Give Wendy's Business

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moviejunkie23
You all here about that finger in the chili business? well it appears that was a fraud, but none the less wendy's has been losing allot of customers over that.
Next time you feel like going to a fast food place think about going there and buying some chili, its real good and you won't find any fingers in it either!!!!
Thats a terrible a woman trying to make some quick cash has cost a company allot of money like that. SO if you can try to balance out the damage she has done and go buy some chili next time your wondering where to go eat.
What do you think?

LanİeWindu™
I love Wendy's food...I woulda still went there after the incident, but we don't have a Wendy's anywhere near here.

BackFire
Wendy's sounds good, I think I'll get some next week.

MetallicaT
wendy's is gross....well....almost all fast food is gross...only exception is arby's/culver's

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
You all here about that finger in the chili business? well it appears that was a fraud, but none the less wendy's has been losing allot of customers over that.
Next time you feel like going to a fast food place think about going there and buying some chili, its real good and you won't find any fingers in it either!!!!
Thats a terrible a woman trying to make some quick cash has cost a company allot of money like that. SO if you can try to balance out the damage she has done and go buy some chili next time your wondering where to go eat.
What do you think?

You got me never to eat there at all.Becaues of that rumor and also because I do not like the food there anyway.JM sick

Afro Cheese
Wendy's beats most other fast food burger joints anyway.

SlipknoT
*eats a Big Mac* **** Wendy's

BackFire
Originally posted by MetallicaT
wendy's is gross....well....almost all fast food is gross...only exception is arby's/culver's

Are you joking? Arby's is ass.

Darth Revan
What I don't understand about the whole fraud thing is... Apparently they took the finger to a medical examiner or something to analyze it. The result was that they discovered it hadn't been cooked as long as the chili there is supposed to be. What I want to know is, where do you get a human finger? confused

SlipknoT
I went to an Arby's in Maryland once and my little star chicken nuggets were pink and soggy

AdventChild
Sonic's hamburgers are awsome!!!!

Cosmic_Beings
Wendy's burgers are the grossest ever. But I love those chocolate shakes they serve.

rubber dickie
Originally posted by BackFire
Are you joking? Arby's is ass.

agreed. arby's is total assage. no excuse.

i heard that the finger she used was embalmed. what kind of dumb@ss b!tch would not think about that. clearly, she wasn't the criminal genius she hoped to be.

DeVi| D0do
Wendy's kicks McDonald's and Burger King's arses!

MetallicaT
Originally posted by Darth Revan
What I want to know is, where do you get a human finger? confused

off a human hand....duh roll eyes (sarcastic)

King Burger
If you're gonna eat crap, then come on down to Burger King!!

Don't go to Taco Bell however, unless you hate life.

chelsea17
I like Taco Bell..it's good

I heard the whole finger in the chili thing was that her family was playing a joke on her

King Burger
Originally posted by chelsea17
I like Taco Bell..it's good

Heck, I like Taco bells too...when I have constipation.

Better than aaaaany medicine!

Echuu
Taco Bell's beef grilled stuffed burrito big grin Good stuff

chelsea17
Originally posted by King Burger
Heck, I like Taco bells too...when I have constipation.

Better than aaaaany medicine!

Well good for you, I could care less....there is nothing wrong with the Taco Bell here, and I like it...so yeah

King Burger
Jeez, do you own stock in Taco Bell or something?

Getting feisty over a piece of s*** restaurant aren't we?

Taco Bell is dog food, plain and simple.

Oh, and it's "I couldn't care less".

chelsea17
whatever...and no i'm not getting mad, ugh nevermind

SlipknoT
Taco Bell own BK

King Burger
Well, I suppose eating dog-meat in a tortilla is not much
different than eating dog-meat in a hamburger bun.

Enjoy!

chelsea17
jeeze, people....urg

BackFire
I had Burger King last night, it was pretty shitty, now I remember why I don't go there very often.

The great thing about Taco Bell, it's cheap. You can get stuffed there for only like 3 bucks, and their food's quite tasty. You have to get the right stuff though, The bean and cheese burrito is great, their chicken quesadilla is great, their nacho's is awesome and their steak grilled stuffed burrito is awesome.

