What do you think ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Camo Di Mass
Could Episode III be something more then just a great movie for us , real Star Wars Fans but also for those people who heard of Star Wars but didn't really like prequels ..I'm talking here about something like in 70's when first star wars films came out and everyone went mad about them . Could something like this happen now with Revenge Of The Sith ? It would be cool because we always believed in those movies ...

Batman316
first things first

lets just hope it is a great movie for us and worry about the Trekkies later.

DeVi| D0do
wow... this really needed its own thread didn't it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

aj_vader
i think we shouldnt get our hopes up about episode III, coz we could be let down, but its highly unlikey after wot weve seen with the trailers and all.... but then the trailers for episode 1 and 2 looked gd, but the movies didnt reflect that

umraan
no i dont think it will happen. it might because of all the duels and shit. i hope!!

Red Superfly
No, because this is the end of an era.

Star Wars was something completely new and something nobody had seen before, or it was a new take on existing themes and sci-fi that no-one else could have imagined. It was a huge kick in the teeth for everyone.

Now, Star Wars is just "there". It isn't the new guy in town anymore. It's great, but it's just merely accepted. It'll be a hit, yeah, but I seriously doubt it will cause the same amount of stir that the OT did.

macgeek2005
Anybody who used to think "oh, star wars? sure i'll go and see it" will now be like "OMG, STAR WARS RULES"

Mist
most people now go 'oh. another star wars film........well, i hope it isnt as sh*t as the last few...'

but ill be the one laughing at those fools when i see rots...yes....its mine....all mine.....mwahahahaha!

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Mist
most people now go 'oh. another star wars film........well, i hope it isnt as sh*t as the last few...'

Pretty much everyone I know has said that. Too many were burned with the last two, three could be great, but the hype isn't as big as it COULD have been.

Mist
hopefully people have seen the trailers and can at least muster up a few ounces of anticipation...

Red Superfly
Yeah, the same poeple who say "I hope its better than the last two crap ones" (everyone) who have also seen the trailer have said "wow this one actually looks good".

I think it's Darth Vader's mask that's doing it. Half the people who saw the trailer said "thank God he hasn't changed Vader".

So maybe it's just relief that Vader hasn't been screwed with. Shows how much faith people have in Lucas these days lol.

Darth_Janus
Yeah, really. Seems like Lucas just started throwing in whatever in the prequels. So far they haven't lived up to the originals. Episode III looks damn good from the trailer. I mean, the trailer got my blood pumping. But it has a lot of disappointment to work past because of TPM and AOTC.

Red Superfly
I think if Lucas just made this film, without I and II, the hype would have been phenominal.

And to be fair, people just don't want to be screwed again. Why should they get all hyped up over a film made by someone who they don't have faith in anymore? It's all down to the track record. Episode III deserves the hype based on the last two performances.

The thing is, I'm pretty damn sure Darth Vader, the suit and everything about him is a big deal with the hype surrounding this movie. It is being marketed as "the return of Vader". Everything about this film is about Vader, really.

Now, considerring Vader, fully suited is in it for only a fraction of the movie, and doesn't even DO anything of significance is dangerous in my opinion.

I'm sure I'm not the only who thinks there will be countless negative reviews and dissapointment based on Vader's hype and eventual performance in the movie.

That's how I felt when I found out about it. What about the unspoiled masses? How will they feel when they get to see Vader gearring up for action, and the damn movie ends? I have a very bad feeling about this.

Darth_Janus
Have a vendor selling copies of A New Hope on DVD right outside the theatres. That'll help.

Red Superfly
Yep, I guess so.

I guess the flip side of the coin is that, at it's worst, it'll make people say "man, I'm gonna go watch the old ones and watch Darth Vader" which is always good.

Darth_Janus
Right. And then when they watch the old ones and see just how much you can do with so little, they'll become angry and bitter... and spend many dollars on therapy, thus jumpstarting the economy.

Like Kreia says, ripples in a pond make great waves...

El_NINO
Something tells me people think Vader will actually do something in this film.............. uh its only a 2 hour and 30 min film?!?!?!?!?!?!

Darth_Janus
It's that short? They had how long to work on this?

Cheesiness
I don't think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.