Quicksilver Vs Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superman#1
Who is faster and who would win in a fight?

cosmicspidy9490
duhhhhhhhh the flash

Superman#1
I agree

ScarletSpider
Quicksilver can only get to the speed of sound. Flash can get to speeds approaching the speed of light. Because he's super uber annoyingly DC like that.

bardock
ben don before!!!

WarHulk980
Flash

wallywestthebes
well in the DC world quicksilver would get so torn up it wouldnt even be funny, but in the marvel world the flash cant tap into the speed force tere for has no where to get his speed

SUPERMANDAMAN
YEET

Mane
Quicksilver is stupid. his character is dryer than my grandma's buttcheeks.

bardock
i like him. this has been done before PLEASE CLOSE.

Magee
YES!!!!! Holy crap this has been done so many times, use the search button, top right and type in "flash vs quicksilver" mad

Ironman
i go for the flash. oh its the wally west version.

RobWolf27
Ok I am seeing if that that was a vote to have flash win in Dc Vs Marvel. So who wins?

spetznaz
The Flash: Has regularly ran at light speed, and in some occasions have surpassed this speed by merging with the Speed Force (being able to even transverse time, at first with a time-machine treadmill and later on just by simply speeding through it).
The speed of light in meters per second = 299 792 458 m / s.
QuickSilver: Normal speed 145-300 miles an hour, coming close to Mach speed with effort. After getting a speed-boost with Isotope-E he can now reach Mach 5-10 level speeds.
The speed of sound in meters per second = 340.29 m / s
The Flash could literally go home, take a bath, cook a meal, wash the dishes, feed the dog, feed the parakeets, circumnavigate the globe a couple hundred times, and learnt to speak Gujurati - all before QuickSilver could have run 10 miles.
This is not a competition.

RobWolf27
I thought quicksilver was as fast as lighting they show blueish white when he runs. And he hast a Lighting bolt on his costume. How fast is lighting?

spetznaz
Quicksilver is nowhere as fast as the flash. They are not even close.
The speed of light in miles per second is 186,000 miles per second.
The speed of sound on the other hand, in miles per second, is 0.2 miles per second (yep, that slow once you convert it to miles per second). Can you compare 186,000 miles per second with 0.2 miles per second?
You tell me, what chance would Quicksilver have.
BTW: Quicksilver cannot move as fast as lightning. Not even close.
According to the Marvel Directory he can:

Quicksilver has been timed at speeds of up to 175 miles per hour, approximately three times faster than the fastest land animal, the cheetah. He has sufficient energy reserves to enable him to run at this average speed for about four hours, whereupon he must reduce his speed, replenish his body's store of energy, or do both. .
I believe the Hulk can run faster than that.
Later on he came in contact with Isotope-E, which now enables him to reach Mach speed.
You asked for the speed of lightning. The speed of lightning, that oscillates around 93,000 miles per second.
That is almost as fast as the speed of light (although almost is relative since there is a big difference in the actual speeds). And again, QuickSilver cannot run as fast as lightning.

RobWolf27
Ok Thank you. They should changeQuicksilver's costume then. Put a car on it because that is how fast he is. he's as fast as automobile. Flash would win if that's the case.

spetznaz
He's currently faster than an automobile. Faster than many jets even. But he might as well be standing still when compared to the Flash.

spetznaz
Also note that DC always over-powers their characters. For example in JLA:Trial By Fire the Flash evacuated a whole Korean city by taking the people in ones and twos to a nearby hill. He did this in 0.0001 of a second ......just after a nuclear bomb detonated!
Evacuating a whole city, by taking the people in ones and twos, in a fraction of a second, and taking them far enough to be safe from an exploding nuclear missile.
QuickSilver could never DREAM of doing that.

spetznaz
By the way this excerpt i got from another source might help. It shows a ranking of speedsters based on top speeds as well as operational speeds. (By the way, there are at least 10 more other speeders i can think of - 8 of them being connected to the Speed force - that were not included, but this list is basically quite complete).
BTW: QuickSilver is not to be found anywhere. He just doesn't have the oomph to even register when compared to some of these guys.
P.s: Here is another site that has a list of speedsters connected to the speedforce (it even shows a gif of the race between the Flash and QuickSilver .....which the Flash won easy). The URL for the site is: http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/wally.html
Anyways, here is the copied list of speedsters + explanations:

TOP SPEEDS
Nothing but running the fastest.

1. Wally
2. Barry
3. Max
4. Bart
5. Savitar
6. Zoom II
7. Superman
8. Jay
9. Jesse Quick

Explanation:
The Ultimate measures of speed are:
1. Crossing the Speed Force barrier.
2. Beating Instantaneous Travel.

Wally's done both (for the second, refer to "The Human Race" arc). Barry's done it ONCE (before he died, entering the Speed Force and becoming the lightning bolt that caused his accident). Max is able to bounce off the Speed Force barrier at will and break the Time Travel barrier. Bart was able to bring Max to the Speed Force barrier and fight Inertia there. Savitar, despite his mastery of Speed Force powers, couldn't came up against the barrier once, and only broke through with help. Outside of travelling in the Speed Force, we're talking about real-world operational speeds, where Zoom is king, followed by Superman (capable of breaking the light-speed barrier like Jay, just not the Speed Force barrier). Jay, AFAIK, has only ever broken into the Speed Force with help from Wally. When he raced Superman recently, he would have lost on stamina if he hadn't stolen Superman's speed. AFAIK, Jesse never made it into the Speed Force dimension without Wally.