SlipknoT
Oh man I'm so hungry

sexylexy32
Wendy's is some good stuff, had some the other day matter of fact.....that finger issue is above my head. I had BK when I was 4 and that's the last time it ever passed my lips...

moviejunkie23
dude taco bell is where its at just for fast food in genral. I think your out of your mind king burger, you must be some kinda employee at burger king or something.
Its all about the 7 layer baby!!! stick out tongue

Ou Be Low hoo
What do you think?

Cry me a freakin' river! I think it's good that someone has tried to rip-off a stinking-slop joint that contributes to the general surge of obesity.

BackFire
They just give people what they want, it's naive and inaccurate to blame them in any way. Plus she did break the law and gave a perfectly good reastaurant a bad name for her selfish reason.

Ou Be Low hoo
They just give people what they want, it's naive and inaccurate to blame them in any way.

"Hey, kids! Come and smoke crack...if you want to!"

BackFire
Of course, crack is illegal....

Ou Be Low hoo
But eating a pound of saturated fat is ok...despite the fact that doing either with any regularity will lead to the same result.

BackFire
Yep, it's legal to eat all the food you want, thus it's okay for them to supply people with it. It's the people who inhale the 3 pound burgers who are to blame, not the restaurant who is trying to make money by giving them what they want.

botankus
I ate Wendy's chili the day the story came out. I was positive that it was the woman's fault.

smoker4
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
"Hey, kids! Come and smoke crack...if you want to!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/Tyrone_Biggums.jpg

WindDancer
Square burgers! Wendy's is just weird. stick out tongue

I occasionally take my business to Either Carl's jr. or Farmer Boys. Great hamburgers!

DarthLazious
I love Wendys.
I love their Chicken Strips along with thier Salads.

I also like Arby's and Subway as well.

ragesRemorse
What do you think?

If youve worked at wendy's you owuld know it is the dirtiest joint out of the three top fast food giants (mcdonalds, burger king, wendys) Wedy's is friggin filthy. Raw meat stays out hours at a time. Burnt meat is kept for the chili. Yeah, that meat that is in your chili, is burnt meat that has been on the grill WAY to long, or pieces of meat that werent cooked all the way. No fast food is good for you, but wendys is even worse.

PVS
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
If youve worked at wendy's you owuld know it is the dirtiest joint out of the three top fast food giants (mcdonalds, burger king, wendys) Wedy's is friggin filthy. Raw meat stays out hours at a time. Burnt meat is kept for the chili. Yeah, that meat that is in your chili, is burnt meat that has been on the grill WAY to long, or pieces of meat that werent cooked all the way. No fast food is good for you, but wendys is even worse.

it all depends on who runs the restaurant. you cant generalise. i know of one taco bell which is the most unholy shithole i have ever seen. wouldnt feed that crap to a stray dog. but the one by me is clean and run tight.

which reminds me...i could go for some nachos belle grande droolio

ragesRemorse
im just categorizing from the places i have worked, i have worked at two wendys, two mcdonalds and one BK. Wendys was by far the worst. It isnt like they were both indenpendantly owned wendy restaurants they were both coorperate restaurants. Yeah, i could go for a triple decker burrito right now smile

Linkalicious
"Good Neighbor Discount"

done.

moviejunkie23
But eating a pound of saturated fat is ok...despite the fact that doing either with any regularity will lead to the same result.

common man you can't compare greesy hamburgers to crack cocain man laughing
thats just silly

Linkalicious
Yah...crack's way better. yes

and it eliminates your appetite.

moviejunkie23
yes and crack was prescribed by Sigmund Freud. What Dr. Ever told you eat a jr bacon cheese burger and call me in the morning?

PVS
well, he prescribed cocaine.
crack wasnt invented till the 80's.

Morbid4Daniel
What do you think?

One of my favorite fast food resteraunts in this town! I just ate there today.

Ou Be Low hoo
Yep, it's legal to eat all the food you want, thus it's okay for them to supply people with it. It's the people who inhale the 3 pound burgers who are to blame, not the restaurant who is trying to make money by giving them what they want.

