The Doctor vs. Dr. Strange, Zatanna, and Dr. Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss.

hoorayforpeepee
more info on the doctor...i remember you mentioning him not too long ago, but i forgot what his deal is.

Draco69
The Doctor from the Authority. I'm not the authority on the Authority (ha!) so I don't know anything about him. Someone on this forum did say that The Doctor was like"100 Dr. Stranges" or something.

David Duchovony
Nice pun by the way.

Dizzle
I think his magic is slightly below Strange's, but he has a lot of other abilities too... Get DigiMark in here...

DigiMark007
...lol here I am

DigiMark007
The Doctor is probably somewhere around Dr. Strange level. I'd put him slightly higher, but then again I'm a Doctor fanboy. big grin

Within the Authority's mythos, the Earth has always had "a Doctor". He has been reincarnated hundreds of times, and has access to the shared knowledge of every previous Doctor (he can communicate with them directly via some strange telepathic/spiritual realm)

Doc has quite a few powers...His main power is the ability to manipulate matter through sheer magical force. He's turned battalions of random bad dudes into trees, ravens, etc. (usually something environmentally based...as the "Shaman of Earth" he is very ecologically conscious). He has also transported beings to different dimensions and has some limited time travel abilities (don't know the exact extent of them). Any being without magical shiedling would be vulnerable to these kinds of attacks.

He also has the ability to communicate with others telepathically, but does not appear to be at the same level of telepathy as, say, Xavier, Manhunter, or any of the other powerful comic telepaths. He hasn't attacked anyone telepathically, but once broke the telepathic hold on thousands of people by a powerful evil telepath. His last ability is telekinesis...rather powerful in this department...he once held most of Italy in place while the world turned on its access, flooding most of Italy.

Since he is Earth's Shaman, his powers are enhanced when dealing with Earth-based things. Thus, he could hold Italy (part of Earth), but can't telekinetically lift objects that would have the same mass (though he can lift himself, giving him the power of flight).

That's him in a nutshell...the current Doctor (picture in my sig below) was formerly a drug addict (couldn't deal with his immense powers) but has since reformed and is an uber-powerful shaman.

-DM

DigiMark007
With all of that said, I'd give the victory to the other three.

I'm pretty sure Doc could take any one of them, but all three together would probably prove too much. It's unclear how good Doctor's defenses are against similar magical attacks (and despite some telepathic abilities, he's also been suseptible to mental lapses and such, and possibly could even be vulnerable to attack from another telepath).

If any of the three challengers slip up, Doc will turn their blood to orange juice and their heads into bushes, but if they keep the attack up I like their chances. A little prep for team Strange would probably seal the deal, but it might be about 50/50 if they just met and started fighting (Doctor needs little or no time for his magic to work).

-DM

David Duchovony
Is that Cyclops or Matt Murdoch in your sig Digi?

Khellendros
I don't know anything about Fate, and how he uses magic, but if he has to recite spells he's probably in trouble. Dr. Strange is going down for sure, Zatanna might be trouble, because she only has to blurt out a one syllable word and the Doc is in trouble. I'd still give theDoc a decent endge, though, since his power works through thought andnot speech.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by David Duchovony
Is that Cyclops or Matt Murdoch in your sig Digi?

Not sure if that's a joke or not (he does sorta look like a cross between those two). But that is the Doctor...though now I'm almost sure you were joking.

-DM

P.S. beneath the head he sports a stylish swirly purple overcoat with a black or blue undershirt that resembles a turtleneck. Black pants and brown boots that come sorta high up complete the ensemble. Cool costumes are very important. cool

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Khellendros
I don't know anything about Fate, and how he uses magic, but if he has to recite spells he's probably in trouble. Dr. Strange is going down for sure, Zatanna might be trouble, because she only has to blurt out a one syllable word and the Doc is in trouble. I'd still give theDoc a decent endge, though, since his power works through thought andnot speech.

Khell makes some good points. The Doctor can do the Flash-like speed blitz since his powers work through thought alone, not casting and incantations of spells.

But Strange is a paranoid sob. He doesn't waltz around life without some formidable magical defenses. So I don't think Doctor would take him out right away.

The other two I'm not so sure about...Zatanna has to speak, and isn't as powerful to begin with, so she might be in trouble. Fate...not sure. Any two could probably handle the Doctor if they got up and running, but if Doc manages to get it to a one-on-one, whoever the "one" is against him will be in trouble, since Doc is a bit more powerful than any of them.

I'd still give the slight edge to the three challengers, but with magic there's so many variables that it's hard to say for sure.
Team Strange wins 6/10.

-DM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.