Preacher Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Shadow Z
Well I was just cruising round google on this idea and there may a trickle of hope that they are indeed making a movie out of this. Personally I think they shouldn't, because the sex, language and sadistic violence out of the comics definitely wouldn't be explored, most of the way the story is told and expressed is down to people talking and the way that preacher offers a view of America and religion might insult a large amount of people. Also I can't see a credible bunch of actors that would fit the part as any of the characters. What do you people think?

( Apparently James Marsden is tipped as going to be Jesse Custer laughing )

eleveninches
I t might work, but it would be risky, and it would have to have a really good director for it.

amlap
hey i dugg this old thread up cause since 2006 i've heard that the preacher will be a HBO series under the direction of MARK STEVEN JOHNSON (which if you ask me is a bad bad idea)

appariently you need to be an imdb pro membership to get any info... and aint down with the contributing to the man.

i was just wondering if anyone heard anything recently?

Darth Vicious
For several years, a film adaptation by View Askew Productions was in the works, with James Marsden attached to play the lead. The project never materialized, although production got so far as to begin make up tests for the Arseface character, gruesome pictures of which can be found online . At one point, Samuel L. Jackson, a comic book fan, expressed interest in playing the Saint of Killers.

In May of 2006, rumors began circulating that the cable TV network HBO might produce an adaptation of Preacher. In late November 2006, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed this, reporting that the network was developing a one-hour series with executive producers Mark Steven Johnson and Howard Deutch, the writing-directing team who created Grumpier Old Men. Johnson will also write the pilot.

Mark Steven Johnson told SCI FI Wire that he plans to turn each issue of the comic into a single episode, which will be as close to the original source material as possible. "I gave the comics, and I said, 'Every issue is an hour,'" Johnson said at a preview of his film Ghost Rider in Hollywood, Calif., on Nov. 30 2006. "And it's exactly the book. ... I had my meeting yesterday, and Garth Ennis is on the phone, and we're all in the room, and Garth is like, 'You don't have to be so beholden to the comic.' And I'm like, 'No, no, no. It's got to be like the comic.' So that's what's so brilliant about it. It's just like, HBO, who else would do it but them? Nobody. ... HBO is just like, 'Bring it on.'" Johnson has also confirmed that this will include the various one-shots and mini-series.

However, Mark Steven Johnson has since reversed this position and stated that there will be new content. In an interview with iF Magazine he notes "Well there would be nothing new to add if we did that so Garth and I have been creating new stories for the series."

amlap
yeah but what gets me with this is there is not any updated past 2006... that was 2 years ago. and garth ennis is a pretty busy writer so it could be another 3 years before anything gets going...but i want it now!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.