinion on Routh because I've never seen him act (like the 99.7% of everyone else here). And has anyone here been watching the "Bryan's Blogs" on Bluetights.net? it shows how much care they are putting into the production of SR. Also, Routh looks too young for the part? Reeve was 24 in Superman, and imo
Routh looks nowhere near like he'd be too young, that pic of him standing in the classic supe pose was a horrible angle, the other one shows off his rather large jaw-line. Routh looks perfect, is he the perfect chioce? No one here can say a sure-fire answer to that question until the movie is released, and if you think you can, you're wrong.
Oh, and you think the changes in the costume may have something to do with the fact he's been gone for 6 years? I'd like to think so.
Yay for Superman Returns. smile

TheFilmProphet
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/superman-returns/Superman04.jpg

SOURCE

TheFilmProphet
Any thoughts?

TheFilmProphet
manip

http://image-hosting.olnevhost.net/images/4970-Art18455.jpg

Red Superfly
I have no problem with Routh as Superman, but the costume doesn't look right, as I have stated before.

joe_movieman
After seeing that costume, I just wanna cry...it's so ugly! Is this a B-movie or something?

Dejio
When I heard Bryan Singer was going to direct the movie, I immediately knew he was going to screw the costumes (if not the whole movie).
If you guys ever seen the making of X-Men when Ian McKellan first wore the Magneto mask, Ian immediately knew Magneto's helmet was all wrong...oh but not Bryan who has absolutely no clue how costumes should look cool in the movies.

Grammaton
From what I have heard about the story of Superman Returns I really think it would have been better to restart the franchise totally. Brandon is ok (I personally prefer Welling) however the story (and acting) needs to be spot on to make this a good film.

Aire
You're right...that is quite an ugly costume. I guess Bryan is trying for the new and improved version and it's going to be a joke. And his speedo is gross. Happy Dance

alexanderluthor
he he he i was surfing this thread with a friend of mine, and when he saw for the very first time, the paint of Routh as superman he told me, why did they draw superman with a face of a wetback(we're mexican so, no offense) or redneck, whatever you guys choose, so... they really blow it with this guy.blowup

alexanderluthor
hi, this is for all those guys who really are superman fans, i know it's hard, like watching two water drops

alexanderluthor
sorry, not good with the computers

Aire
Yeah, I really don't know where they find all these talentless people. What's even worse than Routh as Superman is Bosworth as Lois Lane. Are they trying to give Superman the worst possible death here???

alexanderluthor
sorry up here.... what i meant to say is.... for all those who really are superman fans here you go, find the 10 differences between this two water drops, he he he.

Batman Returns
ewwwww...................anyways, this guy brandon ruth DOES look gay. he just doesnt EMBODY superman like reeves did, and his face looks like clark kent ALL THE TIME. what a dork. an why the leather cape? did he get the idea from batman?? wtf? and the S IS too small, and the Son the belt????????? can you say "S&M supes"??? and that "dark red" look is stupid, why didnt they just use bright red!!!rolleyes: damnit, sometimes you just gotta stick wih the old formula and everything will be A ok!!

LousyBoy
Okay, lemme see if i got this right. His suit is Blue, Red and he has a cape and a the Superman S? Thats all i need to be led to believe its Superman. I dont care... what SHADE his blue is.. or how DARK his Red is... or HOW BIG his S is. Anyone can do that! But only Superman can do the things Superman does and seeing that is worht more than just the way a guy looks.
Only metrosexuals would complain so much about how a man looks..

All this means is that your gonna be left in the dust when the Superman Returns express comes rolling in next summer regardless how "Blue n Red (and big S)" the movie is. Meh.. your loss.

Jedi Shmedi
Okay, lemme see if i got this right. His suit is Blue, Red and he has a cape and a the Superman S? Thats all i need to be led to believe its Superman. I dont care... what SHADE his blue is.. or how DARK his Red is... or HOW BIG his S is. Anyone can do that! But only Superman can do the things Superman does and seeing that is worht more than just the way a guy looks.

All this means is that your gonna be left in the dust when the Superman Returns express comes rolling in next summer regardless how "Blue n Red (and big S)" the movie is. Meh.. your loss.

/sign

Batman Returns

trust me man, im not the only one who feels this way about the suit. ALOT of ppl hate it, and no, they are not metrosexuals, lol (that kinda made me laugh abit). just go to the SSH boards. almost everyone thinks the suit sucks, and that routh is a miscast, but hey! maybe routh will pull a michael keaton a totally blow us away despite the critisism!

im not a superman fan, but if his SR is good, then more power to DC comics. i hate marvel comics, grrr. smokin'

alexanderluthor

Batman Returns

Batman Returns
Oh wow, really. Routh looks so much like that dork I must have made a mistake.

LMFAO!!!! omg, i had to laugh out loud at that pic of that dork from rushmore, it DOES look like routh!!!! what a good comparison!!

gah, what did they do to you superman? sad

Mindship
I agree with random task on everything that seems wrong with routh's costume (plus routh himself seems a bit too young). C-Reeves' version was much better; even G-Reeves' was better. I also agree with k3vil on what would be a much better costume overall. It actually looks more like a uniform, which might bypass nicely the big problem with bringing superheroes to live action: the costumes may work in comics, but swimming-trunks-over-tights just looks plain silly in real life.

LousyBoy
whew... u guys let your emotions for Superman get the best of ya. Well, i may be setting myself apart from the rest but... to pass on a movie based of the props would be all to wierd for me.

alexanderluthor
I wanted to ask you all guys.... i've been surfing the net and i've seen how many guys from different countries, think of Christopher reeve as a real hero, like if superman came true, like he really could fly, save people, i loved him very much, but i was 4-5 years when my father took me to the movies and seeing him fly is one of the first memories i have in my life, but why all this people see chsristopher reeve like if he was Superman?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.