Maul vs AotC Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revan Darkstar
Ok, I recently made a thread asking who would win between Maul and AotC Anakin, Maul won by a long shot. So I'm making it more difficult, who would win between Maul and AotC Kenobi, I know that he died when faced with TPM Kenobi, but say that there were no spare lightsabers lying around, no pits to fall into, just a fight.
Actually say this takes place in the hanger where Anakin and Kenobi faced Dooku in AotC.
Who wins between Maul and AotC Kenobi?
Oh please give reasons for your post, not just, Maul, Kenobi, Maul, ur a moron, Kenobi etc.

Fishy
Maul.

Obi faced one of the most powerful Sith Lords of that time and managed to survive, i'll be the first to admit thats quite a good thing to do, but Maul faced Obi and Qui Gon in battle at the same time. I don't know to much about Obi's old master, except for that he was Jedi Council material... So he was incredibly powerful thats for sure.

Maul still managed to beat him. He got killed by Obi because he was over confident but in a one on one fight against a powerful opponent he probably won't make that mistake. It just depends on skill then and i think Maul is a better then Obi, at least by AOTC

jackstain
yeah i agree.

Maul would win this one, but if it were ROTS Obi wan, i dont think it would be an amazing battle, but obi would more than likely prevail.

this one though, goes to Maul.

Darth_Nefarus
Yeah, Obi-Wan just quite hasn't reached that level of being able to defeat Maul saber to saber. (He defeated him originally through inginuity)

SnakeEyes
You gotta remember though that Obi-wan has a decade of extra experience under his belt at the time of AOTC. IMO Obi-wan was almost at the level (in terms of saber combat) as Maul at the end of TPM, right after Qui-gon was killed. Its not like he fell into the pit becuase of a lack of saber skills...I mean he was dead even with Maul's moves until Maul force pushed him. Add ten years from that point and make Obi-wan a master in Form 3 as well, and I think he can snatch the win...

Kun-ni Habeo
yes

Darth_Janus
I think Obi Wan has enough self control and ability to contend with and most likely defeat Maul at this point.

Darth_Nefarus
Possibly, but Maul's devotion to the sith order dwarfs obi-wan's jedi commitments, he does afterall defy yoda by training anakin

Darth_Janus
Maul is all about rage. He uses anger as a weapon in battle, even if he doesn't openly show it. Obi Wan, in AOTC, is an image out of the Jedi handbook.

Darth_Nefarus
He may use his rage in battle, but he doesn't let it consume him. Arrogance was his undoing.

Darth_Janus
And one Obi Wan doesn't possess.

Kun-ni Habeo
ob1 coulld beat him as a padawan he can do it again

Darth_Nefarus
I suppose so. But I'm saying I'm not sure if he could out class him yet. It's the clone wars that really made Obi-Wan incredible and damn good with a saber

jackstain
I'd hate to go against ma' boy, but......Darth Maul most definately lets his rage and hate consume him. Arrogance was just a side-affect. He's nothin but rage hate and evil...but i also think that these traits would help him get the victory. ROTS Obi would most definately win though.

Fishy
Originally posted by jackstain
I'd hate to go against ma' boy, but......Darth Maul most definately lets his rage and hate consume him. Arrogance was just a side-affect. He's nothin but rage hate and evil...but i also think that these traits would help him get the victory. ROTS Obi would most definately win though.

Rage is good, but it doesn't support you in a long fight, it makes you tired. If somebody can block your first attacks you are doomed. You can't hold one forever when fighting like that, against somebody who can defend himself incredibly well you stand no chance.

I really do not think that rage would have helped Maul in a fight against a real Jedi Master, it would have made him die faster

jackstain
thats your opinion, and ur entitled to it.

but if i were in a fight against some kid who was all happy-go-lucky, and he had cut me in half 10 years previous, and i was out to get him, and more pissed than ever, then he wuld go down, you see what im sayin?

