Bush Supports Christian Persecution?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS

KharmaDog
Do I hear wedding bells?

Deano
bit paranoid aint ya? big grin

stop with these conspiracys

PVS
Originally posted by Deano

its called 'FACT' deano

FACT: Bush supports the Saudi royal family

FACT: The Saudi Royal family actively persecutes any practicing of religion other than islam

where do you see conspiracy? now move along. i'm sure rense.com has some nice alien abduction articles for you to enjoy. surely this must be boring for you.

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
its called 'FACT' deano

FACT: Bush supports the Saudi royal family

FACT: The Saudi Royal family actively persecutes any practicing of religion other than islam

where do you see conspiracy? now move along. i'm sure rense.com has some nice alien abduction articles for you to enjoy. surely this must be boring for you.

i was joking...chill ....i sense your very tense

fact? like the so called official story of 9/11

yes it is boring for me....''conspiracys'' are much more interesting

PVS
ok then

take care now

bye bye smile

Deano
try not to get upset about it

bush supports christain persecution? u act like that surprises you

you can get ya pantys in a twist about it if u like..

byesmile

Tex
That's hot. eyes

Capt_Fantastic
I think he was joking P

Capt_Fantastic
As for the matter at hand, there is no doubt in my mind that Bush is playing the role of the good christian for the benefit of the conservative right. Actually, for the benefit of himself. Follow the money trail, and you'll find the only god Bush is loyal to.

PVS
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
As for the matter at hand, there is no doubt in my mind that Bush is playing the role of the good christian for the benefit of the conservative right. Actually, for the benefit of himself. Follow the money trail, and you'll find the only god Bush is loyal to.

which begs the question...does bush believe in his supposed faith?
if so, then he must believe that there is a hell. and where would a man
of such power end up in the afterlife, after allowing the name of christ to be
forsaken...for the sake of wealth and power? what would christ have to say
about the way in which bush declares that being free is every human being's god given right(which i believe but apparently he doesnt) and then allows it to be taken away without flinching? would the hypocracy anger god?

really, does bush know he's holding hands with the devil?
does he know that if there is a hell, he has a presidential suite awaiting him?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
which begs the question...does bush believe in his supposed faith?

No.

Linkalicious
I'm having a hard time grasping the full scope of the message you're trying to portray here PVS...

Are you suggesting Bush should use the United States military in order to do something about this situation just because it goes against religious up bringing?

PVS
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Are you suggesting Bush should use the United States military in order to do something about this situation just because it goes against religious up bringing?

please forgive the angry tone, but i feel it's warranted.
perhaps if you would read...you would be able to answer your own question.
but i guess thats too hard, so ill walk you through it.

-bush vowed to end all tyranny throughout the world. that was his final reason (of many) to justify invading iraq, after the original reasons were proven false. freedom.

-the saudi royal family (why am i repeating this for the 3rd time?) WILL ARREST AND JAIL ANYONE PRACTICING ANY RELIGION BESIDES ISLAM (please tell me you understood that time)

AdventChild
bush sucks as a person... he seems like a hippocritical person that's only in for himself and those that will benefit him..... i still can't see how he won the election......

smoker4

Basically what i was gonna say smile

GCG
Good Question

Saudi Arabia is GWB's sugar daddy ; he is not going to get into the way of their custom...actually its not that he supports christian persecution ; he doesnt give a **** about religions. to him praying is a waste of time and Time is $$$ . thats what it looks like at least

lil bitchiness

WindDancer
This might help to bring light into the subject:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=544&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20050425/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_saudi_arabia

GCG
looks like GW has adopted an 'opportunity cost' on the matter. He must have known about the arrest of the Pakistanis, but as per that article WD posted, he did not commence with that matter (A priority of the 'Freedom' he stood by vs Iraq), however took the soaring crude oil prices into pole position for the meeting. The Opportunity Cost of NOT abiding to freedom ideals to loosen the Gas Price on the American consumer.

Domestic Issue VS Freedom Issue.

Can someone tell me if the matter involved US soldiers stationed in Saudi Arabia would Bush have had a different approach to the meeting ?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

And Bush, once again is a disgrace - why would you want to be ''friends'' with country which denies human rights and religious freedom.

The same reason he attacked Iraq, the same reason he's gonna tear up a nature reserve in Alaska. It's all about the black gold.

GCG
miffed @ Bush !

