House Of M

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

platinumx
I just wanted to know what you guys think about the House Of M event thingy that is coming up, its suposed to be the biggest thing in marvel ever. =/

gls
what is it exactly?

Sage Tessa
A Marvel line-wide crossover, along the lines of the Age of Apocalypse. wink

I'm looking forward to it, but I don't know how well it'll pan out.

Sunspot
I found something

THE MARVEL EVENT OF THE DECADE IS HERE!! The Avengers and the X-Men are faced with a common foe that becomes their greatest threat: Wanda Maximoff! The Scarlet Witch is out of control and the fate of the entire world is in her hands. Will Magneto help his daughter or use her powers to his own benefit?

hope it helps

LISA-J
Their saying on other sites that there will be big deaths,don't know who though.

stormfront13
yeah i read it will involve every character that has ever been a mamver of the x-men and every character that has evenm been a member of the avengers

Rave X
Jeez.. thats a lot..

gls
every member of both teams?

stormfront13
thats what i have read from a few pages

Sage Tessa
Yes, and others say 'everyone in the Marvel Universe'.

There is such a thing as exaggeration, you know. wink

stormfront13
well to me it makes sence for ther to be almost all the x-men and avengers since it is such a major event and it will affect the entire marvel universe.

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
well to me it makes sence for ther to be almost all the x-men and avengers since it is such a major event and it will affect the entire marvel universe.

they said the same about aoa... and it was only several characters...

unless its on the scale of onsluaght i doubt it...

Sunspot
is there any guide on the net that indicates the onslaught read order? like they have to AoA?

stormfront13
well almost anywhere i read it it says that the house of M will affect the entire marvel universe

pr1983
Originally posted by Sunspot
is there any guide on the net that indicates the onslaught read order? like they have to AoA?

i have it...

And for Onslaught...let me take a deeeeep breath...

I. RECOMMENDED READING(Preludes and Tie-Ins)
Avengers (Vol. 1) #400
Cable #31, 32, 33
Captain America #454
Excalibur #99
Fantastic Four #414
Generation X #15, 16
Iron Man (Vol. 1) #331
Sensational Spider-Man #8
Spectacular Spider-Man #237
Thor #502
Uncanny X-Men #322, 331, 333, 334
Wolverine #93
X-Force #46, 52
X-Man #15, 16, 17
X-Men (Vol. 2) #25, 46, 49, 50
X-Men Unlimited #11, 12

II. PROLOGUE
X-Men #53
X-Men #54
Onslaught: X-Men

III. PHASE 1
Cable #34
Fantastic Four #415
Uncanny X-Men #335
X-Man #18
X-Men #55

IV. PHASE 2
Cable #35
Fantastic Four #416
Uncanny X-Men #336
X-Man #19
X-Men #56

V. IMPACT 1
Avengers #401
Excalibur #100
Generation X #18
Hulk #444
Wolverine #104
X-Factor #125
X-Force #57

VI. IMPACT 2
Amazing Spider-Man #415
Avengers #402
Generation X #19
Green Goblin #12
Hulk #445
Iron Man #332
Punisher #11
Spider-Man #72
Wolverine #105
X-Factor #126
X-Force #58

VII. CONCLUSION
Onslaught: Marvel Universe

VIII. EPILOGUE
Onslaught: Epilogue

well almost anywhere i read it it says that the house of M will affect the entire marvel universe

like sage said, marvel bare prone to exaggeration...

Rave X
Jeez.. don't tell me you know all of that by heart...

pr1983
Originally posted by Rave X
Jeez.. don't tell me you know all of that by heart...

i dont type that fast stick out tongue

i got it off the net ages ago and saved it... no idea where i got it though...