Edit: To clarify Jay and Jesse have made it into the Speed Force before (while Wally wasn't immediately present), however this is akin to Wally's powers as Kid Flash when Barry was present. An on-going theory was that Barry subconsciously streamed Speed Force to Wally when he was Kid Flash, part of the explanation for why Wally lost a lot of his power upon Barry's death.

OPERATING SPEED
A list of the fastest speedsters without crossing over into the Speed Force dimension:

1. Zoom II
2. Wally
3. Superman/Barry/Savitar
4. Bart/Max/Jay/Jesse

While still operating in our world (not entering into the Speed Force), Zoom's the fastest... however it's hard to say whether his form of "speed" counts. Wally, when completely mainlining the Speed Force (Formula included), was able to match Zoom, if only temporarily. Barry and Savitar have base-line operating speeds equal to Wally not completely mainlining. Superman is on their level, but ONLY flying intergalatically in space. On the ground, Superman has slower operating speeds for 2 reasons: 1. He has no aura to protect the world from him (his speed would damage the planet). 2. His response times aren't as fast making it hard to call it "operating" speed. The remaning speedsters are all about on par, off a little due to things like age, experience, etc.

nigel45
That's an interesting list. Something always told me Barry was faster than Wally, but it appears that wasn't true.

spetznaz
Wally is the fastest. But Barry comes close. After all he is the only other person (apart from Barry) to be able to both break into the speed barrier, as well as (and this is the big thing) run fast enough to beat instantaneous travel. Think about that - running so fast that he'd beat a person who could teleport instantly.
The only way of doing that is to reach your destination BEFORE you left. Like leaving home to go to the airport at 9.00, and getting to the airport at 8.30 - before you left home.
Barry basically became the lightning bolt that hit his lab in the past, meaning he gave birth to his carrier as the Flash himself.
But Wally is faster. According to some arcs he has been considered an actual God of speed, and has had abilities that could give Asgardians a serious headache.
Oh, and he also outrun death til the end of time.

norrin radd
please someone erase this

Draco69
ditto

Lord-of-Dreams
Wow. Someone has doen their homework... I came here to just say that the flash could run home, cook a meal, wash the dishes.... before Quicksilver got his boots on...

The Flash
Is this a joke thread?

juggernaut74
Ever think Marvel underpowers their charcters?

spetznaz
Marvel under powers most of their 'everyday' characters, while DC overpowers them.
But when it comes to exotics (eg Thanos, Eternity, Death, whoever-is-currently-wearing-the-infinity-gauntlet-or-carrying-the-HOTU) then Marvel just becomes plain silly.
There is always complaining that DC overpowers its characters - and in a way it does from Superman DOWN. But above that the power levels are not as insane.
However Marvel has too many characters with universe destroying powers. It seems as if every year Marvel releases another character with at least galaxy destroying powers.
At least DC stops at Superman and the JLA. Marvel goes gung-ho crazy with everyone above Thor.

juggernaut74
That is my point. Marvel fans need to realize that.

ayjay
the flash is too stupidly fast....outrunning death....running faster than instantaneous travel....he's too powerful to make his comics interesting....cos u'd just keep thinking...really...he could just wipe everything out with that sorta speed....

Swanky-Tuna
Flash couldn't go home and cook anything. The cooking process would take too long.

juggernaut74
Yea and guys like Thanos and Galactus could destroy the galaxy with the blink of an eye. What sounds a little more insane running really fast or destroying galaxies with the blink of an eye.

spetznaz
Heat is nothing more than vibrating molecules. The Flash could cook dinner for half a continent at some of the speeds he moves at.
He could go home and cook a meal, among other things, before QuickSilver had even taken half a breath.

spetznaz
True. Marvel has some characters that make Pre-Crisis Supes look like an underpowered weakling. But most people always focus on DC's JLA, yet ignore Marvel's several heralds of Galactus, and a whole host of similarly over-powered beings and what-not.

Swanky-Tuna
He'd probably burn it or blow it up. And you know it'd taste funny.

Draco69
This has to be the only thread here where EVERYONE agrees. It's a miracle.

srankmissingnin
I agree that Quicksilver has no chance in hell of winning this at all but now I'm wondering how fast he is...

Northstar speed is Mach 10 max (I think) and Magneto commented that he wasn't as close as Quicksilver... in fact the way he said it made it seem like there was a substantial gap between the two.

nigel45
Haha. I love how this thread has gone from Flash vs. Quicksilver to Marvel vs. DC to Flash vs. cooking dinner and back again.

IRTMU-Dragon
The Flash is 10 times quicksilvers speed.

I hate DC.... I hate DC... I hate to vote for Flash...

sad* Im sorry!

