Star Wars Sketches on Late Night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkYoda
Heh. Just saw a funny sketch on Conan... I missed part of the introduction, but I recorded the whole sketch on my dvd recorder. This was the first night Conan aired in HDTV. So someone out there might have ripped the HDTV stream to their computer and have the sketch and whole intro in digital quality. Mine is just SDTV. I'll try and get it edited and uploaded here soon if you guys want it.

Edit: The sketch involved Nute Gunray, Darth Sidious, and Rune Haako in a say-no-to-drugs ad. It wasn't terribly funny in retrospect, but it was humorous and Conan recommended the new movie. smile

theshakl
i wanna see it!!!

CBright7831
Nute Gunray on Conan?!?!?!!??!?!?

jesus, I must see this. Anyway you can upload it?

Please!!!

DarkYoda
I'm working on it...fixing to encode it to XviD. Anyone want to help me get it out to everyone, because I'm going to go to bed soon. erm

CBright7831
Oh, I can't wait for this. This is going to be great. PM me when you get it uploaded and all of that. I really want to see this.

theshakl
what part of the show did it air? beginning?

DarkYoda
Hey...what's the best way to deinterlace? Or should I just leave it interlaced?

theshakl
have no idea...do both ..lol

DarkYoda
Okay...I just left it interlaced...I never have really found a way that pleased me when I deinterlaced. I still want to research it more. I also want to research how to optimize XviD more. This is not my greatest work. I also missed the start of Conan's intro rushing to start my recorder up. This was the middle sketch by the way. I also did not use the full quality on my recorder because I was in a hurry and the default was 2 1/2 hr mode on it instead of the full HQ quality. Anyway. I'm uploading now. Hope everyone enjoys. Happy Dance

theshakl
yey thanks dude

DarkYoda
Okay. It's up... PM me. I'll only be here for the next 20 minutes or so... so do it quick. Then I have to go to bed. Please help out everyone. smile

DarkYoda
Okay. I'm gone. If everyone starts wanting this and I'm not here, start PMing the regular helpers around here, as I sent this to them too. big grin

DeVi| D0do
I have the clip too now courtesy DarkYoda... smile

uploading mirrors now...

You can PM me too if ya want it... same deal as always: if you don't get a reply either the link's gone dead, or I don't like you... wink

LightSaber_Part
Man, I was watching Conan last night and he was making jokes about being on HD-TV.
I guess I missed it sad

Thanks DarkYoda for the link. smile
maybe there is a Torrent with the hole thing.

DarkYoda, is this the one??? (Torrent)
Late Night With Conan O'Brien - 04.26.05 - Mayor Bloomberg, Natascha McElhone, Ben Folds

DarthLazious
I wish I saw that even thou I'm more of a Letterman watcher then Conan.

astrofan428
Cool, I love Conan. I cant wait to see the clip. I didnt know Conan airs in HD.

Does Comedy Central still run the previous days Conan?

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by DarthLazious
I wish I saw that even thou I'm more of a Letterman watcher then Conan.

Me too yes

nvrsbr
Inc PM DeVi| D0do

It probally wont be as funny as the Triumph The Insult Dog one smile

astrofan428
Originally posted by nvrsbr
Inc PM DeVi| D0do

It probally wont be as funny as the Triumph The Insult Dog one smile

Yeah that was great, they show that clip all the time. I hope they do it again for Episode III too.

nvrsbr
Anyone else have a Link to it ?

DarkYoda
Ok. I"m here to help with requests. Just PM me if you need it.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
Man, I was watching Conan last night and he was making jokes about being on HD-TV.
I guess I missed it sad

Thanks DarkYoda for the link. smile
maybe there is a Torrent with the hole thing.

DarkYoda, is this the one??? (Torrent)
Late Night With Conan O'Brien - 04.26.05 - Mayor Bloomberg, Natascha McElhone, Ben Folds

Possibly. Where can this be found?

astrofan428
Wow, that actually was pretty funny. Nute sounded a little odd.

Thanks DY.

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by DarkYoda
Possibly. Where can this be found?

OK, I have it.
what do I do now??

DarkYoda
OK, I have it.
what do I do now??

