Best part of NYC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
What is the nicest part of NYC to live? I hear about different places such as Upper East Side, downtown, ect. What is the nicest part to live? I wanna live in one of those nice highrise apartments and want to know the best neighborhood.

Tex
5th Avenue. euro

forumcrew
grenitch village is nice.. a nice apartment my central park would be really nice, trump towers perhaps

BullitNutz
Though I don't understand why anyone would ever want to live in NYC, I'd say the best place would most likely be Greenwich Village.

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by KidRock
What is the nicest part of NYC to live? I hear about different places such as Upper East Side, downtown, ect. What is the nicest part to live? I wanna live in one of those nice highrise apartments and want to know the best neighborhood.

I only been in NY once to see a broadway play so I can't realy say.Just get an apartment that is in a nice neighborhood and you should be safe.JM smile

botankus
I wanna live in one of those nice highrise apartments and want to know the best neighborhood.

You must have a lot of cash.

calvinNhobbes
I have heard that Harlem is redeveloping into the cultural center it use to be years ago. Plus I know a few people who have moved to Brooklyn. These two areas are full of diversity, lower in cost to rent or buy and offer the metropolitan lifestyle.

Ketchuptome

Harlem,Brooklyn,Queens and the Bronx are good suggestions

KharmaDog
If you live in NYC you have to live in manhattan. That being said that takes some serious cash. My ex-girlfriend still lives in manhattan and her two bedroom one bathroom apartment was rented at around $2500.00 a month.

I just read a article somewhere (can't remember where) that said that a one-bedroom apartment in Murray Hill can be close to $3000.00.

PVS
What is the nicest part of NYC to live?

for you? the bottom of the hudson evil face

KharmaDog
Can you feel the love?

And to rent the bottom of the Hudson would probably be $30.00 per square foot per month.

Fire
I'd go for Bryant Park.

WindDancer
Best place in NY is Yankee Stadium the house that Babe build.

But I'm a Halos fan. angel

KidRock
Originally posted by KharmaDog
If you live in NYC you have to live in manhattan. That being said that takes some serious cash. My ex-girlfriend still lives in manhattan and her two bedroom one bathroom apartment was rented at around $2500.00 a month.

I just read a article somewhere (can't remember where) that said that a one-bedroom apartment in Murray Hill can be close to $3000.00.

That sounds like a good price to me. Does he apartment have a view?

PVS

yeah, a fantastic view of fantasy land roll eyes (sarcastic)

smoker4
Is the rest of the family moving too?

http://www.classictvhits.com/shows/beverlyhillbillies/bh01.jpg

PVS
hysterical

KharmaDog

Well, he's a she, you see most ex-girlfriends are female. Perhaps you should think more about SOHO. And the apartment has a great view of other buildings. If it had a nice view it's probably be $3000.00 apartment.

PVS
Originally posted by Ketchuptome
Harlem,Brooklyn,Queens and the Bronx are good suggestions

laughing out loud great, you just listed about 3/4 of all nyc, with exception to staten island and all of manhattan minus harlem. very helpful i'm sure.

and kidrock, so long as you're fantasizing, might i suggest a midtown penthouse...with a rooftop garden and pool

SlipknoT
Originally posted by smoker4

http://www.classictvhits.com/shows/beverlyhillbillies/bh01.jpg laughing

KidRock

PVS

KidRock

WindDancer
PVS and KidRock can you guys please end this pointless feud. If you have a problem with the other guy then just put him on ignore. Otherwise both of you will receive warnings for flamming in the boards. End these pointless rants towards each other now please.

KidRock
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Well, he's a she, you see most ex-girlfriends are female. Perhaps you should think more about SOHO. And the apartment has a great view of other buildings. If it had a nice view it's probably be $3000.00 apartment.

Put a T in front of the he and I meant to say "does The apartment have a view".

Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Times Square mid manhatten right? I am looking to get as close to TS as possible.

Alpha Centauri
Then be looking for your wallet to get as empty as possible.

-AC

KharmaDog
As close to TS is gonna cost you bigger bucks. For what reason are you moving to NY and how on earth are you going to afford over $40,000.00 a year in rent and utilities not to mention basic living expenses?

Afro Cheese
I'd say the upper west side is the nicest part of Manhattan.. Greenwich Village really isn't that nice compared to midtown and has tons of weird people walking around..

If you're gonna move somewhere even close to affordable though, I'd say either far uptown like the Bronx or maybe over in Queens.. cause in the nice parts of Manhattan you have to have a lot of money just to live in a shitty studio apartment.

Capt_Fantastic
I used to live in the Essex House on Central Park South. There really isn't that bad a part of Central Park. As for fun places to go out, just about anywhere in Manhattan has it's positive aspects. China Town at night can be a little indimidating, but as long as you look like you know where you are and where you're going, you'd be okay. Times square is fun at night. There's always someone speaking out against something there. And of course, the Village is excellent. I met Ethan Hawke there.

Coop
Port t is the best part

BlackC@t
The Village and Manhattan both seem like really cool places smile

Dudester
There are a lot of really nice areas but the young really nice area is Greenwich Village and West Village-- I love NYC!!

IceWithin
Originally posted by smoker4

http://www.classictvhits.com/shows/beverlyhillbillies/bh01.jpg

laughing

seriously tho there's nothing hotter than living in manhattan smoke

BadKitty
Put a T in front of the he and I meant to say "does The apartment have a view".

Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Times Square mid manhatten right? I am looking to get as close to TS as possible. I just recently booked a room at the marquis adjunct to times square for october it is almost 370.00 a night! and that was a cheap room..if thats any indication on how expensive everything is ,I'd guess you'd have to be rich to live there sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.