Stiffer Penalties for Movie Piracy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shugie99
Wanted to share this article about legislation seeking to implement three year prison sentences for people illegally recording movies. It looks like Congress and the MPAA are really coming down on this.

http://www.thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/042005/copyright.html

Jackie Malfoy
Interesting.JM

KidRock
Who cares. People should stop being cheap asses and pay for movies.

PVS
fining may be in order...but PRISON??

someone deserves to get beaten and ass raped on a daily basis for pirating a movie? right then....SIEG HEIL!!!!!!

WindDancer
I don't like piracy, but there really isn't anything that can stop it. Some way or another someone is going to pirate a movie. 3 years in prison seems a bit to much. Maybe a very high fine will be enough to make a person thinks twice about piracy again.

pr1983
but isnt piracy only piracy when money is being exchanged?

WindDancer
I'm not sure. I think it depends on the law and also when and where is applied.

Imperial_Samura
My goodness, while I don't particularly like it, and I buy my movies from a legitimate source, a three year jail sentence seems pretty excessive.

SlipknoT
I thought this thread said something else evil face

GCG
breach of copyright *ouch* is piracy yes. Everytime i hear that word my ears ache.

Mostly the gripe is about copied material being distributed against payment

forumcrew
Originally posted by pr1983
but isnt piracy only piracy when money is being exchanged?

pirating movies, music, etc is stealing something that you would normally have to pay for, therefore it involves money even if its indirect.

I think harsh penalties are only in order for the distribution groups not someone who downloads a couple soungs, but the guys who are starting it all. (also the ones they will have the hardest time going after and therefore prolly never will, meaning they will NEVER stop it)

and for the guy who said stop being cheap.. I see no problem with seeing a movie in the theater and then d/l it to check out some parts again. they got their money and they arnt gonna put out a dvd for months and they cant expect me to go back to the theater 10 times

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by forumcrew

I think harsh penalties are only in order for the distribution groups not someone who downloads a couple soungs, but the guys who are starting it all.

I agree with this, i also think it is good they are bringing in harsher laws, i am not a fan of piracy, so anything to combat it is good to me.

DeVi| D0do
Death penalty for movie pirating!!!

devil

tabby999
yeah, go the way of china, shoot them and send the family a bill for the bullet

shugie99
Well the idea is to prevent people from doing this so it makes sense to offer strict sentencing. If you don't want to go to jail for 3 years for recording movies then don't record movies.

Fishy
God i'm happy to live in the Netherlands, can't get punished for it here big grin

but thats really going overboard, unless you are somebody who distributes it to a lot of people, then jailtime might be appropriate, but three years? Thats insane...

PVS
Originally posted by shugie99
Well the idea is to prevent people from doing this so it makes sense to offer strict sentencing. If you don't want to go to jail for 3 years for recording movies then don't record movies.

ahh yes, the old 'if you dont do it then you have nothing to fear' arguement.
so whats with the weakass jailtime then? why not just have public execution?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

manny321
well according to the laws of Canada file sharing is legal and its hurting Business. 150 million files were downloaded by Canadians alone on those programs, imagine US, Europe, China. It takes billions away however i don't have much sympathy. THe music industry almost collapsed in 2000 when CD burners came out but they are still here. Movies are not as popular as before according to inflation but make shit loads of money. Myself, i share some files on Kazaa and i download 1-2 movies every month or two. Don't care, i am not spending 8$ + food to see a movie which may be utter crap. I till see 4-5 movies a year in theaters and many more on rental. I doubt the companies will get much support from the government, because the government alleges them of corrupting society. Its messed up but i don't care if they go down.

tiptheauthors
Bringing this tread alive. I am doing research of how to implement good service so jailtime and restrictions are not needed.

