Master Kavar vs. Master Vrook

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
Who do you think would win? Master Vrook knew a several force forms, which was considered extreemly unusual and Master Kavar was a famous weaponmaster.

Darth_Janus
Master Kavar is famed in his own time as the leader of the Jedi guardians. But Vrook is clearly superior. He is the defacto leader of the council in Vandar's absence, and it's his vote that swings the remaining three Jedi to strip you of your powers as an exile. Note Kavar and Zek didn't want to initially.

And while I don't normally like to cite gameplay mechanics, Vrook was clearly the hardest of the three Jedi masters to slay. (Four if you count Atris.) If I had to rank them, Atris would be last, followed by Zek, than Kavar, and then Vrook by a large margin. The old fart is really rough in a one on one, even at a high level and with good equipment. Granted, if you have the right stats, you can Force lightning his ass to death in seconds, but saber to saber he can kill the average Exile character in two to three swipes. Kavar takes at least four.

Fishy
Vrook is more powerful. He was there on Dantooine to keep Revan in check along with some other masters, who were probably send there only to keep Revan in check. You don't send anybody but the most powerful and wise masters there... Where was Kavar again? Oh yeah he wasn't leading the Republic army's against the Sith or the Mandelorians. Even though that was supposed to be his job.

Kavar was a failure in my eyes, i liked the guy when i first met him but i still think he's a failure. Vrook would kill him.

Darth Revan33
I said Kavar because if Revan hadn't commanded the Republic forces it would've eventually been Kavar. Also he had the Form 7 technique which was pretty good. I can't comment on the game difficulty because I always played Dantooine first thing and you can't fight Kavar until the end. (on a side note though, i noticed it is extremely hard to beat Vrook without a lightsaber, but with one its pretty easy.) Back on subject, it seemed like Vrook was more of a Force user, so in lightsaber combat I think Kavar would win.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Revan33
I said Kavar because if Revan hadn't commanded the Republic forces it would've eventually been Kavar. Also he had the Form 7 technique which was pretty good. I can't comment on the game difficulty because I always played Dantooine first thing and you can't fight Kavar until the end. (on a side note though, i noticed it is extremely hard to beat Vrook without a lightsaber, but with one its pretty easy.) Back on subject, it seemed like Vrook was more of a Force user, so in lightsaber combat I think Kavar would win.

Kavar should have yes, but he didn't. He didn't even lead the Republic forces against the Sith... He may have been a better fighter but I don't think he could stand a chance against Vrook. Vrook has a better command of the force and isn't a bad fighter himself. Vrook would win this one

Darth Revan33
True, Vrook probably had a better command of the Force, and isn't a bad fighter, but like I said, its comparing a (roughly) level 12 to a level 20 with a prestige class.

I believe Vrook has a better command of the Force, but what proof is there of it? This is also a serious question not a rhetorical one.

Darth_Janus
Vrook was the head of the Jedi council in exile. You don't get a title like that by not being a master of the Force. And Kavar was a weaponsmaster, too, not just another guardian.

Fishy
Kavar was a weapon master, but like said Vrook was the head of the Jedi council. I don't think the little green Yoda look a like (forgot his name) was above him.

This shows that Vrook was at least one of the wisest and most powerful Masters in the galaxy. Probably more powerful and wiser then any other Master, otherwise he would not have that title.

What makes me think Vrook is more powerful in the force? Well he was the head not a member. Its like comparing an arm to your brain. Without your brain your dead without an arm a lot of things just get harder. Now when i faced Vrook in Kotor II even after facing Kavar i found him to be more difficult to kill because of his force powers and his skill with a Lightsaber. In pure combat Kavar would have a chance, but the force always plays a role in fights. And vrook would own Kavar by using it. Doing more with it then Kavar could do.

Darth_Janus
You always learn the highest form, whether its Juyo or the last level Force form from Vrook, too.

JKBart
Kavar imo

QuakeBlood
up

darthbane77
Vrook

cs_zoltan
What a worthless thread. Nobody cares.

Emperordmb
I care https://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_sad.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.