"The Warriors" Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0423512/

Oh ****.

Stokely
ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH.
This is too ****en stupid. They're gonna pack it full of pretty boy cocks and just...ugh....

GCG
My thoughts exactly ; why a re-make ? wtf is wrong with the original ?

any reasons for resurructing Sirus, put the blame on The Warriors and have them race all across NY back home again ?

Stokely
It's not that there's anything wrong with the original...it's just raping an idea for all it's worth...

GCG
I liked the chicks gang in the Original ....what were they called again ?

Solo
The Lizzies.

Anyway, maybe Shaq will play Sirus this time.

King Burger
I guess they figure they can put some notable faces, maybe some
rappers or some bulls*** like that, and maybe some more explicit
sex scene (maybe at the Lezzies just for the sake of titilating the
teenager boys in the audience), and that's it!

F*** them all to hell, bastards!

By the way, Ajax kicked a**!!

SlipknoT
Why? All I wanna know is Why?

GCG
What made warriors a good movie was that Gang violence was in its full swing in the 70s. while back then it reflected a status, today's remake seems to be based on the original.........which truly lacks in originalty

Cinemaddiction
Never saw it, plan too though.

GCG
this is probabaly the best site i found on the net including the gangs, books, mp files, ans Syrus himself...+ the DJ that keeps the gangs informed on the Warriors moves around the city !
CAN YOU DIG IIIIIT The Warriors

FrankWhite69
the original film was taped up the block from where i am at New Utrect Ave train station. if they remake this film in my neighborhood i will make sure i slap the producers.

GCG
why thank you ; that would be a very noble gesture !

Lord Shadow Z
I don't like the idea of a re-make of the Warriors. My brother will be surprised to hear this because I've always kind of disowned the film in the past but on reflection its actually okay and have grown to like it.

jaden101
****ing hell....nnnnngggnnnnngngnnnnnn...

cant they just leave things alone

why dont they just get jk rowling to rewrite the bible while they're at it

lets look at what they have totally ****ed up overthe last few years

rollerball
get carter
the italian job

next we get war of the worlds...the wizard of oz and now the warriors

i despair

Stokely
Originally posted by jaden101
why dont they just get jk rowling to rewrite the bible while they're at it

LMFAO!!!

I love that DJ and them fat ass lips, "okay boppers..."

GCG
laughing

not to mention a possiblwe re-make of Suspiria by Miramax....

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Stokely
ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH.
This is too ****en stupid. They're gonna pack it full of pretty boy cocks and just...ugh....

I argee it is going to be stupid.It is al because these stupid hollywood directors are runing out of ideas for movies.JM mad

Solo
MTV is in charge of the film too. So it's almost guaranteed to suck.

WindDancer
Utterly stupid idea! The only way this crap can be suscessful is if they cast Depp, Pitt, Bloom as the warriors. Brrr....just thought gave me the chills. Horrible thoughts indeed...

EyeOfApocalypse
What made The Warriors such a great movie, especially now, is because those kinda gangs don't exist anymore. Nowadays, when a gang doesn't like another gang, there's a shoot-out, not a brawl; maybe I'm old fashioned, but I prefer things being settled fist-to-fist instead of gun-to-gun.

I highly doubt this movie is going to do the original any justice, another notable feature about the gang itself was that these guys were average build, they weren't a bunch of hulks (even though they took down plenty of guys like that). I also agree that it's more than likely going to be chockful of rappers and pretty boys...the horror...

Mainstream
"Warriors come out an pla-ay"

black robb
the Warriors are ga-ay

EyeOfApocalypse
Originally posted by Mainstream
"Warriors come out an pla-ay"

That's my biggest concern, who are they gonna get to play Luther?

Solo
This movie needs Edward Norton.

Stokely
The movie doesn't need anyone. No matter who's in it, it's gonna be shiiiiiiiiit.

GCG
Originally posted by Solo
MTV is in charge of the film too. So it's almost guaranteed to suck.

you just had to twist the knife did'nt you ?

WE NEED SCRIPT WRITERS !

Omegaman
Hey, how about Matthew Lillard for Luther?? I think he would make a great one.

Whoever said Shaq as Cyrus , that is got to be the worst choice you could go! Shaq cant even talk , if you remember Cyrus was pretty smart and could speak very well!

Who else would be good in this movie??