The Flash
Why do you hate DC? Is it because they 'over power' their superheroes? If you hate 'over powered' superheroes so much, then explain to me why you like The Mask?

spetznaz
I know what you mean. I used to think DC was over-powered until i realized just how many of Marvel's characters are ridiculously over-powered. In DC the 'extra-added' powers are basically the JLA downwards. In Marvel it is the opposite: anyone above Thor is just over-powered to a stupid level.
Think of it. We have Thanos, Terrax, Morg, Silver Surfer, Franklin Richards (geez - a kid that can create pocket universes), Galactus, Eternity, and a whole list of other characters who would could crush Pre-Crisis Superman. Even Marvel's Gladiator is simply a clone of Superman ....that is pre-Crisis Superman.
I saw a list that showed Marvel characters that are able to scourge a planet sized object, and that list had over 25 characters. DC does not even come close. With PRe-Crisis Superman destroyed years ago that level of power was more or less laid to rest.
But most Marvel people will always say DC is overpowered (i evne used to believe that, even quite recently, until i realized that it was Marvel that was overpowered).

Lord-of-Dreams
Wow.Ilike you. You always close every window of arguement. So from now on, I will look for all spetznaz posts,and agree lol wink

IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask was never over-powered, thats who he is, A god with no point of life, sealed inside a mask.

I hate DC because DC is just stupid, there second to marvel and all there heroes are like, overpowered behemoths. I mean come on. Superman? Hes pretty gay, Green lantern can like do ANYTHING with that ring, The flash running light speed, or near? Come on, DC is just way to far-fetched.

nigel45
That depends on your definition of TOO far-fetched. And besides, that's what comic books are. Would you say that a guy could realistically be bitten by a radioactive spider, and gain a perfect mix of its abilities so he can fight super-villains? Come on, all comic books are far-fetched. And why do people give guys like Flash and Superman crap for being exceptionally high powered? Is there like a set level of power that all superheroes have to be under for them to be concerned realistic or worthwhile? If you like Marvel that's fine. If you hate DC that's fine too. But don't say that DC is stupid because it's more popular heroes can beat Marvel's more popular heroes.

spetznaz
Marvel has around 10 stupidly over-powered Characters for every one DC has.
For example, you mentioned the Green Lanterns. Ok, let us take the two most powerful GLs ever. Parallax and Ion. In DC they are among the most powerful since they can undo a universe.
Ok, let's look at Marvel. How many people can do the same? Many. Ranging from children (eg Franklin Richards, who could do that before he could freakin' crawl), to weird entities (eg the Phoenix force), to cosmic energies (eg Death, Eternity, Galactus), to whoever the heck currently has the Infinity Gauntlet (to the effect that Thanos with the IG is more powerful that the cosmic entities mentioned), to whoever is holding the Heart of the Universe (apparently speedy Gonzalez with the HOTU could destroy the world), to whichever herald Galactus has currently favors (well, they may not be able to destroy universes but they could give PRE-CRISIS Superman hell on Earth).
Geez, evne Spider-man .....FREAKING SPIDERMAN- was overpowered when they made him ....lol .....'cosmic.'
And to the mantra that DC had Pre-Crisis Superman i have a retort .....what the heck is Marvel's Gladiator anyways! He is not only a ripoff, but he is a ripoff of PRe-Crisis superman. Flying through stars and handling planets and such.
Yet he is never mentioned when people are stuck on Pre-Crisis moaning.
Even the Telepaths. Generally DCs Martian Manhunter is stronger than Xavier .....but every now and then Xavier, who normally can only touch a few minds without the use of Cerebra/Cerebro/whatever-version-he-is-using-now, can suddenly touch the mind of his far-off love in the Shiar galaxy. Sheesh!
Anyways, it is normally said that it is DC that overpowers its characters. But honestly it is Marvel. Anyone above Thor is given ridiculously potent powers.
DC learnt after the whole Pre-Crisis fiasco - Marvel still operates under 'the more galaxy destroying characters we have the better.'
It is Marvel that is overpowered.

juggernaut74
I see I am not alone in this battle.

kgkg
I agree with spetznaz that marvel has over powered it's character , which causes every little conflic like common who can(and willing ) to stop galactus etc. , and everyone galctus creates are supermans level and higher.

Superman is one of the strongest heros of DC , but i see what IRTMU-Dragon also DC have stonger heroes that marvel earth heros (like spider-man , FF4 , X-men , it's like superman alone can take them all on.) But that is chaging like of franklin are chaing earth shit too.

IRTMU-Dragon
Whats DC's explinations of there heroes? Not well thought out and crappy.

Superman. Man from the stars.
Green lantern, magic ring.

Uhh... thats all the heroes from gayC I know... I mean DC.

The Flash
X-Men, were born like that.
Spider-Man, bitten with a radioactive spider.
The Mask, a magical mask.

These sure are great explanations.

juggernaut74
Green Lantern has a whole story behind it. So does Superman. I dont get what you are trying to say.

