Unleashed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ketchuptome
So wat do u think bout this movie featuring Jet Lee and othas..
If u saw the commercial u no wat im talkin bout

Cinemaddiction
I'm excited, personally. I'm a huge Luc Besson fan, and the director, Louis Leterrier, also headed up "The Transporter" with Jason Statham. I expect big things.

Ketchuptome
yeah, did u see the commercial... HOLD UP!! the Transporter wasnt that good.. An average movie to me

BackFire
This movie looks really dumb from what the commercials have shown. Definately won't be seeing it in the theater.

Ketchuptome
The plot does seem linear, but i'll probably watch the trailer first

Cinemaddiction
Linear, but totally unique. That is unless of course you take Howie Mandel's "Walk Like a Man" into consideration..which you shouldn't.

Ketchuptome
laughing

Cinemaddiction
It's the only other movie I could think of where a guy was raised as a dog. geek

pr1983
finally a thread about this movie...

the rename seems odd though...

MildPossession
I am looking forwards to this film a lot, saw the trailer ages ago, been looking forwards to it ever since.

Ketchuptome
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
It's the only other movie I could think of where a guy was raised as a dog. geek

laughing and wit a "leash"

Ketchuptome
Originally posted by MildPossession
I am looking forwards to this film a lot, saw the trailer ages ago, been looking forwards to it ever since.

How was the trailer?

MildPossession
It was interesting, you can see it on quicktime trailers. Interesting to hear the score as well, all done by Massive Attack.

Ketchuptome
Morgan Freeman is the movie too. I notice he is the underdog in all his movies(Million Dollar Baby,Unleashed and others)

T.M
i like the look of this yes

i saw the trailer ages ago also and the action in it looks amazing

Ketchuptome
yes

T.M
anyone know the UK release date ?

Ketchuptome
no

T.M
sad

Ketchuptome
It cum soon though. UK gets imports very fast yes

BENDER_17
did anyone see the unleashed first 3 minutes clip?
its one of the greatest fights i have ever saw
i try to find the link for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!
its just amazing!!!

Ketchuptome
Please do :yesL

BENDER_17
thats not the first 3 minutes i am still searching but this is great too watch clip 3!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.commeaucinema.com/news.php3nominfos=13056&Rub=BA&baid=4

BENDER_17
its not working try this link just press download

http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/archive/moviearchive.php/Unleashed/1478/download/10576

BENDER_17
i cant find it but i owne it so if you want it help me to share cuz i dont now how!!!!!!!!"

Darth Vicious
Jet Li movies usually disappoint, The One looked great and it was bad, same with Kiss of Dragon and Hero, Ill wait for it in dvd.

BENDER_17
i think the one looked pretty lame (and it was) kiss of the dragon was a nice little action movie and hero was a beautiful picture a little bit boring but still good but unleashed is different its really a drama with great acting and brutal fights and not a stupid nonstop action movie!!!!!!!
I'm sure going too watch it in theater!!!!

Morpheus
raver the soundtrack is good. thumb up thumb up raver

Ketchuptome
A BENDER, who is that guy in the pic.
Nah, I couldnt get the links. I'll go see the movie then yes

DarthLazious
Looks like Jet Li has done it agian...This will be his best flim since The One.

Mainstream
heh heh

DarthLazious
Or better then Kiss of the Dragon.

MildPossession
UK release date in cinemas should be 10th June.

T.M
ahh thanks Mild thumb up

BENDER_17
to Ketchuptome
that guy is kakihara from the movie ICHI the KILLER
a very brutal yakuza manga movie from takashi miike
go check it out a very cool movie !!!!!!!!!

KidRock
looks real good. I hope to see it

Myth
Ichi the Killer is interesting but kind of a crappy movie at the same time.

Anyway, Unleashed looks pretty cool but I have heard that it is not too good, especially since they try to make an American Jet Li movie a drama.