I am pretty sure that the remake will suck , but I love the original and would love to see a good remake done, it could be great if done right!

finti
now why the hell make a remake of an excellent movie with a kick ass musical score?....now I see this IMDb thing havent been updated since august 2004, maybe the entire stuff has gone down the drain

WindDancer
Originally posted by black robb
the Warriors are ga-ay

laughing

Cinemaddiction
I've read everyones comments, and with the movie fresh in my mind, I'll weigh in.

It's a bad idea to consider remaking the film, just because the culture featured in the original just doesn't exist anymore. It's like remaking "West Side Story, "Grease", or even "American Graffiti". If there WERE to be "Warriors" remake, it would most likely be like "GTA: SA" set to Hollywood standards. It's just totally pointless to even try and adapt.

As for "The Warriors", both the original and those opposing the remake. The original, in all honesty, wasn't that great of a film overall, like many other "cult classics". Just one that stuck with us, reflective of the times, which happened to be a real "hip" era. That said, I think people hang onto the sentimentality of the film than the actual production value. That opinion surfacing when people say "How can you make it any better.." or something to that effect.

"The Warriors" was a movie with a paper thin premise, and even at 95 minutes, it was a somewhat slow movie, with very little to offer aside from its characters and 70's soul cinema action sequences, which I liked. Who wouldn't like seeing chicks get knocked out for being hussies, or dudes thrown through bathroom stall doors!? That said, there would be PLENTY to improve upon, dialogue for starters, but still, considering the dated premise, the change in youth culture, and basically everything that MADE this a cult classic, 0% would translate into 2005's way of life, thus resulting in a movie with the title, but none of the heart.

kanis
alien I'm a huge warriors fan like my brother lord shadow z said and if they remake it i'm jumping on its a really crap ideabandwagon. The gangs will be the rappers, goths,skate boarders,chav's and their is no one hard enough to play cleon or cool enough to play swan who was played by micheal beck.

Sarah_73
I loved Warriors!! N i'm more of an action kinda gal, but it had enough action to keep me interested n it HAD a storyline.. Most remakes are jus' ruins of brilliant films. If they remade it, they would use guns,knives,samurai swords n they would have to cast ppl like Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt etc.. Which wud mean that they wud need a pretty big budget. It has the potentional to be great. But the chances are it will suck!

kanis
alien Yes it will.

forumcrew
Tony Scott is Changing The Warriors
Source: MyMovies.net
October 11, 2005

Domino director Tony Scott tells MyMovies.net that his remake of Walter Hill's 1979 action film, The Warriors, will take place on the West coast.

The original, which was set in New York City, centered on the Warriors gang being wrongly accused of assassinating a rival gang leader during a truce and being forced to make their way home through hostile territory.

"I see it as 'Kingdom Of Heaven' meets 'The Warriors' because with these gangs, instead of having twenty or thirty guys, I'm going to have three thousand, five thousand guys in the LA river beds and it's going to look like LA during the riots," Scott told the site. He added, "I love the original movie, that's why I'm in doing this but I'm not going to copy the original".

Scott expects to start working on the Paramount and MTV Films project in 2006.

Sounds like it could be pretty cool.. riot sized gang wars? eek!

Mandorallen
It may sound cool, but when you actually think of the Idea, It's terrible.
and plus it's completley shitting on The 1979 version. which I love. I also bought the directors cut DVD yesterday...

please god, oh please, bring us writers.. please... at least until I start my films, I can't take it anymore.

Deano
you'll never beat the original

could be cool though

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Deano

could be cool though

can you dig it?

Jason_V
Originally posted by Deano

could be cool though Damn right.
Warriors, come out to plaay!

Mandorallen
Actually, I change my mind. If tony scott directs this, I will go see it indefinatley.

Cinemaddiction
Original "Warriors" is cool, but pretty overrated. Tony Scott is probably one of two people that could do a remake justice, aside from Tarantino.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Original "Warriors" is cool, but pretty overrated. Tony Scott is probably one of two people that could do a remake justice, aside from Tarantino.

quoted for absolute truth.

Solo
Not a big Tony Scott fan myself.

Fëanor
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I argee it is going to be stupid.It is al because these stupid hollywood directors are runing out of ideas for movies.JM mad actually it wouldn't be the directors who are coming up with these lame ideas...more like the producers and non-creative types looking to make a quick buck rather than quality films....

there are a lot of good scripts out there that never get to see the light of day only because those in the position only think and see how much dollars it

i liked the original...to do a remake would be so sad

need money
Knock that f*** of. I want two of the movies

Nevermind
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

Totally agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.