Sunspot
thanks pr1983

pr1983
thanks pr1983

my pleasure...

stormfront13
i think the two main x-teams will be involved and a few avengers cause they are on the cover of something that promotes it but for some reason dazzler is there also. idk but covers tend to give false info sometimes

pr1983
i think the two main x-teams will be involved and a few avengers cause they are on the cover of something that promotes it but for some reason dazzler is there also. idk but covers tend to give false info sometimes

even at the scale of onslaught (one of the biggest crossovers ever), they had tons of different comics to try and include everyone... house of m will have to be huge...

platinumx
It will be huge, They are making books like iron man house of M, fantastic four house of M and they look very strange.
here the july previews http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/current/showquestion.asp?faq=6&fldAuto=13

pr1983
maybe then...

ayjay
omg...this thing look massive!....omg...i've never read the AoA or Onslaught sagas....third time lucky!..^__^

o0o omg omg...there's a deadpool/cable tie in to house of M...^__^...craaazy KOOL

ScarletSpider
Bendis shouldn't be allowed to write. He's all shock factor now, which isn't shock so much anymore, as him having no idea or story to convey, and just sucking, so he feels like ruining the characters for us.

pr1983
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Bendis shouldn't be allowed to write. He's all shock factor now, which isn't shock so much anymore, as him having no idea or story to convey, and just sucking, so he feels like ruining the characters for us.

bendis is writing this? aw f*ck...

stormfront13
well i still can't wait to reads it

pr1983
well i still can't wait to reads it

bendis' comics are only good for toilet paper...

stormfront13
lol well i don't know much about the writers so i wouldn't know lol

hoorayforpeepee
since when was brian braddock protector of the omniverse?

platinumx
wow, I did not know my hopes for House of M could be crushed by one statement: Bendis is writing it. I am going to go cry now =(

ayjay
is he really that bad??

eleveninches
http://www.marvel.com/wallpaper/papers/homo1280.jpg

LISA-J
That is alot of characters,it should be cool.

pr1983
Originally posted by ayjay
is he really that bad??

yes...

Mainstream
be afraid be very afraid....they should let me write it.

pr1983
i wonder... might this be x-mens disassembled?

Mainstream
or a crisis on marvel earth.

pr1983
na, that would be too much, and besides, marvel isnt as screwed up as dc was back then...

Mainstream
true. marvel more streamlined a universe than DC. I have great hopes for this house of M storyline...what does the M stand for or do you know?

pr1983
magneto isnt it?

Mainstream
could be...but that'd be too obvious

pr1983
maybe they know that...

Mainstream
okay..heh heh

MysterioxX619Xx
I'm still on the board line if I wanna read it.

Mainstream
okay

stormfront13
i thought the M was gonna stand for mystery. i thought i read that a few places

ScarletSpider
Magneto, or Maximoff perhaps. One guy had an interesting theory that it was Mephisto, but that would be too clever and cool for Bendis to be able to pull it off.

Though not a massive Crisis event, it is meant to help streamline a few brash continuity errors, and generally smooth out the universe to allow better inter-title interaction.

stormfront13
well i have read many things that it could be called

maximoff
magneto
mystery
mehpisto
marvel

those are the main ones i have resad that M atands for

gls
Magneto, or Maximoff perhaps. One guy had an interesting theory that it was Mephisto, but that would be too clever and cool for Bendis to be able to pull it off.

Though not a massive Crisis event, it is meant to help streamline a few brash continuity errors, and generally smooth out the universe to allow better inter-title interaction.

i don't suppose u know any of the errros they'll try and fix?

ScarletSpider
I heard that they were supposed to drastically reduce the mutant population. Supposedly to return it to a "rare small group of special people." Not the massive schools, towns and islands of mutants. Though we'll see....

There was a rumor of them retconning Thor out of the Marvel universe to some degree, and replacing him with Sentry for all the big events. I doubt that will happen.

Mostly it's just supposed to reset the record, and help to synchronize the universe, making sense of timings and such, i.e. all the conflicting stories going on that pay no attention to other stories being released at the exact same time. Such as in New Avengers #4 where it's stated that Fury lost the Director seat at SHIELD and got in trouble for something. Yet, over in Captain America, he's healthy, fit and fine, leading SHIELD and doing a bang up job.

hoorayforpeepee
magneto/scarlet witch/quicksilver are the villains of house of m, from what i know. i hope xavier pulls a power stunt at some point, they need to remind us how powerful of a telepath he is.

stormfront13
i don't even care what happens in a way. its supposed to be one of the biggest marvel events and some major people are supposed to die i heard. i just can't wait to get the first copy

ayjay
when's it commin out?

