The Flash vS Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
The Flash vS Martian Manhunter

long pig
MM definatly.
Ive seen MM and the White Martians go near light speed before...I know Flash can steal speed or whatever but not while his mind is being f'd with.

ebonyblade1
Martian manhunter has way too many powers for flash to deal with. He can become intangible, he can become as hard as steel and then he has xavier level mental powers too. Flash would put up a good fight. But MM would come out on top.

Mainstream
Double M all the way.

Metalmanx
I go for Flash. There's a point when you go so fast...that you gain so many new abilities. Martian Manhunter does not have the ability to travel through time. Nor can he steel speed. Nor can he cause things to explode just by vibrating through them.

I never said it wouldn't be a close match though. I just believe that superior speed and new abilities acquired through it would win the day.

Dizzle
When Flash runs above 99% of lightspeed, he touches the Speed Force and (usually) travels through time, effectively taking him out of a fight. And MM can rematerialize into something, which would probly 'splode it good... And I don't think Flash phases through moving objects. MM wins.

FistOfThe North
I gotta go with The Flash.

And oh yea. MM is in no way faster that the flash for whomever claims it.

Don't get it twisted.

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig
MM definatly.
Ive seen MM and the White Martians go near light speed before...I know Flash can steal speed or whatever but not while his mind is being f'd with.
What issue does flash steel speed?
Or make someone explode.

Issue numbers and names will be appreciated greatly

colossus17
when the flash traveles does he have some sort of bio force field which his body generates ones hitting a certain speed...?, how does he survive the air friction at this speeds if he has peak human durability...

kgkg
speed force.

colossus17
yes but he only taps into the speed force ones hitting light speed....what about when he traveles at sub light speeds...

kgkg
Yes he is protected. He has to be or else he would be dead.

learn more here:
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/force.html

jrodslam
Flash has a protective aura around him when running at super speeds. This protects his clothes and also the people he carries.

Flash can also go lightspeed without tapping into the speed force. Its just that he takes a risk in time traveling, thats why he doesnt do it often. Hes able to tap into it at will, but he cant always controll not time traveling. He is getting better at it though.

There has been a couple of times where flash takes someones speed boosting his own and or making others slower at the same time.
Flash v.3 #209 -- Fash says to himself " I could steal all of Supermans kinetic energy and stop him cold, but it'd be like throwing him out of a car--one moving at over two thousand miles per second."

Flash v.3 #132 -- Flash, boosted by Johnny Quick's Speed Force equation, moves so fast that time stands still for him; this is, in Einsteinian physics, the same as lightspeed motion. From this issue on, lightspeed travel becomes routine for him.

Flash v.3 #136-8 -- Flash evenly races an energy being who moves at or beyond lightspeed, then, boosted by the collective speed of humanity, outruns "instant transmission' that is specifically referred to as being beyond lightspeed.

Flash v.3 #209 -- Flash outruns Superman's heat vision, which presumably travels at lightspeed, as well as outrunnign Superman, who has been shown exceeding lightspeed in his own comic since Our Worlds at War

Hope that helps.

colossus17
got it thanx bub

Cosmic Cube
Wow. So when Flash steals other's speed, he adds it to his own?

jrodslam
Yup. Either slowing them, stopping them or no harm done to them at all. Thats why sometimes he doesnt even have to tap into the speed force. He can just take others. Lol crazy isnt it. Flash is the man. I love that guy.

Cosmic Cube
There must be some people who's speed he can't steal. How the hell can he lose a fight if he can just freeze everyone? Is the speed theft permanent?

kgkg
Originally posted by jrodslam
Yup. Either slowing them, stopping them or no harm done to them at all. Thats why sometimes he doesnt even have to tap into the speed force. He can just take others. Lol crazy isnt it. Flash is the man. I love that guy.

Then why hasn't he done it?

list me few comics where he stoped someone moving as fast as him.

Like DD , and other people he fought.

Draco69
He said he could do it to Superman when Superman was chasing him but Superman would have just destroyed everything in his path from the momentum.

Jay Garrick did it to Superman. He stole his speed in order to win a race.

jrodslam
Originally posted by kgkg
Then why hasn't he done it?

list me few comics where he stoped someone moving as fast as him.

Like DD , and other people he fought.

Uhh did you read my post? I did.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Draco69
He said he could do it to Superman when Superman was chasing him but Superman would have just destroyed everything in his path from the momentum.

Jay Garrick did it to Superman. He stole his speed in order to win a race.

If he stole Superman's speed, why would Superman keep moving? If his kinetic energy was stolen, Superman should be frozen perfectly still in his last position and unable to move; not hurtling into a mountain. If Superman flew into a mountain, he still had kinetic energy.

jrodslam
If he stole Supermans speed, Superman wouldnt be able to move willingly. Thats like you running at your top speed and all of a sudden ankle bindings appear. You'd fall and roll a few feet. Thats the same that would happen to Superman. But he'd roll for thousands of miles. Thats what Flash was saying basically. He could steal speed energy from someone who isnt moving at all. But in Supermans case, because he was moving at such high speeds, that would cause the destruction from Superman's roll.

Cosmic Cube
So it's more like tripping someone than actually stealing their kinetic energy.

jrodslam
Superman's legs wouldnt be able to move at all. I wouldnt call it tripping because its actually making Flash faster. So its still technically stealing Supe's speed. But Superman's body motions would appear as if he was tripped. But in reality, hes just stopped in mid motion thus making him fall at 2,000 miles per second.

Cosmic Cube
So his kinetic energy is stolen for an instant, then it is regained, so he falls, right?

kgkg

jrodslam
Flash v.3 #136-8 -- Flash evenly races an energy being who moves at or beyond lightspeed, then, boosted by the collective speed of humanity, outruns "instant transmission' that is specifically referred to as being beyond lightspeed.
Thats one.

Flash v.3 #132 -- Flash, boosted by Johnny Quick's Speed Force equation, moves so fast that time stands still for him; this is, in Einsteinian physics, the same as lightspeed motion. From this issue on, lightspeed travel becomes routine for him.
Theres another.

Thats 2 instances where he actualy steals or borrows speed. Superman would have been another, but the destruction would have been too high. Is that good enough?

"BOOSTED" as in taking someones speed, kinetic energy or momentum.

Cosmic Cube
A couple mountains? Who needs 'em?

jrodslam
lol.

kgkg

Cosmic Cube

long pig
Lol, everyone on earth tripping at the exact same time.
Get up and be like, WTF?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.