In brightest day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
In brightst day.
In blackest night.
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evils might.
Beware my power.
GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT.

http://www.dccomics.com/media/covers/2765_400x600.jpg

Clovie
he needs batteries to have power blink

Discos
i wonder what a silver lantern would look like?

eleveninches
Most of them do.

eleveninches
Originally posted by Discos
i wonder what a silver lantern would look like?

Let me guess... It would look.....purple????

Clovie
Originally posted by eleveninches
Most of them do. like who else? huh

LanİeWindu™
Wow...Green Lantern looks like a dork with that face mask.

Do you ever dress up as GL and fight "crime" 11"?

eleveninches
All the time.

Im going out 'in da hood' tonight to fight evildoers smokin'

Dreamer2222
That was a very interesting poem i must say...

WindDancer
Hal Jordan Rulez!! batman

eleveninches
DAMN RIGHT!!

LanİeWindu™
All the time.

Im going out 'in da hood' tonight to fight evildoers smokin'

Well...good luck with that.

eleveninches
Originally posted by Clovie
he needs batteries to have power blink
THey get their power from these little blue dudes. Their battery opens up a tiny wormhole to where the blue dudes store their power, and they have to say the GLC oath to charge up their rings. However, kyle always has a decent amount of power in his ring, but needs to charge it to get full power. The black guy is able to charge his own ring. Alan is made of pure energy, so doesnt need to charge his ring at all. Hal has been exposed to the power for so long that it's questionable as to whether or not he really does need to charge his ring at all.

eleveninches

Clovie
THey get their power from these little blue dudes. Their battery opens up a tiny wormhole to where the blue dudes store their power, and they have to say the GLC oath to charge up their rings. However, kyle always has a decent amount of power in his ring, but needs to charge it to get full power. The black guy is able to charge his own ring. Alan is made of pure energy, so doesnt need to charge his ring at all. Hal has been exposed to the power for so long that it's questionable as to whether or not he really does need to charge his ring at all. but in that episode of justice legue the ring guy was almost killed coz he had no batteries smart

WindDancer
yes

The ring must be recharged every 24hrs.

Clovie
and they've been back in time and there was no way to do it eek!

eleveninches
kyle and alan dont need to charge their rings, but kyle must do so if he wants full power. John can charge his own ring so he doesnt need a lantern, as he is part-guardian.
All the rest need to charge their rings. They use their lantern once every 24 hours, and recite the GLC oath, opening up a wormhole to the centre of the universe where the power is stored in a big central battery

madde
OMG !!!!

Clovie
blink that sounds weird

WindDancer
Occasionally when a green lantern corp lantern was damage they had to return to Oa and use the main battery to power up their lantern. But that was in the early days.

Bardock42
Oh who doesn't remember the good old days....when gl still was knocked down by a yellow lamp....great stuff

wuTa
kyle rayner rules!!!!......death to jordan!!!..even batman agrees with me batman

WindDancer
Blasphemy! stick out tongue

eleveninches
Very brief history of the GLC :
The power that they use is called 'the glow'. It was harnessed by the guardians(blue dudes) of the universe after they moved from maltus to Oa over 10 billion years ago. They made the glow their own and concentrated it into a big central power battery. They then made the rings and lanters and created the green lantern corps billions of years ago.
The central battery was damaged by a renegrade guardian, but hal managed to defeat him. Then the guardians prevented hal from resurrecting his home town which had been blown off the face of the planet. This made him mad, and he destroyed the green lantern corps and killed all but one of the guardians. He destroyed and absorbed the central battery, and was infected with a cosmic fear parasite that has existed since the birth of sentience which had been imprisoned there by the guardians billions of years ago. Kyle became the last green lantern (john, guy and alan were still alive, but the central power battery was destroyed, so only alan still had his power). Kyle learned quickl how to use his ring without anyone to teach him. He became a member of the justice league, and had a romantic relationship with donna troy (wondergir) until her son and husband were killed in a car accident. Then hal destroyed the universe, trying to recreate to make it better. He was depowered after that and sacrificed himself to reignite the earths sun when the fusion in it had been stopped by the sun eater. He went to hell, but then a demon escaped from hell and captured the spirit of vengence for himself. Hal stopped him and had himself (and parallax) merged with the spirit of vengence. The power that he had when he died had preserved his body and stayed on the sun. Meanwhile, kyleunwittingly created a massive monster (from before the birth of the universe) from his own subconcoiusness. He realised that it was a figment of his own imagination and absorbed it, gaining its power. He then defeated nero to get the remaining glow energy from the sun that was left by hal's death. Kyle became omnipresent and uber-powerful, but gave up the vast majority of his newfound power to keep his humanity. He modified his ring so that there would be allways enough power for him to get him through his future battles, and made it so that hthe ring would always come back to him. He gave up the power to recreate the central power battery that hal had destroyed,. and brought the blue dudes back to life as children (even some of them were now female). Around this time, john had thought that he was paralysed, but kyle told him that there was nothing wrong with him, and he manaed to walk again. Kyle got pissed off with humanity and left to go adventuring in space, allowing john to take his place in the justice league. Kyle recently returned to earth and defeated the guy that killed his ex-girlfriend. He journeyed to the edges of the universe where he discovered the true origin of parallax. He pulled hal's body out of the sun. Parallax was growing in power inside hal, and gained temporary control of john and guy until ganthet (the blue dude) saved them. Hal fought against parallax, and eventually the spirit of vengence had had enough and seperated hal and parallax from each other and from himself. He went home to heaven, and hal tried to do the same unitl ganthey sent up a signal that he followed which led him to his old body where he was reborn. arallax then posesses the guardian and gained control of batman, while hal defeated his arch-nemesis before coming to rescue ganthet.

