Transformers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Ryugen
I never knew this was an anime but it makes sense really. So any one else love this show? Feel free to talk about Armada and the crap Fox Kids series. Hell even Beast Wars won't be turned away (Just spat on laughing )

whatshisface
nothing beats the original. i have the first season dvd and the movie.

armada is very unwatchable. they made the transformers very cheesy and the decepticons just plain wussy. i watched the first few episode of armada and that's all that i can bear. the characters are weak, and the voice talents suck.

beast wars was okay. much more bearable than armada. it's like the transformers were all made into their insecticon versions.

all in all, optimus prime and the transformers were better of in their original form. much like voltron and power rangers. fox just f*cks sh!t up. they are now in the process of messing up the ninja turtles...

Lord Ryugen
Yeah tell me about it. Problem is no channel ever shows the originals any more so we're all stuck with Armada. And for further reference I wasn't insulting the first Beast Wars which was bearable, I was getting on at the frankly s**t sequel show the made where the Maximils got crap Bio power

dragonpisces272
eek! i remember this show! lol Transformers heavy metal! laughing

eleveninches
Beast wars was the best transformers series ever.

The third series of the original version was not bad either, although the original series first series was really boring and repetative

whatshisface
how can you not like this?

i'm all nostalgic...

crazy_c
i remember transformers! my brothers used to watch it all the time and my 22 year old brother has it on dvd even though he doesn't admit he still watches it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

sentinelrv
Beast Wars is the best cartoon I have ever seen. Beast Machines is okay. They all have really good stories and characters.

Lord Ryugen
Sorry but I really can't see the appeal of BM it was boring. The characters had no laser weapons and the animation was poor.

Lord Ryugen
The original series and the Movie are the greatest Transformers cartoons of all time. I mean there's no one in the later cartoons who could take Megatron or Galvatron (Not to mention Unicron laughing out loud )

sentinelrv
Well, are you aware that they are making a live action Transformers movie. It should be really good in live action(except the Transformers are CGI). Can you imagine Optimus and Megatron smashing each other through the builings of New York. They are basing it on the original Transformers, from the beginning, when they crash on earth. It will probably be a trilogy or something. Would you go see a movie with giant robots that are as smart as people, and have wars in the streets. The guys that do the X-Men movies are doing this. They said they will take the series seriously. I just hope that the Transformers themselves have more character depth like Beast Wars did to their characters.

whatshisface
eek! link to more info?

sentinelrv
Uh, I don't know what the link is. This is kind of old news. It was even one of the news headlines a while ago I'll try to find something out.

sentinelrv
There is one of the links. You could go to yahoo and do a search for Tansformers Live Action Movie. There is a lot of sites with the news.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/06/11/showbuzz/

whatshisface
i actually searched before you posted, but thanks a bunch. this is first time i've heard of this movie. i was on internet haitus from 2000 to mid 2001.

Peloquin
LOL I had to grab the Original first series on DVD and the movie, classic animation, great stories. I still watch it and still enjoy it. I also had not heard about the movie, I hope it sees the light of day.

Lord Ryugen
A Movie! YES!!! thats just about the best news I've heard this week, still I'd rather it was the original series rather than BW, BM or Armada.

P.S are the Transformers comics property of Marvel? I'm only asking since I found some Bios on a Marvel Directory.

tigida_tigida
i used to like the original serious i loved it wen i was little i had all of the toys and action figures i dont bother watching them coz there are so corny and crap

Lord Ryugen
Are you talking about the new series or did you just grow out of the original

sentinelrv
Lord Ryugen, the movie is going to be about the original show. They said that they will start from the beginning of everything.

Lord Ryugen
Thank God for that. Although that does mean that the main bad guy is going to have the lamest transormation ever. I mean in robot form Megatron is a giant super powered robot of death with a bazooka on one arm. But when he transforms what does he become? A pistol...honestley is that the best they could come up with, unless someone's around to shoot him Optimus could just step on the pistol and go home.

eleveninches
Galvatron and the Beast wars Dragon Megatron are the best bad guys.

Jetstorm from the armarda series is cool as well.

I bought the original first transformers series and the movie on DVD, but I still think that the first series was rather slow and boring compared to series 2 and 3. Beast Wars is still the best transformers series though.

sentinelrv
Yeah, you're right. Beast Wars had so many characters that are really rememberable, and it had sooo much character depth(Probably why the characters are rememberable). It had a really really good plot that had lots of twists and turns. Adult jokes. Good electric guitar music. It was a show that kids and adults could watch. Also it has my favorite evil character of all time Beast Wars Megatron, yessss.

whatshisface
the only one i liked in BW was optimus primal. i have a 16 inch toy of him.

Lord Ryugen
Please the Original Optimus Prime would slaughter them all. (Although if I wanted to be cruel I could set up a fight with Galvatron hehehehe!!!)

leowyatt
don't look for megatron to be used as a gun, like in the cartoon
he might be a dragon or a tank

Reborn Again
TOS all the way. The movie soundtrack was totally awesome, but I hated it when they killed off both Optimus and Megatron and half the heroes and villains.

mc pee pants
weak...

tehOTAKU777
transformers is sooo bad!!!! I hate you all.

mc pee pants
another banned newbie... when will they learn? dontknow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.