Namor vs. Spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
drunkLooks like a most challenging fight for your friendly neighborhood Spider-man. I think one reason Namor wins so much is cause of his manuverabilty.
He is one perfect canadate to challenge Spider-man on his own ground of dexterity.

The MISTER
I think spider-man could only win this battle by using his wits and trying to dehydrate the sub-mariner. Yeah it'd be easy for spidey to piss off subby and trick him into falling for anything. His ego would be his downfall. smokin'

Cosmo Kramer
Namor will kill him.

jrodslam
Namor SHOULD beat him. But c'mon, its Spiderman. I think it depends on the comic and circumstance. But im going for Namor.

Metalmanx
Spiderman was exceptional at leading Hydro-man away from the water. There's a great chance that just by using his wit and knowledge of keeping himself alive, Spiderman could most assuredly draw Namor far from the water, which would weaken him over time.

Just the fact that Spidey has the ability to just plan dodge attacks and keep himself alive will play a HUGE part in this match.

LordFear
UMM for those who say that SM would have to keep him away from water. Subby lasts on land for the same amount of time he is underwater.
Meaning if he spent a week underwater, he can spend a week on land without losing strength or being dehydrated

The MISTER
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
Namor will kill him.
more powerful enemies have tried.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by The MISTER
more powerful enemies have tried.

Spidey has justifiable character shields as far as comic heroes go. He has and can go toe to toe with almost anyone non cosmic and a few cosmic. Stangely though this is one fight I have never seen happen in over 30 years of reading comics. Can anyone give me an issue number when it did. confused

jinzin
for some reason I think spidey can take namor, He'll probably be able to dodge around namor and he'll definitely be able to take some of namors best shots without going down immediately, and web the crap out of him, all the while getting his hits in, and while his hits don't hurt the Hulk the hulk defnitely feels them, Namor doesn't hava a gamma induced healing factor and think eventually sm's blows will catch up to him or at least slow him down. But yeah spiderman alone may not be able to beat sub marinor, spiderman however, might be able to drop a building or five on him, or use a lamp post as a baseball bat, or electircuit him. using his surroundings I think namor will go down. If the two are fighting eachother in an open space like a desert or like that chi place where ryu and kn fought bison, and sm can't use the environment, then yeah, namor will probably have the advantage, water or no.

who?-kid
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Spidey has justifiable character shields as far as comic heroes go. He has and can go toe to toe with almost anyone non cosmic and a few cosmic. Stangely though this is one fight I have never seen happen in over 30 years of reading comics. Can anyone give me an issue number when it did. confused
I don't know the exact comic issue, but they fought already, and it was a great fight !

The fight ended in some kind of draw - don't they always - but Spider-Man more than held his own, he was dominating the fight, and at the end, Namor was getting weaker by the second and Spider-Man was still joking.

Oh, little detail : they fought on a boat ! In the ocean !

The MISTER
Spider-mans webs didn't stick to namor in their battle in marvel team-up

brainchild81
Maybe not, but Spidey's never been a one-move wonder.

who?-kid
They sure did when he fought Namor on that ship. And besides, does he really need them ?

Don't get me wrong, Namor is great, underrated and an impressive fighter. If Spider-Man makes only one mistake, Namor will be all over him and will win the fight.

But the old "bounce all over the place, avoid being hit and hit him with everything you got" - Spider-Man trick should do the job.

brainchild81
Originally posted by who?-kid
They sure did when he fought Namor on that ship. And besides, does he really need them ?

Don't get me wrong, Namor is great, underrated and an impressive fighter. If Spider-Man makes only one mistake, Namor will be all over him and will win the fight.

But the old "bounce all over the place, avoid being hit and hit him with everything you got" - Spider-Man trick should do the job. Ditto. Spidey once fought Delila(sp?) in his Ricochet guise and had to let her get hits in so she wouldn't guess it was him. Spidey is one of the absolute best non-ultrapowerful fighters in comics.

armandovalles
spidey is screwed, Namor out of water is cl 85, wet or hydrated well is a low cl 100+, and in water is a average/high cl 100+, plus spidey cant run cuz namor can fly so he'll catch him, either way, spidey is f*cked.

ScarletSpider
Namor is also surprisingly agile and lithe, especially in the air or water. He could, in my opinion, easily keep up with Spider-Man and take him out. Spidey has a few extra moves in his arsenal, with his webbing and all, but Namor still takes it.

Cosmo Kramer
If Namor really pleased he could kill Spidey in half a page especially if given the proper surroundings. If they fight in New York there is no question that he will atleast beat him enough to ruin his life.

X-Logan
Namor easily

Cosmo Kramer
I agree

who?-kid
I don't. Spider-Man has defeated smarter, stronger and tougher.

And like it or not, but Namor can sometimes be plain stupid, and has a weakness (a weakness Spider-Man - and the rest of the world - knows about).

A few uppercuts of Spider-Man have already sent Namor flying (without his little wings lol).