Lord-of-Dreams
F4: Flew into a magical star...
Juggy: Found a magic rock thing...
Daredevil: Crazy potion sprade in his eyes...
Theres no arguement there, you see. And at least DC has substance. For instance, GL's ring doesn't work forever. Sups has a huge weakness that everybody knows about. See my point? Both sides have... 'flaws' (not exactly flaws, but I'm sure you all understand).

spetznaz
Marvel has always had more asinine origin stories for its characters.
Let's see:
Spiderman: Bitten by a radioactive spider, and from the bite develops the relative strength, speed and dexterity as a spider (at least in the movie they had sense to make it bio-enginereed). Either way it is silly.
Ego the Living Planet: Well, the name speaks for itself. A 'living planet.' Hmmm, next!
DareDevil: Blinded by a chemical spill in his eyes. This made his other senses obviously better since he would rely on them and not his sight. If they stopped there it would be alright, and he would have been perfect. But they had to go ahead and say that the chemical after him by giving him a 'radar sense.' Why they did not stop at better hearing and smell but had to go to 'radar senses' is beyond me.
Thor: A Norse God.
Hercules: Greek mythology.
Fantastic Four: Four people fly through a cosmic storm, and instead of being irradiated to death they turn into a person able to turn into flame, one able to stretch like a rubber-band, one able to turn invisible, and another who is living rock. No explanation on how it happened apart from 'they flew through a cosmic storm.'
Hulk: Dude stands at the epicenter of a detonating gamma source, and instead of being killed is transformed into a green beast with UNLIMITED strength.
Juggernaut: Homie finds a rock. The rock is actually a gem. The gem is actually the home of an outer-dimension deity. The deity is named Cyttorak, and he grants our homie the power to be a living Juggernaut. UNSTOPPABLE (unless, ofcourse, the Hulk turns into an even STRONGER version that can drop kick the Marko).
Onslaught: Hey .....why not have a trapped consciousness take over the abilities of its former body (magneto) and its current body prison (Xavier) and become the 'greatest threat to face the world.'
Galactus: Galaan of Taa. Sole survivor of a dead universe. Although born a humanoid he is transformed by the Watchers into a PLANET-CONSUMING entity.

LEt me say at least DC is more sensible. Some DC examples below:

Superman: Survivor of an exploding world that somehow uses solar energy to fuel his metabolism-based powers.
Batman: Rich child who uses his rage to train himself in the martial systems for years, detective work for years more, and fights crime. Anyone can be Batman with enough training and a huge bank account .....well, maybe not. But it is at least better than trying to stand in the middle of a Gamma test-site ala Hulk.
Green Lantern: Recepient of a ring from the Oans - a group of aliens. The ring is actually extremely advanced technology- not magic. And anyways it is better than a humanoid being transformed into an eater of planets.

Anyways, my point is that Marvel has some of the weirdest origin stories, especially when compared to DC. Some of Marvel's origin stories are just plain ridiculous ....even for a comic book.

Ironman
dc isnt gay but marvel has better chracters more fans and more licences do yuo see a gl movie noooo you see a hulk movie elektra spiderman fantastic four captain america, on on on. but do you see a hmmm hold on well i am gonna quit i am done.

juggernaut74
The tide is about to turn. DC has Batman, Superman and Constantine movies coming out soon. And the Flash is green lighted as well.

Draco69
And Wonder Woman. Demi Moore was asked to play her.

srankmissingnin
The only thing that can be said about the up coming DC movies is that they will be better then Catwoman... but hell even Elektra was better then Catwoman.

Greek or Norse god is a much better angle then an Alien solar battery... thats just silly.

Swanky-Tuna
Superman: A near human-like alien that gains god-like strength, speed, endurance, and durability from solar radiation.
Batman: A rich guy who's the best at everything and knows twice as much.
Green Lantern: I like their origin.

spetznaz
DC origins are still more realistic than Marvel origins. And by far.
Superman may gain strength from the sun ....but that is just a tangent off photosynthesis. Plants, and many forms of bacteria, gain sustenance from the sun.
Hence Superman's solar charging has a realistic bent (even though no plant ever flew at light speed LOL).
Compare that with almost any Marvel origin.
This is obviously comics, and thus out of the ordinary tales are canon in both houses, but Marvel consistently has some rather peculiar origins.

spetznaz
Batman Begins will give Spiderman a run for its money once it comes out.
And if they get their act right the new Superman coming out less than 2 years from now should also be good.

nigel45
"Whats DC's explinations of there heroes? Not well thought out and crappy.

Superman. Man from the stars.
Green lantern, magic ring.

Uhh... thats all the heroes from gayC I know... I mean DC."

Wow, you're really clever.

Marvel has some 'out there' characters, origins, etc. and so does DC. It seems like most Marvel fans readily insult DC while most DC fans have at least a level of respect for Marvel. That's my opinion, obviously not fact. If I had to guess why things are this way, I would say that the more popular Marvel characters (Spiderman, Hulk, X-men) would almost definitely lose to some of the more popular DC characters (i.e. Superman). Then that leads to "DC overpowers their characters" and eventually "GayC...I mean DC"

Swanky-Tuna
Where some origins make perfect sense at one point, it usually blows it in another. Processing the solar radiation is fine but gaining the ability to push a planet? That blows the realism out of the water. It's the same with Hulk.

He can do it because he's a solar battery? Fine. How does his body handle storing and processing this energy? You'd think he'd be glowing or in a huge amount of pain. I know he has glowed after flying through the sun or something but with that kind of energy, he should be lit up like a christmas tree.

spetznaz
DC even thought of that one.
According to them it is his bio-energy field (the one millimeters from his skin) that keeps him from glowing.
Again, it is still in comics so things do not need to meet exacting physics standards, but DC at the very least makes a serious effort.
Let's see how Marvel explains Franklin Richards being able to create 'pocket universes.'
Or how a living planet (eg Ego the Living Planet) can come to be.

The Flash
Explain how Hulk destroyed an asteroid twice earth's size without much effort.