These kinds of restaurants specifically target children and poor people with little education. They should be held accountable for the poison they produce.

BackFire
These kinds of restaurants specifically target children and poor people with little education. They should be held accountable for the poison they produce.

No. All sorts of people eat at these restaurants. How do they target kids and poor people?

What, they target kids because they make kids meals? So what? It's the parents fault for taking their kids their to begin with and allowing them to eat their. Every restaurant these days has kid specials.

Poor People? Why, because their food is affordable? Yeah, that's just awful.

No, they shouldn't be held accountable for selling a legal substance that people knowingly and willingly buy, knowing full well that it's fattening and unhealthy. They choose to do it, it's no ones fault but theirs.

This is the same invalid logic that the stupid "truth" people use to try and blame the cigarette companies for the cigarette deaths. It's the people who knowingly purchase these items who are soley to blame, not the companies who provide it for the people.

You always here some bimbo whining about this shit on those nazious truth commercials "Ohhh, my dad died of lung cancer from cigarette smoking, it's the cigarette companies fault". No, it's your stupid dads fault for choosing to buy cigarettes all the while knowing that they're deadly.

xLiNdS x 622x
Well put BackFire....anyway Wendys and Taco Bell are just plain nasty where i live..there was like a stick in my taco once and at Wendys the chili is always hard and frozen.

botankus
Must be that Lake Erie sewage.

Good points, BackFire, especially with those stupid "Truth" commercials.

Lana
I love Wendy's...definitely the best fast food restaurant IMO.

Well, Culver's is better, but there isn't one in my area sad

moviejunkie23

Can anyone say I will have the 99 cent salad with fat free ranch please?

WindDancer
No. All sorts of people eat at these restaurants. How do they target kids and poor people?

What, they target kids because they make kids meals? So what? It's the parents fault for taking their kids their to begin with and allowing them to eat their. Every restaurant these days has kid specials.

Poor People? Why, because their food is affordable? Yeah, that's just awful.

No, they shouldn't be held accountable for selling a legal substance that people knowingly and willingly buy, knowing full well that it's fattening and unhealthy. They choose to do it, it's no ones fault but theirs.

This is the same invalid logic that the stupid "truth" people use to try and blame the cigarette companies for the cigarette deaths. It's the people who knowingly purchase these items who are soley to blame, not the companies who provide it for the people.

You always here some bimbo whining about this shit on those nazious truth commercials "Ohhh, my dad died of lung cancer from cigarette smoking, it's the cigarette companies fault". No, it's your stupid dads fault for choosing to buy cigarettes all the while knowing that they're deadly.

I agree with most of your post BF it is very well put. But Fast food restaurants do target kids. That's why they offer kid's meals with toys. And certain Fast food places have jungle rooms and a play area for kids to entertain themselves while their parents eat.

xLiNdS x 622x
Parents can still decide what their kids eat..if they wanna buy their kids the whole menu its their own fault

WindDancer
Yes, I agree with that also. It is the parents full responsibility to provide a proper nutrition to their kids. But we can't deny that the Fast food industry is interested only in profit. And what better way to make profit than by attracting customers in this case kids. A person claiming that they are fat and is all Mc Donalds fault is lame. Mc Donalds isn't responsible it is the person's own choice that is at fault.

PVS
2 words

RONALD MCDONALD

why is it that everyone jumped all over the tobacco company that used 'joe camel' and yet here mcdonalds can do whatever they please in their marketing practices.

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
2 words

RONALD MCDONALD

PVS
good!!! send his ass to jail!!!!
i hope that clown dies!!!
i hope he dies in a back ally with a needle dangling from his arm,
with his hand down the hamburgler's pants mad

eggmayo
Sonics food owns.

xLiNdS x 622x
Hey i love the hamburglar!!!

sk8stuff09
the only goos fast food joints r: sonic, whataburger, mcdonalds, and in-n-out burger.....wendys sucks and so does burger king

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by sk8stuff09
the only goos fast food joints r: sonic, whataburger, mcdonalds, and in-n-out burger.....wendys sucks and so does burger king

McDonalds'?? Are you kidding? Maybe the McDonalds in your town is the exception but every time i go to one of their stores the food is un eatable. Skimpy patties, hard buns with burn marks, brown lettece, ect ect. My experience McDonalds is like the most overrated burger joint ever

Ou Be Low hoo

Most kid meals include a toy and most of the advertising is in regards to these offers. The majority of the franchises are located in low-income locations and the nature of low-income families dictates that they don't really appreciate the greater risks involved. The majority of over-weight people in the US are part of the lowest income bracket.