The MISTER
Namor can't fly as fast as a herald of galactus and Spidey lost firelord. namor can't shoot anything either as far as I know and spidey can dodge a thrown projectile with great ease. Firelord isn't as strong physically as namor but he's much stronger than spidey and when spidey went all out on him he was unconscious before he could even think of increasing his temperature so spidey couldn't touch him. That's one fast a** whippin and if the avengers hadn't have stopped him he might have killed him. Spider-man usually beats himself trying not to do to much damage to his foes. give him the bloodlust of the symbiote suit
(which only effects his webbing not any of his other powers) and namor is dead not just beaten.

Cosmo Kramer
Actually most of the best heroes in Marvel need a tag team partner to beat Namor.

DigiMark007
Spidey's great because he can hang with so many characters that should be well above him.

Namor's quick as hell too...not as fast as Spidey, but still. I think Namor would probably win out eventually, but constant movement and some solid hits from SM and Namor could be brought down too. Namor 6/10

-DM

Metalmanx
I love the way you comment on things. So calm, so collected. That's why I voted for you on that top 20 KMC posters thing.

There should be more of us in the world. yes shifty

Metalmanx
Too bad I just BARELY disagree with you. I think Namor wins more like 3/10 times. Spidey might slip up and Namor gets a lucky shot.

But I think Spiderman could take him after a long, drawn out battle.

jinzin
I still think spidey can take namor....but for everyone underetimating the guy....didn't he back down apoc once?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I love the way you comment on things. So calm, so collected. That's why I voted for you on that top 20 KMC posters thing.

There should be more of us in the world. yes shifty

I agree....there should be lots more of me in the world. hehe...

In all honesty, I'd love to agree with you since I'm somewhat of a Spider-Man fanboy, but for now I'll stick by my earlier assesment.

-DM

P.S. Seriously, thanks...I never went past Asian Hulk and Swanky on my list, but you'd be somewhere on it just because of how nice you've been to me. I got a vote from Scoob too, but I think it was a bit sarcastic (conversations with Scoob usually are).

The MISTER
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
Actually most of the best heroes in Marvel need a tag team partner to beat Namor.
true but were they trying to kill him or just stop him. And I think that holding back against namor would definitely be Spideys downfall. Actually I wish he would hold back less. Naaaa.. smokin'

jrodslam
Originally posted by jinzin
....but for everyone underetimating the guy....didn't he back down apoc once?

Yup.

Spiderman Would have to put an all out effort to beat Namor. I still dont think it would be enough. Like i said before. Namor SHOULD win, but Spidey's Marvels golden boy.

K3VIL
Spidey against powerhouse is almost always written to win, or give them hell of a fight, just cause he's a famous character, that's the truth.
Namor, when he doesn't fight like a raging idiot, is a great fighter.
He has years of fighting experience over Spider-Man, he's a great aerial combatant, he's tough, fast, he has the stamina, and even if far from water, he can pummel Spidey on the ground anyday.He can also jam Spidey with electrical discharges.In a story well written and even with a Namor that is far from water and on Class 40 level of strenght, Spidey is doomed.
He show his own with Surfer cause Surfer hold back, Surfer almost always hold back.He beat down Firelord, now looking at the comic, it's kinda no sense, Spidey beating Firelord, that can give a tough fight to Silver Surfer, who needed to go all out to K.O. him during the Infinity Crusade.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I agree....there should be lots more of me in the world. hehe...

In all honesty, I'd love to agree with you since I'm somewhat of a Spider-Man fanboy, but for now I'll stick by my earlier assesment.

-DM

P.S. Seriously, thanks...I never went past Asian Hulk and Swanky on my list, but you'd be somewhere on it just because of how nice you've been to me. I got a vote from Scoob too, but I think it was a bit sarcastic (conversations with Scoob usually are).

Haha, no problem, dude. Why be mean to others? I mean, there's really no point in it. Especially just about comic book characters. I love comics as much as the next guy. But I always remember that they are just comics, and that I have a life outside of them (I'm not insulting anyone, before you all go rabid on me, haha).

You and I need to find a VS. match to argue over. Each of us argues the other side. I'd like to see the outcome. big grin cool

X-Logan
Spider Man wouldnt even hurt Namor with his punches.

who?-kid
Originally posted by X-Logan
Spider Man wouldnt even hurt Namor with his punches.
This only shows you haven't seen them fighting each other. Namor feels it alright...

MERCILOUS
Yeah but it's crap, Namor takes the Hulks Class 100+ hits and all of sudden he's reeling from Class 10 punches?

who?-kid
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Yeah but it's crap, Namor takes the Hulks Class 100+ hits and all of sudden he's reeling from Class 10 punches?
Yes, more than once by the way wink .

MERCILOUS
Hey, I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that I don't like it.

In my mind, Namor should be able to take spidey 9/10.

StrawNilla
I'd say the fight depends on the area and how long Namor is out of water.

