Kavar vs. Kyp Durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
hmm interesting....Kyp

Fishy
Kyp he was trained by Exar, managed to destroy an entire system, beat the crap out of luke. And draw a ship from the debts of Yavin IV... Kavar couldn't have done that... Actually i'm not sure he just never has so Kyp wins

Jedi_KnightAlly
HK wld defintly nag them to death lol. Kavar was a prat lol.

Darth_Glentract
Kavar was a lengendary guardian. Revan and Kavar were the two Jedi who were supposed to lead the charge against the Mandalorians, but Revan proved to be his superior. I think Kavar might beat Kyp. Kyp was still ony about thirty in the NJO, and still had much to learn.

Julie
true....he went dark so quickly too
Kavar stayed on the lightside path...even if he did sit out the mandalorian wars

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Kavar was a lengendary guardian. Revan and Kavar were the two Jedi who were supposed to lead the charge against the Mandalorians, but Revan proved to be his superior. I think Kavar might beat Kyp. Kyp was still ony about thirty in the NJO, and still had much to learn.

He didn't though he was a Jedi Guardian Master and a great fighter, but he didn't leat the Jedi against the Mandelorians and he didn't lead the Republic against the Sith later on. Instead he just sat there and let others do all the work. Kavar was a smart and powerful Jedi, but I havn't seen or heard anything from him that could possibly be convince he is anything more then a good fighter.

Darth_Janus
Well, the Mandalorians, whose chief objective was to meet a glorious end in battle, were betting the the idea that Kavar might lead the Jedi against them. Obviously they, all the way past the Outer Rim, had heard of Kavar's prowess and wanted to go up against it.

Fishy
Yeah and they expected to win. Besides i am not saying he wasn't a military genius he probably was. But still he never actually fought against the Mandelorians or the Sith... He may have been powerful but other then a few guesses we really have nothing. No confirmation from anybody or anything. We just know he was on the Jedi council which made him powerful but not inmortal and that he was a Jedi weaponmaster, how much does that say? What does it mean? Nothing sure, just rumours and guesses... With absolutly nobody to confirm it. Maybe i have missed a few things or maybe Kotor III will explain it better (what i doubt) but whatever the case i don't see anything in him that could make him beat Kyp...

Darth_Janus
Well, there is one last card I have to play....

While I'm not doubting Kyp's abilities... I just don't see him defeating a Jedi master who survived a virtual Jedi holocaust and lived in the times of Jedi who could Force spank the NJo to death.

Fishy
Good point, but saying things like that just always makes the old one's win... I don't like that very much so i base them on their ability in their own time and see who did more impressive things (often the ancient one's did though stick out tongue)

And he did survive the Jedi Holocaust if you can call it that, but does is hardly a achievement. Thousands of Jedi died in those wars but a lot of them survived as well. And seeing as Revan was a military genius he always killed those that could stand a chance against him and where in his reach.

That obviously means Revan either didn't see Kavar as a threat, or Kavar stayed far away from Revan. Of course you could argue that he did face Revan and kept on running away, but whats the chance of something like that? You can't honestly say Kavar would stand a chance against Revan.

So no matter what the thing is, Kavar was either staying away from Revan or he wasn't seen as a threat or Kavar just faced Revan and retreated. Now you could say the same thing about other Jedi Masters, but they had no reason to be close to Revan. Knowing that they couldn't win and none of them were able to lead an army at least not in the way Kavar could.

Kavar whether wisely or not was not their to fight he did not become a threat, he was only known for something that he had done in the past. Training a lot, but never once for how skilled he was on the battlefield.

Darth_Glentract
I have now changed my mind about my former post, Kyp would definately win.

Fishy
I changed my mind as well...

Kavar wins, i played Kotor II again and from all i heard about Kavar i have to take most of my statements back.. I don't know if he would beat Kyp but he wouldn't definitly be a better opponent then I thought.

Afterall he did stand up against Malak himself, Mandalore thought he had died in the fight, he didn't, he managed to escape but that still means he had guts and a lot of power to even come near Malak. I don't know who i thnk will win, I just know that Kavar isn't as weak as i thought before

Julie
No he's not that weak, I agree there....I also think Kyp's overrated

Darth_Janus
*Force spanks Kyp* Bad Jedi! No lightsaber!

Yeah, Kyp's a dork.

Kun-ni Habeo
lol
force spank lol u r genius man

Darth_Janus
It's all about the Force spank. Chicks dig the spank.

Kun-ni Habeo
lol
i know

Julie
whoa, I think I have to protest that one:-)

Darth_Janus
lol... I somehow knew you'd do that. Ah well. *Hides*

Julie
ah, so is this the point when I chase you with sith lightning or something?

JKBart
wtf?
this crap is actually a debate lmao?

Sinious
it wasn't for the last 10 years. thanks

Trocity
This Janus fellow is wrong in literally all these old threads.

Nephthys
He was a well known fool.

Pretty sure he was revealed to be a flagrant sodomite as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.