The Thing runs the Sentinel Gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
The Thing:http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/earth-fantasticvoyage3.jpg

He's in a huge city that looks similar to NYC with all the buildings everywhere except for the fact that it is completely deserted. All of sudden sentinels keep popping up trying to kill him, there is an unlimited amount of sentinels rushing in and trying to destroy him but he refuses to die.

About how many sentinels do u think the Thing could destroy before he was killed?

jrodslam
I say 4 at most.

armandovalles
only 4, i'd say it'd be closer to 4 hundred of 4 thousand but dude ur crazy punisher could probly take 4 down for god's sake in a city area.

jrodslam
Like the original poster stated, Sentinels KEEP poping up. That must mean one every 2 seconds or so. I doubt he can take out more than 3 Sentinels at the same time. Thus I say he gets overwhelmed at 4.

armandovalles
well hes in a city, so he can use that to his advantage, and by the way, im the same person who started this thread.

jrodslam
Heh heh. I knew that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maestro
none if he encountered nimrod.

Scoobless
Thing could handle a lot if they only came one at a time, if by "sentinels keep popping up trying to kill him" you mean every few seconds (so that the number he is fighting at one time continualy increases) then he i'd say it would take between four and eight to subdue/kill him

Wynndar
He's crazy resourceful...notice how he was in exactly the same situation in FF#58...except instead of Sentinels he was fighting mutated evil Things...there were hundreds of them maybe...and he survived for quite some time. 1 Evil Thing is more powerful than a Sentinel.

Tony Stark
2 or 3 hundred. Even the ever-lovin blue eyed one gets tired. If he gets no rest. Thats about it. IMO

Scoobless
300...... no f*ckin' way

he'll be a pile of rocks before number 50

armandovalles
NO WAY, IM GOING WITH TONY STARK ON THIS ONE, IM SAYING ABOUT 200, MAYBE 300 IF HE REALLY WANT IT BAD.

armandovalles
and has anyone noticed that the picture i put up of the thing is the one from the exiles "fantastic voyage" in which he is a very high cl 100+!!!!

pr1983
its been said already, if its one at a time, then hundreds, if not, then he'll be down before ten...

armandovalles
and by the way i think this version of the thing (exiles:fantastic voyage) would beat the snot out of nimrod. I think nimrod is way overrated.

armandovalles
actually come to think of it, any version of the Thing (616, ultimate, knights, exiles: fantastic voyage) can beat the snot out of nimrod in my opinion.

stormfront13
if you think that then you are such a fanboy thats it not even funny. yes i have been a fanboy but not like what you just said

armandovalles
dude did u read exiles: fantastic voyage?

stormfront13
do you know anything about nimrod??

armandovalles
yea, actually, i do! did u read Exiles: Fantastic Voyage?

stormfront13
i nread exiles but i've heard that the fantastic voyage was bs so i didn't read it. i heard that he was fighting the exiles and ff4 by himself though. well....... the avengers, x-men, and the hellfire club was foighting nimrod by himself. he easily beat the juggernaut. can revover from anything the thing does. is or should be around the same strength.. i don't see it happening.

pr1983
Originally posted by armandovalles
yea, actually, i do! did u read Exiles: Fantastic Voyage?

you said any version of thing... and no i didnt read it, but i have read plenty of f4 comics...

armandovalles
hes nowhere near the exiles:fantastic voyage version of the Thing's strength. He only beat Juggernaut cuz he psionically blasted him in the head once he got juggy's helmet off, and juggy's secondary mask didnt mean shit to nimrod so he blasted right through it, when he fought the x-men and avengers both teams had some of their most powerful members missing, and they still won. I'd say that the exiles: fantastic voyage version of the thing would beat nimrod after a long fight, ultimate would stalemate for a while but eventually win, mainstream 616 may lose, marvel knights may lose also.

Scoobless
it wasn't psionics he used on the Juggernaut, it was high frequency sonics

armandovalles
well it still wasnt a physical attack, if nimrod brawled with juggy nimmy would get killed. and by the way sry about that, i didnt mean to say any version of the thing could beat nimrod, just the ultimate and exiles:FV versions of the Thing. Sry.

Wynndar
Thing isnt one dimensional...depending on who's writing...Thing could take Nimrod. Thing isnt Juggernaut, he's not going to try and charge Nimrod. He doesnt fight like that, and he's in the FF, so he's already been briefed on Nimrod's abilities and knows he's a huge threat. If Thing can beat the Avengers in the Avenger's mansion, he can beat Nimrod.

GalacticStorm
Thing on his own would put up a gd fight but would eventually get taken out by nimrod.

colossus17
what are sentinals so weak this days......i mean like..they are also class 100...well he takes maybe 2.....by the time it takes him to bring those 2 down which will take....tens more will appear and blast him.....by the time he recovers there will be 100's they will crush him.....just putting things in prespective thing is one tough mada fu**er but......it aint going to work....just putting things in prespective......

Wynndar
the Thing is more powerful than an individual sentinel. In FF he is often refered to as one of the most powerful heroes on Earth. When he fought an army of hundreds of evil Things that grew out of his own skin, on a deserted skrull planet, he survived. Not because of his own powers but his fighting ability and resourcefulness. He smashed several car-like vehicles together and compressed them to the size of a baseball; after he had a few dozen of those he was throwing them as artillary...then he compressed the steel "of a whole skyscraper" into a sword like object that he was hacking off evil Thing's limbs. The evil Things far outnumbered him...most of them were bigger than him too; one punched him through several skyscrapers and across the whole city. I think he would far the same way against an army of sentinels.

colossus17
dude thats different if it would be one on one fight thing would take hundreds....but when they are just popping out....he will be outnumbered there is nothing he will be able to do.....imagine 100's of sentinals blasting ben while others are others are trying to physically destroy him....+ they can fly so while some are attacking him on the ground.....a few will simply fire at him fromt the air.....the main thing i am not sure of is his durability, does any 1 know the current stats on his durabilty....

armandovalles
thats what happenned, on many occasions the thing was outnumbered a hundred to 1

armandovalles
so yea, i think the Thing could probably take down at least 90 or 100 sentinels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.