Fishy
Originally posted by jackstain
thats your opinion, and ur entitled to it.

but if i were in a fight against some kid who was all happy-go-lucky, and he had cut me in half 10 years previous, and i was out to get him, and more pissed than ever, then he wuld go down, you see what im sayin?

Yeah, and in a short fight i agree.

It gives you a certain early edge, but what if the attacks are blocked and a lightsaber master could probably block them, then what? Maul goes tired quicker then the Lightsaber master who is just blocking and taking it easy because Maul is using a lot more power. Maul would lose in the long run, however he does have an advantage early on in the fight...

jackstain
against ROTS obi, yea i agree, but theres no way AOTC obi culd do it, thats just my opinion. dont have to try and change my mind.

Fishy
I agree with you, just felt like pointing out that the rage would not always work in his favour... Against a opponent that is skilled enough to block his attacks he stands no real chance. AOTC obi imo was not however.

jackstain
aight cool.

SnakeEyes
I agree, Obi-wan would win... yes

Kun-ni Habeo
yes

jackstain
sure i know he would

as of ROTS

SnakeEyes
yup, that too...

jackstain
nah, just that.

Kun-ni Habeo
no,AOTC too

jackstain
really? wow, i was thrown off by him winning in the poll^^

Fishy
Polls hardly mean anything, a lot of people just vote for they think is cooler

Kun-ni Habeo
yes and ob1 beat maul in TPM he can destroy him in AOTC too

Fishy
Maul was a fool in TPM

Kun-ni Habeo
he wuld be in AOTC too if he wasn't sliced in half

Fishy
No he wouldn't..

He was a fool because he was facing the apprentice after just killing the master, he did not think Obi would be a challange, he would not make that same mistake against somebody who was a master himself

Kun-ni Habeo
no he is a fool and wuld be a fool mad

Darth_Janus
Well, Maul's dead. If he was that cool and that competent, Obi Wan would be dead.

Fishy
Completely agree, he wasn't that great. He was heavily overestimated himself and underestimated his opponents. But that doesn't mean he can't win a fight though... I do think he could beat Obi by AOTC. He just seems more capable then Obi does by that time

Darth_Janus
Hm. Maul is good, but considering TPM Obi Wan was matching him strike for strike it's reasonable to consider by AOTC Obi Wan would beat Maul. His defense was better by than from his practise of Form III, and seeing Maul would incite some subtle anger in Obi, though by AOTC he could better control his emotions.

Fishy
Obi matched his attacks?

Forgot what i said, i've got to see that movie again. The image i have of it, is obviously lacking

Darth_Janus
Well, Maul did en excellent job of keeping Obi Wan off of him so he could deal with Qui Gon for the first half of the battle. But then once Qui Gon dies, Obi Wan goes Jedi ninja on his ass and even pushes him back until Maul force pushes Obi into that shaft.

jedimaster2000
This will be an extremely close fight. Either one of them has a good chance of winning, but due to the fact that Obi-Wan at this time is more experienced and more level-headed, I would say Obi-Wan takes it but by a HAIR'S BREADTH.

Kun-ni Habeo
that is sh1t padawan ob1 pwns him knight ob1 wuld anal rape him lol

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Hm. Maul is good, but considering TPM Obi Wan was matching him strike for strike it's reasonable to consider by AOTC Obi Wan would beat Maul. His defense was better by than from his practise of Form III, and seeing Maul would incite some subtle anger in Obi, though by AOTC he could better control his emotions.

Yeah that's kinda what I was going for...

jedimaster2000
Originally posted by Kun-ni Habeo
that is sh1t padawan ob1 pwns him knight ob1 wuld anal rape him lol

Dude, you have to make account for the fact that Maul would have won had he not been so cocky and Obi-Wan defeated Maul by outwitting him, not by over-powering him.

Darth_Nefarus
That is true. But Obi-Wan with more experience, even if he got outclasses again, would ninja a stone lose and cause Maul to fall to his death or some nonsense like that.

SnakeEyes
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.