This is Weird

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Luke
In episode VI, Leia says she only remembers a bit of her mother (padme) but in episode III padme dies straight after birth, thats weird

Darth_Vader05
The force is strong with the Skywalker family that is why she rememers Padme but Luke was taken away from Padme at birth and Leia got to stay with Bail so Bail probably told Leia about Padme....

Darth Luke
yeah but i think leia says about her looks, i cant remember i only watched it a couple of days ago lol

12345m
Originally posted by Darth_Vader05
The force is strong with the Skywalker family that is why she rememers Padme but Luke was taken away from Padme at birth and Leia got to stay with Bail so Bail probably told Leia about Padme....

dout it he had 3pos memory wiped to not say anythin

Darth Luke
see i proved a point, i guess GL missed something

vanyoda
LUKE:
Leia... do you remember your mother? Your
real mother?

LEIA:
Just a little bit. She died when I was very
young.

LUKE:
What do you remember?

LEIA:
Just...images, really. Feelings.

LUKE:
Tell me.

LEIA:
She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad.
Why are you asking me all this?

LUKE:
I have no memory of my mother. I never knew
her.

Couldn't Leia be talking about Bail's wife?Maybe this Queen of
Alderaan dies sometime later in Leia's childhood.

12345m
Originally posted by vanyoda
LUKE:
Leia... do you remember your mother? Your
real mother?

LEIA:
Just a little bit. She died when I was very
young.

LUKE:
What do you remember?

LEIA:
Just...images, really. Feelings.

LUKE:
Tell me.

LEIA:
She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad.
Why are you asking me all this?

LUKE:
I have no memory of my mother. I never knew
her.

Couldn't" Leia be talking about Bail's wife?Maybe this Queen of
Alderaan dies sometime later in Leia's childhood.

it's possible

Captain REX
Whereas Luke says "real mother." Leia knows she's been adopted.

Darth Luke
yeah he has a point there

* she died when i was very young * she was 30 seconds old lol

Red Superfly
Oh God not this discussion AGAIN!

It's a plot hole. Again.

ApolloX
she felt padme through the force.

Darth Luke
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Oh God not this discussion AGAIN!

It's a plot hole. Again.

i guess it has been posted before then, sorry sad

umraan
they made a force connection which allowed that memory to be like stained to her mind.

Darth Mantis
Like a grass stain?

Darth Mantis
Just kidding...

J-Unit
Who Is The Oldest Luke Or Leia...If It Was Leia Then Padme Maybe Was Alive At The Time That She Gave Birth To Luke The Second Time....There Is A Few Children In The Real World That Has Memories Of When They Were Born

Darth Luke
luke wasa born, i can remember something being said 'little sister'

Red Superfly
Originally posted by J-Unit
There Is A Few Children In The Real World That Has Memories Of When They Were Born

Yeah, and they're usually the ones who were abducted by aliens and make crop circles in their spare time.

It's a plothole seriously. This "force imprinting" is bullshit.

Here: Leia is born after Luke - nice one Lucas

So yeah, Lucas makes it fun for everyone. roll eyes (sarcastic)

.:Space Opera:.
knowing lucas, there'll prolly be a shot of baby leia glancing up into padme's eyes just before she dies so that can somehow be justified as leia being able to remember her face slightly, and posibly the force made the connecion stronger or whatever.

Red Superfly
Yep, it is Star Wars after all, where rabid fans will come up with the most absurd rationalisations in order to cover a basic and pretty damn ugly plothole.

Leia's eye's won't be working properly anyway. So her looking at Padme would do nothing, she won't be able to see for something until a good week has passed.

It's a sucky situation. If Padme dies with Leia in her arms, then maybe I'd accept a "powerful force imprint" on Leia. I'll admit Lucas is in a crappy situation with this one, but there were always better ways to tell this story and not have this hole.

I bet he wishes he never had Leia say those lines in ROTJ. I can see him cutting out that scene in future editions, replacing them with CGI Jar Jar doing the tango with Yoda's ghost.

Andrew McLeod
IMPRINTING

Children know their mothers well within the first 30 seconds of being born. Just to be held would be enough. With the force involved she'd sense that sadness in Padme. Plus, when babies are in their mothers they get a good sense of who their mother is. They grow attached before birth. Maybe when they were born Anakin was held by someone else and then Leia was in her mother's arms when she died. MAYBE. Doubt it though. Unless they do something like that then it remains a plothole.

Forcewielder
Originally posted by Andrew McLeod
IMPRINTING

Children know their mothers well within the first 30 seconds of being born.

If that's the case, then Luke should've been able to remember his mom just like Leia did. It makes no sense why he doesn't since according to the visual dictionary, neither Obi-wan, Yoda, nor Bail have decided what to do with Luke and Leia until after Padme has died.

Also from the dictionary, Padme didn't have the strength to hold both Luke and Leia since she was already dying.

Darth_Janus
Red, you're hilarious. You should have a radio show.

And force imprinting, maternal BS aside, it's a plot hole. There's plenty, and Lucas' haphazard handling of the prequels only makes them worse.-

Darth Luke
yeah i think he should put more thought into the story and little things like this

Vanquish
The fact is, if imprinting was the answer, then BOTH Luke and Leia would have faint memories of her. Since Luke doesn't, and Leia seems too, it MUST be a plot hole and nothing more. The movies are great, but not flawless. It's just a small inconsistancy that is very unimportant to the overall plot line.