Sage Tessa
The first tie-in is Excalibur (2nd Series) #13, a prelude, which should come out (in the U.S. anyway) May 11th, 2005.

ayjay
oo0oo...kooool

pr1983

There was a rumor of them retconning Thor out of the Marvel universe to some degree, and replacing him with Sentry for all the big events. I doubt that will happen.

thor? he'd better not... the bas7ard...

Sunspot
the one thing I hate about these huge sagas are the complexity of the read order...I mean...couldn't they just bring the currently titles that will be affected by this saga to an end...and then just start House of M #01 and so on...someone said it will begin in excalibur...then how do we know where it will continue?

eleveninches
There are 41 House of M titles altogether (including crossovers). I doubt that anyone will be collecting them all

Crimson Phoenix
You only need to get the main House of M mini to understand whats goin on. No way a poor student like me could afford all the titles.

Lord Unicron
I will be trying to get them all. I heard that the Avengers Dissemble was just the begining and the X-Men's were coming next ..... House of M. I know that reality is shifted, like AOA was. If you read the tie in you will see this. Spider-Man is loved by the peopl. Tony Starks Iron Man suit. I think that in this reality they are trying to wipe out normal humans. Maybe not just a thought of course. I saw a page with Warbird beating the crap out of Gambit. And him laying next to a Sentinal head that looked like a monument or something. The only thing I don't like about this is why have Spider-Man HoM mini series when it can be done in his own title? (I know more money) Like Hulk's tie in is in his normal book. Also I was looking at the HoM wallpaper and is that X-23 new look? (by Cannonball & Forge) I'm glad to see Cloak there. Means there should be other MU characters included. (I am also looking forward to the Last Hero Standing, a Spider-Girl/M2 mini series) I am looking forward to this. Magneto is in it. As stated in Fantastic Four: HoM #1. "The Fantastic Four as you've never imagined them. The trusted advisor at Magneto's right hand is almost certainly the second most powerful man in the world. But the question is ... will second-best be enough for Victor Von Doom?"

pr1983
Originally posted by Lord Unicron
I will be trying to get them all. I heard that the Avengers Dissemble was just the begining and the X-Men's were coming next ..... House of M. I know that reality is shifted, like AOA was. If you read the tie in you will see this. Spider-Man is loved by the peopl. Tony Starks Iron Man suit. I think that in this reality they are trying to wipe out normal humans. Maybe not just a thought of course. I saw a page with Warbird beating the crap out of Gambit. And him laying next to a Sentinal head that looked like a monument or something. The only thing I don't like about this is why have Spider-Man HoM mini series when it can be done in his own title? (I know more money) Like Hulk's tie in is in his normal book. Also I was looking at the HoM wallpaper and is that X-23 new look? (by Cannonball & Forge) I'm glad to see Cloak there. Means there should be other MU characters included. (I am also looking forward to the Last Hero Standing, a Spider-Girl/M2 mini series) I am looking forward to this. Magneto is in it. As stated in Fantastic Four: HoM #1. "The Fantastic Four as you've never imagined them. The trusted advisor at Magneto's right hand is almost certainly the second most powerful man in the world. But the question is ... will second-best be enough for Victor Von Doom?"

doom is his right hand man? the heroes are f*cked...

hoorayforpeepee
this sounds redeemable, bendis or no...a magneto/doom team up was something i only imagined in my dreams.

pr1983
i'm still wary...

i loved the avengers... and i wanted to strangle bendis when he killed hawkeye...

this'll have to be some comic...

Lord Unicron
Well I went to scan pic from my Marvel Previews but my scanner isn't working. I'm hoping it will be good.

gls
i wish this would be its own series and not tie ins...cause i wont be able to get them otherwise..