Lord-of-Dreams
Neither side is scientifically perfect, but I think that DC just tries harder to keep it relitively sound.
The X-men just ARE powerful.
Spiderman was bittin by a radioactive spider, and given perfect regulations of it's powers.
I like both comics, but there's no point in argueing about which makes more sense, 'cause neither is perfect.

DarkCrawler
Lol, USA bombs their enemies with that...they turn into army of Hulks and destroy USA.

juggernaut74
who the hell voted for Quicksilver. I bet it was one of the narrow minded fanboys.

IRTMU-Dragon
Wow, Spetznaz...

You need to get the crap off these boards, because the majority is marvel, why are you here?

Im almost sick... I cant read that much bashing and sarcasm in a post about marvel.

Swanky-Tuna
I might of voted Quicksilver. Just to throw off the percent probably. It could of been another thread though.

Anyway, Franklin Richards indeed has no real reason to be so powerful.

And I agree with Lord of Dreams for Spiderman's powers being perfect. He's powerful but not so powerful as to be completely untouchable by conventional weapons.

I guess I just don't like characters with no weakness. They're boring. Yeah, I like Juggernaut but he's got strengths and weaknesses. He's not trying to be Mr. Superman Greenjeans... or Purplejeans... shut up.

IRTMU-Dragon
Who?

Me?

ZephroCarnelian
Spidey does have a perfect balance of powers - not invincible, but enough to make a mockery of any 'thuggish' bad guys who need taking down a peg or two.

N out of Quicksilver or Flash, I dunno who voted for Quicksilver lol.

Flash will kick his ass so fast he'd feel it before the fight even began.

spetznaz
Hey, the truth is the truth.
I love Marvel as much as I love DC. Infact i'm always torn between Marvel's Black Panther and DC's Batman, and most of my rarer collections are infact Marvel books.
The fact still remains that Marvel's origin stories are just totally skewed when it comes to their reality basis. Obviously DC is also a comic, and thus has some 'interesting' origins, but at least DC strives to stick as close to 'reality' as they can. Marvel on the other hand just says Franklin can create pocket universes - end of story. Or Galaan was made into Galactus, an eater of planets - end of story. Or Banner was caught in a gamma detonation, and instead of dying became a crushing monster - end of story (at least in the movie they tried to say it was a mix of the gamma radiation vs nanites, but in the comics it was just cut and paste).
DC tries to have some logical coherence, at least when compared to Marvel.
And as for the 'DC overpowers its characters' argument that is also false. Marvel has a whole list of characters that are just silly in terms of strength. The thing about DC is that everyone always goes back to the Pre-Crisis Superman (which was like decades ago); or they say that if a DC character (eg Flash) beats a popular Marvel character (eg Quicksilver).
What's funny is that when the Hulk (who has UNLIMITED atrength) beats someone Marvel people do not say a thing.
When Franklin creates a pocket universe they just say how cool that was.
When Rogue starts getting all sorts of powers it is taken as ok (last time i checked she had Magneto's power of the EM spectrum, plus Wolverines ADAMANTIUM claws - how the heck did she acquire those?).
And talking about pre-crisis Supes. Just exactly who is Marvel's Gladiator? He is an overt rip-off of PRe-Crisis Supes (lets see: he is an alien who came to the Shiar universe, he has many superman like strengths, his weaknesses are to 'radiation,' he has flown through stars and moved planets etc). He is Marvel's pre-crisis Superman. At least DC had the sense to stop pre-crisis years ag0 ....Marvel still makes do with the Supes clone.
OR when SPiderman is made into a cosmic entity no one bats an eyelid.
And one name: Thanos. Without the IG or HOTU he is almost unbeatable, give him either and he becomes ridiculous.
However, if any DC character wins it is because 'DC overpowers its characters.'
I love both houses more or less equally, but many Marvel fanboys on this (and other) forums are just hypocrites.
It is Marvel that is overpowered, and Marvel that has more 'inspired' (LOL read: what the heck!) origin stories.
And that is just the truth. And just because the majority of the posters may (or may not) be Marvel fans doesn't change it one bit.

nigel45
Hey, from what I've seen, spetznaz has been objective and reasonable in his responses to this debate. I haven't spotted even the suggestion of bashing or sarcasm. You, on the other hand, have been bashing the hell out of DC. Hypocritical?

Tron
You all make good points, but stay on topic in this thread.

And ironman, you probably don't see that many DC movies because Time Warner owns the rights on them and is the only company that does anything with them, they're all under Warner Bros.

juggernaut74
Your right Tron but they are coming.

Lord-of-Dreams
Yep!! They sure are. But I wanna see a Flash vs. Quicksilver flick! Show the whole world how badly Flash could kick Quicksilver's hide!!!!

RobWolf27
Pietro Maximoff is a mutant who can think and move at superhuman speeds; his entire body is adapted to the rigors of life in the fast lane. Quicksilver's powers of acceleration make possible any number of feats: He has dodged machinegun fire, created cyclone-like gusts of wind, sprinted up the sides of buildings and run across bodies of water. Since his abilities were fully awakened by the High Evolutionary's Isotope E, he no longer knows the upper limits of speed.

- Superhuman speed OK A car goes 175 miles per hour and it can't run across bodies of water. So quicksilver has to be faster than 175 miles per hour.

nigel45
A car is too big.

