A.d.d

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wendigo
The doctor thinks I have A.D.D I think they are full of shit and are ****ing assholes what do u guys think about A.D.D Myth or fact?

Jackie Malfoy
Fact but sometimes the doctor would say that and it really is not the case.JM

tabby999
i think alot of the time a parent will say they think their kids have A.D.D, not because the kids have it, but as an excuse for their bullshit parenting. if parents stopped being pansy little weak shits and stomped their punk ass kids back into line we'd have barely any wiggas wandering around and go knows, there might never be another band or self important whingers like Simple Plan ever again

Wendigo
That's it man

Demarthl
yawn i cant be bothered to read

sblomie545
i personally think that some people do have ADD and do need medication but some people may just be lazy and distracted leading them to believe that they have ADD

sblomie545
same with depression

it dow sleep
i got A.D.D attention deficit disorder it used to b called A.D.H.D (H was 4 hyperactive)

it dow sleep
Originally posted by it dow sleep
i got A.D.D attention deficit disorder it used to b called A.D.H.D (H was 4 hyperactive) my dad had it so i got it and take medication its no bigger but it can b and advantage sometimes it can increase intelligence

sblomie545
we should all take ADD meds wink

it dow sleep
no ADD increases intelligence
the medication just calms ppl with it down its like speed its a class A drug

Darth Revan
i got A.D.D attention deficit disorder it used to b called A.D.H.D (H was 4 hyperactive)

ADD and ADHD are two different things.

I know a girl who has ADHD. She's pretty ****ed up when she's not on her medication. I think it's fairly obvious when somebody has either ADD or ADHD.

it dow sleep
Originally posted by Darth Revan
ADD and ADHD are two different things.

I know a girl who has ADHD. She's pretty ****ed up when she's not on her medication. I think it's fairly obvious when somebody has either ADD or ADHD. no there the same thing they just took the h out 4 no reason it was on TV ages ago when i'm not on my medication i get aggresive and angry and do stupid shit

SlipknoT
I wish I had it.

ESP07
Yea, I think.........

Lana
no ADD increases intelligence
the medication just calms ppl with it down its like speed its a class A drug

ADD doesn't increase intelligence, it means you can't focus on stuff.

I've got no attention span whatsoever and can't sit still for any length of time, am way too easily distracted....I probably have ADD messed

JLred
so do i...

rubber dickie
no there the same thing they just took the h out 4 no reason it was on TV ages ago when i'm not on my medication i get aggresive and angry and do stupid shit

no, it's not. ADD is attention deficit disorder and ADHD is attention deficit deisorder WITH hyperactivity. with ADD you just can't concentrate on simple sh!t, like sitting down for 20 minutes or reading a book, or watching a show on tv. with ADHD, you're like a caffeine fiend who can't concentrate.

Deano
these a.d.d people need a good slappin

LanİeWindu™
I might have A.D.D., it's a very common syndro............hey look, a quarter!

* Skips away *

Deano
then u need a good slappin lance

chelsea17
I think/know that ADD is a fact....a friend of mine has ADD and my cousin does too..so it's real.

Deano
Originally posted by chelsea17
I think/know that ADD is a fact....a friend of mine has ADD and my cousin does too..so it's real.

its all in ya bloody head

rubber dickie

it is very real. the brits invented it in the early 80's to bring confusion and chaos to the americans.

Coldfire
laughing out loud Yeah its real... My friend has it....

chelsea17
Originally posted by Deano
its all in ya bloody head

What the hell makes you say that?

It's not in my head when it's a fact about a lot of people

Deano
What the hell makes you say that?

It's not in my head when it's a fact about a lot of people

uve been watchin too many films....

Coldfire
I know people that have it.... and its not just something they made up on tv either...

chelsea17
It's not something to make up...damn people are dumb...

Deano
you're all goddamn crazy!!!
AHHHHH

LanİeWindu™
Personally I think ADD is made up too, it's just an excuse for bratty kids to do what they want and blame it on something else.

Deano
^ listen to the man

Coldfire
No its not... not really.... if you have it, you just like totally can't concentrate and stuff... I think I nearly had it a couple times stick out tongue

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Coldfire
No its not... not really.... if you have it, you just like totally can't concentrate and stuff... I think I nearly had it a couple times stick out tongue

How do you know if you yourself do not have it?

I've known some kids who have "ADD", they could concentrate when they wanted to, but if it was school or something along those lines, they convieniently let their minds slip.

chelsea17
If it's all made up, then why do they have meds for ADD, and why do doctors tell you that you have ADD??

LanİeWindu™
They have meds for it because they found a reason for parents to shell out hundreds of dollars on a medication that is basically just like weed. It mellows you out for a little bit.

Doctor's don't always know everything, they were told by someone what ADD looks like, and then they see a kid who acts hyper they automatically assume it's ADD. It's called the kid has a personality, he doesn't have ADD.

