True Immortals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

David Duchovony
Who are the true immortals in Marvel or DC. Not extremely long lived people (Asgardians) but people if left alone would live forever.

colossus17
olympians,elders, alot more.....

Next Venom_girl
Uh... The Mighty Thor... Galactus! stick out tongue

Wolverine... maybe? confused

colossus17
thor is an asgardian.....they just age slowly.....galactus is a fundamental part of the universe but he to can be killed if he dosent feed for a while ad is very weak...and wolverine's healing facotr retards his aging....so he will probably live another few hundred years...but at the end he will die...also there is the concept of immortals that if not bothered cant die like olympians...but can die with sufficient force...or immortals that cant die either way like thanos becasue not only thats a part of his physiology but also becasue death wont accept him.

K Von Doom
The Elders are also long-lived, not true immortals, as Thanos stated - he added a billion years to the Runner and turned out extremely wrinkled and old. Wolverine could probably live to about 500 if no one tried to kill him.

Celestials maybe.

colossus17
it has been stated that if an elder is occupied with the thing he loves like the runner with runnig they will not die...+grandmaster tricked death....so that no elder will ever die...so now they are truly immortal

Sentry
Mr. Immortal... GLA.

Wonder Man is immortal due to his ionic powers. TOAA god is immortal.

Draco69
Wonder Woman.

The Amazons.

ScarletSpider
Blazing Skull, supposedly. A man who's been beheaded and came back five minutes later is about as immortal as they come.

Blue Diamond since he's been transformed into a sentient humanoid diamond.

Aarkus, the original Vision.

I'm not sure if the Eternals are truly eternal or extremely long lived. The Titan Eternals are just extremely long lived, the Earth Eternals are more powerful, and may truly be immortal, if nothing disperses their molecules. A few of the Deviants display Eternal like aspects, Ghaur, for one.

Ulysses Bloodstone, when in possession of the Bloodstone. Upon losing it, he died. He had been alive, and had not aged since pre-recorded history.

I believe Dracula is. He can be killed by a few means, but has yet to be permanently disposed of.

Arsenal
What about Mr. Sinister and Vandal Savage?

colossus17
what happenes if u nuke savage, i mean like he dosent have durability or anything.....will his body parts jsut get back together.....i? wink

nigel45
I believe so, yes.

King Burger
I'm guessing Celestials, Watchers, Phoenix, etc... other Cosmic Beings.

Excluding them I guess the Olympians and probably cosmic-powered
andividuals like Silver Surfer.

Maybe Binary, Apocalypse, Mr.Sinister?

Quick Freeze
all olympus gods

Mainstream
Apoc is virtually immortal

David Duchovony
But Apocalypse has to switch bodies to stay alive after the current one he's in gets to aged.

Sentry
Oh, I forgot the Sentry.

eleveninches
Controllers
Zamarons
Guardians
Olympians
Asgardians
Jin-En-Mok
Other pantheonic gods
Angels/Archangels/Fallen Angels
Lilim
Triarch
Hyperman
Superman Prime
Endless
Great Beast
Yahweh
Prescence
the Word
the Voice
TOAA
LT
Galactus
Heralds
Parallax
Sentry
DC1000000 charachters
5th dimentional imps
Creatures from dimentions 6-10
Celestials
Titans
Eternals
Titans of Myth
Eldars
Solaris
Phoenix
Watchers
Order
Chaos
Other abstracts
New Guardians

David Duchovony
Originally posted by eleveninches
Controllers
Zamarons
Guardians
Olympians
Asgardians (Not immortal, just extremely long lived)
Jin-En-Mok
Other pantheonic gods
Angels/Archangels/Fallen Angels
Lilim
Triarch
Hyperman
Superman Prime
Endless
Great Beast
Yahweh
Prescence
the Word
the Voice
TOAA
LT
Galactus
Heralds
Parallax
Sentry
DC1000000 charachters
5th dimentional imps
Creatures from dimentions 6-10
Celestials
Titans
Eternals
Titans of Myth
Eldars
Solaris
Phoenix
Watchers
Order
Chaos
Other abstracts
New Guardians

LordFear
Watchers, Inhumans maybe(very little is known about them)
Fing Fang Foom's race, Sersi and Gilgamesh's race(I forgot their name)

ScarletSpider
Sersi and Gilgamesh are of the Earthen Eternals.

The Inhumans are not immortal. Great longevity, but nowhere near immortal. Most of the current Royal Family of the Inhumans are probably nearing 100, but physically seem to be in their 20's/30's.

