Science Of Star Wars - Discovery Channel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkYoda
In the latest issue of TV Guide (April 24-30, page 38) there is a brief mention of a series of TV specials premiering on the Discovery Channel called "Science Of Star Wars".

The article reads:

"Coinciding with the latest "Star Wars" installment, Discovery will air three related specials- Droids, Bots and Artificial Intelligence; C3PO Talks Back; and Making War."

Science of Star Wars
(Monday-Wednesday, 5/16-5/18, Discovery, check local listings)

big grin

I wonder if these will be interesting?
Happy Dance

Here's a link to Discovery.com with more info:

http://dsc.discovery.com/schedule/series.jsp?series=24847&gid=0&channel=DSC

theshakl
cool

theshakl
hoe they don't talk too much of what is impossible

.:Space Opera:.
god bless the discovery channel

ApolloX
Originally posted by theshakl
hoe they don't talk too much of what is impossible
like how all the planets have the same amount of gravity.

umraan
mmmm sounds cool!

Bubbapilot
If you read through the descriptions of the episodes, they don't seem to have much to do with Star Wars, but more of what is in the works for the future. It seems they are just using the name Star Wars to get peoples attention and will probably spend very little time talking about the Star Wars that we know.

On that note, I'll probably watch it anyway, just in case.

MOTHERBOX
No torrents yet?

LightSaber_Part
aww man, my cable stops this Monday sad (so tomorrow)
I guess I'll just hope there are torrents when it comes out.

MOTHERBOX
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
aww man, my cable stops this Monday sad (so tomorrow)
I guess I'll just hope there are torrents when it comes out. Lol no worries torrents allways come out smile

theshakl
yeap like the gravity thing..or the fire in space thing...

actually the gravity issue can be explained by use of intense imagination...like....they have machines that can change the gravity of a planet?????

yes like i said, "intense imagination"

ickeris2003
Awesome big grin . I like to watch the discovery channel. this may be very intresting , indeed.

jango fatt
cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek! eek! eek!

Darth_Vader05
Looks like im watching the discovery channel tonight smile smile smile

Darth Luke
thats probaly a first lol

and what are torrents, ive heard of them before i just wanted to know how they work

jjwil76
i want a lightsaber damnit!

Darth Luke
ok get one, i might not neccesarily be real but still.....

MOTHERBOX
Any torrents yet?

theshakl
dude this is gonna ble like in 3 more weeks calm down guys...

by the way i hope they explain how lightsabers "can be made"

lol

MOTHERBOX
Oh it hasent aired yet?

Btw I saw them talking about sabers and its impossible they would need a mirror on the tip of the saber for it to work.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by MOTHERBOX
Oh it hasent aired yet?

Btw I saw them talking about sabers and its impossible they would need a mirror on the tip of the saber for it to work.

Just like it was impossible to have pcs that weren't the size of entire rooms...then came along the transistor laughing out loud

Seriously though... I bet someday someone will figure out how to do it...

Light is so misunderstood that scientists don't even know what it is made of... is it a wave? Is it a particle? Is it both... Is it neither...

The real problem is going to be figuring out how one could use a theoretical lightsaber, because it would be way too hot to be able to hold it or be near it.

Anywho... got that out of my system. laughing

Darth Bong
Im the type of person that if im shown a plausible idea about a real-life lightsaber im going to try to make one. It would be awesome.....

(Getting pulled over)
"Sir, do you have anything in your car we should know about?"
"No I dont....well, except maybe for my Lightsaber!"

MWA HAHA
smokin'

Alliance
Having a lightsaber would be awesome but id really like to get my hands on an LAAT...those things rock my world

Darth Luke
i want this to air

((The_Anomaly))
intresting, but yea SW is a fantasy, if u want a more realistic idea of the future then star trek is the way to go.

Darth Luke
yeah they can actually teleport somethings from one place to another, buts its like the size of an atom

DCLXVI
Star Trek = emp

MOTHERBOX
Originally posted by DCLXVI
Star Trek = emp That lil emp rocks eek!

DCLXVI
wink

GregminiMalak
wow awsome im definatlly watching

get this today i went to by my star wars tickets and the guy infront of me got the last one for 7 o clock so i have to watch the midnight one

master sifadius
hey, It'll be on in a few days!

lordjade
will anyone be recording this stuff? wink eek!

lordjade
will anyone be recording this stuff?

umraan
does anyone have it? can you post a link??

ickeris2003
im gonna watch it, sounds very intresting.

umraan
is anyone planning on recording it???

DarkYoda
(In Obi-Wan voice) possibly...

BrianWilsonJedi
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
intresting, but yea SW is a fantasy, if u want a more realistic idea of the future then star trek is the way to go.

Star Wars is in the past.

DarkYoda
According to Star Trek, mankind unites together and stops killing one another... that will NEVER happen on it's own.

Star Wars is MUCH more realistic in this aspect. It is realistic in terms of human nature and emotion.

umraan
anyone happen to record it?

ickeris2003
i saw this yesturday and i liked it. 3p0 and r2 did a good job of hosting. I really enjoyed the new droids and everything about it. I cant wait for the episode of the creatures smokin'

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Bubbapilot
If you read through the descriptions of the episodes, they don't seem to have much to do with Star Wars, but more of what is in the works for the future. It seems they are just using the name Star Wars to get peoples attention and will probably spend very little time talking about the Star Wars that we know.

On that note, I'll probably watch it anyway, just in case.

That is exactly what it was. It was like Star Wars has robots, so lets take a look at little Juan Martinez and his Robot project.

They could have easily taken the Star Wars out, and it is just another Discovery Channel show.

It had nothing to do with star wars what so ever. It did'nt even show clips of ROTS.

So if you are expecting them to talk about the possibilites of making a lightsaber, forget it.

tlbauerle
Hmmm...sound gay.

DarkYoda
Yeah... I didn't watch it or record it. I'm not even going to worry about it until they repeat it later... after I've seen Episode III. I was too busy rewatching the classic trilogy last night to worry about the science of Star Wars. big grin Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.