RobWolf27
He is now probably faster since this Isotope E thing. Maybe there is no more limits to the speed he can go but he hasn't unlocked his full potential yet. That sometimes how it is with mutants maybe anyways.

RobWolf27
Oh how fast does a bullet travel when its shot out of a gun? That's how fast they said superman was at first to .

nigel45
Ok, well the Flash can already move at around lightspeed. I can't imagine Quicksilver can run that fast (last I remember he was at about 300 mph, though that may have changed). If you want to talk limitless speed, Flash is the guy.

Cosmic Cube
There's no such thing as limitless speed. It can only go as fast as "instantaneous." Flash's speed isn't instantaneous, but he's a f*ckload faster than Quicksilver.

RobWolf27
I was just going by this ( Since his abilities were fully awakened by the High Evolutionary's Isotope E, he no longer knows the upper limits of speed.) I got this info from Marvel.com and what it sounds like to me he doesn't know the limits of speed. Meaning maybe he could go faster and if he got a level up to speak.

RobWolf27
Well you know at one time planes could only travel 500 to 600 mile per hour and that was a limit and then they broke it. Now how fast do you think Jets Go today? Oh also there is no suck thing as the Flash and quicksilver either.

Cosmic Cube
I know, I mean that there cannot be "limitless speed." You can only travel from one point to another as fast as 0.0 seconds (instantaneous.)

RobWolf27
a hundredth of a second 0.0 right or tenth or less right meaning 0 of second right ?

nigel45
What? Are you arguing their existence now?

I was thinking "limitless speed" in the sense that we can hardly comprehend how fast Flash can go.

Lord-of-Dreams
Heh. Flash is faster. I don't care what Quicksilver tapped into, cuz Flash also has a special thing that makes him fast. And Flash has complete control over speed itself. So Let us say for the sake of arguement that Flash isn't as fast. Even if Quicksilver is faster, he can't be somuch faster that Flash can't see him coming. So he runs at Flash... Flash drains all his speed and moves tothe side. Piettro flies intothe atmosphere and burns. Flash goes and buys a burger. big grin

srankmissingnin
Instantaneous speed would all be relative wouldn't it...

Scoobless
in actuality an average human would only have to run at 60mph or over to travel over water, it's all to do with how the weight is spread out and how long you are in contact with the surface, cars on the other hand weigh a sh*tload more and are spread out very differently plus the whole wheel thing works against them here

The Flash
There is a limit to Quicksilver's 'limitless speed.' If he even starts running near the speed of light the friction would burn his ass so bad that he will change his name to Quickblack. There is no speed force in the MU so Quicksilver will never go anywhere near Flash's speed.

goku-vs-superma
that is basically what it comes down to. but quicksilvers powers are part of him, u cant take away his mutation (as far as i know)! but im sure there is a way to take away the speed force from wally. if wally didn't have the speed force he could only go as fast as an olympic runner (if trains his HUMAN body to do so). soooo that means that his powers are conditional.

nigel45
Do you think Quicksilver could find a way to take away Flash's speed before he gets killed?

goku-vs-superma
hmmm i dont think so

nigel45
Neither do I.

RobWolf27
Well of course flash would win. I was never saying that quicksilver would win . All I was just saying that marvel comics if they put a lighting logo and show like Quicksilver is running lighting fast because They show stupid lighting when he is running, and really when he can only run 175 miles per hour or 300 miles per hour. I say that is stupid . Why not at least make him lighting fast.I Know that flash will still win even if he ran lighting fast.

nigel45
Well I imagine that they just made a lightning logo, lightning when he is running, etc. because it looks cool. I don't think they were trying to say he ran at the speed of lightning.

Tron
Yeah, it's like when someone puts lighting or anything like that on a car. There's not saying that it moves that fast, it's just a way of saying "it's fast", plain and simple.

hobbitx
If Marvel wud have tried to explain Franklin's power that wud be ridiculous. Bcoz they dont explain a power like that its not rididculous. Bcoz its a God like power. U cant explain why God is so powerful, can you.

And Flash vs Quicksilver wud depend on where the contest took place. Like in Avengers vs JLA, if it was in Marvel Universe Flash wud lose for there is no speed force

Swanky-Tuna
That would be like laying out tacks and making quicksilver go barefoot. With their powers in tact, Flash would win.

nigel45
Exactly.

Tormentor_2004
Can Quicksilver fight???

ebonyblade1
About the lightning you see when quicksilver and flash run, most of you have figured out that it's not lightning (since quicksilver can't run faster than lightning) It is suppose to be symbolic of the afterimage. At certain speeds we would see an after image of the two speedsters. and to be honest I needed to say that, because it is very annoying to see people who believe those streaks or lightning. Anyway I know quicksilver loss in that marvel vs dc thing but in all actuality quicksilver should own the flash. In marvel there is no speed force if flash was on quick's turf he would just be a regular guy in a suit. In dc there is a speed force but it would definitely recognize quicksilver for his natural speed. He should be even faster than wally if that is possible. If you recall max mercury was a pilot, breaking the speed of sound and that is how he got his power. Quicksilver would be in experience but he is a natural speedster. unlike all of dc speedsters, the speedforce may accept him and only him once he becomes part of it.

ebonyblade1
okay I take that back. I believe kid flash(impulse) and xs were born with there powers so they are natural speedsters or mutants.