Gregory
Originally posted by eleveninches
Endless

Nope. In Book of Magic, Tim Hunter and Mr. E travel to the end of the universe. All of the Endless are already gone, except for Destiny and Death, and we see Destiny die/cease to exist. Death comments that it's the end of the universe, that she's come for the universe itself, and that she's only still around to "lock the door behind me as I leave." Which sort of suggests to me that the DCU doesn't have any "true immortals" in the strictest sense.

eleveninches
Well, if all of the abstracts have died, then time will also have died, so those who live up to the end of time are practically immortal

Mainstream
Apocalypes is a body jumper true...but he immortal he has no rival and no man can be his equal.

radioboy121
Merlyn, Necrom, Roma, maybe Exodus, Azazel, a few of the Externals (like Gideon but he's deceased), Adversary, Living Monolith...

Originally posted by Mainstream
Apocalypes is a body jumper true...but he immortal he has no rival and no man can be his equal.

Apocalypse requires his chamber to extend his life. Without it, he would have been died ages ago.

Mainstream
true....so he's like a bootleg immortal then.

radioboy121
He's just a long life. Otherwise, I can say Kang and Madame Masque can be treated as possible immortals if they just continued creating dupes of themselves and transferring their memories to these vessels.

Mainstream
but if you don't die...or can cheat death...you are immortal right? right? right?

radioboy121
Originally posted by Mainstream
but if you don't die...or can cheat death...you are immortal right? right? right?

Well, Doctor Doom can transfer his mind to another as can some telepaths (i.e. Jean); Franklin Richards was able to turn himself from child to adult and vice versa; Nocturne, Malice and Proteus took on different vessels; Mystique's shapeshifting retards or possibly halts her age factor (theoretically), but all these I don't classify as immortal.

Mainstream
immortal are the people who can't die and don't have to jump bods or uses technology to prolong their lives...but Apoc says he is immortal...would he lie..heh heh heh heh

radioboy121
Yes. He's talked down to the Living Monolith and has countless times considered himself a god. That's just ego. There's dozens of characters that give themselves titles and what not.

Other immortals: Adam Warlock, Her, Dormammu, Nightmare, Mephisto, etc.

Mainstream
Dacula, Vandel Savage, Apoc.......sorta. heh heh heh heh

eleveninches
Does immortality mean:
1. You will live forever (or until the end of time)
2. You CANT be killed
3. You WONT be killed

???

MERCILOUS
Someone grab a dictionary!

Mainstream
to me immortal means you can't die or if you die you can come back..cuz if you were dead...you won't be able to come back right?

armandovalles
Apocalypse, Mr.Sinister, Galactus, Supreme Gods (LT, Eternity, etc.), Phoenix Force, Celestials, Cyttorak.

Mainstream
Magneto: but I killed you?

Apocalypse: kill me? hahahahahah do you not realize I am immortal here (gives him a dictionary) look it up b*tch.

I don't believe Mr. Sinister is tough...Apoc enhanced his life...so Sinister in the same boat as Ra Al Ghul--the batman villian that can live for a long time.

Sentry
Adam Destine

Mainstream
Slade..aka Deathstroke the Terminator..you can kill'em but he'll be back.

ScarletSpider

MERCILOUS
Damn fine show ScarletSpider.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Sentry
Oh, I forgot the Sentry.

based on what??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sentry
That was taken from marvel directory. It even says so in his comics. Are you the Void? You like taking shots at Sentry. All because you think Sentry was a fake? Because Stan Lee made up the collaboration story with Wizard?

Wickerman
Originally posted by radioboy121
Yes. He's talked down to the Living Monolith

maybe....because.....he......i dunno..........CREATED......him? just a guess though.

Morph of the Externals can shape himself into anyone/anything. He can reshape his molecules on an incredibly fine level, being far superior to mystique. However, i'm not sure if this would mean he can be eternal. If there was a way for him to turn himself into void (which i suppose is impossible) he would be immortal as well in my book. (yes, i do know it's impossible tu turn into void...cause it's....well.....void)

~wickerman~

Zod4Life
1.Superman
2.SuperBoy
3.SuperGirl
3.Black Adam
4.Captain Marvel

Lord S
Apocalypse is not immortal.

If you believe Apocalypse to be immortal, then you must accept the concept of reincarnation...cause that's essentially what's he's doing...transferring his essence to another body once his current host becomes too weak to sustain his energies.

Apoc can transfer his essence to whatever body he chooses, because he apparently has some type of control over his it...which normal people usually don't. But does that make him immortal? I know I'm tiptoeing on theology here, but a lot of people accept that we are all cosmic energy inside our bodies...and we as we age, our bodies can't hold our energy, and then we 'die'. If we reincarnate, then by the logic applied to Apocalypse, we would all be immortals. Only difference, Apoc can apparently choose his new host...we can't.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Lord S
Only difference, Apoc can apparently choose his new host...we can't.

And retain his memories wink

~wickerman~

Draco69
Wonder Woman is immortal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.