The World is Full of Sleepwalkers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
The reason the world is in the state it is, is because it's full of sleepwalkers...

botankus
When you were writing your sig line, did a mirror happen to be in front of you at the time?

Sorry, couldn't resist. wink

finti
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzleepwalkers?

WindDancer
Come to think about that is what the matrix was all about. Humanity was asleep and someone had to wake them up to reality. Very poetic when you analyzed.

Deano
humanity needs a wake up call

King Burger
I prefer "zombies" thank you very much! Even robots wouldn't
be so bad!

Kidding.

I thnik "sleepwalkers" is apt, as most people do live in their own
make-believe world. Ignoring all around them, and thinking
themselves free-roaming independent creative beings.

Ofcourse one can argue that all people, through-out all]
of time have been sleepwalkers, seeing the world as they have
veen told to see it and/or want to see it.

debbiejo
WAKE UP, WAKE UP.....I don't think even an alien invasion would wake anyone up...Most will just think what they're told...Told what to eat, what to believe, who to condemn, who to vote for, how they should raise their kids, And what they should think....It's too hard to think for yourself, that's why people sleepwalk.

ApolloX
The world is living in sin.

SlipknoT
Im awake

GCG
Originally posted by debbiejo
WAKE UP, WAKE UP.....I don't think even an alien invasion would wake anyone up...Most will just think what they're told...Told what to eat, what to believe, who to condemn, who to vote for, how they should raise their kids, And what they should think....It's too hard to think for yourself, that's why people sleepwalk.

But thats what it is innit ?

We are brought up with instruction so when we are adults, our thoughts reflect our previous learnings. What we percieve is outputted and the same way we are influenced, we say and do things that affect the others so on and so forth. Occasionaly we stumble upon the discovery of a genuine fact that when we mull about, may make sense to others whilst it may be bogus to others.

Thats why there was the Nobel Prize : Its awarded to the few who have to put their mind into 1st gear to better the world. People like Mahatma Ghandi, Albert Einstein......etc. where awarded the Nobel Prize to commemorate their effors

Deano

ive been tryin to tell people that for ages

PVS
i disagree with the whole 'sleepwalking' way of looking at the problem of widespread ignorance.

i think we are in a culture where people make a conscious decision not to think. in all of the worlds problems, its easier to accept a simple answer than to accept that the truth requires research, and that it is far to complex to type in a single paragraph, or even a single one-sentence statement as we see today in the news, among our peers, from our governments, and even on this forum.

i say this because i dont believe that people have been 'lulled to sleep'. that would imply a lack of fault except toward the ones who sing the lullaby. rather than that, people make the choice to be ignorant, and thus accept what is told to them, because thinking takes time and energy, and nobody wants to be bothered.

GCG
I surely know that my workplace is full of sleep walkers mad

One person committed a series of ****-ups ! the next day when she was on duty, i was explaining to her the ****-ups and its consequences which i had to ****en deal with. I proceeded to explain how not ****-up again and also reasoned out how basically the procedure was.

After several minutes of me scribbling down calculations of a basic sum involving finding a simple percentage....i was met with a

'Whatever ...I dont know...! "

So I Was : blowup

MAN ; WTF am i explaining you for if not for you to know ? ITS A ****EN amount divided by a 100 and multiplied by 18 !!!! WTF ?
BASIC ****EN MATHS ! AND YOU TELL ME I DONT NKOW ! WTF ARE YOU GETTING PAID MORE THAN ME FOR ??

But she surely knows how turn on MSN and have the task bar lighting up like a ****en all-year-round XMAS TREE !

AAAARRGGHH !

Rant done ;

King Burger
She sounds more an idiot than a sleepwalker, right?

Uneeklyconfused
"sleep, perchance to dream...."

wink

King Burger
Hamlet?

Nice!

PVS
i feel ya GCG
i work in a graphic design related field, and a couple of weeks ago
my boss was in the art dept (my room) screaming at the loudspeaker to one of the 'artists' from nyc. anyway, it started out as a normal civil complaint. 'we cant have any pink in this design'. simple right?

well she set a file up so that a halftone of white would be printed over red. so i ask you, what does red+white make? i'm sure we all learned this in kindergarten while being introduced to fingerpainting. well apparently this woman managed to squeek by a 4 year art school and get a high paying job...and she didnt know that red+white=pink.
he told her, and she wouldnt believe him. after about the fifth exchange, she yelled 'there is no pink!!! i just need a halftone of white over red!!!' to which my boss replied "THATS PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

i just sat there dumbfounded and thought to myself "oh yeah....life's fair" with a painfully heavy sarcasm.

its amazing what people can accomplish while sleepwalking, and just not giving a shit. i mean, look at our commander in chief rolling on floor laughing

Jackie Malfoy
The reason the world is in the state it is, is because it's full of sleepwalkers...