I've already answered this. However, do you not think that by focusing an advertising campaign at kids they hold a great deal of power in regards to where a family will eat?

It seems like you are stuck on 'repeat'! Making food available for low-income families is an excellent thing to do. Making unhealthy, addictive crap available for low-income families is less so. Rice is inexpensive, vegetables are inexpensive, most cuts of meat won't break the budget...But have you EVER seen an advert for vegetables? Money talks and fast-food joints have lots of it to use and abuse.

Accountability is indeed an individual matter, but saturating the market with adverts about your saturated fat products is akin to brain-washing.

Projecting a 'consensus' can overwhelm even the most resolute mind.

*Copy and paste my previous comment here*

SlipknoT

It seems like you are stuck on 'repeat'! Making food available for low-income families is an excellent thing to do. Making unhealthy, addictive crap available for low-income families is less so. Rice is inexpensive, vegetables are inexpensive, most cuts of meat won't break the budget...But have you EVER seen an advert for vegetables? Money talks and fast-food joints have lots of it to use and abuse.

Taste is also a factor, alot of people think fast food is great, and I think the average person would rather have 2 double Quarter pounders instead of some rice and fruit.

Ou Be Low hoo
Their palate must be very unimaginative then...

BackFire
Actually, the whole kids meal toy thing has blown over, the only place that still has toys included in kids meals that they regularly advertise is Mcdonalds. Keep in mind, I said regularly, other fast food joints have a toy that gets advertised on occasion, but it's not constant. In fact, I can't remember the last time I've seen a commercial on TV advertising a fast food kids meal toy. It's not as overwhelming as it used to be. As far as locations go, I haven't noticed this claim you make. I live in a pretty well off area, in a pretty good town with very little poverty and "poor people", but there are numerous, and I mean numerous fast food joints, they're everywhere. And when I do venture into a low income area, I actually see fewer fast food restaurants.

Pretty much went over this in my previous paragraph. However, again the sole responsibility comes down square on the parents. Just because a kid see's a commercial and wants to go, doesn't mean the parents should just cave in and take him too Mcdonalds. It's up the parents to say "No" and tell the kid why.

You're ignoring the fact that almost every fast food place offers some kind of healthy alternative to their fatty foods. For instance, Mcdonalds has a variety of salads, and fruit cups. They also have a veggie burger and such. Also, since this topic is on Wendy's, they also offer numerous alternatives, instead of fries you can get a cup of chili, a baked potato, a side of vegetables and a grilled chicken sandwich without mayo.

Every restaurant offers these alternatives, but people still CHOOSE (there's that word again) to eat the cholesterol filled french fries, the triple Bacon cheeseburger, and the gallon soda (sometimes a diet, to make their eating choices not only stupid, but ironic as well). To answer your last question, yes, I have seen adverts for vegetables, actually, the most recent advertising campaign for Wendy's is advertising the fact that you can substitute something kind of healthy for the fries. Mcdonalds also just recently had an advertising campaign advertising their healthy alternatives. So again, all places do have alternatives, they're right their on the menu, but people still decide to get the heart attack on a plate meal. Their fault, completely their fault.

No, it's not. It's no more brainwashing then any other commercial. You're so down on fast food advertisements, what about commercials advertising sugary cereal, or soda, or candy? All of these are equally as harmful to kids as fatty foods, they all are unhealthy, why only target fast food adds as "brainwashing" when they're doing the exact same thing as these products.

It's just wrong to blame the restaurants who make fatty foods available. No one forces the people in there, and no one forces them to order a triple bacon burger with a large chili cheese fry. Blaming the fast food establishment over this type of stuff is like someone blaming a car company for making a car that can go 130 MPH, instead of the retard who decided to floor the gas petal knowing full well how fast he can go.

botankus
I tell ya, they're really watching McDonald's these days. whistle

BullitNutz
I worked in 2 separate Wendy's restaurants for about a year each.

