Spiderman 2 villain info

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanBen45
Hey I was just wondering if anybody new the details of which villains will be in the Spider-man 2 movie. I heard from a friend that Hobgoblin will be in it. I heard from another friend Harry turns into the 2nd Green Goblin. I've been hearing online that the Lizard and Mysterio may be in it. I'm just wondering if anyone knows for sure who exactly is gonna be in it besides Doc Ock? I hope there's more than just Doc Ock I think the Spider-Man movies from now on should feature more than one villain to make it more interesting.

MrReilly
There are meant to cameos from several villains... connors, felicia (not really a villain I know, but she's bad to start), brock and of course harry but i presume this will be much like the first film (both connors and brock are mentioned though don't feature and there is the cameo of stromm working for norman)... but the only villain per say that I know of is Ock... there is of course strong hints of harry's mental downfall and the strong possibility that goblin over tones will shadow this...

Red Superfly
Batmans movies have proven that having two villains dilutes the story.

There is too much to explain because each Spidey villain is incredibly in touch with Spiderman and the chemistry needs to be sorted out. Two villains dilutes the plot.

After all, these are Spidey villains we are talking about. Most of his enemies you could easily base TWO FILMS on.

For the sake of good story-telling and preparation for Spidey 3, it is good that they bring in Brock and Conners.

I predict Dock Ock is the ONLY villain.

I predict Harry starts to turn to the dark side.

I predict Conners is nothing more than Conners, this film simply establishes his character and his mentor-student relationship with Parker. The audience gets to know him.

I predict The Lizard will be in Spidey 3. It could even have a brief glimpse of what is to come with the ending being with Conners giving a talk on cell-regeneration as Peter does his inevitable ending monologue.

I predict Brock gets involved in trying to expose Conners "to make good" and plays a big part in Spidey 3, with Spidey again foiling the self-centred Brock. Brock hates Parker and Spiderman by the end of 3.

I predict if there is a Spidey 4 - it's gonna be Venom. Brock is already established as a major character - only a brief intro of the symbiote is needed.

I predict that through Spidey 2 - 4, JJ gets increasingly irate with Spidey. He could get kidnapped by Venom or The Lizard in either movie, and at the end blame Spidey for all he's done. During Spidey 2-4 he.....

Red Superfly
.....will explain his hate for masked "villains". If there is a 5, I'm gonna be damn sure it could be The Scorpion after JJ finally loses it with Spiderman and creates him.

The only oddball is Harry and what he could become. He being the Green Goblin would suck imo, I'm already sick of movie Goblin, we all want to see the others. Maybe Raimi thinks so too and instead of him being GG, he becomes the Hobgoblin, and then fanboys complain about Raimi taking liberties with the comic so the movie wouldnt suck.

MrReilly
Very similar to what I had in mind actually superfly... they need to get the human counter parts in and then use them later as villains. Don't over crowd and just let the stories tell themselves really.

And yeah, I really dont want a harry golin yet!

wuTa
harry's gonna be the goblin lets face it...he has too big a part not to play a major villian in the spidey films

Superman5452
Superfly I love your ideas, but I would have Spidey get the symbiote suit in part 3 and have Spidey not only fight the lizard but have to stop the symbiote from taking over him. Then in part 4 you don't have to explain, what it is, where it's from, & why it hates spider-man.

Bobafett2000
The whole spiderman sage should be a 5 part series and build up to a major 5th movie with spidey battling the sinister six made up of

Doc Octopus
Electro
Hobgoblin-Harry Osburn
The Lizard
The Scorpion
Venom

It isn't the exact sinister six but it would fit into the story line and be very cool.

Zephonim
"I predict Dock Ock is the ONLY villain." - Red Superfly

Sam has said on many occasions that there will only be one villan per movie. He feels that all of Spider-Man's villans are so deep and the stories behind them are so great that it would cheapen them to try and jam more than one into each movie. I agree, I would rather see a well explained, well rounded villan in one movie than two weak quickly done ones.

Red Superfly
EXACTLY.

Lets just hope the penny starts to drop with everyone else.

ONE ENEMY PER FILM YAY!

