Anyone going to the GameCube Launch?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

amrit
Next Thursday at midnight at HMV on Oxford Street?
I heard there was some sort of party going on? I cant wait for the new rogue Squadron, a few of my mates were going to go along. Should be sweet.

Am.

Mujaffa
damn.... in lodon ??? or somewhere else.. anyway don't got the money confused sad

mah
I'll buy a 'Cube at launch day.

Raz
Don't want a 'cube.

Love my PS2 too much wink

mah
are you telling me you can live without everyones favourite plumber? crazy man!

Texas
I'd love to go to the GCube launch party, but I cant travel back in time. It came out 7 months ago!
Beat Rogue Leader like 5 months ago! cool
Getting Resident Evil on Tuesday! cool

Mujaffa
lucky bastard

LanceWindu
That's the bad thing about different launch dates. You get the games with the cheaper graphics (meaning: the first games on the new sytems) after we beat them. You get our sloppy seconds.

Texas
It really doesn't add up. The US gets stuff about a month after it launches in Japan, but then Europe has to wait 1/2 a year! confused

Ushgarak
The big Japanese companies really do have an APPALLING European strategy. They really don't care about us.

X-Box is little better.

tint
id go if it werent for the plane ride. i only have N64 sad

Texas
Has X-Box arrived in Europe yet?

Ushgarak
Yes.

If the UK had as man people as the States or Japan, I don't think there would be a problem. But we don't; Europe as a market is large but supplying to Europe is a *****; each country has a different language, often different formats are needed, even different power requirements.

You can see why we aren't at the top of the heap for priority in these things.

Luckily, I am primarily a PC gamer, and they come through very promptly.

Texas
Yeah, that makes sense.

I think the best computer game ever was Seal Team, it came out in like 1994!

tint
The best computer game I ever had was Warcraft II. But then again, it was the ONLY computer game I had.

LanceWindu
I liked the Destruction Derby 2 game. It was the funnest game I've played on the PC in a long time.

Captain REX
GAMECUBE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have Luigi's Mansion, Rogue Leader, and Super Smash Bros. Melee. I've played Agent Under Fire and Simpson's Road Rage.

Who's played Agent Under Fire? A kid at my school has an X-box, PS2, and a GameCube. His gramma is stinkin rich, so he's going to buy 007:AUF for all 3 systems.

Who's played Super Smash Bros. Melee!? MY FAV in the whole wide world (well, almost). I've beat it already, but it's still fun to kick peoples' butt.

I want to get Metroid Prime, Agent Under Fire, Crazy Taxi, Simpson's Road Rage, and Spider Man. Very cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.