Sound and Speaker systems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
I'm thinking of upgrading my sound and speaker system

But I have no clue about which combo gives me a good performance, so anyone got any pointers. I have a 5.1 system now (from some dubious brand -works pretty well tho-) and using my internal motherboard soundcard (also functions quite well) but it ain't SUPER and I want SUPER SOUND

so gimme pointers (my budget is about 200 euro's and I don't want a speaker system over 5.1 -my parents would freak-)

PS: Yes I know this ain't really too much computer and video games but that's what I use the sound for so stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
I found creative labs to do some really nice sound

http://www.creative.com/

but I think the best thing is if you want a good soundcard.. and the price isnt sick either (unless you want the crazy cards o_O)

as for speakers, I've heard bose is good.. creative has some nice ones and sony also.. but I'd suggest giving them an in-store test run just to make sure they sound right to you

Fire
thx Sat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.