Ou Be Low hoo
The truth is quite simple. Bush will support people who protect and project his best interests. When he needs to get re-elected he uses the Xian-right as a strong foundation of support. When he needs Saudi oil and investment, he uses them regardless of their disgraceful human-rights record. Is anyone really surprised considering the atrocities that have been and are being committed by US forces in places like Abu Ghraib, Gunatanomo Bay, Afghanistan, etc, etc, etc? I'm not.

leonheartmm
bush's policy is USE, ABUSE AND WASTE, hes only out there for his own interest, when something or some1, {no matter how disgusting they are} suits his interest, he will shamelessly stay with em, on other times when some1 is a hindrance to his goals, hell put up some bullshit excuse to go after em, think about it, the atrocoties are beeing committed at so many places in the world, hell they were there even when america supported the taliban n iraq, but they never did nuthin about em, its only when they want sumtin thatr the american government uses it as an excuse for their wars, people get raped and murdered like animals in kashmir{over 700000 REPORTED deaths till now} at the hands of the indian ,ilitary but no1 cares about them, infact america portrays the scene as if its the jihadi's who r doin the terrorism{thorugh media propaganda}, when infact the truth is different, its only cause america supports india that that happens. not to mention the wars n suffering in africa, if the american government{n specially bush} were such big champions of justice, why have they NEVER gottan into those things? it makes me sick

finti
hmm maybe we should introduce this kind of law in Norway only for the benefit of the state church, well I know one group who would scream bloody murder then. As for Bush squeezing the Saudis ass whats new about that? Once a contradictions bastard always a contradictions bastard

BullitNutz
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Someone with the right kind of insanity and the right kind of weapon will assassinate Bush when they find out he's really just using people who can boost his fame/approval ratings.

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Deano

no You and your bush threads PVS.jm laughing

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
no You and your bush threads PVS.jm laughing

Have you read any of this thread JM? I swear that sometimes your slack jawed totally uninformed and unispired comments drive me insane.
blowup

and isn't PVS on your ignore list?

PVS
JM, i'm begging you to hold true to your word and ignore me.

anyway, i'm reading posts which ask "why does this surprise you" and "how is this new news" ...etc...

well, its not new to me or anyone who's head does not occupy their colon. however, in every bush thread, there seems to be logical loopholes in which bush worshipers--i mean--supporters find some way to alieve him of any responsability. it always ends up being "not his fault" and he is NEVER in the wrong. well, i want to see what they have to say now. PLEASE present your arguement. or will they just HAPPEN to fall silent once again, like so many times before. makes me wonder just why they continue to worship him. is it truely a matter of ideals? or is it just that they cant accept that they made a dreadful mistake in voting for him...its ok though...we all get duped and screwed, its nothing to be ashamed of. proud ignorance however is shameful beyond measure.

Originally posted by GCG
Can someone tell me if the matter involved US soldiers stationed in Saudi Arabia would Bush have had a different approach to the meeting ?

bush sees the sauidi royal family as a gigantic cash cow. they will do nothing to so much as offend them, so forget about any show of force. which brings to mind the deletion of any text in the 9-11 report which refered to saudi funding. bush has said "9/11 must NEVER be forgotten", but apparently the important details of what caused it are expendable in the face of profit.

Jackie Malfoy
HOW OLD ARE YOU?

PVS
reported for off-topic nonesense.
go play in the OTF, please. sad

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
HOW OLD ARE YOU?

WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?
WHAT'S YOUR POINT?
WHAT'S WITH THE CAPITALS?

Does PVS's age have anything to do with Bush lying in bed with the Saudi's? Or Bush's behaviour and reasoning for his actions? Probably not.

PVS
just ignore her kharma.

Jedi Priestess
Here PVS, maybe this will come in handy.
http://img181.echo.cx/img181/8519/givedamndownload8kj.gif

of course it's also what I think about Bush threads. laughing out loud

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Here PVS, maybe this will come in handy.
http://img181.echo.cx/img181/8519/givedamndownload8kj.gif

of course it's also what I think about Bush threads. laughing out loud

Yes because discourse regarding the politics of your country, how they affect the general population, and your leader of your country's general disregard for popular opinion or the best interests of the American people (unless it's election time) is totally not worth talking about.

Jedi Priestess
Kharma relax, PVS knows I was playing with him. He also knows my political views.
And now so you know, I think it's pointless sitting around b!tching about something you cant change. laughing out loud

PVS
throughout history, revolutions have started by people simply sitting around and bitching.

Jedi Priestess
Well then, round up your minions and head to Washington babe! wink

ATTACK! ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja

KharmaDog
Priestess, by sitting around and talking about this, maybe at least one person's eyes will open up and see that things might be different than they originally thought.

That is enough reason for me.