Please take 2 minutes to answer these multiple choice questions to bring more clarity, url for survey is goo.gl/2cXRp

jinXed by JaNx
so as long as i dont record it i'm good?

dadudemon
Stiffer penalties meaning buttsex in prison? Makes sense.

focus4chumps
nQB4nAjZIdE

dadudemon
PVS seemed so much more light-hearted in 2005. Wonder what he's up to, these days?

focus4chumps
Originally posted by dadudemon
PVS seemed so much more light-hearted in 2005. Wonder what he's up to, these days?

if you lost touch, how is it that you know he's not as lighthearted these days? (yes yes, you've accused me of being this character many times, i just find your self contradiction curious)

Tzeentch._
Are you mentally ill?

focus4chumps
are you going to spend the next 6 pages embarrassing yourself again? lets just skip to page 4 when you ask me over and over if i'm a homosexual.

Tzeentch._
What?

focus4chumps
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=576122&pagenumber=2

dadudemon
Originally posted by focus4chumps
if you lost touch, how is it that you know he's not as lighthearted these days? (yes yes, you've accused me of being this character many times, i just find your self contradiction curious)

Option B: Recently, I've interacted with and observed him interacting with others but have not gotten to talk to PVS very much so I do not know what he is up to these days.

But don't let a little bit of calm thinking get in the way of another one your tantrums. smile

focus4chumps
Option B: Recently, I've interacted with and observed him interacting with others but have not gotten to talk to PVS very much so I do not know what he is up to these days.

so by "these days" you mean like "this week"? and by "recently" you mean....oh never mind. tell him i said hello. you keep bringing him up so much that i feel like i know him as well.

But don't let a little bit of calm thinking get in the way of another one your tantrums. smile

right. "calm thinking"

dadudemon
so by "these days" you mean like "this week"? and by "recently" you mean....oh never mind. tell him i said hello. you keep bringing him up so much that i feel like i know him as well.

I see what you intended to do but you abandoned it realizing it came off as desperate comeback. Sorry, mang, you can't salvage this.

right. "calm thinking"

You should try it, sometime. You'd be amazed at how much better life is.

Now excuse me, I have to go strut my stuff because I pwned another n00b on the internet.

focus4chumps
you should work on avoiding those self contradictions. then you wont have to spend hours and pages explain how you didnt say exactly what you said. take care and i hope your "pwnings" go well smile

dadudemon
you should work on avoiding those self contradictions. then you wont have to spend hours and pages explain how you didnt say exactly what you said. take care and i hope your "pwnings" go well smile

There we go: more effort on a comeback. You forcing contradictions will not actually work as a comeback, however.

Post some more, please: you're at least providing laughs. Oh, I know, make fun of someone, again. That seems to make you happier.

Tzeentch._
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=576122&pagenumber=2 Originally posted by focus4chumps
your butthurt is giving me a painful erection which i fear may last longer than four hours.

focus4chumps

Now excuse me, I have to go strut my stuff because I pwned another n00b on the internet.

There we go: more effort on a comeback. You forcing contradictions will not actually work as a comeback, however.

Post some more, please: you're at least providing laughs. Oh, I know, make fun of someone, again. That seems to make you happier.

i thought you were done "pwning" me? surely someone of your caliber of awesomeness has better things to do...

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Tzeentch._

i have no comeback since you already posted it. thanks smile

dadudemon
i thought you were done "pwning" me? surely someone of your caliber of awesomeness has better things to do...

I did not realize I was still "pwning" you (but you obviously do, lol)? I simply requested more trantrum posts from you. Are you drunk, again? It is Saturday night.

Edit - And where's this evidence of me accusing you of being PVS? PVS was much more fun than you are. You spend too much time trying to insult others and sulk.

focus4chumps
ah i see. please quote these insults so that i may recognize my wrongdoing and better myself.

dadudemon
ah i see. please quote these insults so that i may recognize my wrongdoing and better myself.

No, you show me where I accused you of being PVS. Showing that you insult other posters AND sulk is like asking if the Westboro Baptist Church hates gays.