Lord Unicron
I wish the tie ins would be in their normal books. I both both series of FF & Spidy. Now I have to get the HoM mini series too. I stopped buying Iron Man so I can pick up his mini no prob. I might not pick up Spidy's, even though I ordered it.

stormfront13
um..... i head this will be the x-mens dissasembled and marvels pre-crisis, post-crisis thing like the DC had. does anyone think this is true??

Fionnuala
um..... i head this will be the x-mens dissasembled and marvels pre-crisis, post-crisis thing like the DC had. does anyone think this is true??

i kind of hope so..as they could kill of someof the crappy hangers on..but it would be sad if some of the main charcters died..although if they do i hope they stay dead..

stormfront13
well if storm dies then i may be done with comics lol

Fionnuala
they'd better not kill her whip

stormfront13
lol they shouldn't it be a major drop in sales as well as the x-men. she is one of the most powerful characters and is almost essential to the team. she holds her team together imo

Lord Unicron
I think it's true about X-Men Dissasembled. I'm sure some main characters will die. At least one. As for who? Storm? I doubt it. Magneto? I think very possible or even the Scarlet Witch. Returns? Hawkeye. When the HoM reality is created, perhaps he is reborn.

Fionnuala
oo or the Vision..

Lord Unicron
We he kinda returned in Young Avengers #3. He's in Iron Lad's system. But I can see him getting a new body and returning to active service instead of what he is now.

pr1983
lol they shouldn't it be a major drop in sales as well as the x-men. she is one of the most powerful characters and is almost essential to the team. she holds her team together imo

not a chance... the only way sales would suffer is if gambit or logan died... if they can kill thor and still make money then they could easily kill several x-men...

as for returns, i'd be very surprised if they returned so soon after being killed...

Crimson Phoenix
Wanda better not die, or i'll threaten to never buy comics ever again, but still buy them anyway.....i'll go now

platinumx
I think all the weird tie ins are just scarlet witch going crazy with her reality altering powers so I dont think(and hope) that those changes will be permenent. But i will still pray =/

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by platinumx
I think all the weird tie ins are just scarlet witch going crazy with her reality altering powers so I dont think(and hope) that those changes will be permenent. But i will still pray =/

Aparently some of the changes will be made permanent. I mean the amount of times marvel said THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN about the event, something has to change

pr1983
maybe they realised how much of a mistake disassembled was and they're trying to fix their mistake...

gls
well..how so?

pr1983
well... this new avengers comic imo isn't as great as it was supposed to be...

and the amount of fans who were pissed when the avengers were split up may have convinced marvel to do a turn around...

gls
aahhh i see.

hmm i wonder how many wolverine fans would be angry if he died in the house of m...
stick out tongue

pr1983
Originally posted by gls
aahhh i see.

hmm i wonder how many wolverine fans would be angry if he died in the house of m...
stick out tongue

he's marvel's cash cow... as much as i wished i dont think it would happen...

gls
yea ...i can only dream...lol

stormfront13
lol i hope wolvie dies soon. the only thing i can stand about hi is that he likes storm. idk i read an interview and it said that it will seem loike an alternate reality but it is actually the 616 universe so don't get ixed up lol

Sunspot
the day wolverine dies is the day that I'll burn my comics pile...seriously...they'll never kill him...he's the best character ever

ayjay
i dunno about him being the BEST..but vital..yes....killin Wolverine would be like killing captain america

Crimson Phoenix
Wolverine used to be one of my favourite characters, but thatnks to marvel, its come to the point where i'm absolutelly sick of him. Havent they heard of overexposure- cause its not a good thing. I woudnt kill that wolverine dick, but i'd confine him to one, or at least 2 comics- and not be the one that saves the day all the time.

pr1983
they need to shrink the amount of comics he's in... killing him would be rather drastic...

Crimson Phoenix
Just thought i'd mention to anyone who hates wolverineand got new avengers 5- wolverine had his neck stabbed with his own claws by spiderwoman- absolutely loved that bit big grin

gls
the day wolverine dies is the day that I'll burn my comics pile...seriously...they'll never kill him...he's the best character ever

Best? not even....
vital? yea i guess...i'm just really sick of him.