I no longer eat at Wendy's.

botankus
My fiancee used to work in Wendy's and was fired because she couldn't make a burger ("Single"wink in seven seconds.

BullitNutz
^ Damn, they must have had some crazy (like Nazi crazy) standards.

Not even the managers at either of the Wendy's restaurants I worked at could make anything in 7 seconds. Well, maybe fries. That was it though. Just fries, and that was pushing it.

Darth Revan
What do you think?

I never ate there anyways, but I don't see what's so horrible about a huge company losing money. I don't recall most corporations ever being GOOD... roll eyes (sarcastic)

botankus
^^ (Future Union Worker)

Darth Revan
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Taste is also a factor, alot of people think fast food is great, and I think the average person would rather have 2 double Quarter pounders instead of some rice and fruit.

I hate most fast food. no expression

It's not that I don't like cheeseburgers and fries or anything, just not when they come from McDonald's. Doesn't help that I usually see a family of fatasses cramming their faces when I go in there.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by botankus
^^ (Future Union Worker)

Hehe stick out tongue

botankus
I think each of them has their own specialty nowadays.

IMO:
Best Fries - McDonald's
Best Burgers - Hardee's
Best Chicken Sandwich - Wendy's
Best Salads - Wendy's
Best Breakfast Biscuits - McDonald's
Best Hot Dogs - Sonic
Best of Nothing - Burger King

BullitNutz
Originally posted by Darth Revan
I hate most fast food. no expression

It's not that I don't like cheeseburgers and fries or anything, just not when they come from McDonald's. Doesn't help that I usually see a family of fatasses cramming their faces when I go in there.

I agree. It's not the food that makes me ill, it's the sight of gargantuan asscheeks spilling over the chairs, nearly to the floor. Uniform tank-assed families of five, thinking that a diet soda will make that double-quarter-pounder domehow absolutely fat-free.

botankus
Originally posted by BullitNutz
...thinking that a diet soda will make that double-quarter-pounder domehow absolutely fat-free.

I'm not obese by any means, but that reminds me, when I go to the movies and my fiancee and I split a large tub of popcorn, she lets me get as much butter as I want on it as long as the large drink we share is a Diet Coke. Go figure, but I've learn to accept the Diet Coke taste.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by eggmayo
Sonics food owns.

Yes, it does.

I admit, I will buy breakfast foods from McDonalds. Only occasionally, and I haven't in a long time. But, I went to see super-szie me at an art festival back in North Carolina. It left a huge impression on me. I don't eat fast food anymore. But, I do have to admit that Wendy's has set an excellent example to follow by offering side items other than french fries. fruit, baked potatoes, etc. It's a good example and others should follow it. Especially McDonalds.

Darth Revan
The only fast food chain I eat at on a fairly regular basis is Jack in the Box. I love those disgusting tacos... Can't help it. erm

BackFire
YES! Those tacos are wonderful.

KidRock
I hate fast food except for the Mcdonalds breakfast and egg mcmuffins. I love those damn things.

Darth Revan
yes

SlipknoT
Originally posted by KidRock
I love those damn things. *stands back in shock* I think....I agree with KR on something confused

BackFire
Everyone loves Mcdonalds breakfast sandwiches, they're great.

Dr. Strangelove
I really don't like McDonald's...but I gotta admit, those egg mcmuffins are damn tasty.

Ou Be Low hoo
You're ignoring the fact that almost every fast food place offers some kind of healthy alternative to their fatty foods. For instance, Mcdonalds has a variety of salads, and fruit cups. They also have a veggie burger and such. Also, since this topic is on Wendy's, they also offer numerous alternatives, instead of fries you can get a cup of chili, a baked potato, a side of vegetables and a grilled chicken sandwich without mayo.

You are in a shoe store. Shoes are everywhere. There is one tiny rack that has socks. What are you more likely to buy?

The influence of an advert for a new pair of oh-so-cool sneakers is less likely to be detrimental to my health than being subjected to a barrage of fast-food ads...