I think I'm downloading the torrent you were talking about...

it's 351 MB

If you want to edit out the rest of the footage and keep just the sketch you're welcome to do so. wink Otherwise, once I get it that's what I'll plan to do.

Edit: On a related note, wasn't there a sketch on conan featuring mace windu a few months ago? I seem to remember reading about it somewhere, but I never saw it. sad

LightSaber_Part
Alright smile

DarkYoda
Watch CNBC at 6PM Central US Time to see the episode of Conan in question. He also rips the Star Wars fans (while making fun of himself) in a joke in his monologue and when he talks about the new HDTV format.

LightSaber_Part
DarkYoda, What are you using to edit the video??

Watch CNBC at 6PM Central US Time to see the episode of Conan in question. He also rips the Star Wars fans (while making fun of himself) in a joke in his monologue and when he talks about the new HDTV format.

I don't have CNBC sad

DarkYoda
DarkYoda, What are you using to edit the video??

For the video I uploaded earlier I used
DVDShrink / dgmpgdec(DVD2AVI) / HeadAC3he / AVISynth / VirtualDub / XviD Codec / VirtualDubMod

To do cut editing of the video I just downloaded, I will only need VirtualDubMod. smile

astrofan428
How did you get the video from your recorder to your computer?

I am wondering because I have a HD DVR.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by astrofan428
How did you get the video from your recorder to your computer?

I am wondering because I have a HD DVR.

When you say HD DVR, I assume you are talking about Tivo or something that does not allow you to then archive it to a DVD disk.

I have a Philips HDD / DVD recorder which allows me to record to a hard drive and then burn whatever I want from the hard drive to DVD. I then take the DVD and rip it to my computer.

Hope that helps. smile

LightSaber_Part
For the video I uploaded earlier I used
DVDShrink / dgmpgdec(DVD2AVI) / HeadAC3he / AVISynth / VirtualDub / XviD Codec / VirtualDubMod

To do cut editing of the video I just downloaded, I will only need VirtualDubMod. smile

Well I'm not to savvy on this ^^^stuff embarrasment
and I would really like to know how to do it, because I like to do video editing.

so any help would be hot. (even though thats a lot to ask)

kiadimundijedi
Oh God that bit was funny, Nute Gunray Had Marijuana... Classic

astrofan428
Yeah it is basically a tivo I got from Time Warner. So I cant burn a DVD with it, oh well.

Thanks anyway.

adamrubin
can someone post a link

BAILY
I can post a link for ya....

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/GGSsunday/C3sun-dave%20102.jpg&text=Gentle%20Giant%20Studios

Check it out.. i love it

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by BAILY
I can post a link for ya....

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/GGSsunday/C3sun-dave%20102.jpg&text=Gentle%20Giant%20Studios

Check it out.. i love it
huh

astrofan428
He looks like an evil fireman reaching for an extremely frightened cat.

BAILY
Its a joke guys... he asked for a link.. I gave him one.... he should be more specific when asking for a link.. I got thousands of them

astrofan428
Seriously, he is reaching for cat.

DarkYoda
Well I'm not to savvy on this ^^^stuff embarrasment
and I would really like to know how to do it, because I like to do video editing.

so any help would be hot. (even though thats a lot to ask)

I'll help you... just let me know what you are trying to figure out. If it is simply cut editing, that is fairly easy and I can write a mini guide to help you out. smile

LightSaber_Part
I'll help you... just let me know what you are trying to figure out. If it is simply cut editing, that is fairly easy and I can write a mini guide to help you out. smile

I do know how to cut and edit, I just don't know what the best program would be
and I really don't know about the codec part of it sad (I'd love to learn)

DarkYoda
I do know how to cut and edit, I just don't know what the best program would be
and I really don't know about the codec part of it sad (I'd love to learn)

Well what program do you use? I would recommend...

VirtualdubMOD
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?toolsearch=virtualdubmod&s=&orderby=Name&hits=50&convert=&dvdauthorfeatures=&listuser=

And you don't really need to know the codec part to do the cut editing. You can keep it exactly as it is (without reencoding) and trim out the excess. Cutting is a lossless process (except for the trimmed footage).

