X-men with Gladiator VS. JLA Round 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Ok

X-men:

Cyclops
Storm
Exodus
Emma Frost
Rachel Summers(minus phoenix force)
Professor X(sideline telepathic combatant hooked up to cerebro)
Captain Britain(Brian Braddock)
Iceman
Gambit
Colossus
Classic Juggernaut
Cable
Siryn
Gladiator

VS.

Batman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Hawkman
Firestorm
Green Arrow(Ollie)
Big Barda
Black Canary
Captain Atom
Green Lantern(John)
Superman

X-men get a couple extra guys since the JLA is damn powerful. Actually Xavier isn't even there, he's in the mansion connected to Cerebro. Battle takes place in the land of Britain. NO PREP. Who takes it?

Mainstream
no gambit..how could you....oh well I see ya got cable in your line-up..he's my fav.

Sentry
Gambit's there, you must've missed him.

nigel45
Wait, so is the JL team allowed to fight/engage Xavier? Would they even know where he is?

nigel45
Originally posted by Sentry
Gambit's there, you must've missed him.

Uh huhhhhhh. wink

kgkg
Ok

X-men:

Cyclops
Storm
Exodus
Emma Frost
Rachel Summers(minus phoenix force)
Professor X(sideline telepathic combatant hooked up to cerebro)
Captain Britain(Brian Braddock)
Iceman
Gambit
Colossus
Classic Juggernaut
Cable
Siryn
Gladiator

VS.

Batman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Hawkman
Firestorm
Green Arrow(Ollie)
Big Barda
Black Canary
Captain Atom
Green Lantern(John)
Superman

X-men get a couple extra guys since the JLA is damn powerful. Actually Xavier isn't even there, he's in the mansion connected to Cerebro. Battle takes place in the land of Britain. NO PREP. Who takes it?

Cable? with virus? or not

Mainstream
hopefully without

Sentry
Martian Manhunters a stronger telepath than all the X-men, probably not Exodus, but they can't reach him. His mind is just there to help out against their telepaths Aquaman who's telepathy rivals Xavier, and Martian Manhunter who's telepathy is greater than Xaviers.

Sentry
Without.

pr1983
exodus, cable, britain and juggs make this fight a whole lot more even... dunno though...

Mainstream
that's debatable

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream
that's debatable

what is?

Martian Manhunters a stronger telepath than all the X-men, probably not Exodus, but they can't reach him. His mind is just there to help out against their telepaths Aquaman who's telepathy rivals Xavier, and Martian Manhunter who's telepathy is greater than Xaviers.

i disagree...

Mainstream
about Xavier mental abilities being weaker than Johns....my bad I didn't specify professorx

kgkg
Without.

now we have a fight smile

Gladiator , Exodus , Cable , prof X , IceMan , Jugs

they will take JLA

X-men wins

JWangSDC
Gladiator has sex 5 min before and is gleaming with confidence. He then proceeds to destroy all of the JLA except for Batman, who reaches for his utility belt and then emits radiation that kills Gladiator. Throws batarangs at Cyclops, Storm, Iceman,Emma, Rachel and Gambit simultaneously knocking them out. He then proceeds to inject cable witha technorganic virus that disables him completely. Looks into his belt again and finds a shard of the M'Krann krystal and shoots it @ exodus. He them says "eid hctib" to captain britain,Collossus and Juggernaut a little something he learned from zatanna. He puts on earplugs to beat down siryn but then Xavier mindwipes him. The darkness and rage that was once Batman is now a part of Xavier and now the biggest threat to the universe has been born.

Sentry
A lot of guys have been saying MM and Aquamans telepathy are greater than the X-men. Cough "Draco" So that's why I added Exodus and Xavier in to help out.

Mainstream
WithGod LikeCable with them...no one could be against them.

pr1983
about Xavier mental abilities being weaker than Johns....my bad I didn't specify professorx

i think xavier is more powerful... while mm has a greater range, i believe in a direct confrontation xavier would take mm down...

Mainstream
beside deep within the dark corner of Xavier's mind lives *dramatic opera music plays* Onslaught!

DigiMark007
Xavier has Cerebro!

End of fight.

The addition of Cable puts the nails in the proverbial JLA coffin.

-DM

Sentry
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Xavier has Cerebro!

End of fight.

The addition of Cable puts the nails in the proverbial JLA coffin.

-DM

Their are guys saying even with cerebro Xaviers telepathy isn't on par with Martian Manhunters

Mainstream
Xavier, after going nuts and becoming Onslaught could take down MM and the whole Martian race with litttle effort.

black robb
Xavier makes everyone fall in love with each other and then starts...

THE SUPERORGY!!!