Also, isn't JJ's son in this new one? That has me pointing to Venom certainly somehwhere down the line, seeing as he could be on a mission that brings Venom back down to Earth, in say 3, Spidey wears it fighting The Lizard, has trouble removing it, and then Brock ends up with it at the end. Thing is - will it be an alien? Could be some sort of experiment gone wrong or something - but I think JJ's son will be involved somehow.

Yeah Superman5452 that's what I had in mind. A black symbiote spidey fighting The Lizard. AWESOME!

I can imagine black Spidey flipping out after The Lizard beats him senseless - and Spidey almost kills Conners - only to realise he almost killed his friend and mentor and realises theres something drastically wrong - and that the symbiote needs to be removed. That would make the whole "Oh my God I almost mudered my best friend - what am i doing?" thing that bit more personal.

Superman121
ok does any1 think kingpin will play ne signifigant part in any of the 1 villain movies and will he be th same king pin as the 1 in daredevil played by actor michael clarke duncan if im correct maybe daredevil may make a small cameo appearenc like he has in th comics or in the cartoons. Maybe im jus wishful thinkin but i think that could be good.

Spiderman_RJ
wow u predict to much.can u tell me the number for the loto today?

Austinzilla
superfly, i think you ideas are great but somehow theyll integrate harry as the second green goblin

maybe it wont be until the 4th movie he is, just to kind of give the goblin a break, but he will be.

the movies could all be set back one so for instance if your right, there will be no scorpion

but if they make him the second green goblin, i hope he at least alters his costume to make it somewhat cool...

Red Superfly
And there lies the problem...........

Peter THINKS IT'S NORMAN BACK FROM THE DEAD!

How would Peter think this if the Goblin is changed at all? If he is alterred in any way - then Peter will be like "Hang on this must be a different guy".

I don't really mind actually - but i think we need a few more villains in between the Goblins so it seems like there's more to Spiderman than the bloody Green Goblin (and get to show of Spidermans awesome array of villains - all ten times better than Harrys lame Green Goblin, with no powers and is weaker than the original - this is why the Hobgoblin would solve a lot of this mess).

Austinzilla
i just wish they would change his costume from Cheap-O Plastic to Goblin Fantastic!

Red Superfly
Oh definitely, me too.

Maybe when Harry goes mental he decides to modify the suit a little - but like I said they have the problem with Peter having a good idea it's an "imposter" Goblin.

It would be some attempt at redemption at least.

Spiderman_RJ
yah harry seems to be really disturbed. this guy that plays him sucks big time. he defenetely getting a glider i just wonder who he will be then

Freddy_vs_Jason
How dare you! mad

The guy who plays him is a great actor and he could do it a million times better then you or anyone else! how dare you! you should be ashamed of yourself! also in your earlier post you were talking about Daredevil, this is NOT a Daredevil forum, as you said to me once "what does that have to do with the thread?"

Austinzilla
dude James Franco is a suck-ass actor, bro...there is plenty who could do it better, seeing as how Harry Osborn is an easier role for casting than, lets say, Peter Parker or Norman Osborn

lots of people can play Harry Osborn but not many can play Peter or Norman

Freddy_vs_Jason
Bro? I'm a girl! why does everybody automatically assume that I'm a guy!? it's my name isn't it!? James Franco is a great actor, maybe if you guys open your eyes when you watch his films you'll realise it.

Spiderman_RJ

Freddy_vs_Jason
Sissy? you can't call a girl a sissy.
I can say what I like and so can you but you pushed it to far. And there is no need to call others names! I DID read all of you post (which was very difficult because of your spelling) and it went off-topic with Daredevil, as I said this is NOT a Daredevil forum.

Spiderman_RJ
i guess by my bad spelling , and dumb english, i did not made myself clear. my statement was without the web shooter spiderman was just a second level daredevil, the only diference is that he sees. and wall walks.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Okay, alright then. smile

Red Superfly
How dare people insult Mr. Franco and his acting skills?

Simple, it's perfectly within the rules of the forum, therefore people can say what they want.

Also crossing it over and making comparisons with Daredevil does not mean the post is going off topic either. Making comparisons is good, it helps you back up what you are saying - something too few on this board can actually do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.