Death penalty??What if???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
What if scenario:

There is somebody who is a really hated war-criminal and is given the death penalty. He is put in the electric chair, and afterwars he is declared dead by the doctors, so he is officially dead. However, he is actually still alive, and is only thought to be dead. A few minutes later, he wakes up.
He has already sufferred his legally determined punishment, so would he have to be released?

Would the judge rule that he has already had his sentance carried out, so there is nothing that anyone else can do to him??

DeVi| D0do
I'd hope not... if someone is worth putting to death once surely its worth doing it again.

as you said, he never actually died only thought to have. So he didn't suffer his penalty...

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by eleveninches
What if scenario:

There is somebody who is a really hated war-criminal and is given the death penalty. He is put in the electric chair, and afterwars he is declared dead by the doctors, so he is officially dead. However, he is actually still alive, and is only thought to be dead. A few minutes later, he wakes up.
He has already sufferred his legally determined punishment, so would he have to be released?

Would the judge rule that he has already had his sentance carried out, so there is nothing that anyone else can do to him??

Even through I am with the death penity(or what ever it is called)I hope that does not happen.I think they will let him die through since the sentened is already made.JM sad

peterKSL
I do not agree with death penalty...

It shouldn't have been made... but I guess that's to minimize the crimes been made?

And to answer your question, I think that he should be released, because he had undergo the electric chair punishment.. but if he was SUPPOSE to undergo a death penalty, then he should be electricuted again.. erm

eleveninches
But if he's been declared dead by the doctors, then he was legally dead, so he has already had his punishment

peterKSL
the doctor can't declaire someone dead before examine them... so I think it's either the prison is unorganized, or it's a miracle... big grin

DeVi| D0do
I don't see how that could ever happen...

but for the sake of argument: I think legally you're right... it's kinda like double jeopardy... you can't be charged for the same crime twice.

On the other hand, even though he had been declared dead, he obviously wasn't (due to the fact that he's still alive wink) and therefore has not served his sentence of death.

eleveninches
Although there are some people who have been medically dead (brain dead) for a few minutes before waking up

frodo34x
I'd say they would let him free. It's abit like if someone gets hung, but the rope breaks and they are allowed to walk free.

If he has been legally declared dead, could they argue that, by the law. they must dispose of the body?

dave123
What if scenario:

Would the judge rule that he has already had his sentance carried out, so there is nothing that anyone else can do to him?? he'd be killed

Shadwofathought
By law forcing him to undergo the same treatment MAY fall under cruel and unusual punishment. But I agree. He has to be dead for the punishment to be fulfilled so if that doesn't kill him i'm sure a gun shot to the head will do the trick

debbiejo
Look in my eyes and tell me I'm not crazy
Too many shock treatments he's insane
Stow away my pills doctor don't be lazy
Stick him with your needles man he digs the pain

And I hit the consultation what a dream vacation
It doesn't matter even if it rains
Cause IIIIII didn't spend no money
He just admitted that he was deranged

But the doctor said I'm sorry son
It's time that you were leavinnnnng
Now pack up all your bags
Cause we need your bed this evening...

Get it on..Get it on..Get it on...Get it on...

eek!

King Burger
Donnie Iris?

I knew I recognized that "get it on, get it on"! Looked it
up.

Good one Debbie!

I think that the judge doens't sentence people to be electrocuted
and if they die, they die. He sentnces them to die, using
electrocution.

In other words, the man was sentenced to die, and what
ever the method is irrelevent. If he isn't killed the first time,
then thye should do it again.

debbiejo
Strange Song, but I love it.

Doctor don't you think that Im much too aggressive
Better lock him up before he hurts someone
Face it I'm a schizophernic manic depressive
Get him outa here hes gonna screw things up
It's too late for me to change it
You'll have to call my agent
He worked so hard to get him booked in here
Just cancel my other engagements
Looks like it's gonna be another bad year.

Well you're really not that crazy man
You might as well admit it yeah
Now half the people in the world
should have themselves COMMITED.

(My point is some people like SHOCK TREATMENTS.)

As is the name of this song.

Fishy
Well some people do die and return..

Ussually it takes a few minutes though before somebody is officialy declared dead.

However would he have trully been dead and several doctors confirmed then legally you can't kill him again, seeing as he is already dead. He already suffered his penalty. However the goverment as a form of punishment could lock him up in jail becuase he's in the country illegaly (seeing as he's dead his papers are no longer valid). Legally however he could not be killed again.

You can only be charged with one crime once, its the law. If your spoken free or your punishment has been done then you can not undergo it again. At least not for the same crime.

debbiejo
I wonder if it was the same for hanging? No loop hole in guillotines though..I wonder if any of them that were executed ever had an out of body experience...and if so, what a drag to pop back in...

Ketchuptome
What if scenario:

Well he couldnt undergo the chair again. Its not right. But they'll probably put him in jail for life yes

Capt_Fantastic
What if scenario:

Did he wake up a few hours later? Like, he'd been taken to the morgue and woke up in the meat locker?

Either way, they didn't kill him... I say finish the job.

Fishy
Originally posted by debbiejo
I wonder if it was the same for hanging? No loop hole in guillotines though..I wonder if any of them that were executed ever had an out of body experience...and if so, what a drag to pop back in...