As for popping off, sorry, it's just that so many people actually feel that way I find it frustrating.

PVS
I think it's pointless sitting around b!tching about something you cant change. laughing out loud

if we all thought that way throughout america's history where would we be now? c'mon JP, you know that the spread of information is vital in any free society. especially in a time when our population is routinely bombarded with fake news and propaganda.

Jedi Priestess
I know all that dearie, I just dont care. Apathy is my name today. laughing out loud

WindDancer
Please keep this on topic.

Jedi Priestess
Excuse me? I don't believe stating that I don't care about this topic makes it OFF topic. I am entitled to my opinion. Rather than type out some big long rant about how I feel about this I just stated my point. PVS and I weren't arguing or anything. Sooooooo glad I'm going to be offline for a few weeks, I'm tired of having my posts monitored all the time. ta ta kids..............

finti
you know what Bush is in Norwegian evil face

WindDancer
Negativo JP that warning wasn't address to you. It was address to someone else that is gettin off topic. Your posts are on topic.

PVS
Excuse me? I don't believe stating that I don't care about this topic makes it OFF topic. I am entitled to my opinion. Rather than type out some big long rant about how I feel about this I just stated my point. PVS and I weren't arguing or anything. Sooooooo glad I'm going to be offline for a few weeks, I'm tired of having my posts monitored all the time. ta ta kids..............

WD was just responding to a report i made JP. just check a few posts back
before your first post and you'll see why. since i dont want to mention names and keep it in the rearview, you'll just have to go back a page and see for yourself wink .

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
if we all thought that way throughout america's history where would we be now? c'mon JP, you know that the spread of information is vital in any free society. especially in a time when our population is routinely bombarded with fake news and propaganda.

You disprove your own point, kinda. You can't really be free when there is nothing but lies being fed to you, by both sides of the aisle. And the worst part is that it is a self impossed lack of freedom. No one wants to examine the facts in this country. They all want to act like Jackie and regurgitate osundbites. This administration is hypocritical in the most severe sense of the word. I mean, to tie it all back to the topic of the thread, they espouse all these "moral" stands and a totall belief in the power and justice of a god they use to gain votes. If I was a christian in this country today, I'd be furious that I'd been duped into believing that the biggest problem in this country was that gays are getting married and a dead woman is taken off life support. The tyranny of Saddam Hussein is indisputable, but that of the Saudi royal family is not? I certainly don't think it's a waste of time to bring that to the attention of an ill-informed public, and certainly no less of a waste of time here on the forums. And it's a misconception that nothing can be done. It's isn't that, it's that nothing WILL be done. Anyone who represents an administration that flat out lies to the country it represents should be impeached. But that won't happen. So, maybe we are stuck with this guy for the next four years. But we sure as hell can change the outcome of the next election so there won't be a continuation of this administrations policies. And I can assure you, the Republican party(controlled by the conservative christian right) has already started thinking ahead. I hear adds on the radio RIGHT NOW for voting republican. The last one I heard was a commercial aimed at black americans which stated that they owe their freedom to the republican party. I wasn't under the impression that there was an election this year. Things have got to change, and that won't happen if we wait until the last minute.

lil bitchiness
If I was a christian in this country today, I'd be furious that I'd been duped into believing that the biggest problem in this country was that gays are getting married and a dead woman is taken off life support. The tyranny of Saddam Hussein is indisputable, but that of the Saudi royal family is not? I certainly don't think it's a waste of time to bring that to the attention of an ill-informed public, and certainly no less of a waste of time here on the forums. And it's a misconception that nothing can be done. It's isn't that, it's that nothing WILL be done. Anyone who represents an administration that flat out lies to the country it represents should be impeached. But that won't happen. So, maybe we are stuck with this guy for the next four years. But we sure as hell can change the outcome of the next election so there won't be a continuation of this administrations policies. And I can assure you, the Republican party(controlled by the conservative christian right) has already started thinking ahead. I hear adds on the radio RIGHT NOW for voting republican. The last one I heard was a commercial aimed at black americans which stated that they owe their freedom to the republican party. I wasn't under the impression that there was an election this year. Things have got to change, and that won't happen if we wait until the last minute.

The problem lies in that so many people either cannot see that, or are choosing to ignore it - why, its beyond me.

Saudi Arabia is braking so many of the international human rights laws, freedom of religion laws, they uphold the laws on women and that they are not allowed to do anything, go anywhere, the country that still has ''blood money'' system, which was used in tribes thousands of years ago - yet Bush invades Iraq on the grounds of the stuff ive mentioned, but Saudi Arabia's conduct is somehow...ok.

