Which is better ; Lotr 1,2 or 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Piratemonkey101
I think that LotR 2 is the best! yes

Exabyte
o.o

Movie - TT
Book - RoTK

Links to similar/congruent topics
More links

Exabyte
EDIT

Elessea
big grin ^^back to posting links i see stick out tongue

Exabyte
I just noticed that 95% of the old duplicate threads have already been closed happy so, not much left to do for thread linkers stick out tongue

Elessea
someone listened to me...and closed stuff big grin happy

Smodden
Originally posted by Exabyte
o.o

Movie - TT
Book - RoTK

Links to similar/congruent topics
More links

^what she said...yes
mv....TT
Bk ROTK

Discos
movie - rotk
book - ttt

Discos - i guess us scottish are just different

Thorondor
And here's me thinking all this time there's only one LoTR

xXLauriëXx
i love all of them equally happy

shadowy_blue
Originally posted by Thorondor
laughing

Fëanor
And here's me thinking all this time there's only one LoTR laughing cheeky

Discos

glad to see your one post every now and again counts

Smodden
I meant to say.....
BOOK:TTT
MOVIE:ROTK

sblomie545
i love ROTK b/c it brings everything together

Discos
ROTK was the climax, they wanted it to be so kick ass you would leave the cinema shaking with delight (I know I did).

"The Journey Ends" - you're god damn right it did, and what a journey!

Originally posted by Smodden
I meant to say.....
BOOK:TTT
MOVIE:ROTK

suuuuuuuuuuuure ya did ma loon roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smodden
Loon? What the f**k?

beer

Discos
*shows scottish dictionary*

Loon:
scottish word for boy, also could mean "son"

Smodden
American dictionary:

Loon: short for Lunatic...someone who's brain is insanely proportioned in relation to their skull. A nut.
smile

xXLauriëXx
American dictionary:

Loon: short for Lunatic...someone who's brain is insanely proportioned in relation to their skull. A nut.
smile

English dictionary:

Loon: short for Lunatic, an insane or wildly foolish person, a common name given to Laurie for her hapless, nonsensical stupidity stick out tongue

Smodden
*Starts "Lauries dictionary" thread*

^^Hey that was a great def...eek!

xXLauriëXx
stick out tonguestick out tongue

dark1365
3 was the best, because it had the good endings.

Elessea
*Starts "Lauries dictionary" thread*

^^Hey that was a great def...eek!
laughing We totally should...I likes big grin

Leggy_n_Merry
wow am i the only person who likes Fotr movie best shocking ah well whatever FotR is my favourite and ermmm i still haven't actually finished RotK yet embarrasment i'm so ashamed..but i'm not much of a fan of reading...don't kill me. i would love to read it obviously but i get distracted too easily, i can only read if i'm really bored like when i'm driving to england which takes like 5 hours so i usually read then and i actually enjoy it then big grin oops i'm blabbin'...

xXLauriëXx
blab away moggy lol... stick out tongue

Originally posted by Elessea
laughing We totally should...I likes big grin
A Laurie Dictionary thread... blink no expression what!?!?!

Smodden
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
wow am i the only person who likes Fotr movie best shocking ah well whatever FotR is my favourite and ermmm i still haven't actually finished RotK yet embarrasment i'm so ashamed..but i'm not much of a fan of reading...don't kill me. i would love to read it obviously but i get distracted too easily, i can only read if i'm really bored like when i'm driving to england which takes like 5 hours so i usually read then and i actually enjoy it then big grin oops i'm blabbin'...

I liked FOTRyes

I liked that it was ONE central story line, mainly around frodo...instead of having all of these crazy stories switching back and forth....

DarthLazious
I am not sure but I have been watching ROTK alot in the past week.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry

Nope your not the only one it is my favorite as well... i just love all the build up and the concetration on the main characters. Its also the Darkest which i love as well. I speak for the books as well as the movies

ladygrim
i liked them all

Discos
FOTR is a nice book to read, got a bit annoying for me (lol as usual). I just couldnt be bothered reading it (its the biggest book) but it did have one of muy favourite chapters in it - Council of Elrond yes

FOTR wasnt such a good movie for me, perhaps because it has been out the longest and I have watched it so much for the longest length of time.

Farseer Shifty
If you look carefuly in FOTR, when they are running thru the crops, you can see a red car drivind along. yes

Fëanor
Originally posted by Farseer Shifty
If you look carefuly in FOTR, when they are running thru the crops, you can see a red car drivind along. yes huh

you're.....making a funny no expression

masterkit
movie TT
book FOTR

LoVeRgIrL
i LOVE all of the lOTR

TrixStar
Book- ROTK
Movie- Fellowship

b-dan
the two towers all the way best book wasent boring and it was about my fave kingdome Rohan!!!!!!!!!!!. and if ur like my stupid freind who think rohan got it worse just cuz they like gondor better well gondor got it worse.