There were times where you would go free if the rope breaks... It had to do with religion though, because people believed god had saved the convicted person.

Curl_Up&Dye
they would have to electricute him again.... you guys are thinking that if he wakes up its a loophole.... but have you heard what the judge/guards carrying out the sentance say?

"...you have been condemned to die in the electric chair by a jury of your peers...a sentence imposed by a judge in good standing in this state. Do you have anything to say before sentence is carried out?
Electricity shall now be passed through your body until you are
dead, in accordance with state law. God have mercy on your soul."

So, technically this person was condemned to DIE. not just put into the electric chair, and hope he doesnt survive

shaber
Remember Jason X? They just randomly try different commonly used methods of execution. If firing squad doesn't work... try hanging!

RavenSDL
I believe in the death pelently(sp) but it depends on the crime

Storm
I assume it would be the same principle as double jeopardy.

FeceMan
What if scenario:

Trust me, after being in an electric chair, the guy is better off dead.

Jackie Malfoy
Hanging is so last year.But it does work.Fewer crimes in those days.I am with the death penalty to a point.JM

debbiejo
I believe in it, but you have to be absolutely sure..

spidergrl
What if scenario:

His sentence would have been the death penilty ...... and that could have been the chair or from injection .... either way, he's meant to be put to death ..... if he's still alive ...... he's suppose to be dead ...... do it again and kill him properly this time!!

Big Evil
If they failed to kill him the first time I'd force them to do it again then smack the hell our of those lazy fools for doing thier job half-ass. How hard can it be to kill someone with the weaponry, seriously..

spidergrl
Its prob never going to happen! wink

Big Evil
Originally posted by spidergrl
Its prob never going to happen! wink
If it did it'd be funny as hell. He'd probably slur, roll his eyes in the back of his head, convulse, and foam and that mouth. All while choking out his half dead lips kill me..

Alas, it is my life story to be deprived of such grand happyness and seeing something like that.. ohwell..

ShotgunWes
Originally posted by Big Evil
If it did it'd be funny as hell. He'd probably slur, roll his eyes in the back of his head, convulse, and foam and that mouth. All while choking out his half dead lips kill me..

Alas, it is my life story to be deprived of such grand happyness and seeing something like that.. ohwell..

That's a bit... morbid

Big Evil
Originally posted by ShotgunWes
That's a bit... morbid
Liked it? \m/ evil face \m/

spidergrl
Originally posted by Big Evil

the people prob wouldn't tell the public and just shock his ass again!

Tptmanno1
Its happened before.
And they shock them again,

Not cruel at all...

spidergrl
Has it really? confused

Well, they got death penelty, not a shock, so i guess they would have to do it again!

Mariobros
First if you survive the first shock in the electric chair then you must be shocked until the specified sentence specifications are met. there has been a few people to survive the electric chair and some thought to have first..

"At least five have gone awry since 1983. A particularly appalling instance of this took place on the 4th of May, 1990, in the case of Jesse Joseph Tafero in Florida. According to witnesses, when the executioner flipped the switch, flames and smoke came out of Tafero's head, which was covered by a mask and cap. Twelve-inch blue and orange flames sprouted from both sides of the mask. The power was stopped, and Tafero took several deep breaths. The superintendent ordered the executioner to halt the current, then try it again. And again.
Apparently a synthetic sponge, soaked in brine, had been substituted for the natural one applied to Tafero's head. This reduced the flow of electricity to as little as one hundred volts, and ended up torturing the prisoner to death. According to the state prison medical director, Frank Kligo, who attended, it was "less than aesthetically attractive."

!~this is a long paragraph so I chopped it up.~!

Another

"Yet another electrocution in Florida seemed to be botched in 1999 when Allen Lee "Tiny" Davis was executed for murder on the 9th of July.
Blood appeared to ooze from Davis' nose and mouth as he was hit with 2,300 volts at 7:10 a.m. But the governor's office said it was simply a nosebleed. The official photographs of the execution seem to bear this out.
By the time Davis was pronounced dead five minutes later, there was blood on the collar of his white shirt, and the blood on his chest had spread to about the size of a dinner plate, even oozing through the buckle holes on the leather chest strap holding him to the chair."

It was later found that the nose-bleed was due to davis's high blood pressure from reports from the autopsy.

there has been alot of people to survive the chair but they still must be dead as dirt for the sentence to be carried out fully.

If you want more info on this or other situations goto

google keyword: "People who have survived the electric chair"

big grin

AOR
The death penalty is a law in which the convicted is to be dead. In no way shape or form is the person allowed to "live" for lack of the better words. If the said convict did show "dead" vital signs, and thus said to be dead, but later awoke, than he did not carry out his sentence, and would require to perform it again. Several queations can than arise from your given scenarios:
"Were the doctors certified?"
"Was the form of execution followed through proporly?"

One can not be dead for a few moments and live. Dead is dead. The death penalty is the lack of life there of. You can't be alive if your dead. Therefore the person must experience the death penalty until he or she is said dead.

*This is a belief in regards to the scenario, and should not be taken directly as my beliefs. Disregarding this statement and proving it as obvious evidence, will be voided and be assumed "not presented".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.