What's your idea of a Great Party?!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Claude_Rains
I have been 'commissioned' to organize a party. I am in charge of the activities, entertainment, games, and the like. It isn't exactly a birthday party, in that it is not being held for anyone's birthday, but one or two people have birthdays that will be near enough to the date, that they will count this party. The people attending will be sixteen and up, and I am in need of ideas for a variety of entertainment that is cool for teens and young adults, that won't get everyone arrested, lol!

So...if you went to a party, what would you like to get involved in? Movies? Music? Weird games like diving headfirst into a huge vat of Velveeta? I am looking for anything!

And any suggestions for music would be greatly appreciated also!

Thanx!

Raven Guardia
you could maybe have a 'dance' maybe say in the family room or a nice room where guest can hang out have some flashy lights and decorations and music. and in a room maybe the kitchen have the snacks and maybe if they want you guys could watch some movies. Like have a movie time, eating time and then the dance or however you want to run it. But I think dances are fun. escpially when its a bunch of good friends there to just to have good clean fun w/out anything to get them in trouble.

LonDon06
For my 17th, we hottubed, turn off all the lights on one floor and played hide and seek, then we played two games of strip cheat(cuz every1 sucked at poker) I was sooooo much fun, everyone loved it:P

Raven Guardia
I like the hot tubbing idea. The hide and seek sounds fun too. when my friends have parties we usally play hide and seek or jail brake.

Pandemoniac
The main goal is off course insane amounts of fun. It helps to have 1 or several interesting themes for the party, that way you'll get good ideas faster. For example 'Medieval days'. Have a barbecue with lots of meat and plates made out of bread (the bakery makes those on request). You can play games like jousting, with people acting like horses carrying other people and have to push the others over. Or 'swordfights' with long paint brushes, first one to tag the other on the chest wins (get some protective eye-wear).
A rockstars theme might work to. Put up a kareoke set, that's good times guaranteed! And have a freestyle dancing contest on the most absurd sorts of music (like Mano Negra, Tenacious D, The Bloodhound Gang and such). And an best 'air-guitar' player contest on classic rock hits. You can have an award for the best costume aswell, and one for the most original way to open a beerbottle, if they aren't coming with those twist-off caps (It is possible using stuff like a chair and even a chips-bag so let's see what they will come up with).
Beach parties work out good too, and you don't even need a beach! Serve cocktails, do beach sports and wrestling in sunblock!
Ah well, just some ideas...
Music is indeed important, but the choice depends greatly on what sort of folks are gonna be there. If they have a specific taste in common, focus on that. Otherwise have a large variety of music and stay away from the extremes, like hardcore techno or metal. Be sure to get some disco. Also have a DJ posting the music installation and make it possible to make request in music. Just ask around for lots and lots of MP3's among your friends and you'll get a great music collection.
Save some cool movies for the end of the party, when people just want to chill. The choice in those is just the same as with the music, but just get a variety of movies from different genres and have a vote.
Keep snacks fairly simple but plenty, try to avoid liquor if there's young people coming or you'll have a lot of mess to clean up the day after. And you might want to appoint some 'supervisors' who remain fairly sober in order to keep things in check.
hopefully this will be of any help, good luck!

LonDon06
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
I like the hot tubbing idea. The hide and seek sounds fun too. when my friends have parties we usally play hide and seek or jail brake.

^_^

MC Mike
Well of course if the police DO come, play "**** the Police". They really hate it - and they can't do a thing if you aren't palying it too loud. Oh man the memories....

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Claude_Rains
I have been 'commissioned' to organize a party. I am in charge of the activities, entertainment, games, and the like. It isn't exactly a birthday party, in that it is not being held for anyone's birthday, but one or two people have birthdays that will be near enough to the date, that they will count this party. The people attending will be sixteen and up, and I am in need of ideas for a variety of entertainment that is cool for teens and young adults, that won't get everyone arrested, lol!

So...if you went to a party, what would you like to get involved in? Movies? Music? Weird games like diving headfirst into a huge vat of Velveeta? I am looking for anything!

Thanx!

Have food and music of all different kinds invist boys and girls and make sure your parents are not at home! evil face jmparty

Claude_Rains
Thanks! You are being very helpful guys, and alot of this I would not have thought of on my own!

Lana
Originally posted by MC Mike
Well of course if the police DO come, play "**** the Police". They really hate it - and they can't do a thing if you aren't palying it too loud. Oh man the memories....

I assume you know this from experience? stick out tongue laughing

*keeps that in mind*

Ketchuptome
Originally posted by Claude_Rains

Thanx!

You should get drinks.I dont mean soda either.I mean hessensy,Couversier,Alize,Hypnotic. Alcohol. Then u need food. This is up 2 u cuzz i like every kind of food stick out tongue
Then some tvs or lights. 4 entertainment. And invit popular ppl 2.
Then the music is up 2 u, or the crowd.. Or u could hire a dj..
I think thats it

SlipknoT
You'll definatly need a few kegs, thats a must, And get maybe 4-5 main guys to bring the weed, or BYOW

§P0oONY
my idea of a good party is, lots of alcohol, lots of great people, that is all you need, music is a nice addition not really necessery

Ketchuptome
Wats are "kegs" and "BYOW"

smoker4
Kegs of beer and BYOW= bring your own weed, not very gangtsa of you not to know that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.