"Primer"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
I rented and watched the film "Primer" this afternoon, and I still don't quite get the supposedly unique premise of the film. To me, it seemed to be another time travel film that incorporates the whole plot line from "BTFF 2". They use stock tips and sports scores from the future to set themselves up financially, and there's no end to what they can have. It also applies the "Chaos Theory", which they are sure not to interrupt, so as to not change the future. After that, it delves into some really ****ing pretentious, convoluted psychobabble fest of how they can manipulate time and space, and a slew of other instances with which you'd need a PhD to comprehend. That, and a high tolerance for a LOT of dialogue, all which seemed too long for even a 77 minute movie. The only thing I came out appreciating was the realism of the film. It was mega low budget, no special effects, and the means weren't too far fetched.

Anyone else seen it, have an opinion..?

Evil Dead
I loved it. Finally got around to watching it........far superior to BTTF as the subject is approached from a realistic point of view.

I really liked the order in which events were revealed. It makes watching the movie atleast twice needed to fully understand the story. I liked the humanity they gave the characters. At the beginning, they are strictly scientists.....observe....isolate yourself in a hotel room. Later their humanity kicks in as they begin using the information they gather for personal financial gain.......still later Aaron's ethics completely break down as he begins secretly interacting with the environment with the implicit purpose of changing events, such as the shotgun incident at the party.....all the while Abe remains true to his scientific ethic which eventually forces him to make Aaron leave..........

all in all, best time travel movie ever.

Evil Dead
ps...... and they do it all without breaking the laws of physics. They are only capable of travelling back to the point in time the machine was turned on............all "time travel" is a simple loop in time contained within the machine, all about relativity.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Evil Dead
I loved it. Finally got around to watching it........far superior to BTTF as the subject is approached from a realistic point of view.

I really liked the order in which events were revealed. It makes watching the movie atleast twice needed to fully understand the story. I liked the humanity they gave the characters. At the beginning, they are strictly scientists.....observe....isolate yourself in a hotel room. Later their humanity kicks in as they begin using the information they gather for personal financial gain.......still later Aaron's ethics completely break down as he begins secretly interacting with the environment with the implicit purpose of changing events, such as the shotgun incident at the party.....all the while Abe remains true to his scientific ethic which eventually forces him to make Aaron leave..........

all in all, best time travel movie ever.

Hmm this was a pretty good movie definately one of the best in it's theme, but "best time travel movie ever" for me was the 1988 film "the Navigator", dont confuse this with the lame-ass disney flick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.