Coldfire

silver_tears
You really shouldn't take meds for ADD unless necessary, firstly not everyone goes through the same thing, and instead of using a western approach to this "disorder" if you will, you should try meditating instead, this will call you down and focus your mind and body.

Secondly, most people with the real disorder, experience symptoms before age 7 confused

And medication will only block the imbalance, it could cause heavier problems, you're supposed to see a doctor as well like a psychiatrist or something.

§pearhead
Originally posted by Coldfire
My friend can't concentrate at like anything at all..... maybe that's ADD or maybe its not... I dunno.... I'm not a medical expert...

Me neither.

It's called an incredibly short attention span, but chances are...it's not real ADD.

Coldfire
yeah, I have a very short attention span... Which kinda gets me into trouble sometimes, specially when I like zone out in the middle of class... shifty big grin

silver_tears
I choose not to concentrate, but that's there are many more symptoms of ADD yes

Coldfire
Yup there are.... but I don't know most of em...

silver_tears
fidgeting or squirming excessively
having difficulty remaining seated
being easily distracted
having difficulty awaiting his or her turn in games
blurting out answers to questions
having difficulty following instructions
having difficulty sustaining attention
shifting from one activity to another
having difficulty playing quietly
often talking excessively
often interrupting
often not listening to what is said
often losing things
often engaging in dangerous activities

yes

sk8stuff09
when i was a kid i was diagnosed with add and i took meds for it and it helped me concentrate in skool and brought my grades up

Coldfire
wow, thats a lot of symptoms...

tabby999
and to back up me and wendigos "A.D.D is more often an excuse for being f*cking annoying and avoiding responcibility for ones actions, not to mention the excuse for shitfull parenting" theory:
paris hilton is "A.D.D"
i guess that explains why the sl*ts video of her banging some guy ended up on the net, she wasn't on her medication

nitro-swicked
i have 2 cousins
one has A.D.D but he doesn't need medication no more he's calmed down loads and his brother is really bad but he's calmed down a little bit hes not as bad as he used to be.

PVS
i was nearly diagnosed with a.d.d. when i was 9, and later at 18.
i took some tests and from what the psychiatrist said, i'm a textbook case.
the reason i was 'nearly' diagnosed was that both shrinks told me
they were firmly against that lable 'a.d.d.' and the heavy meds that come
with it. i'm grateful for that.

any parents who are being advised drug their kids up, please 'just say no'. unless your kid is sooooooooo BAD that they cant function and learn, there is no reason for it, and you are putting them at risk of longterm nasty side effects, including heart failure. and if your a kid on ritalin, its your right to not take that pill. if your parents just cant accept that, then either tell them off, or just spit that pill out when they're not looking, and let them piss their money away. your body-your choice.

and just so you know, i graduated from my university with a 3.4. so dont let those shrinks and teachers tell you that your kids will never cope with life without ritalin, because thats bullshit.

PVS
Originally posted by silver_tears
fidgeting or squirming excessively
having difficulty remaining seated
being easily distracted
having difficulty awaiting his or her turn in games
blurting out answers to questions
having difficulty following instructions
having difficulty sustaining attention
shifting from one activity to another
having difficulty playing quietly
often talking excessively
often interrupting
often not listening to what is said
often losing things
often engaging in dangerous activities

yes

in other words: being a kid

DarthLazious
I have A.D.D and I am not ashamed of it.

Alot of famous people have A.D.D.

Robin Williams, George W. Bush, Bill Murray, Charles Barkley, Chris Rock, Mozart, Albert Einstein, and Dave Thomas(The Founder of Wendys) have A.D.D and its not a bad thing to have.

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by PVS
in other words: being a kid

True!

tabby999
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Alot of famous people have A.D.D.

George W. Bush

he dosn't have A.D.D, hes just a idiot who does what he wants and need something to blame when he f*cks up

Heather 29
Well this thread is a deffinate Closer. and yess A.D.D. is real.
I have it.

Ness
um.. since i was 14 i had to take Ridalin for my A.D.D. and it totaly ****ed me up.. I would not eat for the hole time i was under the med.. and i didnt move.. i was totalt zombie-fied.. so i stopped taking it and im totaly normal now

shugie99
I just stopped using Strattera for my adult ADD. Work is more difficult now. Time management is so much more difficult now.

Ness
ya im glad i dont take that shit anymore

PVS
Originally posted by Ness
um.. since i was 14 i had to take Ridalin for my A.D.D. and it totaly ****ed me up.. I would not eat for the hole time i was under the med.. and i didnt move.. i was totalt zombie-fied.. so i stopped taking it and im totaly normal now smile thumb up

Myth
Its an actual condition but should not be used as an excuse like many who have it use it as.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.