Fionnuala
oh the hate...flowers ...just accept Wolverine will be around for a long time and get on with it..i don't think should affect anyones enjoyment of the comics it only becomes a problem if people keep complining about it..

Sunspot
geez...is there anyone in here that likes wolverine besides me? what's with all the hate?

Fionnuala
well i like him..i think he's very over-exposed but i still like him..

pr1983
geez...is there anyone in here that likes wolverine besides me? what's with all the hate?

he's an ass...

'aaargh bub snikt bub aargh...'

Sunspot
at least he's better than all those avengers dumbasses...imo

Fionnuala
Originally posted by pr1983
he's an ass...

'aaargh bub snikt bub aargh...'

laughing laughing out loud laughing ..that's quite possibly one of the funniest things i've heard in awhile..i have to quote it somewhere..

pr1983
at least he's better than all those avengers dumbasses...imo

no... he's not... and most of the xmen could kick his ass...

ayjay
i think they should limit the amount of comics he's in....it''s like he's in 5 story archs at da same time...craaazy

Sunspot
Originally posted by pr1983
no... he's not... and most of the xmen could kick his ass...

that's why I said imo, cause in my opinion all those avengers nerds suck

ayjay
i like spiderman...he an avenger...spidey is keeewl...he could find a way to beat down wolvy....but i like wolvy....

pr1983
that's why I said imo, cause in my opinion all those avengers nerds suck

iron man, thor? giant man? nerds?

ayjay
well..technicallly..iron man is a nerd...i mean..a rich, good looking, successful scientest dude nerd....hang on....naah..stark aint no nerd!...BUT GIANT man...he's a nerd.....

pr1983
Originally posted by ayjay
well..technicallly..iron man is a nerd...i mean..a rich, good looking, successful scientest dude nerd....hang on....naah..stark aint no nerd!...BUT GIANT man...he's a nerd.....

he's the bruce wayne of marvel...

and giant man? i'm sorry but any man who can headbutt a sentinel is no nerd in my books...

ayjay
hehe...i didnt say they weren't KOOL nerds ^__^...i rekon stark is da bomb....idunno much about pym....so yeah...i cant really give a justified comment...>__<

Lord Unicron
Well I'm a big Wolverine fan myself. But even I don't understand how he can be in 3 X-Men books, his own title & New Avengers. I wonder why he's not in Genosha helping Charles or lending a hand to Bishop in District X. I like him, it's just he's everywhere and it's not possible. I'd rather he be an Avenger. Or a X-Man but be on one team. I wonder if it will be Avengers vs X-Men in HoM? Since the pnales I've seen with Warbird fighting Gambit.

pr1983
house of m checklist...

pr1983
house of m sketch...

pr1983
house of m iron man...

Lord Unicron
Cool, cool pics pr1983. I see Pat found work again roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
Cool, cool pics pr1983. I see Pat found work again roll eyes (sarcastic)

what has he worked on? looks very anime-ish...

Lord Unicron
Pat Lee had the company called Dreamwave Productions that did the Transformer comics the last few years. But he ran his company in the ground (didn't pay employees I hear) and now there aren't any new Transformer books, and it was in the middle of a cool story plus some mini series. Funny though his Transformer work looked alot different. I didn't even now it was him till I clicked your pic of Iron Man.

pr1983
Pat Lee had the company called Dreamwave Productions that did the Transformer comics the last few years. But he ran his company in the ground (didn't pay employees I hear) and now there aren't any new Transformer books, and it was in the middle of a cool story plus some mini series. Funny though his Transformer work looked alot different. I didn't even now it was him till I clicked your pic of Iron Man.

k...

Lord Unicron
Hoped that answered your queston

pr1983
did, thx...

Lord Unicron
No prob.