JWangSDC
Quicksilver and the Flash are great examples of their universes.

In reality....if you account for everything (Trying to make it even) I'd say that the flash is still faster. Here's what i'm saying...

In the DC universe..speedsters are ridiculously fast and Wally West outclasses them all.

In the Marvel universe, Quicksilver is the quintessential speedster, you can't compare their EXACT speeds because they come from different universes. DC is clearly a universe that is more powerful in the number measurements...they do a good job in Avengers Vs JLA showing that the flash has NO speed in the marvel universe because there is no speed force.

anyway so what's my point? My point is just that even if Quicksilver were made in the DC universe, I think he'd still be slower than the flash...he's just not as talented. There's a whole big deal anyway...if flash waere really as fast as he is...he's clearly the greatest superhero ever. Who could defeat him in hand to hand combat? If he can think as fast as he moves...which he would have to be able to otherwise he'd run into shit all the time...that means we're moving ridiculously slow in his eyes. If darkseid tried to punch him it'd look like darkseid was taking 100000 hours just to punch him, and a punch from wally would be so diesel considering the speed it's going at.

That's why I just mean you can't really use the numbers...cuz they're bullshit. They're not real, cuz if they were a lot of other things would have to be adjusted.

JWangSDC
They were born w/ the power...but I wouldn't call them natrual or mutants. THey were just born w/ a connection. They are still linked to the speed force so they aren't natural, as opposed to say Superman. Whose speed is completely natural

Originally posted by ebonyblade1
okay I take that back. I believe kid flash(impulse) and xs were born with there powers so they are natural speedsters or mutants.

TraXtaRCR3
NO NO NO not another Flash vs someone thread
how many times must i come on these thing s and prove my point
that No one i mean no one is faster than Flash!

spetznaz:

thanks for puting out that info about hyperboria.com
i really apreciate you ruining it for the rest of us who knew about it and tried to keep it hush.

dude dont give away where you get your sources from!

oh and yea Flash would easily take out Quicksilver
its a proven fact .. just read Marvel vs DC + i honestly think that Flash was runnig slower just so Quicksilver could have a fighting chance cause Flash is alot faster than him.

Oh and Quicksilver isnt connected to the Speed Force its something else but not the Speed Force cause they dont have a SpeedForce in the Marvel Universe!

DrDoom
Flash would win every time...unless they were in the Marvel U.

DrDoom
Why does someone have to be a DC or Marvel fan?

I'm just a comic fan, and I know that almost every comic origin is waaay out there.

Pepito
Quicksilver probably will not win but he has just got a huge boost putting him above Prof Zoom's level. He is now more than the average dc speedster. Flash is still way faster but he needs to resist the call of the speed force below Pietro's upper limit so it all depends on whether he can resist it.

DrDoom
I don't think Quicksilver is faster than anyone connected to the speed force.

When did he get a power boost?

Fieldy69
a better match is flash vs aura

Fieldy69
they both go speed of light but of course everyone will say flash becuz he is actually a big name character

Cosmic Cube
Quicksilver does not go at the speed of light. The Flash is much faster than him.

Metalmanx
Okay, look. I love Quicksilver. He's my very favorite mutant/X-men there is. Super speed, to me, is the greatest superpower ever. But even I know when he is outmatched.

The Flash is just so much faster than him, it's not funny. The Flash does not even begin to make "crack!" (the sound of his speed) sound until he has finished with whatever objective he was going for. He has travelled FASTER than the speed of light! Quicksilver can surpass the speed of sound (the highest in his the Marvel Universe ), but that is absolutely nothing compared to light-speed.

Seriously, Pietro/Quicksilver is my favorite, but Flash just puts him to shame. He could stand there and still destroy Pietro.

The only arguement for Quicksilver is if the fight took place in the Marvel Universe, without the Speed Force. Then it's a very good chance that Pietro would win.

Unless of course, with some weird chanc that Quicksilver, too, merged with the Speed Force, it recognizing him as a natural speedster that needs to be part of it. It really just all depends.

But, under normal circumstances, Flash will just decimate Quicksilver. It pains me to say it, but it's true.

lil player007
who wins

Draco69
??

Flash

Magee
There is one of these every week lol. Flash wins!Think about it this way, its the simpilest:

Flash - Speed of Light
Quicksilver - Speed of Sound

DarkDethbringer
Quicksilver and if I were running this I nwould say you shaould do a race.

colossus17
flash....the only reason QS won in the crossover is because the deal that marvel had with DC to allow QS to win in a race with the flash...but for sups to beat thor...+its abvious the flash can move at above light speeds while quicksilver can only move at a few times above the speed of sound.

JWangSDC
Uhm QS only beat flash because flash was losing his powers.

Draco69
And Marvel was giving every advantage they could to the Avengers. Namely giving Iron Man a Mother Box and giving Scarlet Witch crazy powers.