What do you mean by that/jm confused

Deano
i think she means that humanity dont open there eyes to what is really going on...in fact they go around in a zombie like mind contolled state...everyone is in here own little world unaware of the TRUE problems in this world

King Burger
This is subject is your specialty, Deano.

You posted something along this lines before a while back.

A long article if I remember correctly.

PVS
rense.com i'm sure

Deano
yeh
but no ones interested in that stuff..people think its crap and take it as a joke which is fair enough....so i dow think i'll bother posting things like that anymore

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
rense.com i'm sure

loads of articles i have posted havent come from rense.com

so what if they do anyway...u gonna prove em wrong..no cos u cant

King Burger
Originally posted by Deano
yeh
but no ones interested in that stuff..people think its crap and take it as a joke which is fair enough....so i dow think i'll bother posting things like that anymore

No way man. Your articles are plenty cool.

I know I joke about David Icke alot, but actually the
guy helped change my life a while back.

A bit.

And nothing wrong with rense.com . I used to check it
out alot some time back.

Magee
Its funny how some of u mock the 'sleepwalkers' in this world yet most of ur opinions and beleifs come from a website/ a website. At least what i've read from your posts it looks that way.

Im not talking to everyone, just one or two people. Please dont attack me, its just how i see it.

PVS
Originally posted by Magee
Its funny how some of u mock the 'sleepwalkers' in this world yet most of ur opinions and beleifs come from a website/ a website. At least what i've read from your posts it looks that way.

gotta agree. to pick and choose someone elses opinion is still not an act of free thought, even if it DOES go against mainstream opinion

King Burger
I don't think the point is whether you adoptt he views or
world-view of others, but rather whether you think about
them,a nd genuinely believe in them.

The "sleepwalkers" are people who hardly thinka t all
about ideas or phenomena beyond their immediate eyes
and eras and touch. Food, drink, music, sex, tv, that's
about it.

PVS
i guess thats where we part ways.
i notice that people are unwilling to research. so whether it
be fox, cnn, rense.com, the bible...or any other source of information,
people seem to pick one source and believe everything from that
particular source without question.

'sleepwalkers' genuinely believe what they are fed, why would you think not? thats one thing everyone has in common is genuine belief.
whether or not their beliefs are true, and whether they are willing to question their own beliefs...thats the heart of the issue imho.

King Burger
fair enough, but here is my clarification.

First off, there are things that are almost, or completely, unknowable
by you and I. Such as the existence of and nature of God, comlpetely
unknowable and therefore one relies of Faith.

Or science. youa nd I learned about the cause of lightning being
the interactions between positive and negative areas in clouds. Now,
this is something that I and most people cannot test ourselves, so
we trust the that explanation, knowing that it was arrived at and
agreed upon by people who have testable and rational methods,
i.e. scientists.

But otherwise much of what we come across in everyday life can be,
if not researched and proven by ourselves, then atleast thought
about and rationalized. Such as if someone says that Pres.Bush
skipped his training in his guards unit. I can read about that a great
deal, and I can also think about whether such a charge makes sense
given his own background.

But a "sleepwalked" would do no such thing. He would simply react
to the story. Whether by attacking it (because he is a Bush supporter
and therefor refuses to believe anything bad against him), or by
believing it immediately (for the opposite reasons).

You brought up rense.com. True, what is written on it may not be
wholly accurate all the time, but a "sleepwalker" wouldn't even read
any such thing!

A reader of rense.com with wrong ideas has such wrong ideas
because he was genuionely decieved, but a "sleepwalker" had wrong
ideas simply because he refuses to even think about them.

To give and analogy, it's like a soldier who bombs a village because
he geniunely believes what his commander tells him, that it is the
hiding place of an enemy general, and the soldier who does the same
simply because he's following orders. It is this latter soldier who is
a "sleepwalker".

Such "sleepwalkers" don't believe much of what they hold in their
heads. In other words, they don't belief in what they have belief
of (did that make sense?).

The piont is, one cannot put he who reads and thinks but may come to
the wrong conclusions, on the same plane as he who doesn't think at
all.

debbiejo
That was excellent....And to know where you're going, you need to examine all the paths...I've also looked at rense.com before..recommended by a friend of mine.

The funny thing about most sleep walkers is that they will never admit it.
But here is a simple test..

Give them a book.
If they read it, their might be hope.

King Burger
That was excellent....And to know where you're going, you need to examine all the paths...I've also looked at rense.com before..recommended by a friend of mine.

