Best Star Wars Soundtrack?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aj_vader
Now most of us have heard the new star wars soundtrack (ROTS), what is your favourite soundtrack from the 6 movies?

im not keen in revenge, but i think ill wait to hear the rest of the score when i see the movie

my favourite has to be ESB :P

Mist
i havent heard the soundtracks to all the movies in complete form...i have only heard one track from rots anyway....but i like rotj....awesome tracks on that one.

tlbauerle
I think my 2 disc compilation - STAR WARS : Symphony for a Saga - is the best!

aj_vader
wots that STAR WARS : Symphony for a Saga ???

LandoSpeeder2
He made his own mix of the star wars songs, I think I agree with him too, it's awesome.

aj_vader
can u post this mix u made plz id love to hear it

LandoSpeeder2
I'll pm it to you, got to upload it first. and I inly have the first disk.

Darth_Vader05
Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith is no doubt my favorite soundtrack.

HAROLD
Definitely ESB

darthmaul1
ESB, ROTS, ANH, ATOC, ROTJ, TPM

ROTJ and TPM are a tie actually

go_get_it
im thinking TPM has the best soundtrack..duel of the fates owns

tlbauerle
I a sick and tired of Duel of the Fates...

Its actually a bit annoying.

DeVi| D0do
hey tlb, did you finish that Symphony, I only have the PT... did I miss the OT?

kiadimundijedi
TPM is without a doubt the Best

DeVi| D0do
I think my favourite is ESB... though it is a bit repetitive...

tlbauerle
The OT is almost done.

umraan
rots is my favorite

J-Unit
Imperial Will Always Be The One Soundtrack That Rules The Other Ones... But So Far The Battle Of The Heroes Kicks Duel Of The Fates Butt

Knowone
i like ROTJ and ROTS both where very good OST

umraan
if we didnt hear duel of the fates in every fan film i would say duel of the fates is better than batlle of the heroes.

sTrUmYk MeN 666
I love ESB soundtrack, but you know ROTS is the most dark soundtrack in the entire saga so i vote for ROTS even if the 70% of material is old thing only mixed but Hey i love them! Battle of Heroes kick ass well it's not Duel of The fates but it's different, more mythic

J-Unit
Yes I Agree With U Strumuk And By The Way Where In Poland Do U Live?

NoFate007
Where can you find the ROTS soundtrack to listen to?

tlbauerle
For those that expressed interest:

STAR WARS: Symphony for a Saga is now complete. Both discs (Prequel and Original Trilogy) are finished and can be found for download, here:

http://musicofstarwars.tripod.com/

Please feel free to post your feedback on the board!

Thanks!

leowyatt
ROTS soundtrack won't be released until may 3rd i asked at
FYE music store where i live

MOTHERBOX
it was ok not the best i would say empire is the best those tunes are so classic, tpm is a close 2nd though.

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by leowyatt
ROTS soundtrack won't be released until may 3rd i asked at
FYE music store where i live

stick ur fingers in ur ears until May 3rd dude laughing out loud

tlbauerle
thanks for the symphony links Happy Dance

heels1985
ROTS first, followed closely by ANH and ROTJ

EHmasterJedi
has the Bonus DVD footage been leaked yet? or the footage that was shown at C3, if it has can some one shoot me a PM, thanks

astrofan428
Right now I like Empire, but I like the music from ROTS, maybe when I see it in the movie I will appreciate it more.

bILLYgOAT
Across the Stars

I just listened to it again, and I hope they play it during the Vader chokes Padme scene.

Perfect

rogue21579
I think my all time favorite is on the second disc of Return of the Jedi. I like the choir that sings with the orchestra while Luke defeats Darth Vader. I also like the building up of the orchestra while the Emperor is shocking Luke, until the Force Theme comes thundering in when Vader picks up Palpy and throws him to his death. John Williams did a fantastic job with those scenes in the movie. does anyone agree?

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by rogue21579
I think my all time favorite is on the second disc of Return of the Jedi. I like the choir that sings with the orchestra while Luke defeats Darth Vader. I also like the building up of the orchestra while the Emperor is shocking Luke, until the Force Theme comes thundering in when Vader picks up Palpy and throws him to his death. John Williams did a fantastic job with those scenes in the movie. does anyone agree?

I agree
choir & orchestra during RotJ duel sounded fantastic

.:Space Opera:.
THE BATTLE OF HEROES is so simple, yet its perfect. the music needed to be simple because the story is so complex.

mtryder
Originally posted by rogue21579

Wholeheartedly. In my eyes, those scenes are the single best examples of sountrack enhancing what's happening onscreen that I can think of.

havoline
here is what I did to appriciate the music more, play battle of the heroes with the C3 video clip and it will like do things to you, I promise.

Delta 62
The only Episode III music I've heard so far is the music that plays in "Unite", one of the new TV spots.

sTrUmYk MeN 666
Originally posted by J-Unit
Yes I Agree With U Strumuk And By The Way Where In Poland Do U Live?
I Live in Cracow smile you know beautiful city big grin

MOTHERBOX
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
THE BATTLE OF HEROES is so simple, yet its perfect. the music needed to be simple because the story is so complex. Yup its going to be a classic for shure.

I like obiwan vs ani better it reminds me of gladiator like music.

MOTHERBOX
Anyone notcie the hint of the Jaws theme in GG's theme how cool is that.

bILLYgOAT
tbh
battle of Heroes sounds more like a synth than a choir during most of the quick note changes, theres nothing organic about it.

was John Williams sick while writting this?

Delta 62
Whoops..made an error. The TV spot I mentioned is actually "Jedi Action 2", not "Unite".

tlbauerle
Check it out...

AOL has a virtual listening party for the REVENGE OF THE SITH soundtrack...online now:

AOL REVENGE OF THE SITH LISTENING PARTY

Sorry for the SPAM....just wanted to make sure people knew about it!

Darth Bong
Best soundtrack: ESB
Second: ROTJ (Due to all the Emperor's throne room music)
Third: ROTS
Fourth: AOTC
Fifth: TPM
Sixth: ANH
smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin'

Delta 62
I watched "A Hero Falls" off the official site a few times.. Battle of the Heroes is great. It's just as good as Duel of the Fates..though they're two different styles. Is there a downloadable version anywhere? I'm tired of streaming..

HAROLD
Kind of random, but does anyone know where I can get the ROTJ soundtrack?

tlbauerle
The store?

Leog14
I got to tell you that all of the soundtracks are the best of all time and my brother loves ESB because it's the most dark consuming considering it is the Vaders Theme movie but I like All of them because each one contributes to Star Wars.
EPI: Duel of Fates, great choir and good movement.
EPII: Across The Stars, Deeply moving and insparational.
EPIII: Battle of the Heroes, Dramatic and overwhelming.
EPIV: Feels new everytimes
EPV: Vader's Theme, makes you want to run and hide.
EPVI: Luke vs Vader, The Great ending music for the great ending.

Leog14
By the way you can get the ROTJ on ebay. I already DL the ROTS soundtrack.

Delta 62
Does anyone know if the downloads exclusive to Target and Walmart for the Episode III soundtrack are actual downloads? Or do you just stream them?

Leog14
just streamed.

tlbauerle
er...download.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.