What did the DC side get? Zip. Nada. It was obvious that they needed to boost their team.

colossus17
i am not saying they didnt.....but the if the race between flash and QS would occur in neitehr DC nor marvel universe..its abvious the flash would win......comparing QS to the flash is like comparing regular humans to QS

Hulk Power
Who do you think would win in a fight? I'm going for Quicksilver because I like Marvel better than DC. Even though i dont really like Quicksilver that much. So anyways who do you think would win in a race and at fighting?starwars

Cosmic Cube
lol, this has been done. Quicksilver would lose. He isn't fast enough.

kgkg
Has been done

Flash wins while he is sleeping

Cosmic Cube
At least he's honest.

kgkg
Quicksilver said he will learn to master the Speed Force (JLA/av) crossover

We will have to see LMAO

But for real he is fine the way he is Light speed is pretty stupid for someone who can't fly, or space travel.

long pig
They both suck.
Flash just sucks faster.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
They both suck.
Flash just sucks faster.

ROFL laughing

kgkg
Runner is da best

nigel45
Originally posted by Hulk Power
I'm going for Quicksilver because I like Marvel better than DC.?starwars

Haha. Excellent reasoning there.

Hulk Power
I don't get it. What do you mean by "Haha. Excellent reasoning there." It makes sense, I am rooting for Quicksilver because he is from marvel and I prefer marvel characters over D.C. characters. What is wrong with my reasoning in me saying that? no no

MrHeavySilence
Quicksilver = Sound Barrier. Flash = Past speed of light.

BOOYAH

Flash > Quick to back down

ZephroCarnelian
Nothing wrong with posting for your favourite Hulk Power.

It's just, you're not gonna win any debates that way, lol.

Flash would win this. He's about... *quick calculations* 900,000 times faster than Quicksilver.

Flash could play with Quicksilver like a young boy poking a dead bird with a stick.

Wickerman
Originally posted by long pig
They both suck.
Flash just sucks faster.

thumb up you sir have my respect thumb up

~wickerman~

nigel45
I don't get it. What do you mean by "Haha. Excellent reasoning there." It makes sense, I am rooting for Quicksilver because he is from marvel and I prefer marvel characters over D.C. characters. What is wrong with my reasoning in me saying that? no no

What's wrong with your reasoning? Do you think that simply because you like a character more they can beat someone who's better than they are? no no

I don't care if you're rooting for him, but that's nto really a good basis for saying he'll win. Understand?

whirlysplat
big grinOriginally posted by Hulk Power
Who do you think would win in a fight? I'm going for Quicksilver because I like Marvel better than DC. Even though i dont really like Quicksilver that much. So anyways who do you think would win in a race and at fighting?starwars

Hulk Power
Originally posted by nigel45
What's wrong with your reasoning? Do you think that simply because you like a character more they can beat someone who's better than they are? no no

I don't care if you're rooting for him, but that's nto really a good basis for saying he'll win. Understand?

I'm not saying that because I like Quicksilver better than Flash, he is going to win. I'm just saying that I would go for Quicksilver better than Flash but if Quicksilver does lose, its alright no harm done. I know you are just trying to make me look like an idiot but you're more of an idiot because you don't seem to comprehend my point. You should look at things from a different point-of-view and not be so narrow minded. mad

whirlysplat
big grin

I'm not saying that because I like Quicksilver better than Flash, he is going to win. I'm just saying that I would go for Quicksilver better than Flash but if Quicksilver does lose, its alright no harm done. I know you are just trying to make me look like an idiot but you're more of an idiot because you don't seem to comprehend my point. You should look at things from a different point-of-view and not be so narrow minded. mad

IRTMU-Dragon
They Both Suck, I agree with long pig.

The Mask would just walk in and kill them both.

Swanky-Tuna
But it's against the rules to debate from the standpoint that you like one better than the other.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
But it's against the rules to debate from the standpoint that you like one better than the other.

big grin

IRTMU-Dragon
It is, Swanky? I better leave town.

teddygreen17
I asked my friend the same thing and here's what he said.

Flash can revirberate through walls and people!
Magg's son - uh, no!

whirlysplat
Is your friend older than you? big grinOriginally posted by teddygreen17
I asked my friend the same thing and here's what he said.

Flash can revirberate through walls and people!
Magg's son - uh, no!

nigel45
I'm not saying that because I like Quicksilver better than Flash, he is going to win.

"I'm going for Quicksilver because I like Marvel better than DC." Now what part of that is not implying that you think Quiksilver would win simply because you like his company more?

I know you are just trying to make me look like an idiot but you're more of an idiot because you don't seem to comprehend my point.

Not once was I actually attempting to make you look like an idiot. Relax.

And if you'll care to look back to the first page of this thread, you'll notice that just about everyone got the same impression that you gave me.

You should look at things from a different point-of-view and not be so narrow minded. mad

Narrow minded? Concerning what? I should immediately know what you meant to say instead of reading what you actually said?

Again, relax. I knew you were a new member so I was trying to help you realize that most of the time in these battles you have to look beyond your own personal interest in order to have an engaging debate. There's no reason to get angry.

Bialaska
Since they're running on completely different scales for speed, Flash would win. Superman and several other DCers are that much faster than Quicksilver, simply because Marvel and DC aren't always going on the same powerscale.

ALEMASTER
WHOS FASTER

Zahit
They are both dwarfed in speed by a bad oily burrito going through you...

Hulk Power
It's been done before and the Flash wins this easily. The Flash moves at the speed of light while Quicksilver only moves at the speed of sound. The Flash would run cirlces around Quicksilver. Quicksilver is fast but compared to Flash he's slower than a snail.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>