CF - I agree by the way.

PVS
You disprove your own point, kinda. You can't really be free when there is nothing but lies being fed to you, by both sides of the aisle. And the worst part is that it is a self impossed lack of freedom. No one wants to examine the facts in this country. They all want to act like Jackie and regurgitate osundbites.

This administration is hypocritical in the most severe sense of the word. I mean, to tie it all back to the topic of the thread, they espouse all these "moral" stands and a totall belief in the power and justice of a god they use to gain votes. If I was a christian in this country today, I'd be furious that I'd been duped into believing that the biggest problem in this country was that gays are getting married and a dead woman is taken off life support.

The tyranny of Saddam Hussein is indisputable, but that of the Saudi royal family is not? I certainly don't think it's a waste of time to bring that to the attention of an ill-informed public, and certainly no less of a waste of time here on the forums. And it's a misconception that nothing can be done. It's isn't that, it's that nothing WILL be done.

Anyone who represents an administration that flat out lies to the country it represents should be impeached. But that won't happen. So, maybe we are stuck with this guy for the next four years. But we sure as hell can change the outcome of the next election so there won't be a continuation of this administrations policies. And I can assure you, the Republican party(controlled by the conservative christian right) has already started thinking ahead. I hear adds on the radio RIGHT NOW for voting republican. The last one I heard was a commercial aimed at black americans which stated that they owe their freedom to the republican party. I wasn't under the impression that there was an election this year. Things have got to change, and that won't happen if we wait until the last minute.

i took the libery of breaking that up into paragraphs. much easier on the eyes.

and yes, republicans today act as if they hone to the same ideals as in the past, which is bullshit. they are a hypocritcal abomination of what the republican ideal is supposed to be. in fact, if there was a genuine republican running for president, i would probably vote for him/her. but unfortunately, it has been hijacked and turned into the 'jesus party'. and as we see now, jesus has no say in their policy. only 'god' as in 'in god we trust' as in currency.

as far as repulicans freeing the slaves...WOW...i never heard such a sickening racist commercial. whoever wrote that deserves a bolt through the back of the head. but thats just the way they are. today's pseudo-republicans are like a bunch of roosters taking credit for the sunrise.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
i took the libery of breaking that up into paragraphs. much easier on the eyes.

No problem with me. I don't even realize I'm not breaking it up. I get off on a rant and end up making mistakes like that.

GCG

GCG
Capt_Fantastic : You could specify what country you talk about when you say 'The biggest problem in this country is......' .

lil bitchiness
And the freaky thing is - thats probably what happened.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by GCG
Capt_Fantastic : You could specify what country you talk about when you say 'The biggest problem in this country is......' .

That's true. I could. But, considering that I'm talking about Bush and his domestic policy should give it away. But, you're right. I could make myself more clear.

Sadako of Girth

Ou Be Low hoo

I think the warning should be addressed to JP. What is the point in constantly entering a debate to say that you think the debate is futile without adding ANYTHING to the discussion!?!?

Anyway...

Contradictions are the nature of Bush's presidency. "Do as I say, not as I do!".

In the words of another..."How many evil-doers can we bomb and kill before we, ourselves, are considered 'evil-doers'?"

PVS
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
I think the warning should be addressed to JP. What is the point in constantly entering a debate to say that you think the debate is futile without adding ANYTHING to the discussion!?!?

and perhaps a warning should be issued to you for instigating
and also for telling the mods how to do their job?
it was just a misunderstanding and the issue was dead and buried
until you came along.

ANYWAY...

BullitNutz
^ you mean, a misunderestimation?

PVS

BullitNutz
Weapons of ma----wait....

They were a thre----- no, wait a second...

TO FREE THE IRAQI PEOPLE, THAT'S RIGHT!!!

laughing Pass the fren---er... freedom fries, please.

GCG
LOL ; we should make some comic strips laughing out loud

PVS
im sure its been done

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS

And you just did what you accused OBLh of.

Just like you don't like anyone sending any warnings to JP, I dont believe anyone should be sending any warnings (!!!!!) to OBLh, especially since he's not doing anything wrong.
He has expressed his view in the acceptable manner.

We seem to understand each other quite well - I hope this can be one of those times too.

PVS
i just meant that as a smartass jab. i really dont care if he gets a warning or not

WindDancer
Originally posted by PVS
it was just a misunderstanding and the issue was dead and buried
until you came along.

ANYWAY...

That's okay PVS don't worry about it. Let's just keep it on topic.

PVS
you got it wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.