If Namor is out of water for a long time and their fight is in NY where there are plenty of walls for Spidey to bounce off of and around Namor, not to mention the aerial space Spidey can get for maneuverability from being atop skyscrapers, then Spidey can bring on the pain and tkae the majority (Spidey can make a class 40 tonner reel from a barrage of his own unpulled punches anyday).

If Namor's only been out of the water for a couple of minutes and the fight is in an tiny, enclosed space with little room to move around, then Namor takes it rather easily.

Again, depending on the various areas where both characters can capitalize on each other, I'd say it could go either way. Neither should be counted out.

BIGNASTY
Why is spidey ALWAYS given the advantage as far as where they fight, always lots of building and places for him to stay away from his challenger. why not fight namor on say 1000 acres of flay land with nothing around

who?-kid
Originally posted by BIGNASTY
Why is spidey ALWAYS given the advantage as far as where they fight, always lots of building and places for him to stay away from his challenger. why not fight namor on say 1000 acres of flay land with nothing around
How about this : Spider-Man is a New Yorker, and 99 % of his fights take place in New York. Which happens to have a lot of buildings.

He ain't gonna fight in the desert just to please you wink.

jrodslam
I think buildings wont really make a difference in the fight. Les not forget that Namor can fly. I think hes faster than Spiderman personally. Even if Namor's out of water for months, his power lvl wont go below class 40. It all depends on the writers. Namors has beaten the likes of Captain America, Hulk, Doom, and FF. His fighting skills are hightly underrated imo.

The MISTER
I really think that Spidey is going to have a lot of trouble with Namor. A whole lot more than with some of the chumps he's put up against in these threads but if he's not holding back he's far more powerful than he's shown to be. The problem is that you would have to imagine what he'd be like in a killing rage and how that lack of concern would affect what he would do to an enemy in a fight. In the comics 99% of the time he's holding back so you really do have to imagine. Firelord got beat down for holding back until he didn't even know what was going on. Spidey was in a panic when he jumped at firelord and let it all hang out
in desperation and rage. The end result was unconsciousness before he could get mad enough to stop holding back trying to secure a victory in direct combat. Namor does not dominate this fight by any means and there are few characters in Marvel or DC that will just whip Spideys as*
like it aint no thing. He can stay a step ahead of almost any attack and is usually defeated by himself. It has to be harder to fight someone who's trying to kill you when you're DETERMINED not to kill them. But he still beats some terribly powerful characters so he's not to be taken lightly in a one on one with any character that can tire or be damaged by the environment. In a desert Spidey will very likely lose because he will tire faster than namor. In the city I think that it could realistically go either way just because Spidey will be chased and that's not good for Subby at all. Also spider-man can take a lot of punishment and rarely takes the full force of a killer punch. 50\50

K3VIL
Originally posted by The MISTER
I really think that Spidey is going to have a lot of trouble with Namor. A whole lot more than with some of the chumps he's put up against in these threads but if he's not holding back he's far more powerful than he's shown to be. The problem is that you would have to imagine what he'd be like in a killing rage and how that lack of concern would affect what he would do to an enemy in a fight. In the comics 99% of the time he's holding back so you really do have to imagine. Firelord got beat down for holding back until he didn't even know what was going on. Spidey was in a panic when he jumped at firelord and let it all hang out
in desperation and rage. The end result was unconsciousness before he could get mad enough to stop holding back trying to secure a victory in direct combat. Namor does not dominate this fight by any means and there are few characters in Marvel or DC that will just whip Spideys as*
like it aint no thing. He can stay a step ahead of almost any attack and is usually defeated by himself. It has to be harder to fight someone who's trying to kill you when you're DETERMINED not to kill them. But he still beats some terribly powerful characters so he's not to be taken lightly in a one on one with any character that can tire or be damaged by the environment. In a desert Spidey will very likely lose because he will tire faster than namor. In the city I think that it could realistically go either way just because Spidey will be chased and that's not good for Subby at all. Also spider-man can take a lot of punishment and rarely takes the full force of a killer punch. 50\50
Do you understand that Spider-Man looks sto much skilled cause he's written in that way?Namor is on the Earth from over 70 years, he has fought during WW II, he has fought great enemies, he was even able to defeat Attuma and a considerable number of his soldiers ALONE, Namor is a powerhouse.That's a fact.Spidey can beat him cause Namor is almost always written in a crap manner when putted against good guys like Spider-Man, he fight with no brain and skills, but when Namor fought the Hulk, they showed how smart, skilled and powerful he is.
He's not only strong, but fast, tough, and intelligent, he has knowledge of biology, ingegneer, and other things, he's not the last idiot on the planet.If there's someone outmatched here, that's Spidey.

Zahit
Obviously The Sub-Mariner outmatches Spiderman,
but Spidey's combination of powers makes it extremely
difficult for anyone to fight him.
Properly written of course, I would lean in favor of Namor,
but he would have a hard time.

The MISTER
I will also be a bit more realistic and say Namor would win more than half the time. BUT I will only give him the victory 60% of the time because Spidey isn't completely dominated by Namor so he would fare pretty well for himself

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.