Son of Boromir
Rotk was gd but it needed like 20 minutes less blab

CrazyInLove
the second movie was my favorite

ilvorlandobloom
i thought ROTK was the best- movie and (especially) book

Renegade-agent
Nah for me two towers was the best,it had the ents attacking,the battle at helms deep,some funny moments from gimli
"toss me..but don't tell the elf"
"i'm wasted on cross country,we dwarfs are natural sprinters,very dangerous over short distances"
laughing out loud he cracks me up.
They also focused alot on gollum,like when he's arguing with him self,that was kool.

Mace Skywalker
I think the third was the best. It had everything there for me. cept that damn spider. yuck.

Murray
Now, now.
The FIRST one is obviously the best.

The second one was all about the action and was a little boring at times.

The third was just the big emotional climax, even though I did cry.

But the FIRST is just everything you could want in a movie. The slow motion and set decoration in that movie was som much more glorious and just the story of the fellowship makes it the better film.

Some people will just be like, "But the 3rd won 11 oscars. None of the previous two did that."

1: The Fellowship would have if A Beautiful Mind wasn't made (which sucked as a film)
2: The Academy doesn't know shit.
3: Even though the third one deserved most of those Oscars, the only reason it was a clean sweep was because the Academy wanted to give the trilogy one big night of recognition for the whole trilogy, not just Return of the King.

And I think I've made my point.

blossom_beam
I can't chose. It's not fair either. The three continue on from each other. The wars don't start till the second movie.

Batman Returns
fellowship for me, though for a long time TTT was my favorite, i mean, the build up to the battle is well done, and its got more interesting characters that are new, and its just very well done 2nd part. but how could i deny that fellowship is my fav.? it is! as much as the whole trilogy is absolutly grand and great, i love FOTR more cuz you get to see so many different places, especially hobbiton and the shire. sometimes i get sad that there is no hobbition by where i live, i mean, i wish i could just jump in and live there, but i cant! im seriously planning when i get older and have the money to do so, to build my own bagend house type thing with the round door thats green. but yeah, fellowship is my fav. cuz the fellowship is still together, i LOVE rivendell and bilbo parts, its fun and funny, and also had sadness and depth. its a genuine classic, a real achivement. TTT comes in a close 2nd, and ROTK 3rd and possibly the best action wise, i mean, so many battles and armies and stuff! and the fullfilment of the quest, and gollum looks so much more real! its great as well, plus, it just ends well. PJ and co. did a damn fine job with all the 3 movies, they are my all time favorite movies (and books) ever.

srry about my rant, but i LOVE all of them so much. big grin

Jaro
Return of the King.
It got to that emotional level and large climax that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Plus Legolas took down the Mumakil won points in my book because that was freaking sweet. Plus the Siege of Gondor was enough for a movie by itself it was awesome. It looks like Rohan saved the day but then the Men of the West comes in then the ships come in and you think Minas Tirith is doomed by Aragon jumps out. I have to say Return of the King was the best one in my opinion but in fact I consider all three Lord of the Rings movie one movie.

Backspace
I like FOTR the best.

^^[leane]
the 1 and 3,even though i like the 2 too ...

JediMasterLuke5
ROTK best movie of all time.

kayli_a
i dunno, i liked the fast and the furious 1 better than 2, but i haven't seen the third one yet.

fini
Movie: FOTR

Book: ROTK

Council#13
I liked ROTK and TT a lot because there was a lot of fighting. I think I like ROTK more because it has those Oliphants and the army of the dead.

Tired Hiker
I love the first one sometimes the most because it shows the Hobbits in their most innocent form. Whatching FOTR, knowing what is to come, is kinda cool.

coolmovies
ROTK rules all !!!!!!!!! The best film ever made

Leggy_n_Merry
Haha my post in this thread. I didn't even write with capital letters I am ashamed.

I have still yet to read the book again, but I have started reading a lot now. I'm currently reading The Hobbit and I shall be reading The Lord of the Rings when I've finished.

The Fellowship of the Ring is still my favourite.

Jacky Sparrow
2 and 3, I don't like 1

coolmovies
1 was outstanding too

Leggy_n_Merry
My friend doesn't like Return of the King. It's terrible sad

Jacky Sparrow
One of my friends fall asleep during the first movie....I can't imagine that! roll eyes (sarcastic)

coolmovies
How can you not like ROTK ?? it Rocks !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.