CBright7831
It says I need new software, and then says there is no update available.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by CBright7831
It says I need new software, and then says there is no update available.

Right Click, Save Target As
http://www.koepi.org/XviD-1.0.3-20122004.exe

Download and run this file... It is the XviD video codec installer. It is a very very necessary video decoder necessary for many videos online. It is either already or will become the most popular video format online (even more so than DivX, QuickTime, Real, or Windows Media). The reason is that it is free and open source, has signifigantly excellent compression/quality, and is already very popular for videos (especially on BitTorrent networks).

Happy Dance

Visit these websites also:

www.koepi.org
www.xvid.org

CBright7831
If you missed Conan, you can still see it tonight at 7PM EST on CNBC.

Somone record it!

DarkYoda
Originally posted by CBright7831
If you missed Conan, you can still see it tonight at 7PM EST on CNBC.

Somone record it!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3706928#post3706928

kiadimundijedi
Guys it wasnt that big of a deal... I thought they replay conan on CNBC or something... catch it then...

DarkYoda
Originally posted by kiadimundijedi
Guys it wasnt that big of a deal... I thought they replay conan on CNBC or something... catch it then...

No it wasn't. I just enjoy working with video and thought some people might enjoy this. I probably won't mess with improving the quality a bunch, unless people really want me to. wink

DarkYoda
I decided to go ahead and record Conan again on CNBC. It's recording now. This time it should be a perfect TVrip because:

1) I'm recording it at the highest quality on my HDD/DVD recorder (HQ 1 hr mode)

2) I'm recording the whole show... no missed intro

3) The quality of CNBC here is better than regular NBC I think.

4) I will deinterlace the clip this time

5) I will be able to make a much better quality XviD because of this.

6) I don't feel as rushed since the clip is out there now. stick out tongue

7) There is no 7 cool

CBright7831
"IT'S POT!"

theshakl
lol ^^^

marijuanaaaaaaaaa

astrofan428
CNBC better than NBC? Does CNBC come in HD?

I hate Time Warner, I have only 12 channels.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by astrofan428
CNBC better than NBC? Does CNBC come in HD?

I hate Time Warner, I have only 12 channels.

Neither is in high-def out here - but the signal from the CNBC cable channel is a little bit stronger than the NBC channel here (I think) confused

DarkYoda
Well, I have a new version that is much better quality imo. I'm uploading to rapidshare. Maybe Lance will let me post this one here for those that really want it. smile

DarkYoda
Here's my final version. Enjoy! big grin

Conan O'Brien - Star Wars Say No To Dope Sketch
http://rapidshare.de/files/1470421/Conan_Sketch_Final.avi.html
27.8 MB XviD/MP3-AVI file (CNBC TV rip - Apr 26-27, 2005)

- Spoof featuring Nute Gunray, Darth Sidious, and Rune Haako in an anti-drug ad

LightSaber_Part
Thanks big grin

MoviesFan
thanks!

DarkYoda
Looks like Conan is going to start making a habit out of Star Wars sketches.

In tonight's episode he shows a gang of Frankenstein's killing a Star Wars fan. It was really funny. That dumb fan deserved it! laughing

Just_Joe
We'll get atleast 2 more months of Conan making fun of Star Wars, I'm sure. smile

lourock
he has no life

DarkYoda
Well, I have the clip ready to upload now...so in just a few minutes I'll post it. wink

DarkYoda
Here it is... Enjoy! big grin

Conan O'Brien - Frankensteins Kill A Star Wars Fan

http://rapidshare.de/files/1500159/Conan_-_Frankensteins_Kill_SW_Fan.avi.html
21.6 MB XviD/MP3-AVI file (NBC TV rip - Apr 29-30, 2005)

- Spoof featuring a bunch of frankensteins waiting in line to see Gene Wilder that discover a dumb Star Wars fan in line for ROTS and ruthlessly kill him.

Just_Joe
Thanks for sharing that clip with us DY!

Conan may make fun of my Star Wars quite a bit, but his humor is not so different from alot of us. I can relate to Conan O'Brian humor more than Leno or Letterman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.