D-Double
Originally posted by eleveninches
http://www.marvel.com/wallpaper/papers/homo1280.jpg

Iron Fist, Daredevil, Spiderman, Nightcrawler, Collosus, and Wolverine in the same poster?!! eek!

I must have this... no expression ..... framed.

Jezzus, I might go broke just trying to snatch-up all the preludes... erm ... but it'll be worth it... droolio

Lord Unicron
Jezzus, I might go broke just trying to snatch-up all the preludes... erm ... but it'll be worth it... droolio

I feel the same way

D-Double

I feel the same way

I can't get over how kool Spiderman looks standing infront of Colossus!

I think I'd lose my frigg'n mind if Spidey decided to be an X-man for a couple issues...
WOOT!! I'm gonna draw spidey in a custom X-uniform! eek!

Lord Unicron
Cool you do that. I feel the same way with Moon Knight & Cloak there.

eleveninches
41 House of M titles. Thats WAY too many

Mainstream
true...but I'm gonna read'em all.

Sunspot
hurray

pr1983
marvel press conference about house of m...

pr1983
part 2...

disrespectful pr*cks...

i've been reading comics since i was six years old... and hawkeye has always been my favourite avenger...

Crimson Phoenix
I doubt It'll happen, but I think It would be cool if Nocturne made an appearance. And since part of wanda's madness is cause of the loss of her children, maybe knowing about nocturne could spark some sanity back into her

Crimson Phoenix
Theres a 6 page preview of House of M#1 online at:

http://www.newsarama.com/Marvel/HouseofM/HoM_1preview.htm

pr1983
that is one crazy woman...

Crimson Phoenix
The poor gal. I'm loving the art. This preview's got me exited

ayjay
same here....looks good...she is really messed up,..and uberly powerful by the looks of it

Lord Unicron
Me thinks it shall be good.

LISA-J
Hopefully,x-men have been a little off their game in the excitement department lately.

eleveninches
shes a nutcase

Crimson Phoenix
She is a nutcase, but i think its more tragic then anything. I wonder how she's gonna turn out at the end of this.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
She is a nutcase, but i think its more tragic then anything. I wonder how she's gonna turn out at the end of this.

dead or either a horseman of Apocalypse...or horsewoman...no wait horseperson eek!

Fionnuala
Magneto sure knows how to pick 'em

Mainstream
heck you talking about that his kid...not his wife.

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by Fionnuala
Magneto sure knows how to pick 'em

What the f**k?

Mainstream
laughing

Crimson Phoenix
Originally posted by Mainstream
dead or either a horseman of Apocalypse...or horsewoman...no wait horseperson eek!

or mabye, she'll use her powers to turn herself into a horse stick out tongue

Oh, and Fionnuala, did u read the preview? where did u get the impression that she was mags wife? or is that just some weird fantasy?

blink

Mainstream
or mabye, she'll use her powers to turn herself into a horse stick out tongue

Oh, and Fionnuala, did u read the preview? where did u get the impression that she was mags wife? or is that just some weird fantasy?

blink she'd really be a horse woman then laughing

Fionnuala
what???...I meant his children..they're all a bit loopy..

Mainstream
ohhh okay

Crimson Phoenix
Heres a funny interview on someone who's read the 1st issue:

http://www.yourmomsbasement.com/archives/2005/05/20odd_questions_2.html#more

House of M. The Marvel Universe as you know it will never be the same! The summer's biggest mega-crossover classic begins right here! Mutants! Mutants!! Mutants!!! Does it stand up to the hype? Or does it come crashing down like a house of cards? We had a group of slavering fanboys ask Our Favorite Retailer Ryan Higgins 20-odd questions about the soon-to-be released comic book.

1) So, House of M... the "M" stands for what, exactly? Maddrox, the Multiple Man? Madame Web? Mwolverine?