eleveninches
Oh yeah. Before hal went mad, all of the green lanterns' rings were able to create anything and do anything the user could imagine, only limited by their willpower. But the only weakness they had was that they were vunerable to anything yellow. laughing out loud

wuTa
i get the point, kyle rayner is the best green lantern...you and WindDancer need to stop bragging about him so much

eleveninches
Kyle did the best with the situation that he was put in. But hal is the geatest green lantern. EVER!

wuTa
that not what i meant...i was trying to make it look like you and winddancer were bragging about rayner instead of jordan, but my feeble attempt failed

WindDancer
Hal is da man! Kyle was boring and a snooze. Besides I can't wait to see Kilowog again.

eleveninches
ya poozer

eleveninches
I agree that hal is the best GL ever. But you've got to admit that until emerald twilight, green lantern was a 3rd rate comic. It only became really a lot more popular when they got rid of hal and brought in kyle, as it got peoples attention.

wuTa
whats that you say?...kyle was awesome and extremely underrated..i agree, and once again so does batman batman...and i'm sure everyother justice league member would agree but that don't have a smilie

WindDancer
Is really hard to say but is true. GL kept losing fanbase and with some many different guys taking over as GL the series lost interest. But you cannot deny that when GL and Green Arrow team up is a story worth reading. And Oliver Queen and Kyle hardly got along so it didn't work. Better to have Hal back.

eleveninches
Bats is one of the main villains in GL:Rebirth. The entity (parallax) that they are fighting against is composed of living fear and feeds off of fear. Batman has dedicated his whole life to fear, so parallax has got control of him. It leads into infinite criris, where the build up to it is about the total breakdown in trust between the main 3 (ww/supes/bats) and therefore the resultant breakdown in trust between all of the DC superheroes. Batman is remembering the mindwipe, and is out for vengeance. DOnt forget that hal was one of the ones involved in the mindwipe

eleveninches
Originally posted by WindDancer
Is really hard to say but is true. GL kept losing fanbase and with some many different guys taking over as GL the series lost interest. But you cannot deny that when GL and Green Arrow team up is a story worth reading. And Oliver Queen and Kyle hardly got along so it didn't work. Better to have Hal back. Connor and kyle got allong really well, but for some reason, ollie really doesnt like ky;e. despite kyle trying to be friends, i think that ollie is still bitter over the events of zero hour and final night. He thinks that kyle is never going to live up to the memory of hal.

eleveninches
Who wants to go crime fighting with me tonight.???

wuTa
ahhh shit son

wuTa
Who wants to go crime fighting with me tonight.???

i would but i'm fighting crime in detroit tonight

WindDancer
Connor and kyle got allong really well, but for some reason, ollie really doesnt like ky;e. despite kyle trying to be friends, i think that ollie is still bitter over the events of zero hour and final night. He thinks that kyle is never going to live up to the memory of hal.

Ollie makes me laugh. laughing out loud

Everyone knew that he was Hal's best friend. There was no way he was going to like Kyle at all.

Fionnuala
there's so many of them...

eleveninches
Originally posted by WindDancer
Ollie makes me laugh. laughing out loud

Everyone knew that he was Hal's best friend. There was no way he was going to like Kyle at all.
He REALLY hates kyle. I liked their interaction on GL:rebirth, where ollie only manages to construct a single arrow, and then he's totally exhausted

eleveninches

wuTa
look at this pimp pimp.....jordan could never get a chick like this

Arcane
Originally posted by wuTa

implants

Jackie Malfoy
In brightst day.
In blackest night.
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evils might.
Beware my power.
GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT.

http://www.dccomics.com/media/covers/2765_400x600.jpg

He only works at night.During the day he is dim like a broken lightburb!jm laughing lightbulb

eleveninches
Originally posted by wuTa
Well, i cant remember hal ever being lucky with woman. Carol is married now, so he cant be with her any more

eleveninches
kyle and donna (wondergirl)

http://www.titanstower.com/assets/whos%20who/aapanels/zerohour/GLDonna.jpg

eleveninches
http://titanstower.com/assets/whos%20who/memebersfab5/donnadstar.jpg
again

wuTa
bam!

Bardock42
Ollie is a great character I like him a lot more than Conner but I can'tg decide between Hal and Kyle....the only sure thing is that the greatest, coole4st just plain best Grenn Lantern is Alan Scott. Well and maybe Hal as Parallax that was great.

And thats true Batsy doesn't like Hal ....hmm I guess can't liek hal if he doesn't

eleveninches
Read GL:rebirth #5-6 to see batman is the villain for going against hal.
Plus, batman is still mad at hal for being involved in the mindwipe

wuTa
thats because batman is the t*ts!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.