Batman vs. Ken Shamrock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stevusmagnus
Who wins?

Bird
Good one, but I gotta go with Bats. How do you argue with 'highest master of 127 styles of marital arts'?

And, he knows the Dim-Mak, or Death Touch. I don't care who you are, even jplatinum, you aren't getting up from that.

Nataku8188
Dude, this is stupid. Why are you facing real life people against Batman? He goes above and beyond anything physicly possible.

jplatinum
Nataku8188, no he doesn't.
Bird, I wouldn't give him a chance to to focus his ki to concentrate on disrupting my body's electrical impulse.
That is how its done.
He needs a few seconds to focus his ki, then he has to hit me while staying focused.
I don't let this happen.
Keep him distracted and move in for the kill.
Anyway, if Ken shamrock gets ahold to him its over with.
Unless batman's bones are adamantium and won't break its over with.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by jplatinum
Nataku8188, no he doesn't.
He does. Normal people who can bench 800 or so pounds aren't also fast enough to dodge bullets or mentally disciplined enough to hide from a martian that can scan the planet for one person accurately.

jplatinum
You miss the point again, tuna.
You say he is the strongest. He isn't.
You say he is the fastest. He isn't.
You say he is the best fighter. He isn't.
Science proves it and the greatly flawed bio wrong.
You can argue it anyway you want, but you can't just throw science out the window, especially if you want to overrided given greater feats with lesser comic book feats.
Example:
You say he is the strongest, he presses about 800 pounds. Well, people bench way more than that on a regular basis. So he isn't the strongest human. I could go on, but you still won't get it, man.

hoorayforpeepee
man jplatinum, you have some sort of complex or something

The Flash
I've never heard of someone bench pressing one thousand pounds. Can you give me a link to this, jplatinum?

Swanky-Tuna
You say he is the strongest, he presses about 800 pounds. Well, people bench way more than that on a regular basis. So he isn't the strongest human. I could go on, but you still won't get it, man. I never said he was the strongest.

I said he was physically better. Those people who can bench 1000lbs are bulging with muscles and would do horrible in a fight. They would be slow and unagile.

Those are are extremely fast won't have the strength to contend.

You want to bring in science, how can someone who's... how much does Batman weigh? 200? How does someone at that weight lift 800lbs?

And never have you scientifically proven that someone's more skilled than Batman. I'd like to see your formula for skill.

long pig
I was just watching the "Worlds Strongest Man" comp. on TV, these guys were lifting 1000 pound objects and running with them.
1000lbs is do-able but these guys are fricken HUGE, they could barely walk with them 70in thighs scraping together.

Swanks right.
There's no way one of these guys could do very well in a UFC style fight, not agile enough.

Batman shouldn't be as strong as he is. At most BM weighs 250, him benching 800lbs would make him pound for pound the strongest man on earth.

Xplosive
In one-on-one Shamrock wihtout a doubt. If we don't mention comic, he lost to black guy in first Batman. Vitor Belfort is much faster, Shamrock is stronger, generally MMA fighters are better fighters in one-on-one.

Swanky-Tuna
Shamrock's apparently past his prime. And even if he isn't, it wasn't to impressive that he fell twice during TUF finale.

eleveninches
Oh, my God!!!

You Killed Kenny!!!

jplatinum
Paul Anderson is the strongest man on earth.
He weighs 318 and benches 1005 pounds.
He also back lifted 3 tons.

Go to www.excite.com then type in race for the 1000 pound bench press, or type in paul anderson's 1000 pound bench press.

You'll see what I'm talking about, man.

jplatinum
I don't have a complex, people just assume that batman can beat every real world person cause he is better than the people in his comics and cause writers make him do all sorts of bs that he really shouldn't be able to do even according to his bio.
So its kind of like a bunch of bs.
I state scientific facts and I turn into the badguy.
Whats' up with that!?!

Do you see what I'm saying, Flash.
Kinda makes sense huh?
Let me know.

jplatinum
Oh and SHamrock in his prime could win.
Hell, I'd put any of the male gracies against Batman and they could take him into submission until he cracked.

"Oh no. Batman gets broken again."

Swanky-Tuna
Meh, I was talking to a friend of mine who had followed Shamrock for a while and he said he was never that great. It was only because escapes to the leg locks he used weren't developed at the time that he was so deadly.

jplatinum
Point is that shamrock can grapple and he has deadly ground fighting techniques.
If he gets ahold of you in one of them, its a wrap.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Meh, I was talking to a friend of mine who had followed Shamrock for a while and he said he was never that great. It was only because escapes to the leg locks he used weren't developed at the time that he was so deadly.

That and the fact that he never gives up. You seen Shamrock vs Don Freye? He took a knockout punch and kept fighting. It was crazy.

Swanky-Tuna
Point is that shamrock can grapple and he has deadly ground fighting techniques.
If he gets ahold of you in one of them, its a wrap. Unless you know how to get out of it.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Unless you know how to get out of it.

Once it's locked in there is no way to just get out, you have to beat your way and force your way out. The thing is, if you're fast and smart you can avoid it all together.

Swanky-Tuna
I was talking about the "gets ahold of" part. It's not like "Shamrock has his hand on my ankle! I TAP NOW!"

Not only can you avoid the submission, you can get into one but escape before it's locked in.

hoorayforpeepee
why are you talking like shamrock has more skill than batman?

batman is better at any of the gracy's at their own game.

batman is better than shamrock at his own game.

plus he is stronger/faster/more agile/superior tactical mind.

this is why he is batman...he is the best human for any job.

The Transporter
Couldn't have said it better myself Manor. Batman is the master of virtually EVERY martial arts, including BJJ. Ken Shamrock was a legend during his time, but that's only because no one knew about the ground game at the time. Even if Ken was in his prime right now, he would be getting his ass kicked, now everyone knows the tricks and escapes. And if you don't think Batman is the master of escape, than you don't know batman. Batman takes this with 4 limbs behind his back...easy. It's sad this was even turned into a thread, really.

red sabre
i would like to punch the retarded UFC Fanboy who started this thread please

red sabre
He needs a few seconds to focus his ki, then he has to hit me while staying focused.
I don't let this happen.
Keep him distracted and move in for the kill.

right.... because batman only chance to take your fat ass out is by using special ki attacks, i dont know about his ki attacks but his B**** slap attack will do just fine with you.

even worse than a UFC Fanboy, a UFC + Dragon ball Fanboy

StyleTime
This thread was made over 5 years ago.

In any case, Batman would effortlessly destroy any fighter on our planet. Real life fighters are nothing compared to high street comic book characters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.