You're less likely to be convinced that a snickers is a viable alternative to a healthy meal.

Of course, people should be held ultimately accountable for their dietry habits. I hold little sympathy for the obese people who file 'McSuits', but I feel that the saturation of these terrible places makes them also accountable. Choice is an important part of people's lives, but how much choice is there if on every street corner (in major cities) there is a fast-food joint?

BackFire
Depends what I wanted, if they made it known that they do have socks, and I wanted socks, I'd get the socks. Just like the people know that these fast food establishments offer healthy alternatives, but still decide to get the triple burger. The fast food company is just giving them what they order, nothing more.

There aren't "barrages" of fast food ads. They are no more common then any other type of commercials. They're just advertising their product, just like everyone else who makes a commercial. Generally these commercials are advertising a new product they are offering. Makes sense. No problem there.

Well, to be fair, it's a well known fact that fast food meals are NOT healthy alternatives to a healthy meal. Commercials for fast food joints never claim their junk food is a good alternative (unless it's in reference to a healthy item they are offering).

Humerously enough, a Snickers Bar would probably be a better, healthier substitute for a meal then a full mcdonalds meal.

Choice is still there, there are actually quite a few fairly healthy fast food establishments, such as subway, and there are also super markets everywhere, so people can go make their own meals at home if they wish, and there's also numerous sit down restaraunts. And again, the fast food joints do offer healthy foods as well as their burgers.

People do choose to go to these places, and they choose to get the burgers and fries, rather then the salad and fruit cup. They have numerous choices, they just make the wrong ones.

botankus
Choice is an important part of people's lives, but how much choice is there if on every street corner (in major cities) there is a fast-food joint?

Steets are also available on every street corner for you to exercise on.

BullitNutz
Or for me to poop on, either way.

botankus
Which is another way to lose weight.

Ou Be Low hoo
Depends what I wanted, if they made it known that they do have socks, and I wanted socks, I'd get the socks. Just like the people know that these fast food establishments offer healthy alternatives, but still decide to get the triple burger. The fast food company is just giving them what they order, nothing more.

There aren't "barrages" of fast food ads. They are no more common then any other type of commercials. They're just advertising their product, just like everyone else who makes a commercial. Generally these commercials are advertising a new product they are offering. Makes sense. No problem there.

Well, to be fair, it's a well known fact that fast food meals are NOT healthy alternatives to a healthy meal. Commercials for fast food joints never claim their junk food is a good alternative (unless it's in reference to a healthy item they are offering).

Humerously enough, a Snickers Bar would probably be a better, healthier substitute for a meal then a full mcdonalds meal.

Choice is still there, there are actually quite a few fairly healthy fast food establishments, such as subway, and there are also super markets everywhere, so people can go make their own meals at home if they wish, and there's also numerous sit down restaraunts. And again, the fast food joints do offer healthy foods as well as their burgers.

People do choose to go to these places, and they choose to get the burgers and fries, rather then the salad and fruit cup. They have numerous choices, they just make the wrong ones.

"Hello, Brick Wall! My name is Brick Wall. How are you today?"

BackFire
I'm good, brick wall, how are you?

Ou Be Low hoo
I too am good, thank you for asking, Brick Wall...

As a side note, I think we both undoubtably agree that fast-food ain't good for ya mind or bones, we just differ slightly on where the blame lies...

Me - I think the companies should take some responsibility.
You - It's the sole fault of the individual.

BackFire
Absolutey, good sir. Fast food is best seen and not eaten.

Except for pizza, pizza is okay by me because it's so wonderful.

Ou Be Low hoo
Fast food is best seen and not eaten.

Except for pizza, pizza is okay by me because it's so wonderful.

Agreed. Pizza is indeed the food of the Gods. Simple Pepperoni is the order of today, tomorrow and every other day.

BackFire
Damn right, just had some today actually, could eat it again tommorw, and the next day, and the next day.

BullitNutz
Pizza's good.

Though not good enough to convince me to eat it more than once or twice a week. Never has. But then again, overly greasy stuff like that and fast food makes me a tad sick.

But then again perhaps that's why I never had acne. I think the danger of pubescent acne is gone for me, though, being 21 and all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.