Darth Luke
if it was not important how did i figure it out lol, i dont usually think of these things

Vanquish
I think it's something that everybody picks up on when they re-watch the old movies to prepare for the new releases. I noticed it the second she said it, as i'm sure any star wars fan did. No offense, it's a good catch to see it, but I think a lot of people caught that one right away is all I mean.

Darth Luke
yeah they probaly did, but no one ever posted it so i took the chance to post it

Darth_Janus
Hell, I remembered the line while Iw as watching AOTC.

Pogel
Simple. Leia's mind was playing tricks on her and she made it up.

Darth Luke
what an explanation there Pogel

tpaquin
Let's just accept it as Leia's "point of view".

It was very much necessary for her to die to get the real tragedy of Vader's fall out.

Batman316
I am not entering this argument again.... but if you use the search function will will fine my opinion on this elsewhere.....

MOTHERBOX
I find it so strange that luke is born 1st wtf is with that it should have been leia and padme should have held her then she dies and they have to remove luke.

Big plothole there and it was so easy to not have one.

atila the great
i'm-a gonna say......plot hole

mossman

Darth Luke
yeah but i wasnt lookingf for a plot hole i realised it when i watched the movie

JediStang
let's finish Leia's quote, shall we?

....mostly memories....

Lord Banshee
Argh we already have a thread about this, and we came to this conclusion:

Leia didnt have any REAL memories of her mother. It was talked in to her by seeing fotographs and hearing stories from Bail. It's like your grandfather died before you were born. You get to see pictures of him and stories about him. And over time, it feels like you have actually known him.

This is a bit different because this is Leia's mother. So the feelings must be even stronger.

darthmaul1
When I listened to the audio book, I got the impression it may have something to do with the necklace thing that anakin gave padme and bail may get that? and give it to leia?

astrofan428
I doubt that because Padme has it at her funeral.

Lord Banshee
Yes perhaps... anyway. Bail and his friends have told so much about Padme. Maybe they had images or even video's about her.
Probably there were documentaries about her as a queen on naboo on Aldaraans holo-discoverychannel or something. big grin

It was like Leia knew her because she had heard all this things over 20 years.

Darth Luke
well this is turning out to be a good discussion

Darth Luke
but Bail doesnt know THAT much about padme, hes only knows her in a business way through the senate

ab2421
I don't think Bailk would have been telling leia about padme.. the whole point was to safeguard them from that past until the time was right.... (thats why the droids' memories are wiped

astrofan428
I dont think there is any reason Bail wouldnt tell Leia. Apparently(sp) nobody suspects Bail of anything, because Vader knows Leia is Bail's daughter.

Darth Luke
yeah but you would think vader would sense the force flowing through luke and leia

astrofan428
He does, but I guess he doesnt know what his own force feels like. He recoginizes Obi, but only says that Luke is strong with the force.

Darth Luke
well you would think that anyone with the force flowing through them would get disposed of by vadr because they will probaly try to become jedi

astrofan428
Vader doesnt believe anybody would train them, nobody is left.

((The_Anomaly))
yea this issue is definitly the most seriously dumb plot hole, i mean leia was what....40 seconds old...

common, even IF there was a 'force connection' leia wouldent remember that her mother was beautiful and all that...

ahhh another plot blunder by lucas...gotta love it.

adamrubin
in a new hope vader said to obi wan

"i was once a learner now i am a master"

is he saying he only was learning the darkside or did they fight master and apprentice

i know it is really master and knight

Darth Luke
well anakin was under obi-wan for a while and he was aggravated by it and his path to the dark side started during episode 2 where he was still an apprentice

adamrubin
but in ep3 anakin is a knight and no longer obiwans apprentice and they fight

Darth Luke
because in ep 2 he was on his way to the dark side then i ep 3 when he became a knight paplatine took that advantage to turn him

Ningyo

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Luke
In episode VI, Leia says she only remembers a bit of her mother (padme) but in episode III padme dies straight after birth, thats weird

Thats becuase people at lucas industries dont give a shit about consistancy

SixOfTwelve
Originally posted by Ningyo
When I rewatched Episode VI, I saw no necklace. I became convinced that it's because I was seeing the new version and they'd cut the necklace bit out. I swear I saw Leia wearing a necklace that looked much like that, yet older, back on the original VHS.

Sorry, you're misremembering that... I've just watched a splitscreen version of ROTJ and she's not wearing a necklace in either the 1983 or the 2004 versions.

First appearance of Leia in the Endor village outfit
http://img174.echo.cx/img174/7198/nonecklaceb8hn.th.jpg
Leia talking to Luke
http://img174.echo.cx/img174/7995/nonecklacea1hw.th.jpg

Then again, I know the feeling. For years I swore I had seen Luke jump up and cling onto the grate during the Rancor fight just because I had seen a picture of the cut scene in the novelization.

Ningyo
Yeah, I looked it up, but I can't get the image out of my head. It's even worse because I could swear I saw it from behind her, like maybe she was holding it. *shrugs*

It's okay. I can live with delusions. big grin

JKozzy
Originally posted by Darth Luke
see i proved a point, i guess GL missed something ...Good job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.