Shangchi vs. Bruce Lee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Trinew
I say bruce

srankmissingnin
Shang Chi beats Lee then goes to find a random hand ninja for a better fight. Bruce Lee wins? Are you stupid?

K Von Doom
Shang Chi, being a fictional character who's mastered Kung Fu, would beat Lee, who's a master of one style of kung fu.

leonheartmm
shang chi is a character BASED on bruce lee, just like liu kang{mortal combat} and law{tekken}, but i guess shang chi is more skilled than bruce.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by leonheartmm
shang chi is a character BASED on bruce lee, just like liu kang{mortal combat} and law{tekken}, but i guess shang chi is more skilled than bruce.

Bang on!!!

Metalmanx
You serious? The whole idea behind Jeet Kune Do is to adapt to other fighting styles and beat them. It utilizes every form of combat to defeat your opponent. Read the Tao of Jeet Kune Do by Bruce Lee. It is an incredible book. His mastered fighting style is one of the very best in the world.

Bruce Lee would take this.

srankmissingnin
Shang Chi's first attack would fold Lee like a lawn chair.

leonheartmm
shang chi is probably one of the top three martial artists in marvel, other than his normal skill, his chi lets him do superhuman stuff with his cocentration.

Dizzle
But is he Batman?

Sentry
Hand to Hand, he will kick Batmans A$$. But Bats has his other gadgets and stuff like that. Not to mention he's a genius.

leonheartmm
shang chi is above batman, captain america, daredevil and black panther in terms of skill, physique, agiltiy etc.

jplatinum
Bruce Lee whoop him good.
Then, step on his neck.

mr.smiley
"his mastered fighting style is one of the very best in the world"

that's one of the most ill informed things i have ever herd in my life.
Bruce Lee was first and foremost an actor.
second he was a philosopher.
jeet kune do has never been proven to be an effective fighting style.
i've seen it used before in nhb competition but never effectively.
don't get me wrong,i like bruce lee.
Bruce lee never entered any vale tudos to prove his claims.
now we could say,hey at the time their were no vale tudos but the truth is their was.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by mr.smiley

Bruce Lee was first and foremost an actor.
second he was a philosopher.
now we could say,hey at the time their were no vale tudos but the truth is their was.

All true but the principles of JKD (and I agree anything called JKD has never done anything) are the same as all hybrid styles use what works.

Shang Chi as a fictional superfighter would win

MERCILOUS

Bruce Lee was first and foremost an actor. second he was a philosopher.

He was first and foremost a martial artist, who used cinema to spread his philosophical views.

By his students, most of Lee's fights weren't on film, fights where bruce takes it to martial arts masters around the world.

There certainly was vale tudos around, but obviously not in Lee's homeland or the united states. Even then that sport was not evolved into what it is today, so your point is rather invalid either way. Really, what's the point of Lee going to Brazil to fight when Brazil at the time was not known for producing great fighters?

MERCILOUS
Sheesh, I got so carried away defending Lee that I forgot to add that he gets his butt whipped by Chi.

lifeisaglich
I see Law(Takken), Jan Lee(Dead or alive) as just incarnation of what Bruce lee might have been. Any way I say Bruce Lee will adapt and concure because he was way way way ahead of his time.
He wins but after a good fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.