This quote particularly scares me: "When Jet Li tries to emote, my kidney starts to implode. Please stop him." -Oz from efilmcritic.com
And I have kidney disease as it is.

Ketchuptome
Originally posted by BENDER_17
to Ketchuptome
that guy is kakihara from the movie ICHI the KILLER
a very brutal yakuza manga movie from takashi miike
go check it out a very cool movie !!!!!!!!!

Yakuza is the chinese mob right?
I think I heard of the movie. Is it any good?

Darth Lazious-No, this is not better than Kiss Of the dragon

Myth-How do you know if it is crappy if you havent seen it?

Myth
Are you talking about Unleashed or Ichi the Killer?
If talking about Unleashed, I never said Unleashed is crappy, I just heard that it doesn't work to well with Jet Li doing a drama. Don't get me wrong, the commercials still make it look good and I plan on seeing it. I was just expressing the fear that the evaluation of Jet Li in a drama may be correct in saying that he shouldn't do it.
If talking about Ichi the Killer, I did say that was crap and I have seen it.

Ketchuptome
How was Ichi The Killer crappy?

Cinemaddiction
It's overrated for one, there's nowhere near as much gore as everyone claims secondly, third, it's a rather boring movie overall.

But, let's get back to "Unleashed". There's an Ichi thread in Horror.

Ketchuptome
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
It's overrated for one, there's nowhere near as much gore as everyone claims secondly, third, it's a rather boring movie overall.

But, let's get back to "Unleashed". There's an Ichi thread in Horror.

Were the two made by the same director?

dark1365
I saw the trailer for this movie, it looked excellent.

Morpheus
raver Saw it last night.....DAMN this movie kick so mush ass.
i dont want want to say anything to give it away. but its good. raver

Zilverz
transporter was the shit ... whoever said it sucked earlier should be stripped naked and made to travel through 37 miles of razorwire

Unleashed looks great. There will be tons of sweet JetLi ass kicking for sure. I will be watching in theaters .. no doubt

dark1365
I heard it's almost tragic.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Zilverz
transporter was the shit ... whoever said it sucked earlier should be stripped naked and made to travel through 37 miles of razorwire

That movie had some of the worst action i've seen, aswell as a shallow story.

Just saw unleashed. I was slightly dissapointed, but it is a fun movie. The character development was non existent for a story that was all about character development. Dont know if that is the fault of the writers or jet li's acting ability. It is good to see jet getting away from the wires again, and choosing a good movie to star in for a change.

Myth
I liked the action. The action was cool because the hits looked like they were actually hard.

BadKitty
I thought this movie was fantastic! but I think any one going to see it thinking they will see a fight filled action movie will be disappointed.

there were fights and the fights there were was very intense but there wasn't as many as I thought there would be.

there was a lot of story telling mostly of the main character finding his humanity

maybe this appealed to me more because I'm really not a huge action movie fan,I don't know..but I would defiantly recommend this movie to any one. smile

BENDER_17
what a great movie, saw it last week and i am going see it today again
great played and awesome fights(i loved the withe guy fight)!!!!!!!!!!!
GO SEE ITsmile

T.M
i just watched it and i liked it

good action, good plot, good to see Jet acting and i thought Morgan Freeman was excellent

highly recommend it thumb up

st41k3r
oh, i see wut u were talkin about in KMC GANG!
neva mind!

T.M
lol

jnr hiphop
I'm looking forward to this one...

Myth
Ok? Its been out for a while now you know?

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by BadKitty
I thought this movie was fantastic! but I think any one going to see it thinking they will see a fight filled action movie will be disappointed.

there were fights and the fights there were was very intense but there wasn't as many as I thought there would be.

there was a lot of story telling mostly of the main character finding his humanity

maybe this appealed to me more because I'm really not a huge action movie fan,I don't know..but I would defiantly recommend this movie to any one. smile

Thats not a spoiler.

DarkC
It's out for DVD, I'm buying it sometime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.