Although Mwolverine is a good guess, I'm assuming House of M stands for "Maximoff", the last name of Scarlet Witch's adoptive parents. In case you've been living in a cave somewhere, the entire plot of House of M is Magneto uses Wanda's newfound powers of reality alteration to create a world in which mutants rule over humans, much like the reality-altering mini-series of the mid-90s, Age of Apocalypse. Although, I assume if Scarlet Witch and Magneto were ruling the world, she wouldn't call herself Maximoff anymore, would she? Shouldn't she be called Wanda Lehnsherr? Does "House of L" not have the same ring as "House of M"? Time will tell!

2) Are there any gratuitous deaths in the first issue and what do you believe the Bendis Gratuitous Death Ratio (BGDR) will be in the book?

There is not a single death in House of M #1, but I expect the BGDR will be very high as we're dealing with an alternative reality. Anything goes in these sort of situations. Why, maybe while Peter Parker is trying to save Gwen Stacy, somehow he dies! Wouldn't that be shocking? Why, think of all the gratuitous deaths this alternative universe could produce!

And why did I mention Gwen Stacy? It's almost like in this shocking, internet-breaking series, instead of MJ, Peter is still with Gwen! Shocking! Internet Breaking! Amazing! Spectacular! Web Of!

3) Is there any explanation why Beast keeps changing from a cat like creature to a bear like creature to something resembling my Aunt Vera?

Secondary artistic mutations.

4) Does the Third Summers brother get revealed in House of M? If not, is it because Marvel hates me?

No, and why is this plot line still dangling? Is it Gambit? Is it Wolverine? Does anyone even care? Cyclops is a whiney ***** and Havok just sucks. What are the odds that the third brother is going to be awesome? Very low, that's for sure. Mr. Sinister should have just wiped out the whole Summers clan when he had the chance. Maybe Xorn is the third Summers brother...

5) Did Wanda make the radiation on Genosha go away?

Much like Grant Morrison's entire run on New X-Men, it appears that Marvel just forgot about the radiation. It's a damn shame that the entire country of Genosha is just a smoldering pile of non-radioactive rubble with a chain of Hot Topics, as it's an interesting concept. Hopefully after everything returns to normal after House of M (because, let's be honest, we all know it will) they re-establish Genosha as a major plot point for the series.

6) Do you think Spider-Man will turn into an actual spider... again?

If it means he'll actually shoot the webbing out of his ass than his wrists, than yes, I think Spider-Man will turn into an actual spider.

7) Do you get free Lego, or compatible building blocks, with the issue?

This cover is actually the 1-in-15 "Joe Quesada" variant cover. There are a few other variant covers that Marvel is keeping under wraps until the issue actually ships; The 1-in-30 "This Will Get Retailers To Order More Copies" variant, the 1-in-100 "Pays For Your Rent - eBay" variant, and the 1-in-387210 "Does Anyone Actually Care About These ****ing Things Anymore?" variant. I'm sure they're in the process of working out a Second Prin...I mean...Limited Edition Variant Printing Cover Variant Limited Printing Variant Edition Lego Cover Printing as well.

8) What happens if you read this issue again knowing what you know about Wanda? What about if you read it again knowing what you know about Wonder Man? Or Bendis?

If you read this issue again, knowing what you know about Wanda, you come out with pretty much the same thing you came out with reading it the first time.

If you read it knowing what you know about Bendis, you'll be pleasantly surprised. This was a very good first issue, a far cry from Avengers Disassembled, the mess that started this whole story. Of course, being Marvel, I'm just not expecting much out of the whole series. When the most anyone knows about the series is that issue #3 will "break the internet in half," that's not a good sign. Still, it was an interesting first issue. We'll see where it goes from here.

9) Why don't they just bring the Phoenix back to life and get her to mud wrestle with Wanda? Maybe Donna Troy, too.

Mmmm...

Oh, sorry.

10) Now, the Wolverine in this, is it the brainwashed Wolverine from Millar's run, the Wolverine that appears in Astonishing X-Men or some other Wolverine entirely?