You may be under the mistaken impression that an insult is like calling someone a name. That's not the only way to insult someone. Derp duh rules, derp donde el insults? Derpy do!

focus4chumps
ok good. so you have no quotes of me insulting you or anyone, and were lying and slandering yet again. just like your constant implications of me being PVS.

as far as your spammed accusations toward me via PM over my time here, i believe it is against forum rules to air such nonesense out in public threads.

dadudemon
ok good. so you have no quotes of me insulting you or anyone, and were lying and slandering yet again. just like your constant implications of me being PVS.

You could just be ignorant and I am assuming too much about you. Is it possible you don't know what the definitions of "insult" or "insulting" means?

as far as your spammed accusations toward me via PM over my time here, i believe it is against forum rules to air such nonesense out in public threads.

Well, this didn't happen. You're off your rocker, man. *backs away slowly*

focus4chumps
You could just be ignorant and I am assuming too much about you. Is it possible you don't know what the definitions of "insult" or "insulting" means?

ok so you have nothing to prove your claim. do you know what "baldfaced lie" means?

Well, this didn't happen. You're off your rocker, man. *backs away slowly*

predictable response. but please carry on as if you have a shred of credibility.

dadudemon
ok so you have nothing to prove your claim. do you know what "baldfaced lie" means?

"Is it possible you don't know what the definitions of 'insult' or 'insulting' means?"

You clearly do but pretend you don't so you can play a game out of boredom.

predictable response. but please carry on as if you have a shred of credibility.

It was predictable that I would think of you as a crazy person because you're making stuff up about PMs? And why would I worry about this "credibility" that really only applies to you?

I'll beat you to the punch.

focus4chumps
You spend too much time trying to insult others and sulk.

again, where are these insults? oh right. you were lying. again.

dadudemon
again, where are these insults? oh right. you were lying. again.

Define insult as you think it is defined.

focus4chumps
oh so its a philosophical debate then? i though we were talking about the actual definition of "insult". please, enlighten me with your arbitrary interpretation of the word and we'll pretend you didnt get caught in another lie.

all aboard the ddm-coaster! please remain seated and keep your arms and legs inside the cart until the tireless rebutting comes to a complete stop. (lol j/k. it never stops)

dadudemon
oh so its a philosophical debate then? i though we were talking about the actual definition of "insult". please, enlighten me with your arbitrary interpretation of the word and we'll pretend you didnt get caught in another lie.

all aboard the ddm-coaster! please remain seated and keep your arms and legs inside the cart until the tireless rebutting comes to a complete stop. (lol j/k. it never stops)

*asks for f4c to define "insult" as he defines it*
*f4c dodges the question and pretends I am about to enlighten "us" about the definition*

nope.jpg

You define what you think insult means. This is not about what I think it means: this is about what you think it means. If you think of insult as this really weird strange, non-standard definition, then, sure, I'll agree that your definition of insult means your posts are not insulting.

Hurry before we get into trouble for derailing all the threads.

focus4chumps

dadudemon

focus4chumps

dadudemon
you may feel insulted (see: butthurt) but it still doesnt fit the definition. you accused me of insulting, which is a willful act of scorn and abuse, which coincides with forum rules.

Question: so you deny that those two posts of yours I pointed out were not insulting?

Insulting others does not fit the definition of insulting others: got it.

Pro Tip: I did not feel insulted. wink

Last word.

focus4chumps
ah good so you were lying again.

lets drop it though, i dont want you filling my PM box up with e-toughguy threats. fear

nannasin28
I buy my movies from a legitimate source.. 2N3906

tipauthors
How can we resolve movie piracy problem without punishments and restrictions?

I am doing research in university about it, please help by answering these a few multiple choice questions, the URL is goo.gl/2cXRp and share your ideas in here. Thank you!

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
so as long as i dont record it i'm good?

No if you watch a movie on a website that is of a pirate copy then there is a problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.