DigiMark007
Their are guys saying even with cerebro Xaviers telepathy isn't on par with Martian Manhunters

Then they're wrong.

Xavier does have Onslaught-like potential. And Cerebro kicks some a$$...Manhunter might be able to fend off Xavier in Cerebro, but protecting anyone else would be amazingly tough.

-DM

Sentry
Originally posted by Draco69
Believe it or not, Martian Manhunter is a stronger and more adept telepath than Charles Xavier. MM is capable of mind-reading, astral projection, psi-bolts, and mindwiping just like Charles Xavier is. However, there are a few things in favor of our favorite Gumby.

When Charles Xavier first discovered his mutant powers, he endeavored to train himself in the use of his powers. MM on the other hand is quite different. The Martian society that MM grew up has thousands of years of culture and advancement. The Martians were all telepathic and developed new and different techniques as years passed on. MM absorbed all of these techniques instantly via telepathy. MM's brain virtually houses thousands of years of telepathic techniques, battle strategies, and training. Charles Xavier was self-taught. MM is capable of connecting with every sentinent person on Earth. Charles is incapable of this action without the aid of Cerebra. MM once mindwiped 70 different people around the globe simultaneously, including Lex Luthor. Charles Xavier exhausted himself mindwiping ONE (i.e. Magneto). MM has literally everyone of his peoples', from the beginning of his race to the end, telepathic prowess, experience, and techniques. Charles Xavier only has his experiences. MM takes this one without a doubt.

Originally posted by Draco69
To supessucks:

A very valid argument. Charles CANNOT contact aliens light-years away. He can only contact his off and on soulmate the Shi'ar Queen Lilandra. Martian Manhunter is capable of mental manipulation, even more so than Charles Xavier. He has more than two-thousand years of telepathic experience. Charles Xavier only has his own limited experience. Everything Charles can do, MM can do better. The Shadow King is one very powerful opponent that Charles barely defeated (at the cost of his legs no less). MM once battle 400 White Martians in psychic combat and won. Charles Xavier was a self-taught telepath. MM was a war general that studied and mastered over two-thousand years of Martian telepathic techniques, skills, and principles. In essence, Charles Xavier has barely scratched the surface. It's like comparing a elementary school math student to a Harvard-educated mathmatician. Its no comparsion. The things that Charles has mastered as an adult, MM had mastered as a child. All Martians are naturally telepathic. Telepathy is their way of life. They've created hundreds of styles, techniques and skills for thousands of years. MM mastered them all. MM takes this one.

Originally posted by manjaro
mm all the way. i cant imagine what i could add that draco hasnt said but remeber that MM has mindwiped 70 equally powerful pychics, and made them believe they were ordinary beings plus manipulated world leaders in the middle east all the way from his home in colorado.

shadow king is one guy who charles took 4ever to beat, he needed help with phoenix, he could barely contain proteus even though he was assissted by psylocke. lastly when sebastian shaw was trying to unleash phoenix to suit his needs, and the entity took over and was about to kill shaw he boke out his patented lame ass "if you kill, you'll be no better than him" speech. he was trying to shut down her emotions talking bout, "no jean i wont let you kill him, i wont let you be a murderer" or something like that and the phonenix who now took over jean gave him a quick lash and shut him the f*ck up.

Originally posted by Kento
MM is one of the most powerful psychics in DC or Marvel. Charles doesn't have no chance with it

Mainstream
"heed me you tall green Bastard" professorx

black robb
"heed me you tall green Bastard" professorx hey green people have been through enough discrimination Mainstream

Mainstream
I'm sorry....I"m just kinda bitter...my ex girlfriend was green..but she dumped me for a purple dude.

supermanprime
doesn't it get annoying for people to put these ultra-mega teams to defeat the jla. supes, and flash will take mostly everyone there before a drop of a dime and WW can take out gladiator, and yes the MM is one of the most powerful telepaths in either universe. Charles is almost as overrated as wolverine. no wonder i stopped reading marvel.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by supermanprime
doesn't it get annoying for people to put these ultra-mega teams to defeat the jla. supes, and flash will take mostly everyone there before a drop of a dime and WW can take out gladiator, and yes the MM is one of the most powerful telepaths in either universe. Charles is almost as overrated as wolverine. no wonder i stopped reading marvel.

I pretty much agree with everything you say, but give the ultimate universe a go. It Marvell done well and Supreme Power is a Marvel take on the JLA done for adults and it is brilliant.

For those who do not understand the Squadron are cheap JLA clones but JMS's writing is the best around. wink

life is cruell
how does aquamans telepathy rival xaviers i made a thread about whos telepathy is stronger and most everyone agreed xaviers was

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.