Maul vs AotC Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revan Darkstar
Who would win between Darth Maul and AotC Anakin?

Darth_Glentract
Maul kills him. Are you making threads for the funof it?

Kun-ni Habeo
maul

Wanderer259
We've seen what happens when Anakin fights other Force users (as of AotC). It's all rushing in to get your arm chopped off. And against someone not as classy as Dooku (something about Dooku makes me think he's a bit more forgiving than Maul), he'd probably lose much more than that.

Like his head.

Maul wins.

Kun-ni Habeo
lol

jedimaster2000
Well, do you think Anakin could hold off Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon like how Maul did?

I don't think so. Therefore, Maul takes this.

jackstain
well, i dont think my opinion matters here. in fact im sure everyone thought about me before they vote in any maul thread, but cmon, what do u think i think?

Darth_Janus
Maul wins.

DarthRB
Maul wins.As of AotC,Anakin is too hot-headed,and that's why he got his arm chopped off-he did not THINK about the consequences of the charge.

Count Makashi
And Maul by this time is still better. He wouldn't own Anakin, but he would win.

Riverollv
Maul takes this with just a little difficulty

LORDSIDIOUS01
Maul is the better fighter at this particular time. Maul ftw

kiddo44
Maul would win, but Anakin would give him a very good fight.

Borbarad
Originally posted by DarthRB
Maul wins.As of AotC,Anakin is too hot-headed,and that's why he got his arm chopped off-he did not THINK about the consequences of the charge.

Is there a point behind your thread necromancy or are you plain and simply annoying ?

Topic: Maul still wins...

darthsith19
Originally posted by kiddo44
Maul would win, but Anakin would give him a very good fight.
Wrong. Anakin would give him a small fight. Honestly, a tired Maul took out Jinn in 30 seconds, and Jinn > Anakin. I call 30 seconds a medium length duel at best. Anakin won't be lasting 30 seconds.

kiddo44
Originally posted by darthsith19
Wrong. Anakin would give him a small fight. Honestly, a tired Maul took out Jinn in 30 seconds, and Jinn > Anakin. I call 30 seconds a medium length duel at best. Anakin won't be lasting 30 seconds. DS you are overrating Maul here, Anakin lasted longer than 30 seconds with Dooku, he did better than Kenobi in the novel and the movie, and Dooku is at a different level than Maul. And AOTC Anakin in sabers is equal with AOTC Kenobi, and the TPM Kenobi gave Maul a very good fight, which took all of Maul's skills to not get killed, well he did killed, and AOTC Anakin>TPM Kenobi, it would be a very close fight.

Darth Subjekt

And Maul wasn't hot-headed and rush in? He himself got cut in half, your forearm being cut off isnt quite as bad.

Originally posted by darthsith19
Wrong. Anakin would give him a small fight. Honestly, a tired Maul took out Jinn in 30 seconds, and Jinn > Anakin. I call 30 seconds a medium length duel at best. Anakin won't be lasting 30 seconds.

You cant judge that because we haven't seen Anakin really fight in AOTC, and when he did, he did so against someone superior to Maul, and made Dooku have to catch his breath. If Maul won, it would be after a long fight. And "not 100%" doesn't equal tired. He wasn't panting or moving slowly around the room.

darthsith19
Maul wasn't at full strength because he was panting in the duel, he wasn't at full strength meaning that his battle with Tuskens and Pirates on Tatooine left him not at full strength. Was Dooku toying with Anakin? Still, Anakin doesn't put up a "very good fight".

Spidervlad
Obi-Wan killed Maul only because Jinn gave Maul a good fight. Maul was exhausted by the time Obi-Wan started fighting him. Thats why Maul could fight both of them at the beginning, but died at the end.

Oh, and to Darth Subjekt: Dooku could have killed Anakin in AOTC with a flick of his finger. He didn't because Sidious told him not to kill Anakin. Remember, Sidious wanted to convert Anakin to the dark side.

Darth Subjekt
You'd have to prove he had orders not to kill Anakin. He (dooku) was clearly "tested" by his encounter with Skywalker, as you can tell by his reaction after pushing him. Also, i believe the novel goes into more detail how fatigued Dooku was after fighting Anakin. It should be noted that Anakin did better against Dooku that OB1 did and the severity of injuries they both received is not an indication of success in the duels, as Dooku could have quite easily gone right through OB1's arm and leg.

Also, if you even want to take it to ROTS and say Dooku was not to kill Anakin, you will know that in the novel (the only place that ridiculous portion of the storyline was included) that Dooku said he would treat the duel "as if it were his crowning achievement" meaning he would not hold back. In fact, Anakin was the one holding back and still tooled Dooku. However, as this may be irrelevant in this thread, i digress. There was not a "doubling" in Anakin's power from AOTC to ROTS,as that statement was made out of Anakin talking shit. So, Anakin was still extremely proficient and skilled with a saber, and would at the very least give Maul a hell of a fight. Overall skill level means jack shit in the big picture as people fight and react differently in each fight, meaning, just because Maul can do this to person A, doesn't mean he can do it to anyone else, especially Anakin. An example, Anakin pwnd Dooku, Dooku tooled OB1, OB1 bested Anakin. Yet another reason why DarthSith's A>B>C bullshit doesn't work.

Oh and, OB1 won out of luck, as he usually does, thus making his OT quote, "no such thing as luck," quite humorous.

vader11
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Maul wins.

overlord
Maul wins.As of AotC,Anakin is too hot-headed,and that's why he got his arm chopped off-he did not THINK about the consequences of the charge. Nice of you to bump a two year old thread only to agree with other people's ancient posts..

DarthRB
Well, but it is the truth.Lets face it,Maul COULD have defeated Qui-Gon and Kenobi,but he underestimated the boy.He got cut in half ONLY because he did not kill Kenobi when he had the chance(When Kenobi was hanging by the pit.)Maul could have killed him at this point,but he let hes arrogance get the better of him and thats when Kenobi cut him in half.As for Skywalker,when the fight with Dooku started he charged stupidly and ignoring teamwork at Dooku,and was beaten.Then,after,when Kenobi threw his light saber to Anakin,he just did the same thing,and lost again.This isn't being hot-headed? Maul actually used his head at his fight,if he had done the same thing as Anakin,he would get killed earlier in the fight, maybe when Kenobi went all Dark Side on him,or by Qui-Gon.Remember that Maul wasn't at full strengh at this fight.

Big Gerald
Maul with some difficulty. Anakin isn't strong enough yet.

godemperortrump
Maul wins easily

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by overlord
Nice of you to bump a two year old thread only to agree with other people's ancient posts..

YousufKhan1212
What's worse is this one is 10 years old.

TheNuisanceBird
I believe Gillard called TPM Maul an 8 and somewhere else when talking about Kenobi and Skywalker in ROTS, said they were both 7's in AOTC before going up to an 8 and a 9.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.