Wolverine, much like his counterpart in the wilds of nature, can actually split himself into perfect duplicates. It's a little known fact that there is actually only one wolverine in the world...all the others are just copies. This is how Wolverine can be a mass(off panel)murderer, in the Savage Land, and trapped in the X-Men Mansion, all at the same time! Why, if I'm not mistaken, Wolverine actually appears in a few panels of last week's Rann/Thanagar War #1! So, not only does Wolverine get knives that shoot out of his hands, he gets to bang all the hot X-Women AND split into multiple copies of himself? Man, if I was Multiple Man, I'd be PISSED.

11.) These aren't the Avengers! I hate them! I hate Bendis! I hate you all!

Yes, yes, these aren't the Avengers you're looking for... It seems that this is going to be the Avengers for a while (well, at least until Bendis stops writing the book) so get used to them. I'm sure Hawkeye and Vision and Ant Man will be back before you can say & quot;Damnyoubendisyoukilledmychildhoodheroeswhydoe
smarvelhatefreedom!"

12) Do you think this series will end with Wanda being a good witch or a bad witch?

Wanda isn't really a witch at all, but a traveling gypsy. For some reason. Anyway, I assume she'll make the "ultimate sacrifice" at the end and use her remaining power to restore the universe to the way it's supposed to be. Then, a few years down the road when Morgan Le Fay changes the world into a medieval world, Wonder Man will use his ionic powers to bring Scarlet Witch back to live. Ah, the circle of life.

13) Will this kick "Infinite Crisis'" ass up and down the street, or would it have a better chance if it had been named "Infinite M"?

As long as it's not called "Identity M", we're ok.

14) Does everyone still think Thor is just delusional? Is he still locked up in Banner's old cell?

I can only hope that Thor is right and everyone else is wrong and he kicks Ultimate Captain America's ass up and down the SHIELD hellicarr...

Wait, this is the wrong universe! Aarg, oh no, Wanda has transported this column into the Ultimate Universe by accident! What strange new powers and abilities will Ultimate Ryan have here? Why, I'm able to make Ultimate snarky comments about superhero comics! Look, I do things just like I did back in the normal universe, except now I do them Ultimately!

15) When does Onslaught show up?

Oh god, oh no. We just had to sit through another Age of Apocalypse mini-series, do we really need another Onslaught mini? Can't Marvel move on? If EvilWandaWorld Onslaught shows up and sends all the heroes to a crazy new world (read: the real Marvel Universe), I'll flip out and uppercut someone.

16) What role will the Young Avengers play in House of M?

All snark aside, Young Avengers is a good book. Allan Heinberg seems a capable writer with a good sense of continuity and characterization, not unlike what Geoff Johns was doing for DC a few year ago. I hope he's able to keep it up and hopefully Marvel will let him on a few other books, lightening the load off of Bendis' plate a bit.

17) If Vision's a robot, how the hell did he knock up Wanda?

Ask that question again, knowing what you now know about Wanda. No, seriously. She altered reality so Vision was able to make her pregnant. Except they weren't really her kids, they were actually magical creations of Wanda, taken over by Master Pandemonium! Ah, John Byrne, where would we be without you?

18) Will people think that Wanda is actually having a bowel movement on that first page? 'Cause... um... I did.

I'm lucky that I didn't, because if you read it again knowing that Wanda is having a bowel movement...

19) Does Colossus actually do anything in this issue?

Colossus spends the entire issue mourning the loss of his "little snowflake", saying random words in Russian, painting and throwing Wolverine around the room a bit.

20) Now, the Magneto in this, is he Xorn, not Xorn, or Xorn's brother Xorn impersonating Magneto pretending to be Xorn to infiltrate the X-Men for some vague reason involving disintegrator communion wafers and mutant werewolves?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Magneto and Xorn together at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Crimson Phoenix
lol at Mwolverine laughing

Fionnuala
Does anyone have the House of M pick thats shows Wanda's head sort of unravelling

Crimson Phoenix
Here it is

Fionnuala
Here it is

eek!..cool..thanks..

Crimson Phoenix
no problem thumb up
I absolutely love that pic. I wish that was the real House of M cover, not just a variant. The real one has people in stupid poses with wolverine at the front mad. Might as well be House of Mwolverine

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>