The funny thing about most sleep walkers is that they will never admit it.
But here is a simple test..

Give them a book.
If they read it, their might be hope.

True, they lack awareness of their lack of awareness!

Good idea aboutt he book, though if it's a Harry Potter book, you can't
blame them for refusing it then. wink

Deano
i dont always look at rense.com...there are loads of different sources..
its scary to think that without the internet..i wud never have come across these conspiracys...one world goverment, microchipping , 9/11 conspiracy etc....u wud never hear this in the papers..and it makes u realise how tightly humainty can be controlled....mention one of my conspiracys to people on the street...they wud laugh immediatly...even though they havnt researched it.. they laugh because they havent heard about it on tv or in the papers..and thats why it appearas ludicrous to them....humanity IS mind controlled and it is not hard to believe at all..and the people behind the scenes are numbing our minds everyday...we think we are free but we aint..it is a very scary world we live in sad and the future looks bleak

Deano
how did icke change your life king burger??

Deano
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=320015&highlight=icke
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=331423&highlight=icke

have another read of this..it explains better than i can..yes i know its icke..but reptillian jokes aside..is what he's saying really crazy

PVS
i think perhaps the issue we touch on is 'wisdom', the idea that the only true wisdom is knowing that we know nothing...well...little. i notice that a true 'sleepwalker' has a solid opinion on whatever issue and refuses to acknowledge any possibility of misjudgement.

burger king (i feel really silly addressing someone as 'burger king' laughing out loud ) you seem to believe that the culprit is one who has no true belief and has no passion for what they believe. i think quite the opposite.

to me, someone who is not wise truely believes their beliefs to be fact. like a statement "GW bush went a.w.o.l. END OF STORY" or "GW bush served his country without fail AND THATS A FACT" its easier to believe your opinion to be fact, because ultimately then it IS a fact...to you. its easy because if something is fact (even if it isnt in actuality) then its not up for debate. you are right, they are wrong, discussion closed.

this way one can keep their own ego elevated in that they are 'right' and they dont have to go through the bother and hastle of exploring possibilities. the true culprit behind someone who will not think is not passion, but rather laziness. the passion for which they declare their 'fact' seems to be more for the sake of their own pride, rather than for the sake of what they believe.

once these beliefs are solidified into fact within their minds, then they are pretty much set for life, never having to explore those thoughts ever again.

King Burger
PVS, I think that maybe there is a half way point here.

One can be passionate about learning something, and believing in
it, and one can be disinterested in learning about an issue, and
equally lackadaisical in defending it.

But, one can be mentally lazy about beliefs, yet pasionate
about them. This is certainly the case about the politica examples
given. Many who choose the believe that Bush has fulfilled his
duties at the Guards, do so with a passion, yet show little energy
to go out and seek knowledge and facts that can actualyl help their
case!

True, some avoid such research because they fear seeing something
that would contradict their views, maybe some document or other,
but many also don't research becasue they don't feel the drive or
the determination.

Or take racial groups, like neeo-nazis. They are quite passionate, yet
I doubt many do much reading (except those that are active in groups).

"Sleepwalking" to me is more an issue of not knowing about
what it is you are actualyl believing in. Just putting it in your heart
and mind without questioning it. Whether they show passion about
those issues is indeed important, but for me the main important
factor is the knowing or awareness of what it is you believe
in.

King Burger
Originally posted by Deano
how did icke change your life king burger??

Oh, it wasn't a big deal.

It was some two years ago, I was listening to the radio, and
he was being interviewed (I'd never heard of him before),
and I think he was talking about our spirits, and our
mind's capacity to go beyond our current bodies and limits,
or some such metaphysical things.

I listened attentavively, and was very impressed by his
ideas, and how he phrased them.

They stayed in my mind, and that, combined with some
other things that were happening to me at that time, as well
as later readings I did of him, got me thinking about our
ability to see beyond our mortality, and to be aware of our
selves as thinking feeling souls. To develope am "awareness
of the self" as it may.

It changed how I saw my life, and how I lived it. That much
of what I was doing or thinking was folish and not worth
consuming so much of what limited time we have.

Confusing? Sure! But it can't be explained anyway.

But his talks and writings alluding to the inherent human capacity
for greater self-awareness, along wiht others things happening
at the same time, greatly expanded my mind, and my view of
what life was about.

To be aware of one-self, Deano, may seem silly and obvious,
but it is a powerful feeling when it is constantly there with you.

Well, I tried anyway. Can't be explained anyhow.

Deano
i understand , its not confusing to me

King Burger
Excellent.

Thanks dude! thumbup1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.